Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+34
RedDevil
BoBo Vieri 32
The Easter Bunny
The Pröfessör
bluenine
Isco Benny
Bashmachkin
S4P
stinger
Xavier
Rosicky
Di Caniooooo!
Kroos
Murray
Super Progress
COTR
The Chosen Glenn
rosenthal
blutgraetsche
Deluded F*ck™
Jaime
shazlx
messiah
TheCrazy58
Pierre Littbarski
christmasborocooper
debaser
Pras_tama
Roger Hunt
Axeslammer
110%
Kimbo
Fey
Luis
38 posters

Todays Transfer Rumours

stinger

Number of posts : 6477
    Registration date : 2008-07-29

Todays Transfer Rumours - Page 32 Empty Re: Todays Transfer Rumours

Post by stinger Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:47 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    stinger wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    stinger wrote:Sunderland appointed Moyes. I would expect him to do rather well for them, maybe they will finally move to mid table with him.

I'm hoping he will be another Martin O'Neill, he was supposed to do well with them as well. On paper he's a step up from Allardyce. Their problem of bring broke still remains though, I doubt he will be able to do much in the transfer market.
    I rate Allardyce more than O'Neill, so for me it's different - he is upgrade comparing to O'Neill, not sure about Allardyce (but probably too).

And Moyes during his Everton years had very good record of getting quality players for small money. Not sure if this will be possible in currrent transfer market climate, but from Sunderland finances department perspective he is probably the best manager they could hope for.

Back then O'Neill was rated higher than Allardyce has ever been, it was his first job after Villa, not to mention the fact he'd actually won things. Sunderland is usually death for managers, some old boys at the FA have helped Sam defy this.
    I am not sure about it, it was already after Allardyce time in Bolton, where he had a great results (from Bolton perspective). O'Neill was heavily backed by Lerner and had results on Moyes level who had much more limited funding.

You are quite ridiculous defending your agenda and trying so hard to avoid giving Big Sam any credit for doing a good job with Sunderland or elsewhere. I get it - he was terrible for Newcastle. But he was decent (West Ham) to good/very good anywhere else in recent years (Bolton, Blackburn, Sunderland). Why is it so hard to give the man some credit? I don't like his football either and would not want him as Poland NT manager, but except for Newcastle he left all the clubs in better shape than they were before his arrival.

And to finish on the bright side - when you will meet Sunderland in Premier League again in 2017/2018 with Benitez against Moyes you have at least 4 points guaranteed, as Rafa owned Moyes in majority of Merseyside derbies.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:32 am

West Ham fans seem to dislike him as much as Newcastle fans. I'll give him the credit he deserves, he has a losing record in the premier league at every club, but he's an acceptable bottom half manager for a club that doesn't care if the football is ugly(so naturally Sunderland fans took to him), like Pulis or Bruce, apart from that i'm not sure what there is to say him. I rate him higher than Pardew and McClaren, is that something? <Ale>

Anyway, I thought it was Moyes I was being critical of by comparing him with O'Neill and suggesting he might be a busted flush. tongue

I think Sunderland are going down no matter what, they are a mess of a club, Moyes has a bitch of a job ahead of him. I think they will have lured him in with promises of transfer funds that won't appear, that happened with Advocaat. They'll be relying on other clubs imploding again, Hull are looking like a good candidate for that, maybe Burnley and Palace as well.
    stinger

Post by stinger Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:01 am

Joe Allen to Stoke for 13m pounds - actually think he is a good signing for them, will replace aging Whelan and should form a very good (for Stoke standards) CM duo with Imbula, who will be asked to play more of box to box role.

Cresswell out for 4 months with knee ligament injury (but not torn ACL), West Ham will have to find a replacement for him.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:48 pm

The f**k is all this Anderson Talisca to Wolves shit about? Some sort of dodgy deal involving Jorge Mendes and a Chinese investment group. Suspect

He seems highly rated, but didn't score many for Benfica. What's going on?!!?! I hope he's shit.
    stinger

Post by stinger Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:17 pm

Kimbo wrote:The f**k is all this Anderson Talisca to Wolves shit about? Some sort of dodgy deal involving Jorge Mendes and a Chinese investment group. Suspect

He seems highly rated, but didn't score many for Benfica. What's going on?!!?! I hope he's shit.
    You need to get used to it. It seems that Mendes brokered deal for Wolves takover and now he will be main agent for them.

