Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Chocolate Thunder
Hlebagone
forza_rossi
MightyBarca
Ricardo Jol
Pierre Littbarski
Cristiano
TITO
The Pröfessör
Effenberg
Jaime
COTR
L.r.d
Sheffield gunner
Super Progress
TheCrazy58
toon h
TM
golsud
EMP
Torrente
Barrilete
Hem fet un mal partit
stinger
fcb
29 posters

La Liga Jornada 11

fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

La Liga Jornada 11 Empty La Liga Jornada 11

Post by fcb Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:48 pm

1ª Div. Jornada 11
    VALLADOLID Sab-20:00 R. MADRID
    VALENCIA Sab-22:00 SPORTING
    GETAFE Dom-17:00 SEVILLA
    MÁLAGA Dom-17:00 VILLARREAL
    ALMERÍA Dom-17:00 MALLORCA
    ATLÉTICO Dom-17:00 DEPORTIVO
    ESPANYOL Dom-17:00 NUMANCIA
    BETIS Dom-17:00 RACING
    ATHLETIC Dom-19:00 OSASUNA
    RECREATIVO Dom-21:00 BARCELONA

All eyes will obviously be on the first match of the weekend, with the media all reporting that it's a do-or-die game for Schuster. But I don't think Madrid will lose, unfortunately.

Another interesting match could be Villarreal's trip to Malaga...I reckon Villarreal may finally lose their unbeaten record.
    fcb
    fcb

La Liga Jornada 11 Empty Re: La Liga Jornada 11

Post by fcb Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:51 pm

Superb column from La Liga Loca:

The Frisky Weekend Predictions - Round 11

Friday 14 November 2008 13:00

Saturday

Valladolid (16th) vs Real Madrid (4th)

The current 'Schuster out!' head-for-the-hills, scapegoat hunt is extremely entertaining fare. But it’s a mere ‘Disaster Movie’ sized lump of fun compared to the lunacy that will be served up during Real Madrid’s 2010 presidential elections.

As things stand today - something that Ruud Van Nistelrooy can’t do -

ouch...low blow, but still Laugh
    there is only one confirmed runner for this orgy of oligarchs... Juan Villalonga, a gentlemen who has tried and failed to take over both Liverpool and, more recently, Valencia. And someone who resigned as Chief Executive of Telefonica after accusations of insider trading.

The cry-baby bottler, Florentino Perez is said to fancy another spell in Castle Greyskull and its quite possible that Ramón Calderón will put himself up for re-election, if he hasn’t lost his tiny mind over the next two years.

But, according to press rumours in Spain, these stuffed suits could well be joined in the chase by an even bigger fish... former Spanish president, José Maria Aznar.

In a move that can only make the club even more cuddlier and loveable, the Bernabeu could be ruled over by a moustachioed meddler who a) dragged Spain into an immensely unpopular war in Iraq, b) blamed ETA for the Madrid bombings to lose the elections, c) claims that there is nothing wrong with a cheeky drink before driving and it was not for the government to tell people what to do and, more recently, d) announced that global warming was a myth.

LLL Prediction - Away win

Valencia (3rd) vs Sporting (14th)

For David Villa and Juan Mata, Valencia’s clash with Sporting is very, very personal. In Villa’s simple world, it’s a time to wipe away a tear and take a stroll down memory lane as he faces his former team - a team he said he wouldn’t mind retiring at.

But for Juan Mata, it’s the complete opposite. “I’ve already spoken to Villa and he told me that if he scores, then he won’t celebrate,” said the striker. “But me, I definitely will because I’m a former Oviedo player,” admitted Mata as he poured some cider from a great, great height.

LLL Prediction - Home win

Sunday

Getafe (8th) vs Sevilla (5th)

This week, the shy and retiring José Maria del Nido launched the sale of his new biography, “Sevilla, si o si.” “If being a Sevillista was a crime, I would be condemned to prison forever,” joked the potty president.

