U-17 World Cup

Share
avatar
SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
Age : 51
Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by SuperMario on Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:59 pm

Ht 1-1

Castaignos put Holland ahead & Gambia equalised with a pk.

come on u patat generation! we need a win!

Burkina Faso 1-0 up v New Zealand

streams:

http://www.atdhe.net/
avatar
SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
Age : 51
Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by SuperMario on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:52 pm

FT 2-1 for Holland cheers
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Age : 44
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by bluenine on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:32 pm

Italy are thru to the next round
avatar
SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
Age : 51
Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by SuperMario on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:40 pm

Congrats! & you'll probaly get USA or UAE (2nd in group E assuming you win your group) in the last 16. Quarterfinals says I.

Holland are probably fucked anyway, we'll have strong last 16 oppostion for sure if we make it, even if we win our group.
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Age : 44
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by bluenine on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:47 pm

De Guzman wrote:Congrats! & you'll probaly get USA or UAE (2nd in group E assuming you win your group) in the last 16. Quarterfinals says I.

Holland are probably fucked anyway, we'll have strong last 16 oppostion for sure if we make it, even if we win our group.

2 wins in 2 games, the Azzurrini are doing better than I expected. S Korea were Italys biggest threat in the group, so they should top their group.

4 Inter kids in this team, 3 of them starters - a sign of good things to come. Fiorentina also have 4 players, while Juve & Milan have only 1.
avatar
SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
Age : 51
Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by SuperMario on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:19 pm

Hardly saw anything yet, only a few highlights when it comes to Italy. Impressed by Inter's share in the team. Usually it's a lot of Serie B players.

Holland is 1/3 Feyenoord, 1/3 Ajax & 1/3 other clubs (a few Twente players). Best players are Feyenoorders, with captain Ozyakup (Arsenal) being the exception.
avatar
Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
Age : 54
Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by Fade out on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:52 pm

But only one Feyenooder is 'potentially' worldclass(rvp) at present, and he is stolen by Arsenal. Maybe this coming generation will help reinstate the club to top again, in Europe as well. The stadium, the city and the fans deserve it. Ale
avatar
SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
Age : 51
Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by SuperMario on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:01 am

Thanx.

I still think Kalou could cut it. Furthermore Bruma robbed from our academy by Chelski made his EPL debut recently. That guy really will be good. Fer - playing for our 1st team - could be a world class midfield powerhouse. About every top club has already tried to sign Holland U17 striker Castaignos. Luckily he thinks it's better for his development to stay.

Problem is we can't keep our players. We could have such a great team with former players.
avatar
Since 1888

Number of posts : 5171
Age : 29
Supports : Sparta Rotterdam
Favourite Player : Sepp de Roover
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by Since 1888 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:14 am

Burden of Holland, burden of every non top club even. In latest years AZ nicked a couple of Sparta's youth players, Feyenoord with Wijnaldum and some others which I forgot about.

At least Rotterdam can be proud of 2 mighty fine youth academies. ok
Both first teams are built on youth products too, which is something to be proud of. For me Strootman and Fer will be two future players for the national team.
avatar
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by Fey on Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:07 pm

Unflinching Frenchman wrote:But only one Feyenooder is 'potentially' worldclass(rvp) at present, and he is stolen by Arsenal. Maybe this coming generation will help reinstate the club to top again, in Europe as well. The stadium, the city and the fans deserve it.

We can only hope
avatar
SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
Age : 51
Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by SuperMario on Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:03 pm

Since 1888 wrote:Burden of Holland, burden of every non top club even. In latest years AZ nicked a couple of Sparta's youth players, Feyenoord with Wijnaldum and some others which I forgot about.

At least Rotterdam can be proud of 2 mighty fine youth academies. ok
Both first teams are built on youth products too, which is something to be proud of. For me Strootman and Fer will be two future players for the national team.
I'm really proud about that. I'm a cityonalist. Sparta's Reserves & U18s are doing great this season, same goes for the 1st team youngsters.

Glad we have a good Rotterdam part in all Dutch teams.

By the way

BRAZIL KNOCKED OUT BY THE SWISS

BEN KHALIFA with the only goal. Great player.
avatar
Stiftung Haeschentest

Number of posts : 2314
Age : 34
Supports : Deutschland
Registration date : 2006-08-30

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by Stiftung Haeschentest on Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:45 am

Elite 16 finalised amid drama

THE DAY REPLAYED - The final day of group fixtures at Nigeria 2009 concluded with four teams confirming their ongoing participation at the tournament. USA and United Arab Emirates entered the final day of Group E action locked together on three points, safe in the knowledge that the winner of their match-up would claim a berth in the knockout stage. A workmanlike USA secured a 1-0 win, only for the UAE team to also progress by the slimmest margin imaginable. The Asian side reach the knockout stage for the first time at this level, finishing ahead of other third-place teams by virtue of the Fair-Play ranking after all other criteria was equal.