Today they announced loaning left winger Helder Costa who looks quite decent, he was on loan last year at AS Monaco and did well there.
    stinger

Post by stinger Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:27 pm

Looks like Diafra Sakho goes for 16m pounds to West Bromwich Albion, should be a decent help for Rondon, even with Pulis-ball limiting them.

Probably it means Berahino will be finally sold, I guess to Tottenham or Stoke.

Rumours about West Ham offering 20m pounds for Andre Ayew, not sure if Swansea is going to accept it.

And rumours for Everton offering 10m pounds for Ashley Williams. Would probably be okay with it, just don't see Swansea letting him go.

Last edited by stinger on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:31 pm

Sunderland wanted Sakho all summer but couldn't come up with the monies, same with M'Vila, he wanted to stay but they can't afford him. Burnley, Hull, and Sunderland are looking like obvious relegation picks.
    stinger

Post by stinger Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:42 pm

I know you really want to see Sunderland go down, but it can be Watford or West Brom or Swansea or even Middlesbrough (sorry Boro) in case new players won't gel quickly enough at Riverside Stadium.

Only Hull City looks like a lock for relegation. Burnley looks very weak, but they also were looking very week two seasons ago and in the end weren't too far away from staying up.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:47 pm

I do think Swansea could be in trouble, they've signed Jonah Fer and look like they could be losing Ashley Williams. Sunderland can't just keep staying up by a point or 2 every season while they crumble financially though.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:10 pm

Looks like we're signing Diame from Hull, hopefully that will push Cack Jogback out of the midfield.
    stinger

Post by stinger Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:34 pm

So after selling Wijnaldum and with probable sale of Sissoko you will have another player who's quality... when it's actually his day, few times per season.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:54 pm

stinger wrote:So after selling Wijnaldum and with probable sale of Sissoko you will have another player who's quality... when it's actually his day, few times per season.

Negative Nellie.

I actually think Benitez could get consistency out of Sissoko, i'm not sure about Wijnaldum as he dropped him, Shelvey too so I wonder what will happen to him this season, I think he likes to play 3 physical midfielders. You have to remember the managers these players have been subjected to. Pardew, Carver, McClaren, Allardyce, Mrs Doubtfire, it's a grim list, no one can be consistent under them.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:35 pm

Kimbo, this is Edison "Orejas" Flores. He'll play for Tina Fey's team soon.

I didn't know he was playing as a #10 for Universitario - for Perú he plays as a left winger. Anyway, the NY-MIAMI connection tells me Solano (former Universitario coach and of course Newcastle legend) is working with Rafa Benítez and will probably tell the Spanish a thing or two about Edison Flores. If you need a #10 he's your guy. Just tell Tina Fey to f**k off and "Orejas" will gladly go play for Newcastle. <Ale>
    stinger

Post by stinger Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:33 pm

Apparently Jonathan Calleri signed with West Ham (player confirmed it, club not yet).

There's always a hype about South American players, but he seems to be actually quite decent.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:17 pm

I suspect the NY-Miami connection has concocted a story based on Solano recently being pictured with Rafa at SJP. Laughing

Apparently we've met the release clause for Ciaran Clark from Villa. Not very interesting. Erm
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:15 pm

Kimbo wrote:I suspect the NY-Miami connection has concocted a story based on Solano recently being pictured with Rafa at SJP. Laughing

Apparently we've met the release clause for Ciaran Clark from Villa. Not very interesting. Erm

Our first match is this Friday against Full Ham. I'll be watching it on beIN Sports. Come on Rafa! straight back up and all the way to Champions League places while Fat Sham struggles against Scotland. Whoop Whoop Whoop
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:09 am

The NY-MIAMI connection has informed me that Edison Flores was stopped at the airport, "Orejas" was on his way to join Feyenoord, but "another club" interfered in him joining Tina Fey's team.

