Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+87
Chris 23*
ERIK LAMELA
worms rises
Pirlo
OP9
the real white worm
The Chosen Glenn
110%
Luis
Romford Pele
worms.
messiah
TITO
Jaime
Effenberg
Pras_tama
Brian 2468
Xavier
blutgraetsche
Allez les rouges
Isco Benny
Aristoskank
debaser
Matt_AFC
Lusitan
The Easter Bunny
L r dd
QOTSA
Super Progress
mongrel hawk
TheCrazy58
Hem fet un mal partit
Yef
TM
stinger
Juligen
Batman
forza_rossi
DeLux
ronnies teeth
Puro
Riviera
lampiao007
bluenine
Deano
COTR
hammer_jake
Black Magic
christmasborocooper
Chocolate Thunder
Dwarf
fcb
Calidad
BoBo Vieri 32
Fade out
Deluded F*ck™
S4P
EM Seleção e Selecção
Pierre Littbarski
Parks lives
Kroos
Glenarch of the Glen
toon h
The Pröfessör
Chap
Napoléon
Khadrim
Murray
Historicus
Sgoater1
Kimbo
L.r.d
Brian2468
Cesc Soler
Fey
Sheffield gunner
Rosicky
Ricardo Jol
Stiftung Haeschentest
Hlebagone
Lesley
Ballboy Thomas Müller
monty
Axeslammer
SuperMario
Enigma
EMP
91 posters

International Friendlies Thread

COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

International Friendlies Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: International Friendlies Thread

Post by COTR Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:52 pm

Champions of England 2012 wrote:
    Metta World Peace wrote:It was a deflection. But still well played.

Was it? O well I didn't think it was I was too busy running around my room naked.

Aren't you supposed to be pretending to be English when you log in with this username Puro?
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

International Friendlies Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: International Friendlies Thread

Post by Fade out Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:53 pm

ALLEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

France extend unbeaten run to 18 games - a run that includes wins over England, Brazil and, now, Germany.

worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:54 pm

COTR wrote:

Was it? O well I didn't think it was I was too busy running around my room naked.

Aren't you supposed to be pretending to be English when you log in with this username Puro?

I am English but I really really don't like the England national team.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:56 pm

Fade out wrote:ALLEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

France extend unbeaten run to 18 games - a run that includes wins over England, Brazil and, now, Germany.

We'll take care of France. México can also take care of you. You may also know the blueprint on how to beat Germany, but Perú and México and Argentina know the blueprint on how to beat you. Nothing to fear in Europe! USA just beat Italia too. Costa Rica beat Wales. No problems!
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:57 pm

COTR wrote:

Ah ok, bit confused. You were saying 'we' in the Spanish thread a few days ago when their squad was announced

Half English, half Spanish perhaps ?
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:58 pm

OK I admit it. I am also Obispo, Black Rhino, worms, Europa, Saints, LRD... Biggrin <Ale>
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Well played France. They're the antithesis of Spain, as in they actually win friendlies.

Enough wins now to be considered realistic challengers for the euros.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:01 pm

Metta World Peace wrote:Well played France. They're the antithesis of Spain, as in they actually win friendlies.

Enough wins now to be considered challengers at the euros.

Spain thrashing Venezuela in a FRIENDLY just now. Biggrin
    worms.

Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23

Post by worms. Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:02 pm

COTR wrote:
    COTR wrote:

Ah ok, bit confused. You were saying 'we' in the Spanish thread a few days ago when their squad was announced

Half English, half Spanish perhaps ?

Na I was just joking about Spain,I will stop saying we when talking about Spain and Uruguay.

I am just a regular English guy,100% English(White).
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:03 pm

PuroReturns wrote:OK I admit it. I am also Obispo, Black Rhino, worms, Europa, Saints, LRD... International Friendlies Thread - Page 16 F_biggri International Friendlies Thread - Page 16 F_ale

Don't forget: N8WNG, Dick Grayson and Phil Thompson's Big Conk <Ale>
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Just out of curiosity: how old are you?

I've tended to find that the people I know in the real world who take more pleasure in seeing teams they dislike fail more than they appear to take pleasure from their own team winning are usually either really young, or old and bitter from at least 10 years of marriage....

Last edited by Metta World Peace on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:06 pm

PuroReturns wrote:
    Fade out wrote:ALLEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

We'll take care of France. México can also take care of you. You may also know the blueprint on how to beat Germany, but Perú and México and Argentina know the blueprint on how to beat you. Nothing to fear in Europe! USA just beat Italia too. Costa Rica beat Wales. No problems!

You missed Venezuela thrashing Spain cheers
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:12 pm

Them South Americans getting their ass handed to them again by the Europeans Ale
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Jaime wrote:
    Metta World Peace wrote:Well played France. They're the antithesis of Spain, as in they actually win friendlies.

Enough wins now to be considered challengers at the euros.

Spain thrashing Venezuela in a FRIENDLY just now. Biggrin

sure, but Spain should be beating everyone even in friendlies. If they gave more of a shot.

Great result for USA today. Although again, USA tend to do well in friendlies whilst Italy don't seem to bothered.

Personally, performance more important then actual result in these games
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Fade out wrote:
    You missed Venezuela thrashing Spain cheers

Venezuela are still wet behind the ears even with all their progress. They will suffer from their lack of experience worldwide and take a hiding from established elite teams such as España.