Unfortunately for del Nido, the false invoicing of Marbella town council for 6.7 million euro between 1999 and 2003 for legal services is a crime - something that the pint-sized Premier is being investigated for.

Málaga (9th) vs Villarreal (2nd)

So, was anyone else left with the impression that Villarreal just weren’t trying in the Copa del Rey?

Not that they can blamed for this, considering the side will be in prime Primera position to take advantage of the imminent Real Madrid implosion and a self-satisfied Barcelona disappearing up their own behinds.

Having been spanked 5-0 by Poli Ejido in the first round of the cup, the Yellow Submarine barely moved into cruising speed with a 1-1 draw in the second leg.

Still, manager Manuel Pellegrini made a good effort in convincing everyone that he did give two hoots about the competition: “For me, a miracle is to get back 12 goals, not five,” said the Chilean before the half-hearted attempt at a comeback.

Almería (13th) vs Mallorca (11th)

Like a blubbing bride at the alter, or La Liga Loca on any number of blind dates over the years, Mallorca have been left shamed and abandoned.

Over the past few months it seemed as if English pipe-tycoon, Paul “The Plumber” Davidson was going to splash out 38 million euro to buy out the completely skint Vicente Grande’s share in the Balearic club.

But then there was a 10-day delay in the purchase. And now Davidson has asked for another 15 days to find the funds. But the Mallorca president says the deal is off, after asking for a 10% deposit on the buyout - a request that has not been fulfilled.

LLL Prediction - Draw

Atlético Madrid (7th) vs Deportivo (6th!!!!! - what is the world coming to?)

La Liga Loca really doesn’t think it can stand this anymore. No, not another commentary from La Sexta but a “Javier Aguirre has just two matches / two months / a hundred years to save his job” story in Marca and AS.

For pity’s sake Atlético, if you are going to fire him - something you’ve been itching to do for what seems like decades now - then do it. Be a man. The blog is begging you.

If the reports are true and you are so financially feckless that you cannot afford to do it, then FourFourTwo will pay for it (maybe). Anything, to stop another series of sacking stories.

Espanyol (12th) vs Numancia (18th)

Aside from Paul from Barcelona who is no doubt losing sleep at the thought of this edge of the seat, classic clash, the most excited person at the Montjuic on Sunday will be Espanyol’s Gregory Beranger.

The reason for the defender’s undisguised delight is that he will be facing his former club Numancia.

“If I score, I’ll do 50 laps of the Montjuic in celebration. Nobody is going to stop me.”

So, in the unlikely event of Greg scoring a goal, the Frenchman will spend the rest of the encounter running 20 kilometres. La Liga Loca knows what it is praying for on Sunday.

Betis (15th) vs Racing (10th)

Seeing that one of these sides will probably be teetering on the edge of the relegation zone for much of the season, it’s a good time for a cheeky peek into the seedy world of the Segunda.

This week, El Pais published a fine piece looking at the dark, financial underbelly of two recent Primera performers - and did not like what it found growing there.

Administrators are claiming that Celta Vigo’s books were cooked in the 2002/03 and 2005/06 seasons and did not reflect the dire pecuniary position of a club reportedly in 68.6 million euro of debt.

But this is nothing compared to what investigators discovered at Real Sociedad, a side that needs to sell players to survive.

Administrators have reported a complete “lack of rigour in the management of the club,” claiming that accounts were falsified by 20 million euro under the administration of José Luis Astiazarán during 2004-06 to make things look a little bit rosier.

The good news is that the former head honcho is no longer at the club. The bad news is that he is the current president of the Spanish League.

Athletic Bilbao (19th) vs Osasuna (20th)

An awful lot has happened in the world in the time between Osasuna’s last league goal back in October and yesterday’s Copa del Rey effort.

The United States chose a new president, the world’s finances melted down that little bit more and several civil wars were started.

It’s likely that several Ice Ages may pass before the next one comes along.

