Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
debaser
Murray
Formerly known as sheva7
Luis
bluenine
mongrel hawk
christmasborocooper
EMP
Fey
blutgraetsche
Kroos
stinger
Kimbo
Fade out
worms rises
TM
Super Progress
The Easter Bunny
S4P
fcb
messiah
Hlebagone
Jaime
King Modric
110%
Romford Pele
Isco Benny
abundance
the real white worm
Viva España
34 posters

La Roja

messiah
    messiah

Number of posts : 3084
    Registration date : 2011-11-03

La Roja - Page 9 Empty Re: La Roja

Post by messiah Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:36 am

i forgot about saul and pardo is good as well. cesc i just will never rate if he is asked to play in a team that put emphasis on proper midfield play, even if it is at AM.

but given that i am 100% sure he will be a stud under jose in the prem. i am sure he will play a big part going forward. but isco has so much more to his game
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:45 am

messiah wrote:i forgot about saul and pardo is good as well. cesc i just will never rate if he is asked to play in a team that put emphasis on proper midfield play, even if it is at AM.

but given that i am 100% sure he will be a stud under jose in the prem. i am sure he will play a big part going forward. but isco has so much more to his game

Cesc has played with for Spain, even if he was more of a square peg in a round whole at Barcelona. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this in the near future:

--------------------De Gea

Carvajal------S. Ramos------Pique------J. Alba

Koke------Busquets-------Iniesta------Isco

-----------------Cesc

---------------Llorente

or

--------------Koke------Busquets

-------------------Iniesta

Pedro-------------Llorente-----------Muniain

messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:01 am

Jaime wrote:
    messiah wrote:i forgot about saul and pardo is good as well. cesc i just will never rate if he is asked to play in a team that put emphasis on proper midfield play, even if it is at AM.

Cesc has played with for Spain, even if he was more of a square peg in a round whole at Barcelona. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this in the near future:

Koke------Busquets-------Iniesta------Isco

-----------------Cesc

---------------Llorente

or

--------------Koke------Busquets

-------------------Iniesta

Pedro-------------Llorente-----------Muniain

cesc has always been more of an impact sub for spain, but if they are moving away from how they have played. he would do well in a system like that.

I like the second system. iniesta wont have the legs for defensive work required going forward to make the first formation work

if jese and delou take off in the next two years they will replace pedro and llorente.

as for muniain as much as i like him, when it comes to potential he is a step or two below jese and delou, i would rather someone who can match than, or a facking runner to help out the defense, instead of muniain to be honest
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:22 pm

La Roja - Page 9 BqcmyRaIUAAqquJ
     Crying or Very sad
    messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:23 pm

the commercial ruined it, but great and sad cover
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:59 am

Spain undone by their own revolution

POSTED BY MICHAEL COX

It has been eight long years since Spain were last eliminated from a major international tournament. A 3-1 defeat to France in World Cup 2006 ensured Spain retained their status as Europe's biggest bottlers, with no hint that they were about to become the world's most successful side, arguably in the game's history.

Amazingly, no fewer than seven players in the starting XI that day -- Iker Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Xavi Hernandez, Xabi Alonso, Cesc Fabregas, David Villa and Fernando Torres -- were in Spain's squad for this World Cup, too. That summarises how Spain were simply too old, too tired. Nevertheless, some of the other names from the 2006 side indicate how far Spain have progressed. Mariano Pernia? Pablo Ibanez?

They'd also been eliminated from Euro 2004 in embarrassing circumstances, against close rivals and hosts Portugal, failing to progress from the group stage.

What were the lesson from those tournaments, won by Italy and Greece? Be defensive, be cautious, be solid. Don't give your opponents an inch of space, don't even bother attempting to dominate the match. Counter-attack if you can, but basically look to force a set piece and maximise those opportunities. It's precisely what Greece did in Euro 2004, and not far from what Italy did at World Cup 2006, albeit with more celebrated players. It was, by and large, boring.

Eight years on, and Spain have revolutionised what constitutes "boring." Boring is now dominating a game, playing the majority of the contest in the opposition half, with multiple technically skilled playmakers exchanging rapid passes and looking for space to play a through ball. This is now "boring." You don't revolutionise what constitutes boring without revolutionising football overall.

Granted, Spain's precise style of passing football has sometimes been frustrating, but it has changed football. Those who claim Spain's passing isn't anything new and is simply an evolution from the Dutch school of football are woefully misguided -- every style of football is influenced, in some way, by what came before it.

