Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
debaser
Murray
Formerly known as sheva7
Luis
bluenine
mongrel hawk
christmasborocooper
EMP
Fey
blutgraetsche
Kroos
stinger
Kimbo
Fade out
worms rises
TM
Super Progress
The Easter Bunny
S4P
fcb
messiah
Hlebagone
Jaime
King Modric
110%
Romford Pele
Isco Benny
abundance
the real white worm
Viva España
34 posters

La Roja

Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

La Roja - Page 6 Empty Re: La Roja

Post by Jaime Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Del Bosque will be renewed through 2016. Ale
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:44 pm

XI for the last match against Georgia:

Casillas, Juanfran, Piqué, Ramos, Alberto Moreno, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Navas, Negredo
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:25 pm

Porteros: Casillas, Valdés y Reina

Defensas: Arbeloa, Juanfran, Sergio Ramos, Albiol, Íñigo Martínez, Monreal y Alberto Moreno

Centrocampistas: Javi Martínez, Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Koke, Iniesta, Cazorla, Cesc, Navas y Mata

Delanteros: Diego Costa, Negredo, Villa y Pedro
    messiah
    messiah

Number of posts : 3084
    Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:46 pm

after the U21 championship who would have guessed that out of mendi,thiago,isco and koke, koke would have been the one most likely to start for the first team.

certainly not me, not that he wasn't very good.

with villa finding his CF form again after years of playing on the left for us and costa looking like a beast, the striker problem may be solved
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:01 pm

Negredo is also in the form of his life. Llorente showing signs of revival as well.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:13 pm

It will be interesting to see how much if any the final WC squad changes w/r to the 23 called for these friendlies.

I suspect in the end Del Bosque will only take 3 full backs (Arbeloa, Juanfran, and Jordi Alba) and 3 centre backs (Pique, Sergio Ramos, Albiol or Iñigo). Javi Martinez and even Busquets can fill in at centre back in a pinch and since Arbeloa can play left or right and Koke even can fill in at full back, I think he will feel comfortable in terms of cover.

My best guess would be

Porteros: Casillas, Valdés, Reina
    Defensas: Arbeloa, Juanfran, Sergio Ramos, Piqué, Íñigo Martínez, Jordi Alba
    Centrocampistas: Javi Martínez, Busquets, Xabi Alonso, Koke, Iniesta, Xavi, Silva, Cesc, Navas, Mata
    Delanteros: Diego Costa, Negredo, Villa, Pedro

I think Mata is probably the least secure of the midfielders, Del Bosque really loves Koke a lot so I think he will make it. If Torres is really playing out of his mind, maybe he might could get in ahead of Negredo or Costa. But I get the sense that after all of the trouble trying to get Costa eligible for Spain he will make the WC squad.
    messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:22 pm

like you said can't see costa not making it after the fuss to get him in, forgot about negredo who is indeed doing great, i agree with that squad fully, torres and llorente will be left out.

maybe if puyol stays fit and plays well he would take him, so he could move ramos to right back, thus solidifying the defense even more, can't see a neymar doing ramos want he did to alrbeloa
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:11 pm

I honestly think Puyol's chapter in the national team has closed. I don't think he will probably be/stay fit enough the rest of the way but even if by some miracle he makes it to June ok, he is an injury waiting to happen. I don't think in a demanding tournament with a lot of games in a short period you can risk taking someone who could crap out at any moment. Especially if Del Bosque takes a relatively small number of defenders.

I do think if Thiago comes back in the second half of the season and performs well at Bayern or if Isco gets back into things at RM you might see someone like Mata drop out especially if Jose decides to hate him again.

The only other case is Pedrito who isn't really getting minutes with Tata. I think Del Bosque will go out of his way to take him because he is the one really player that can change the pace for Spain. An interesting alternative could actually be Callejon who has been excellent at Napoli so far but I don't think Del Bosque is really counting on any of the Serie A based players apart, maybe, from Albiol.

Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:22 pm

Cesc out, Bartra in???? scratch
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:11 pm

Diego Costa has pulled out as well...Llorente called up instead.
    messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:59 pm

bartra to the senior squad, he has been playing like boss recently, yes another reason i hate tito, this is how you develop talent, not by throwing them on against the best teams with zero match practice
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:29 pm

Del Bosque renews through 2016!
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:05 pm

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25997111

Aragones dies!