Laughing

Recreativo (17th) vs Barcelona (1st)

“...so I was at the Camp Nou and missed the first goal and asked the bloke next to me who got it. “EXCUSE ME!!!!! (excuse me... excuse me....excu...).” As Wayne Rooney once discovered, the old ones really are the best.

Barcelona may be playing some of the prettiest football around, but there is no one there to see it, with attendances falling faster than Diego Capel being brushed by a breeze.

Just 13 people turned up on Wednesday night to watch Barça’s 1-0 battering of Benidorm, a figure down on the 57 hardy souls who turned up to watch the vanquishing of Valladolid last weekend.

Despite offering free tickets for members, Catalan Karaoke at half-time and the chance to be hit in the face by one of Thierry Henry’s shots, Laugh
    people continue to stay away from the Camp Nou in their droves, despite never having had it so good.

----------------------------------------------

And one of the comments below the article, responding to someone's question about why attendances at Camp Nou are so low:

November 14, 2008 18:21
    TijuanaKid said:

@ Snyde

It comes down to an age-old equation, really.

Catalans + Spanish financial meltdown + cannon fodder opposition = 1/15 capacity at the Camp Nou.

To be fair, I'd be pinching my pennies too, if I were them. I'd hate to not have enough Euros come February to see (insert Premier League team here) dump my team out in the round of 16.

He's probably right about that bit Sad
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:54 pm

Question for all cules here - what's the official (or un-official) policy for today's Real game? We want Schuster to stay, or to be sacked???
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:01 pm

I doubt he'll actually get sacked if they lose, but yeah, if I had a choice, I'd like him to be sacked. Not that I think he's a good manager or anything, but the more turmoil the better ok

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:02 pm

Sacked, that will destabilize them even more than they are now especially with the difficult run of games to come.
    Hem fet un mal partit

Number of posts : 904
    Registration date : 2008-05-19

Post by Hem fet un mal partit Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:23 pm

I'd prefer to see him continue... He has been riding his luck for so long, that I can only get worse. Plus he is clueless when it comes to tactics and the press.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Barrilete Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:34 pm

http://www.slideshare.net/centrowebs/porque-el-athletic-no-mete-goles-presentation?type=powerpoint

on the bilbao goals thing
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:30 pm

For once, Schuster comes up with something of a balanced lineup!

..........................................Casillas.....................................

.........Ramos.................Cannavaro..............Heinze..............Marcelo........

................Guti..............J. Garcia.............Gago...................VDV..........

................................Raul...........................Higuain..................................

Of course, there are still some obvious problems. No wingers so we rely on Marcelo and Ramos to provide the width. Also, neither Garcia nor Gago are that good going forward (if available, I think Schuster would have played De la Red instead of one of them), but better than having Sneijder there, who rarely tracks back.
    Torrente
    Torrente

Post by Torrente Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:37 pm

And by the way, admit it cules, you fear Schuster. That's the real reason why you want him fired. His Getafe team spanked you 4-0, his Madrid team 4-1 and outplayed you badly in the Camp Nou as well. You'd probably hire him in a heartbeat if we were to fire him, just so you don't risk him taking over another team that teaches you a football lesson Laughing
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:40 pm

Torrente wrote:And by the way, admit it cules, you fear Schuster. That's the real reason why you want him fired. His Getafe team spanked you 4-0, his Madrid team 4-1 and outplayed you badly in the Camp Nou as well. You'd probably hire him in a heartbeat if we were to fire him, just so you don't risk him taking over another team that teaches you a football lesson Laughing

lol! lol! lol!

