Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Fey
110%
Viva España
Kroos
Isco Benny
messiah
Jaime
11 posters

Cataluña?????

Poll

Would an indepdenent Cataluña qualify for the World Cup?

[ 3 ]
    Cataluña????? - Page 2 Bar_left60%Cataluña????? - Page 2 Bar_right [60%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Cataluña????? - Page 2 Bar_left40%Cataluña????? - Page 2 Bar_right [40%] 

Total Votes: 5
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Cataluña????? - Page 2 Empty Re: Cataluña?????

Post by Jaime Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:15 pm

EMP wrote:
    Jaime wrote:
    EMP wrote:
    Jaime wrote:Pull out of the spanish league? F*ck that they should be kicked out. They can have fun with Nastic and Sabadell and Figueres and l'Hospitalet and maybe they can see if the andorran clubs want to join them. Espanyol can stay though.

Jaime,

Doesn't it depend on the borders of Cataluna? King Jaume I of Catalunya ruled an enormous swathe of modern-day Spain reaching the borders of Alfonso X el Sabio's Kingdom (Murcia and parts of Andalusia). Jaume's domain had Valencia as his capital, so arguably the Catalans can claim Valencia and Levante and Hercules, Elche, Vilareal, Castellon can be included. I'm sure there are others too.

Meh. Doesn't really matter what the catalans may or may not "claim" from hundreds of years ago. Valencia wouldn't want to be a part of an independent Cataluña.

I fully agree. There is no question that the people of Valencia do not see themselves as Catalans, but they too have a distinct language. Barcelona's failure to win several La Liga titles stems from Jaume I having the damn cheek to besiege the city for 16 years (bastard) and conquer it (unforgiveable). Definitely due a curse for that despite making it his capital and that is why Barca were forbidden from winning several titles, but if he was King of Aragon alone we'll have to reconsider that curse and damn other teams too Wink

lol!
    Viva España

Number of posts : 14
    Supports : Selección española + Real Madrid
    Registration date : 2010-07-08

Post by Viva España Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:22 pm

EMP

Your links far above this message never bring light about this issue. They don't never mention King Jaume I of Catalunya like you proclaimed far above.
    In Spanish he is Jaime, Aragón included. In Catalan he is Jaume.

Nobody won't recognize nothing of what I speak, without saying the independentists.

Nobody can tell me Cataluña was once a free country because they were not never a country. They always belonged to Spain.
    Viva España

Number of posts : 14
    Supports : Selección española + Real Madrid
    Registration date : 2010-07-08

Post by Viva España Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:21 pm

And people talks about the Catalans want freedom but people abroad never think there are 6 millions people in Cataluña. Many Catalans want to be part of Spain. To the end of this matter there will have to be a referendum and let the votes speak. I am democratic. Spanish people are democratic. Let the Catalans choose and vote.
    I also like to tell you posters that I am sorry if some or all of my messages here look rude in the way I express my opinion or refer to you. The English language is not my mother tongue and that's the reason I don't generally participate in thie forum. I never like you to have a wrong idea of me.

Right, have a good day
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:55 pm

Viva España wrote:And people talks about the Catalans want freedom but people abroad never think there are 6 millions people in Cataluña. Many Catalans want to be part of Spain. To the end of this matter there will have to be a referendum and let the votes speak. I am democratic. Spanish people are democratic. Let the Catalans choose and vote.
    I also like to tell you posters that I am sorry if some or all of my messages here look rude in the way I express my opinion or refer to you. The English language is not my mother tongue and that's the reason I don't generally participate in thie forum. I never like you to have a wrong idea of me.

Right, have a good day

I don't think you are rude at all. I did say it depends on perception. There are certainly some Catalans, especially, who see Jaume as King of Catalunya and Aragon. You have the right to totally disagree with them, which you do. As you point out the vast majority of Spaniards do not agree with the historic claim of Catalunya as a Kingdom or nation.

I don't really disagree with you that if Catalans want independence it has to be settled by a referendum and it probably would not be in favour of leaving Spain. Please don't feel inhibited from expressing your opinion passionately. You are certainly entitled to do so and I have taken no offence at all.

Just so you are aware, I'm not commenting either way on the historic issue; it is in my opinion open to debate. There are plainly some and not just in Catalunya who see Jaume as King of both Catalunya and Aragon. You are entitled not to agree with them. I haven't looked into it enough to have formed a definite opinion.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:35 pm

Viva España wrote:And people talks about the Catalans want freedom but people abroad never think there are 6 millions people in Cataluña. Many Catalans want to be part of Spain. To the end of this matter there will have to be a referendum and let the votes speak. I am democratic. Spanish people are democratic. Let the Catalans choose and vote.

Right, have a good day

Tell me you support your fellow whitebloods (Tottenham Hotspur), and I promise that I will never have the wrong idea of you.

Good day to you sir Ale
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Kroos Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:48 am

Disco Benny wrote:
    Kroos wrote:
    Viva España wrote:
    ____Casillas_______

_____Iraola____Javi Mtnez.____Ramos____Monreal_____

___________Alonso___

_____Silva______Iniesta______

_____Soldado_____Mata_____

_______Villa/Torres

Spain is strong team with or without los catalanes.

like i said, would win SHIT

<Ale>

mata, soldado and torres decent at best

villa is good

midfield is fine, but far to lightweight (your record about no conceded goals in the KO stage would be gone), and without the barca influence and blind understanding of them, spain would be nothing special

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Santi Cazorla and Juan Mata cannot get near the Spain team, yet both would walk into any National team. Including Germany.

Cazorla >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Podolski. And the Poodle starts for Die Manshaft.

You do ze math

Tchusssssssssssssssssssssssssss Ale

poldi isn`t a starter anymore, reus and götze are ahead of him

mata = since his chelsea days he is poor, wouldn`t get near our starting 11
    cazorla = i don`t know him much, but better than götze or özi NO WAY

i don`t rate spanish players higher then germans, only xavi and iniesta, the rest is very good (and more experienced), but not better then our players, our gameplan is just awful
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:04 am

Kroos wrote:

i don`t rate spanish players higher then germans

I'm not sure you really needed to say this.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Super Progress Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Right, have a good day
    The people who want Catalan citizenship should get it and those who don't should retain Spanish citizenship. And those who want both should get that. As I understand it the latest protests are against Spain sucking the industrious north of wealth. I see no problem here in the Catalans not wanting to be used just like Germany doesn't want to exploited by Greece. Now obviously if this is the problem the central government wouldn't like their tax base shrinking so I'm guesing they'll fight it. It doesn't have to be a big revolution or anything. It could simply be a legal change and we would probably still about Greater Spain in the same they talked about Greater Germany(including Austria).
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:00 pm

Well, seems like this could possibly happen now!

Maybe Puyol and Xavi will come out of retirement for this. Pep will certainly quit Bayern to manage the team.

---------------------Masip

Montoya------Pique------Fontas------J. Alba

------------Busquets-----V. Sanchez

Vidal----------------Cesc-------------Deulofeu

---------------------Bojan

Right now they could actually put together a pretty decent XI apart from goalkeeper and striker. Of course beyond the first XI you have to start calling Cristian Tello and Muniesa ffs.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:07 pm

Tello >>>> Jese

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:41 pm