Was that you, Kimbo, did you tell Rafa to get Flores or was that Solano himself? Biggrin <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:15 pm

You never know, we're after a winger.

The two clubs being linked with Sissoko are Real Madrid and Crystal Palace Laughing It would be amazing if the only club that makes a bid for him is Palace, he genuinely thinks he belongs at one of the top clubs.
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:27 pm

Kimbo wrote:Looks like we're signing Diame from Hull, hopefully that will push Cack Jogback out of the midfield.
    Diame is quite good, I couldn't believe we sold him.
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:28 pm

stinger wrote:Apparently Jonathan Calleri signed with West Ham (player confirmed it, club not yet).

There's always a hype about South American players, but he seems to be actually quite decent.
    Waiting on a work permit, supposedly won't know for sure until after the Olympics.
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:13 pm

Davide Santon has flown in to have a medical at West Ham, looks to sign a year-long loan, with a view of a £5 million permanent transfer.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:57 pm

Di Caniooooo! wrote:Davide Santon has flown in to have a medical at West Ham, looks to sign a year-long loan, with a view of a £5 million permanent transfer.

He can't defend.

His career is ridiculous, he was a prospect that didn't live up to expectations so came to Newcastle to revive his career, but was shit, so went back to Italy to revive his career, but was shit, and now he's going to West Ham to revive his career again. He seems like a decent lad but as a player he's a turd that won't flush.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:59 pm

Kimbo wrote:Apparently we've met the release clause for Ciaran Clark from Villa. Not very interesting. Erm

I quite like Clark, sad to see him go rather than Lescott/Richards, but we don't have the luxury of choosing which players other clubs will be interested in, and we do have too many CBs with Elphick, Baker, Okore, Lescott, Richards (if he counts) and Toner coming through to replace Clark as token Irish.

He probably does need a fresh start as he's been at Villa a long time without ever fully claiming first team spot and last season being such a downer in all respects.

--

Elsewhere looks like we splashing big money on McCormack. Need a goalscorer and he is one of the most proven in Championship so I can see the sense of it, even if I'm still adjusting to the idea of a near 30 yr old Scot whose never played top flight costing over £10m Shocked

Hang on to Ayew and we've got a reasonable looking frontline. Gestede was good in this league before. No idea what will happen with Gabby mind, I guess we're trying to shift him, but he's sitting on a very cushy contract
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:27 pm

I don't see him doing much here, I expect Lascelles and Mbemba to be our first choice CB's, and we just signed Hanley. Spending £5m on a 4th choice CB seems a bit much, and he sounds like Villa's answer to Steven Taylor, I would have made Dummett 4th choice and bought a proper LB. It's looking like Janmaat will be staying as well, so maybe Gamez at LB.

Sels/Krul/Darlow/Elliot

Janmaat/Sterry
    Mbemba/Clark
    Lascelles/Hanley
    Gamez/Dummett/Mbabu

Hayden/Tiote
    Anita/Colback
    Diame/Shelvey
    Ritchie/Thauvin
    Sissoko/Aarons/Gouffran

Mitrovic/Gayle/Perez/Riviere/Armstrong

Too many players, and he said today he wants 2 or 3 more. Shocked
    stinger

Post by stinger Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:22 pm

Fernando Llorente should join Swansea City tomorrow and sign for 2 years. Probably he is a little bit past his peak, but didn't play too much during last 3 years and in general I would expect him to do very well.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:30 pm

stinger wrote:Fernando Llorente should join Swansea City tomorrow and sign for 2 years. Probably he is a little bit past his peak, but didn't play too much during last 3 years and in general I would expect him to do very well.

Handsome man Llorente, he'll be a good addition.
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:22 am

West Ham agree fee with Swansea for Ayew

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36992750
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:53 am

Ayew set to sign, and also signing Arthur Masuaka, a LB from Olympiacos. Bacca has returned to talks, after move to Spain fell through.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:56 pm

140m has been spent today on Paul Pogba and John Stones

Paul Pogba and John Stones, neither of whom are any good
    Di Caniooooo!

Post by Di Caniooooo! Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:58 pm