But Spain's approach at Euro 2012, for example, was genuinely something new. They effectively played six midfielders in tandem, in two lines of three, with a back four and no forward. Each of those midfielders would consider passing their strong suit. Dutch football is about attacking relentlessly and playing with great width, but Spain played narrow, retaining the ball without attempting penetration.

It was highly successful, it was revolutionary, and it was, at times, spectacular to watch. The height of the criticism came before the Euro 2012 final, when they'd beaten Portugal on penalties having been absurdly cautious with their use of possession.

They responded with a staggeringly dominant performance and two incredible first-half goals in the 4-0 final victory over Italy. The first goal was a brilliant passing triangle between their three "forwards," Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas and David Silva at the end of a long, patient passing move. Then they made it 2-0 with a brilliantly efficient attack that flowed from one end to the other within seconds, and saw left-back Jordi Alba darting onto a Xavi through ball before firing in. The strongest criticism was met with Spain's best performance.

It was always obvious that Spain's run would eventually end, but it seemed likely to be against a physical, defensive and direct counter-attacking side -- someone who preached the precise opposite approach. In fact, they've been overthrown by teams who are influenced by Spain, by teams who press intelligently with technical, hard-working and tactically intelligent players.

That's been the key -- the pressing. Spain had become so accustomed to being allowed the run of midfield, that integrated and persistent displays of pressing threw them completely. The Dutch approach in the astonishing 5-1 win over Spain was highly risky -- they closed down relentlessly in midfield, the three-man Dutch defence man-marked David Silva, Andres Iniesta and Diego Costa, and Spain had opportunities to play through balls. Spain actually had plenty of chances, but were unable to replicate that pressing, so conceded even more.

Chile's approach was extremely similar. They effectively man-marked in midfield, with Arturo Vidal shutting down Sergio Busquets, Marcelo Diaz nullifying David Silva, and Charles Aranguiz forcing Xabi Alonso into the worst game of his career.

This was the answer, then, pressing, and carried out by two managers who subscribe to the same ideology Spain draw upon. Louis van Gaal is a follower of the Dutch school that so influenced Barcelona and therefore Spain in the 1970s (and thereafter), while Jorge Sampaoli draws heavily upon Marcelo Bielsa, the man who Pep Guardiola idolises. Even Australia, who could yet inflict a defeat upon Spain in the final, meaningless group game, are also a side heavily influenced by the Dutch. All three unquestionably play a more direct game than Spain (which is, again, why Spain's passing play was genuinely innovative) but this is a similar, related school of football.

Football today is, by and large, Spanish. Spain's success has shaped the playing philosophies of almost every major European nation. Italy coach Cesare Prandelli unashamedly based his reign around the Spanish method of ball retention. Germany were inspired to press higher up the pitch following their defeat to Spain in 2010. France are now using a holding midfielder, Yohan Cabaye, who cites the Xavi theory that a player in that position should touch the ball 100 times per game. Dutch football was "Spanish" because the reverse was true, while Portuguese football has always been closely aligned with its neighbours anyway.

Even England, notoriously conservative and inward-looking, has drawn upon Spain in playing a more proactive style. The Premier League, meanwhile, will feature a title race between contenders featuring Juan Mata, David Silva, Santi Cazorla and Cesc Fabregas as playmakers, plus a Liverpool side whose manager frequently cites Spain as his greatest influence. This is the blood-and-thunder, 100 mph, ultra-physical Premier League.

Spain have rewritten the rule book -- they've helped persuade everyone that "good football" is "possession football," and "good football" is required to win matches. It's their greatest achievement.

Think back to 2004, a decade ago, when Pep Guardiola was forced into retirement because no club wanted him -- no one wanted a midfielder who was about passing rather than physicality. "The tactics are different now; you have to be a ball-winner, a tackler, like Patrick Vieira or Edgar Davids," he complained. "If you can pass, too, well, that's a bonus. But the emphasis, as far as central midfielders are concerned, is all on defensive work."

Then think about football today, where passing has been repopularised dramatically following years of Spanish success, and try to say tiki-taka is dead with a straight face. This generation of the national side is dead, but Spain's influence will live on for decades.

http://www.espnfc.com/blog/tactics-and-analysis/67/post/1893359/spain-undone-by-their-own-revolution
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:39 pm

I think the last sentence sums it up pretty well, tiki taka per se is not dead but this generation certainly is. I think that Spain's style will evolve between now and the next Euros. It will still be about passing (and although the cules will never admit it, this has always been Spain's style even before Aragones and 2008 although the presence of Xavi took it to a new level) but since there is no one for one replacement for Xavi at this point, the team will have to find a somewhat new identity.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:35 pm