We also crushed Venezuela in last Copa América, just to illustrate an example of their lack of experience against 'experienced' sides. An experience side like ours do not lose to España like this.

They will learn from this humiliating loss. Europe rejoices from their lone win (at home) against America.

All the other American teams won or tied on the road. Biggrin <Ale>
    worms.

Post by worms. Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:47 pm

Metta World Peace wrote:

Just out of curiosity: how old are you?

I've tended to find that the people I know in the real world who take more pleasure in seeing teams they dislike fail more than they appear to take pleasure from their own team winning are usually either really young, or old and bitter from at least 10 years of marriage....

19 and a half.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:07 am

México - Colombia

About to kick-off and I'm watching this game with great interest. I want to disect Pekerman's 'new' Colombia - our next opponent for Brasil 2014.

We must win our next game! Another Perú 2-0 Colombia result just like in Copa América would be just fine with me. Biggrin <Ale>
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:34 am

This is a stunning goal from Spain. Brilliant teamwork and also a great bit of skill from Cazorla just before playing the pass for the assist Ale

worms.

Post by worms. Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:38 am

Did anybody think Parker was poor yesterday? He's a good player but the way the media are hyping him up to be caption is ridiculous.He looked very uncomfortable on the ball and he looked like a bit of a "facking runner" in midfield tbh,the likes of Carrick always gets overlooked simply because he doesn't play for a London club and he seems like a quiet type of guy.Yet he is obviously a better player than Parker.

I don't know why the likes of Gerrard is still getting picked for England as well,as Kroos says he just isn't suited to International football lol!
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:17 am

What game were you watching? Parker hardly gave the ball away for 90 minutes. Does what he does best and keeps it simple, wins ball passes moves into space receives ball passes moves into space. That's what you need from a DM its not his role to try and play like Messi. And if you struggled to appreciate his value when making two or three crucial blocks on RVP in particular in first half, or the importance of having a player pressing in midfield, then you're a lost cause....

Parker and Wilshere would make an excellent midfield duo

Carrick getting overlooked because he plays for United and not a London club has got to be the best conspiracy theory I've ever heard too. Good grief : lol: aside from that unbearably ridiculous idiocy, I think Carrick is worth a squad place at least, but he'snot the same kind of player as Parker. Having Barry and Carrick in midfield would be disastrous. Slow and immobile with no pressing or energy.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:03 am

Carrick's positional sense is really good. I personally think he could be a Busquets type for England if tactically coached/informed. He has done well for United with or without Fletcher.

I said it in other thread. But it seems to me that a midfield of Carrick-Cleverley-Wilshere is the way forward for England. IF Wilshere isn't fit or doesn't prove his caliber for 3-4 weeks, I'd go for Carrick-Cleverley-Gerrard.

England wouldn't make it out of group phase with Parker & Barry.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:36 am

So you watched the England game last night and not the France one? I
    And Carrick is soup de jour based on what? seems common knowledge unite are so weak in midfield that they had to bring back scholes. Cleverly is definitely one for the future, but amusing that Carrick is being touted....
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:37 am

A player not getting picked because he plays for Man United lol!

Jesus..

Carrick got loads of chances, he was usually shite, that's why he doesnt get in very easily anymore..he'd been rubbish for United for ages as well. He's finally picked up again and that's great, maybe he'll get in again some day.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:39 am

Champions of England 2012 wrote:Did anybody think Parker was poor yesterday? He's a good player but the way the media are hyping him up to be caption is ridiculous.He looked very uncomfortable on the ball and he looked like a bit of a "facking runner" in midfield tbh,the likes of Carrick always gets overlooked simply because he doesn't play for a London club and he seems like a quiet type of guy.Yet he is obviously a better player than Parker.

I don't know why the likes of Gerrard is still getting picked for England as well,as Kroos says he just isn't suited to International football lol!

Very Happy

WTF is this post

Bizarre

Have you ever watched Carrick playing for England before ?

Danny Welbeck starting up front for England is enough to blow your 'London' theory straight out of the water. I'm still not sure what Welbeck is but he certainly isn't a striker.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:42 am

Metta World Peace wrote:So you watched the England game last night and not the France one? I
    And Carrick is soup de jour based on what? seems common knowledge unite are so weak in midfield that they had to bring back scholes. Cleverly is definitely one for the future, but amusing that Carrick is being touted....

Saw France game on PC.

England game live on Sony pix (that's the channel we get here).

United brought back Scholes due to injuries (they had to play Park, Valencia in MF IIRC).
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:49 am

Cleverley? He's barely played 10 games for Man. Utd. this season. At least Wilshere played a significant number of games at all levels including CL to reaffirm his talent. Cleverley can't even stay fit 2 games in a row FFS.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:01 pm

But he has talent. He has shown enough in big games against City & Arsenal..
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVVVGIJFUkQ&feature=player_embedded

The Portugese front players are so greedy Shocked
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:34 pm

Translation: "Arsenal goalkeeper is not bad, is he" Only 1 good save..
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:05 pm

Romford Pele wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVVVGIJFUkQ&feature=player_embedded

The Portugese front players are so greedy Shocked

Jesus, Nani doesn't like the easy pass does he? lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:02 am