Which is the stupidest/worst-run football club in the world?

Poll

The dumbest of them all

[ 8 ]
Which is the stupidest/worst-run football club in the world? Bar_left38%Which is the stupidest/worst-run football club in the world? Bar_right [38%] 
[ 7 ]
Which is the stupidest/worst-run football club in the world? Bar_left33%Which is the stupidest/worst-run football club in the world? Bar_right [33%] 
[ 3 ]
Which is the stupidest/worst-run football club in the world? Bar_left14%Which is the stupidest/worst-run football club in the world? Bar_right [14%] 
[ 3 ]
Which is the stupidest/worst-run football club in the world? Bar_left14%Which is the stupidest/worst-run football club in the world? Bar_right [14%] 

Total Votes: 21
fcb
fcb

Number of posts : 40471
Supports : FC Barcelona
Registration date : 2006-08-11

Which is the stupidest/worst-run football club in the world? Empty Which is the stupidest/worst-run football club in the world?

Post by fcb on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:00 pm

Pretty self-explanatory. Vote away.
Kimbo
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
Registration date : 2006-08-06

Which is the stupidest/worst-run football club in the world? Empty Re: Which is the stupidest/worst-run football club in the world?

Post by Kimbo on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:03 pm

We are peerless.
Jaime
Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
Supports : Real Madrid CF
Favourite Player : Butragueo, Redondo, Ral, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
Registration date : 2006-08-08

Which is the stupidest/worst-run football club in the world? Empty Re: Which is the stupidest/worst-run football club in the world?

Post by Jaime on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:04 pm

Well of those three it's pretty easily Atletico...but there are a lot worse in the world.
fcb
fcb

Post by fcb on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:07 pm

I don't think it's straightforward. Madrid are unique because everything stupid they do compared to the likes of Atletico or Newcastle, has an extra 0 at the end of it, which makes it even funnier.

And note that these are 3 clubs where even with a change in ownership/president, they still manage to to make idiotic decisions. So I'm not just looking for the worst or most eccentric president/owner, but the club as a whole.
Jaime
Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueo, Redondo, Ral, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:11 pm

fcb wrote:I don't think it's straightforward. Madrid are unique because everything stupid they do compared to the likes of Atletico or Newcastle, has an extra 0 at the end of it, which makes it even funnier.

And note that these are 3 clubs where even with a change in ownership/president, they still manage to to make idiotic decisions. So I'm not just looking for the worst or most eccentric president/owner, but the club as a whole.

But if that's the case then surely City should be in your little poll?
fcb
fcb

Post by fcb on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:15 pm

Jaime wrote:
fcb wrote:I don't think it's straightforward. Madrid are unique because everything stupid they do compared to the likes of Atletico or Newcastle, has an extra 0 at the end of it, which makes it even funnier.

They haven't done anything *really* stupid yet though apart from the usual overpriced transfers. They show a surprisingly decent level of restraint when it comes to managers.
Jaime
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:29 pm

fcb wrote:
Jaime wrote:

They haven't done anything *really* stupid yet though apart from the usual overpriced transfers. They show a surprisingly decent level of restraint when it comes to managers.

They've been through 3 managers in 4 years (two of which had done pretty well in a short period of time) plus Mancini I don't think anyone would be surprised if Mancini doesn't survive the year.
debaser
debaser

Number of posts : 22064
Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Jaime wrote:
fcb wrote:
Jaime wrote:

They've been through 3 managers in 4 years (two of which had done pretty well in a short period of time) plus Mancini I don't think anyone would be surprised if Mancini doesn't survive the year.

I think Hughes is the only sacking the Abu Dhabi lot have made, to be fair.
Jaime
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:45 pm

debaser wrote:
Jaime wrote:
fcb wrote:
Jaime wrote:

I think Hughes is the only sacking the Abu Dhabi lot have made, to be fair.

Yeah but kas said he wasn't just talking about a particular owner but the club as a whole.
COTR
COTR

Number of posts : 26580
Supports : Liverp8-0l
Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:14 pm

I voted for Real

What other club requires a government bailout to keep going every season ?
Jaime
Jaime

Post by Jaime on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:21 pm

COTR wrote:I voted for Real

What other club requires a government bailout to keep going every season ?

Sleep
Murray
Murray

Number of posts : 10235
Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Murray on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:35 pm

Chelsea should really be in this poll too.
Fey
Fey

Number of posts : 35347
Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:38 pm

Name me a good run club scratch
Pierre Littbarski
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:55 pm

Fey wrote:Name me a good run club scratch

Porto

Udinese

Palermo

Buy low, sell high <Ale>
stinger

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger on Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:07 pm

Villarreal Ale
A & K

Number of posts : 3347
Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:30 am

Lyon is well run, we usually buy players cheap and sell them way more expensive (Malouda, Essien, Diarra) and there are always some good players from the youth system that pop out each year (Benzema, Ben Arfa, etc). Plus we are accounts are totally clean.

Porto is really well run, they keep buying unknow players and transform them in really expensive players.

I think the worst club-run shold be the club with more debts. It's far too easy to buy tons of players and not think about the accounting because there's someone who can pay the debt. This is not the definition of a well-run company.

Man City should be in the list because they spent too much on players and rather than buy qualitative players they concentrate on buying quantitative, which is not working too well IMO.

P.S.G should be right up there for the most stupid and worst-run football club, regards to French teams. They missed 10-15 years of good football because of stupid transfers and poor managment. There wasn't a week when a new scandal appeared. When they had money to spend they've sent it stupidly (like Anelka and lots of others players.