Yeh even under Camacho and Saez they still had top quality ball playing midfielders like Valeron and Mendieta, and before that under Clemente with Guardiola, Luis Enrique, Bakero and Hierro.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:22 pm

Del Bosque gets Spain backing

Secretary general Jorge Perez admits they never envisaged the dismal World Cup campaign they have endured but is adamant the current coach is the best man for the job

http://www.goal.com/en/news/468/internationals/2014/06/20/4898603/del-bosque-gets-spain-backing?ICID=HP_HN_1

So Del Bosque is here to stay. Not sure if that's the right decision, though. Is he the right man to initiate the needed transition?
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:57 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:

Secretary general Jorge Perez admits they never envisaged the dismal World Cup campaign they have endured but is adamant the current coach is the best man for the job

http://www.goal.com/en/news/468/internationals/2014/06/20/4898603/del-bosque-gets-spain-backing?ICID=HP_HN_1

So Del Bosque is here to stay. Not sure if that's the right decision, though. Is he the right man to initiate the needed transition?

The more I think about it, I think it is the right choice. Because if you are going to be bringing in a lot of new, mostly younger players it makes sense to have an established coach, particularly one with Del Bosque's demeanor who is very level headed and isn't going to panic or get flustered if there is a bump in the road early on (which inevitably there will be). Del Bosque is not dogmatic in his tactics, he played with several different variations whilst at Real Madrid everything from 5-3-2, 4-4-2, 5-2-3-1, he even played the false 9 before Pep made it so en vogue. He carried forward the basic premise that Aragones established in 08 because he is not an ego maniac like Jose or Pep that insists on reinventing the wheel just to prove how brilliant he is. And it worked to great success until now. So yes, I think he is the right man. There needs to be some continuity and experience as they initiate a new generation. But I think he is flexible enough to allow the team to evolve now that it will be without many of the key pieces from the last 6 years.

Some time down the road, I'm sure Pep (f*ck cataluña) will get his chance but he is not leaving Bayern any time soon. Rafa Benitez? No thanks. Same for Unai Emery. Ernesto Valverde I like but he's just got Athletic Bilbao into the CL and so he is not leaving any time soon. Roberto Martinez? Again, maybe sometime down the road but he's not going to leave Everton in the near future. Paco Jemez has shown a lot of potential but he's only ever managed Rayo so I think he probably needs a bigger gig before he would be considered for the national team. I mean I guess there is someone like Julen Lopetegui but who was in charge of the U21s for a while but he would not be a particularly inspired choice. Celades is the current U21 manager but he's just been appointed. So this is what I mean when I say there is not really a suitable replacement at this point in time.
    messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:32 am

Jaime wrote:I think the last sentence sums it up pretty well, tiki taka per se is not dead but this generation certainly is. I think that Spain's style will evolve between now and the next Euros. It will still be about passing (and although the cules will never admit it, this has always been Spain's style even before Aragones and 2008 although the presence of Xavi took it to a new level) but since there is no one for one replacement for Xavi at this point, the team will have to find a somewhat new identity.

that's all we are saying, madridista's finally realizing xavi's legendary ways
    messiah
    messiah

Post by messiah Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:17 am

good article, i was saying to my friend, who laugh at me so hard when spain fell out. how spain has changed football for practically every country in the world and thus painted a huge bulls eye on their backs, and teams have spent years trying to figure them out.

the team going out is in ways a testament to their greatness.

also i agree with jaime about del bosque, in the sense that he is not an idealist like pep and will make the changes needed to keep spain going forward, we will see if the changes are successful in time.

i just wish he would show a bit of emotions on the side line though, man that annoys me
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Well, it's nice at least that the players could end with a win, especially those who are at the end of the road with the national team. Nice for guys like Reina and Albiol who always go and almost never play to get a chance.

I'm really interested to see in what direction things go from here. I suppose Del Bosque will be the first decision that is made.
    stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Post by stinger Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:48 am

Jaime wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:

The more I think about it, I think it is the right choice. Because if you are going to be bringing in a lot of new, mostly younger players it makes sense to have an established coach, particularly one with Del Bosque's demeanor who is very level headed and isn't going to panic or get flustered if there is a bump in the road early on (which inevitably there will be). Del Bosque is not dogmatic in his tactics, he played with several different variations whilst at Real Madrid everything from 5-3-2, 4-4-2, 5-2-3-1, he even played the false 9 before Pep made it so en vogue. He carried forward the basic premise that Aragones established in 08 because he is not an ego maniac like Jose or Pep that insists on reinventing the wheel just to prove how brilliant he is. And it worked to great success until now. So yes, I think he is the right man. There needs to be some continuity and experience as they initiate a new generation. But I think he is flexible enough to allow the team to evolve now that it will be without many of the key pieces from the last 6 years.
     Ale 
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Sounds like Del Bosque will continue. Ale
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:36 pm

Del Bosque confirms today that he will stay on as manager of Spain.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:10 pm

Xavi (finally) retires from international football.