RIP/DEP  Dove

Was he so old already in 2008? THen again he never got as old as he looked.

Good coach, and played Tikki-Takka before Pep!
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians

Post by mongrel hawk Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:12 pm

Black away kit to play a mostly hot WC? Not very smart...

http://globoesporte.globo.com/blogs/especial-blog/brasil-mundial-fc/post/espanha-escolhe-segundo-uniforme-preto-e-dourado-para-copa-do-mundo.html
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:56 pm

Interesting list from Del Bosque:

Porteros: Casillas, Reina, Valdés;
    Defensas: Juanfran, Javi Martínez, Ramos, Alba, Azpilicueta, Albiol.
    Centrocampistas: Xabi Alonso, Busquets, Xavi, Koke, Thiago, Iniesta, Navas, Cazorla, Cesc, Silva.
    Delanteros: Pedro, Diego Costa y Negredo

Mata, Torres, Villa, Llorente, Arbeloa and Pique (injured) are left out.

Surprised about Arbeloa but I still think he will make the squad for Brazil. Azpilicueta deserves a chance. Would rather have seen Inigo Martinez ahead of Albiol as well.

Cazorla over Mata seems pointless. And I really don't see Del Bosque's love affair with Navas.

Still hoping Jese will make the final 23 man squad.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:12 am

Thought Diego Costa looked pretty lost out there. Spain play so different to Atletico he really didn't seem to fit. I think it will take him a while to adapt but the problem is there are what, two more friendlies before the WC? At this point I don't really see what advantage there is to taking him over any of the forwards who were part of the qualifying campaign.

Silva really changed the game. The connection between him and Iniesta is really unbelievable at times.

Right now though, Spain's chances in the WC really seem to depend on Pedrito aka the best player Farsa have stolen from somewhere else at the tender age of 18 or 19 and then claimed he has Farsa DNA. The guy just can't stop scoring, a shame he's being relegated to the bench by Alexis and Neymar. He would be in my XI every time for Spain.
    messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:01 am

yeah costa was lost, but he will adapt with more training time, I am not too worried, he will at least harass the defenders and give the other players time to do their thing.

lol! @ the pedro bit, but true is has been playing well for spain, I wonder though if he best coming off the bench to run at tired defenders. he is one of the best natural finishers in the game, but it goes unnoticed .

only thing this game should me, is just how much talent spain have, their team is so fucking deep.

I'd take Jese if he continues to play well, he and pedro on at about the 60th minutes, one of them will for sure score.

Jese at CF of course, time for carlo to start playing him there
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:04 pm

Koke should start ahead of Xavi in the Spanish team. Ale
    110%

Number of posts : 8978
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by 110% Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:34 pm

Jaime wrote:Koke should start ahead of Xavi in the Spanish team. Ale

but but greatest midfielder ever at passing the ball to bartra

<Ale> 
    messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Jaime wrote:Koke should start ahead of Xavi in the Spanish team. Ale

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

good stuff

but he should be on the plane for sure.

couldn't have guess he would have passed thiago and isco for a spot in the world cup, based on their talent and the past.

with him,torres and saul. atletico have a great future.

messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:53 pm

----Busquets

--xavi----Koke

--pedro--costa--iniesta

thats it team.

but we all know VDB wont change.

Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:08 pm

Raul Garcia is another name that really should go to the WC. He is completely transformed this year by Simeone. Apart from being in the squads that went through the qualification process, Cazorla has done absolutely nothing to deserve a ticket to Brazil.

And Dani Carvajal too for that matter.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Tue May 13, 2014 1:34 pm

Del Bosque's 30 man pre-World Cup squad:

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas, José Manuel Reina, David De Gea

Defenders: Jordi Alba, Raúl Albiol, César Azpilicueta, Dani Carvajal, Juanfran, Alberto Moreno, Gerard Piqué, Sergio Ramos

Midfielders: Xabi Alonso, Sergio Busquets, Santi Cazorla, Cesc, Andrés Iniesta, Ander Iturraspe, Koke, Javi Martínez, Juan Mata, Jesús Navas, David Silva, Thiago, Xavi

Forwards: Diego Costa, Fernando Llorente, Álvaro Negredo, Pedro, Fernando Torres, David Villa

Funny that we were talking with Prof in the RM thread about Iturraspe just the other day. Surprised that he got the call only because he hasn't been brought into the senior national team before and Del Bosque usually tries to keep the players that have been in the group previously. Glad to see De Gea. The biggest surprise might Arbeloa not being there but also I'm really surprised that Iñigo Martínez was not in the provisional squad. A lot of calls for Gabi to be called as well but between Alonso, Busquets and Javi Martínez (and Koke too) the position is well covered.