Why is Newcastle listed? They just promoted and are doing fine (except for the firing of Chris Hughton).

Juventus could also be there for the stupidest club. They have done fuck all in recent years and although things are getting better but they should have better players and better results because they are/were a massive club. When you see the attendance and nothing is being done, it's quite a pity.

Certainly some Germans teams can be listed for the worst/best club run.

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:04 am

Porto
Pierre Littbarski
Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:07 am

stinger wrote:Villarreal Ale

How did I miss them out ? Doh
Kroos
Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
Favourite Player : Kroos, Mller, Gtze, Neuer, Gndogan

Post by Kroos on Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:11 am

bayern

is the best well run club in the world, no contest

would bayern have made the same debts and and high salarays over the last decade we would have done better in europe, but bayern gone there own way

the result is we are close to become the dominant force in europe, its onnly a matter of time, 1-2 years at least

acmilan, inter, manu, liverpool can clearly not competete against bayern in money terms, and have teams past there best aswell

while barca also have high debts, but a great team

in future the cl will be decided between barca, real and bayern

you heard it here first
Deluded F*ck™
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:03 pm

Bayern spent 30mil on Mario Gomez - how is this being "well run"?
Six
Six

Number of posts : 4390
Supports : Liverpool
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:05 pm

And Schwiney is about to leave for a pittance.

Not to mention their yo-yo performances season after season.
Kimbo
Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:12 pm

Alive and Kicking wrote:Why is Newcastle listed? They just promoted and are doing fine (except for the firing of Chris Hughton).

If only that was the only fuck up.
Six
Six

Number of posts : 4390
Supports : Liverpool
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:15 pm

Leeds deserves a mention.
Kroos
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:17 pm

well schweinsteiger will stay until 2012, thats fur sure, and nobody can say right now that he will leave

have i missed something on gomez, its the 2nd season for him in a new club

last season he scored 15 goals in CL, Bundesliga and German cup, and now he already scored 16

other clubs have also registered his quality, or why should liverpool and madrid hunt him
Deluded F*ck™
Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:19 pm

Kroos wrote:well schweinsteiger will stay until 2012, thats fur sure, and nobody can say right now that he will leave

last season he scored 15 goals in CL, Bundesliga and German cup, and now he already scored 16

other clubs have also registered his quality, or why should liverpool and madrid hunt him

Because they both need a 3rd striker.

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:21 pm

Bayern are probably one of the best run clubs from a commercial point of view. They have massive turnover and can compete with any club in terms of the wages offered. All too often they haven't been especially well-run on the pitch in this decade, prone to knee-jerk sackings, and a capacity for dominating the league one year and struggling the next. Obviously their record is still great over this period, but so it should be. Is there any other major league where one club has such an enormous financial advantage over every other club in the league? They have a wage bill which is more than five times greater than the team currently leading the division.

And you shouldn't be boasting about deciding the CL future Kroos when there is no guarantee you'll even be there next year. You should just be thankful that most of the other top German clubs are underperforming even worse than Bayern at the moment, and so you only have to chase such heavyweights as Mainz, Hannover and Freiburg for the a CL place (assuming Leverkusen and Dortmund will take the others).
Kroos
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:21 pm

Deluded F*ck wrote:
Kroos wrote:well schweinsteiger will stay until 2012, thats fur sure, and nobody can say right now that he will leave

Because they both need a 3rd striker.

lol!
fcb
fcb

Post by fcb on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:27 pm

I don't think any big club can really qualify for "best run" club awards. They may fight amongst themselves for the "best run big club", but there's always the odd stupid transfer (at least) that ruins things.

I won't use Gomez as an example because as I said last week, I was one of those who laughed at him...but with a run of starts, his goalscoring record is sensational. But let's take Bayern's defense for example...with the money they have, there's really no reason for it to be such a joke.
Kroos
Kroos

Post by Kroos on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Bayern are probably one of the best run clubs from a commercial point of view. They have massive turnover and can compete with any club in terms of the wages offered. All too often they haven't been especially well-run on the pitch in this decade, prone to knee-jerk sackings, and a capacity for dominating the league one year and struggling the next. Obviously their record is still great over this period, but so it should be. Is there any other major league where one club has such an enormous financial advantage over every other club in the league? They have a wage bill which is more than five times greater than the team currently leading the division.

And you shouldn't be boasting about deciding the CL future Kroos when there is no guarantee you'll even be there next year. You should just be thankful that most of the other top German clubs are underperforming even worse than Bayern at the moment, and so you only have to chase such heavyweights as Mainz, Hannover and Freiburg for the a CL place (assuming Leverkusen and Dortmund will take the others).

indeed, and 7 points to 2nd place should not be a problem, BVB and Leverkusen will get there off form as always Wink but the title race is over me thinks

without the money from oversea MANU would still be dominating year over year, like they did in the 90`s

its not the fault of bayern about our financial situation, other clubs have also huge potential (schalke, hsv, dortmund) but they all made huge mistakes in the past or have still no clue

i would say in la liga with real and barca is much more worse than in bundesliga, we have money but there were also many differnet champions in the league over the last years

Number of posts : 11028
Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by  on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:09 pm

HSV, Stuttgart and Schalke (pre-Magath) were easily candidates for WORST run club in Europe

Bayern are NOT well run in MANY aspects AT ALL

best run club in the Bundesliga was probably Werder for a long time, but not anymore

at the moment the title should go to Leverkusen Ale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:50 am