Spain midfielder Xavi announces his retirement from international football

• Barcelona player won 133 caps for his country
    • Xavi: ‘I’m grateful for all those years’

Spain midfielder Xavi has announced his retirement from international football.

The Barcelona player, 34, was part of the teams that won successive major tournaments at Euro 2008, the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and Euro 2012.

“I have decided to retire from international football,” Xavi told a press conference on Tuesday. “I’m grateful for all those years. It has been a fantastic time.”

“From now on I’m another fan of the Spain team. I’m grateful to everybody at the Federation (RFEF), it’s been a marvellous time for me to be there for so many years and have so much success. I’m leaving very proud and I wish them all the best.”

Xavi made his international debut in 2000, the same year as he helped Spain win an Olympic silver medal in Australia. Further success came in 2008 when he was named player of the tournament as Spain won the European Championship in Austria and Switzerland - the country’s first international success since 1964.

Two years later Xavi was a key part of the Spain squad that won the World Cup for the first time in their history, and then in 2012 he helped his country retain their Euro crown in Poland and Ukraine.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/05/xavi-retires-international-football-spain-barcelona

End of an era.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Greatest midfielder of this generation, and perhaps one of the best footballers of all time.

nr 6 should get retired from football!
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:08 pm

how will the future spain look like?

they still have very good players, but lack some real class upfront, they have no quality like reus, müller upfront, and costa, i think he is not a very intelligent striker, but he knows where the goal is though

another question is will they change there style of play, this aggressive high pressing up the field killed tika taka and makes them very vulnerable at the back

for the euros i have spain, belgium, france and US as favourites

Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:19 pm

Fey wrote:Greatest midfielder of this generation, and perhaps one of the best footballers of all time.

nr 6 should get retired from football!

he was good, but it also helped that he played for 2 teams (spain, barca) who were tactically way ahead of the rest, and this for many years

barcas pressing high up the pitch made them look like world beaters, today this is standard, back than everyone thought how the hell can they keep this level of pressing over 90 min

anyway he is a bit overrated, changes not the fact that you have to perform, even when you are tactically way ahead
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:23 pm

How is he overrated?

This man carried and was the brain behind the two best teams the world has ever seen.

People who dont rate Xavi, dont rate football.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:45 pm

Xavi's greatest legacy is that he personified the change of priorities of a modern central midfielder, he basically started a new era. When he entered the stage, central midfielders were more like athletic engines and tacklers than refined passers. Xavi changed that. Nowadays, even EPL teams prefer to have a Xavi-type playe in their ranks, rather unthinkable in the heyday of EPL dominance in the noughties.

Or to put it differently: Xavi took a huge dump on "Team Progress", which hasn't fully recovered from digesting it yet. If ever...
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:56 am

blutgraetsche wrote:Xavi (finally) retires from international football.

Spain midfielder Xavi announces his retirement from international football

• Barcelona player won 133 caps for his country
    • Xavi: ‘I’m grateful for all those years’

Spain midfielder Xavi has announced his retirement from international football.

The Barcelona player, 34, was part of the teams that won successive major tournaments at Euro 2008, the 2010 World Cup in South Africa and Euro 2012.

“I have decided to retire from international football,” Xavi told a press conference on Tuesday. “I’m grateful for all those years. It has been a fantastic time.”

“From now on I’m another fan of the Spain team. I’m grateful to everybody at the Federation (RFEF), it’s been a marvellous time for me to be there for so many years and have so much success. I’m leaving very proud and I wish them all the best.”

Xavi made his international debut in 2000, the same year as he helped Spain win an Olympic silver medal in Australia. Further success came in 2008 when he was named player of the tournament as Spain won the European Championship in Austria and Switzerland - the country’s first international success since 1964.

Two years later Xavi was a key part of the Spain squad that won the World Cup for the first time in their history, and then in 2012 he helped his country retain their Euro crown in Poland and Ukraine.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/05/xavi-retires-international-football-spain-barcelona

End of an era.

The era ended 3 games ago, against Holland.