Will be interesting to see which 7 drop. My guess is that only one from Torres, Villa, Llorente, and Negredo will make the final 23.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Tue May 13, 2014 2:05 pm

Jaime wrote:Del Bosque's 30 man pre-World Cup squad:

Defenders: Jordi Alba, Raúl Albiol, César Azpilicueta, Dani Carvajal, Juanfran, Alberto Moreno, Gerard Piqué, Sergio Ramos

Midfielders: Xabi Alonso, Sergio Busquets, Santi Cazorla, Cesc, Andrés Iniesta, Ander Iturraspe, Koke, Javi Martínez, Juan Mata, Jesús Navas, David Silva, Thiago, Xavi

Forwards: Diego Costa, Fernando Llorente, Álvaro Negredo, Pedro, Fernando Torres, David Villa

Funny that we were talking with Prof in the RM thread about Iturraspe just the other day. Surprised that he got the call only because he hasn't been brought into the senior national team before and Del Bosque usually tries to keep the players that have been in the group previously. Glad to see De Gea. The biggest surprise might Arbeloa not being there but also I'm really surprised that Iñigo Martínez was not in the provisional squad. A lot of calls for Gabi to be called as well but between Alonso, Busquets and Javi Martínez (and Koke too) the position is well covered.

Will be interesting to see which 7 drop. My guess is that only one from Torres, Villa, Llorente, and Negredo will make the final 23.
    My pick is Moreno, Cazorla, Iturraspe, Mata plus three from four forwards you mentioned. I think Torres has the best chance to be picked here.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Tue May 13, 2014 2:45 pm

stinger wrote:

My pick is Moreno, Cazorla, Iturraspe, Mata plus three from four forwards you mentioned. I think Torres has the best chance to be picked here.

As far as the forwards go, Llorente probably deserves based on form. A few months ago you would have thought for sure Negredo but he's fallen off the face of the earth it seems. Villa, not really doing much. Torres isn't either. But Del Bosque is quite loyal so you may well be right that it is Torres in the end.

If it were me, I would leave Juanfran, Moreno, Torres, Villa, Thiago, Iturraspe, Cazorla.
    messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Tue May 13, 2014 8:06 pm

It Will be morena,Mata,Carzola,Iturraspe,Torres,Negredo,llorente.

dont need the likes of llorente and negredo because costa gives them the same time of profile, and cesc will play up top so no place for torres.

villa has to go because he is villa.

thiago might get dropped because of his injury.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Tue May 13, 2014 8:51 pm

messiah wrote:It Will be morena,Mata,Carzola,Iturraspe,Torres,Negredo,llorente.

dont need the likes of llorente and negredo because costa gives them the same time of profile, and cesc will play up top so no place for torres.

villa has to go because he is villa.

thiago might get dropped because of his injury he's not that good.

ok
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Wed May 14, 2014 6:50 pm

Thiago is out of the World Cup. Personally I think he's shit scared to go back to Brazil after rejecting them.

Light weight.

Ale
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Thu May 15, 2014 2:43 pm

Jaime wrote:
    stinger wrote:

As far as the forwards go, Llorente probably deserves based on form. A few months ago you would have thought for sure Negredo but he's fallen off the face of the earth it seems. Villa, not really doing much. Torres isn't either. But Del Bosque is quite loyal so you may well be right that it is Torres in the end.

If it were me, I would leave Juanfran, Moreno, Torres, Villa, Thiago, Iturraspe, Cazorla.

Makes sense. But I would rather drop Mata than Cazorla. Llorente can be a decent Costa back up. So Negredo could also be dropped, you don't need 2 back ups.

I have never seen such a wealth of midfield talent in a nation before. People are not even talking about the likes of Valero, Isco, Muniain, Herrera... Valero was brilliant for Fiorentina this season, he has made some of the Serie A "Team of the season" lists that I have seen.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu May 15, 2014 6:51 pm

Those midfielders  Laughing 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content