Things were far less complicated for group leaders Spain who maintained their 100 per cent record by easing past Malawi. The European heavyweights claimed a comfortable 4-1 win over the tournament debutants.

In Group F, Korea Republic claimed their top-16 status with a controlled 2-0 win against a disappointed Algeria, who go home without a goal or a point. Meanwhile in Kano, group winners Italy ground out a scoreless draw with Uruguay, with the point enough to guarantee the South Americans' progression.

The day's results brought heartbreak for both the Netherlands and three-time winners Brazil, who were eliminated in agonising circumstances. The pair are the unlucky third-place teams to miss out after being level with United Arab Emirates on points, goal difference and goals scored, only to be knocked out by virtue of a single extra caution in the Fair-Play countback. Germany and New Zealand are the other two third-place teams to progress. [...]

http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/news/newsid=1126821.html#elite+finalised+amid+drama

What a harsh way to go out. lol!
avatar
bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
Age : 44
Supports : www.footballspeak.com
Favourite Player : Zanetti
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by bluenine on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:08 am

Stiftung Haeschentest wrote:
Elite 16 finalised amid drama

THE DAY REPLAYED - The final day of group fixtures at Nigeria 2009 concluded with four teams confirming their ongoing participation at the tournament. USA and United Arab Emirates entered the final day of Group E action locked together on three points, safe in the knowledge that the winner of their match-up would claim a berth in the knockout stage. A workmanlike USA secured a 1-0 win, only for the UAE team to also progress by the slimmest margin imaginable. The Asian side reach the knockout stage for the first time at this level, finishing ahead of other third-place teams by virtue of the Fair-Play ranking after all other criteria was equal.

Things were far less complicated for group leaders Spain who maintained their 100 per cent record by easing past Malawi. The European heavyweights claimed a comfortable 4-1 win over the tournament debutants.

In Group F, Korea Republic claimed their top-16 status with a controlled 2-0 win against a disappointed Algeria, who go home without a goal or a point. Meanwhile in Kano, group winners Italy ground out a scoreless draw with Uruguay, with the point enough to guarantee the South Americans' progression.

The day's results brought heartbreak for both the Netherlands and three-time winners Brazil, who were eliminated in agonising circumstances. The pair are the unlucky third-place teams to miss out after being level with United Arab Emirates on points, goal difference and goals scored, only to be knocked out by virtue of a single extra caution in the Fair-Play countback. Germany and New Zealand are the other two third-place teams to progress. [...]

http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/news/newsid=1126821.html#elite+finalised+amid+drama

What a harsh way to go out. lol!

Yeah, but I rather call the other 3rd place qualifiers "lucky" than call the two who didn't "unlucky". If you don't finish in the top 2 in a 4 team group, you don't deserve to qualify anyways.
avatar
SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
Age : 51
Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by SuperMario on Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:56 pm

We didn't deserve to be in the next round anyway. Very por performance. Haven't go a clue why our manager decided to change half his team before the tourney.

Guest
Guest

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:41 am

sergi roberto hattrick and one for carmona

what can i say, no barca players in the attack in the euro U-17, spain score 0 goals and few barca players and they are doing the business, all while muniesa,gomez and dalmau keep things together at the back

Guest
Guest

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:17 am

Muniesa gets suspended and spain lose 3-1 to Nigeria.
avatar
SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
Age : 51
Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by SuperMario on Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:09 pm

So who'll win the final? I'm going for the Swiss. They've been really impressive. Wonder who'll sign Ben Khalifa. Should be POTT
avatar
Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
Age : 29
Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by Super Progress on Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:19 pm

Nigeria cheers
Could be the first to win it twice in a row I think.

Spain team with farca players going out when it matters. Erm
avatar
SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
Age : 51
Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
Registration date : 2006-11-10

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by SuperMario on Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:59 pm

The Swiss won all matches this tourney. Tonight they was their worst performance, but 1 set piece was enough for a 1-0 win.

Sefarovic & Ben Khalifa have been a deadly attacking partnership. Future looks bright for them.

Formerly known as sheva7

Number of posts : 1899
Age : 34
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by Formerly known as sheva7 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:46 pm

Formerly known as sheva7 wrote:Neymar and Phillipe Coutinho.

So 8 years later they top the list of the most expensive deals in history...

I should've been a scout Very Happy

Somehow I never forgot this post. I'm looking forward to talk about football with you again during the next WC, mates.

Btw: congrats, Puro. You peruvians fully deserved to qualify <Ale>

Sponsored content

Re: U-17 World Cup

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:27 am