The biggest tragedy of last season is not that the CL-winning, Ronaldinho/Deco/Rijkaard project collapsed so spectacularly, but that it allowed a bumbling idiot like Schuster to win a league title so easily ok
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:45 pm

But us Ches remember hiss work with Levante, so we don't fear him. We had to make sure you didn't fire him too early, so we let you have the supercup :-)
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:15 pm

Valladolid are playing well but unfortunately I'm getting the feeling that Madrid will still win this. Their players seem really up for it, and serious...not their recent comedy selves.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:17 pm

That Valladolid defender will want to dig himself a hole and get into it...Raul of all people did a push-and-run to get past him Laughing

Come on Asenjo lad, today is the day to earn your transfer to Barça.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:23 pm

I feel like I'm watching a Premiership game...lots of PGD and end-to-end action with little midfield buildup.
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:29 pm

I want Schuster to stay to continue fucking up and giving the club a worse image than it already has. He only won the league because Barça were atrocious (and some help from refs).

Schuster,Calderon & Pedja <Ale>
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:30 pm

Can't understand why the Valladolid players are diving so much...they are already giving the Madrid defenders lots of problems, so stay on your feet and keep running at them Ale
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:47 pm

Halftime 0-0...not a very high quality match so far, just 20 players running madly from one end to another as the ball ping-pongs between them.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo

Post by TM Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:50 pm

Its been a okay performance so far. The defence have looked good apart from a couple of shaky moments.

Like Kas says a very scappy game, Guti or VDV or both need to go off, because both are booked and look likely to getting S/O.
    Torrente
    Torrente

Post by Torrente Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:56 pm

Terrible game so far. Guti, Van der Vaart, and Marcelo have been absolute garbage. Gago, Ramos and Raul have been decent, but that's about it. We can barely string 2-3 passes together. I've lost count on the number of long balls I've seen us try this game.

It seems as if Schuster's strategy is to play not to lose, and hope that we sneak in a goal at some point. The problem is that there is no Van Nistelrooy to do that, so it's not likely to work this time.

To me the result of this game is irrelevant in terms of whether Schuster should be fired or not. I wanted to see some improvement in our game, some kind of sign that Schuster has an idea of how we're supposed to play. Obviously, I've seen none of that tonight. Schuster fuera!!! Cool
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo

Post by TM Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:01 pm

Away game to Vallodilid is always tough, Farsa lost there last season.
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715

Post by toon h Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:05 pm

1-0.

don't worry, Madridistas, Valladolid is a very difficult opponent. Last week we also found them very hard to break down...
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:05 pm

Cannobio puts Valladolid ahead cheers
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:43 pm

OMG RAUL Grr
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:44 pm

Raul gifted a chance which he misses. And Heinze gets two cards in a minute and is sent off!
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:44 pm

Heinze Red card. actually i dont mind because perhaps people will realise that he is utter Cr@p.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:44 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Raul gifted a chance which he misses. And Heinze gets two cards in a minute and is sent off!

lol! Heinze cracks me up sometimes. What a plonker
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:47 pm

L.r.d wrote:
    Sheffield gunner wrote:Raul gifted a chance which he misses. And Heinze gets two cards in a minute and is sent off!

lol! Heinze cracks me up sometimes. What a plonker

I am eternally grateful to the old drunk for this one

Dossena may currently be $h!t, but thank god we don't have the option of heinze there as well
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:47 pm

I wont say that i cheered against us because i didnt but part of me really wanted Shuster out now. i can take this result if it means Shuster out.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:51 pm

FT 1-0
    Wouldnt say it is a fair result because i thought it was quite even. nonetheless Valladolid did what madrid fans want but couldnt really cheer for. now Shuster simply has to go.
    L.r.d
    L.r.d

Number of posts : 5614
    Registration date : 2007-12-21

Post by L.r.d Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:52 pm

Super Madrid wrote:I wont say that i cheered against us because i didnt but part of me really wanted Shuster out now. i can take this result if it means Shuster out.

Correct me if im wrong. But were you not a fan of him? I thought i remembered Otto saying you were a very wise chap for rating him when no other Madrid fan would ?

@ COTR. Guess it was more a pinciple thing, because Heinze to Pool would have been like Silvestre to Arsenal a total win/win. But he'll always get more sendings off in la liga due to the card happy nature of the refs. He got away with so many 'should be reds' in the prem.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 pm