Agree with kroos, great player, but a bit overrated. Works in only one system which was used at club and national level, with the added benefit of familiarity with his team-mates at both levels, who collectively controlled 70%+ possession and therefore the majority of games. He was an important player to that system, but it was the system that won those tournaments.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:54 pm

Xabi Alonso retires from the national team.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:04 pm

Pique, Torres & Mata dropped in new-look Spain squad

La Roja bid to bounce back from World Cup humiliation with a fresh bunch of players, with Vicente del Bosque hoping they can inject some energy into his team

Vicente del Bosque has culled eight of the players who flopped as Spain crashed out of World Cup 2014 at the group stage for his latest squad, including Gerard Pique, Juan Mata and Fernando Torres.

Pique came under fire for his performances in Brazil, Mata has yet to blossom since joining Manchester United while Torres' omission is hardly a surprise as he has looked a shadow of the striker he once was throughout his stay at Chelsea.

David Villa announced his international retirement during the World Cup, with Barcelona veteran Xavi following suit shortly afterwards, while Xabi Alonso confirmed he would also focus on club duties ahead of his move from Real Madrid to Bayern Munich.

Pepe Reina's move to Bayern has not helped his efforts at being kept in the Roja set up and his new Allianz Arena team-mate Javi Martinez is left out due to a serious injury picked up earlier in August.

Among the fresh faces in Del Bosque's squad to face France in a friendly and Macedonia in a European Championship qualifier in early September are Santiago Bernabeu struggler Isco and Camp Nou defender Marc Bartra.

A super season with Atletico Madrid has seen Raul Garcia given a nod to join the selection by the World Cup 2010-winning coach, who has also given the chance of gaining senior international debuts to Espanyol goalkeeper Kiko Casilla and Athletic Bilbao centre-back Mikel San Jose.

Diego Costa's knock which makes him a doubt to play for Chelsea this weekend against Everton has not stopped Del Bosque from picking the converted Spaniard in his 23-man party.

"This is a squad for the present, but designed looking toward the future," Del Bosque told reporters. "This is a special list given recent events.

"It comes after our poor showing at the World Cup and we have to look ahead."

Squad in full:

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Kiko Casilla (Espanyol), David de Gea (Manchester United).

Defenders: Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Raul Albiol (Napoli), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Marc Bartra (Barcelona), Daniel Carvajal (Real Madrid), Juanfran (Atletico Madrid), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Mikel San Jose (Athletic Bilbao).

Midfielders: Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Cesc Fabregas (Chelsea), Raul Garcia (Atletico Madrid), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Ander Iturraspe (Athletic Bilbao), Koke (Atletico Madrid).

Forwards: Santi Cazorla (Arsenal), Diego Costa (Chelsea), Isco (Real Madrid) Paco Alcacer (Valencia), Pedro (Barcelona), David Silva (Manchester City).

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2014/08/29/5068464/pique-torres-mata-dropped-in-new-look-spain-squad?ICID=HP_HN_1
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:45 pm

Sounds like this could be the XI against France.

--------------------Casillas

Carvajal-----S. Ramos------Albiol------J. Alba

-------------------Busquets

---------Koke---------------Cesc

Pedro-------------D. Costa------------Silva

stinger

Post by stinger Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:46 am

On paper it's the most direct Spain NT in recent history, I don't know maybe even since Julio Salinas was a starting "9". It's been a while.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:30 pm

Yeah and I think with Cesc being more of a protagonist in midfield that will actually help Diego Costa. You can see already at Chelsea they have a good understanding and Cesc's ability/willingness to find Costa's runs is much better than Diego Costa standing around watching Iniesta and Xavi play back and forth for an hour. I like that both full backs have a lot of pace as well and I like Pedrito in the XI. I was reading that it may end up looking more like a 4-4-2 with Koke and Silva as right and left "interiores" and Pedro playing off of Diego Costa. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

stinger

Post by stinger Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Jaime wrote:Yeah and I think with Cesc being more of a protagonist in midfield that will actually help Diego Costa. You can see already at Chelsea they have a good understanding and Cesc's ability/willingness to find Costa's runs is much better than Diego Costa standing around watching Iniesta and Xavi play back and forth for an hour. I like that both full backs have a lot of pace as well and I like Pedrito in the XI. I was reading that it may end up looking more like a 4-4-2 with Koke and Silva as right and left "interiores" and Pedro playing off of Diego Costa. Will be interesting to see how it works out.

This also would be interesting, but I just don't think Busquets is a good fit for 4-4-2 when playing alongside someone line Cesc. With Busquets IMO Koke would be a better option to play as CM and Fabregas to play off Costa, with Pedro moving to left wing.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:19 pm

Wow! Some big surprises in the XI: De Gea, Carvajal, Sergio Ramos, San Jose, Azpilicueta, Busquet, Cesc, Koke, Raúl García, Cazorla, Diego Costa

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content