Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Isco Benny
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Luis
Kimbo
christmasborocooper
abundance
shizzle787
bluenine
Super Progress
Jaime
messiah
Antarion
Cristiano
Fey
Puro
Murray
20 posters

CL Semi Finals

Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

CL Semi Finals - Page 2 Empty Re: CL Semi Finals

Post by Kimbo Tue May 05, 2015 9:22 pm

Luis wrote:He wasn't scoring from the opportunity.

Tevez would still do a great job for any team in the PL.

Ofcourse he could have scored from there, he was hardly on the byline. Laughing Luis Townsend.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Tue May 05, 2015 9:23 pm

It was a clear goalscoring opportunity though.. It's not the refs call to decide if he'd be successful with the opportunity. But he was certainly denied it by the foul.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Tue May 05, 2015 9:30 pm

There was much more chance of him not scoring. Red cards should be for when there is a 95% chance of a goal, not a 30% chance.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Tue May 05, 2015 9:33 pm

Ramos is having a mere today.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue May 05, 2015 9:34 pm

I don't think it lists percentages in the rules. And we're talking about one of the best strikers in the world, I'd back him to score in that position.
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Tue May 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Well what does it list in the rules? It's the same as a red for 'deliberate handball' no one has a clue what that means
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue May 05, 2015 9:38 pm

That means purposefully touching the ball with your hand.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Tue May 05, 2015 9:39 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:That means purposefully touching the ball with your hand.

Well if the ball gets fired at you from a short distance and you block your face with your hands is that deliberate? Cahill seems to get away with it for Chelsea quite a bit.

christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue May 05, 2015 9:44 pm

Nah.

The only ambiguous bit, for me, about the goalscoring opportunity rule, is mention of moving towards the goal. Tevez was arguably going away from it but presumably working an angle from which you can shoot shouldn't be help the offender.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue May 05, 2015 9:47 pm

Was Bale subbed and I missed it or is Dixon talking shit?
    abundance
    abundance

Number of posts : 1514
    Supports : FC Inter
    Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance Tue May 05, 2015 9:53 pm

christmasborocooper wrote:Nah.
    or yay...

for what I remember the discriminating factors are augmenting the blocking profile of your body (ie. jumping with arm wide open) and moving hands in the direction of the ball. If you hit it while going to cover your face it's all up to the referee in the end.
    It's a messy rule indeed.

Said that...

Gees how crap is Real these days?
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue May 05, 2015 10:05 pm

Isn't it meant to be an unnatural movement? I don't actually know the handball one. Just being flippant.
    abundance
    abundance

Number of posts : 1514
    Supports : FC Inter
    Registration date : 2007-01-29

Post by abundance Tue May 05, 2015 10:43 pm

Yeah something like that as well... if the movement that enlarge your blocking surface or let your hand going towards the ball can be considered a natural effect of your flow or not... also distance shuold influence the evaluation... and then if the ball get to your hands by first rebounding on a legal part of your body... really it's a discretional mess
    Cristiano
    Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
    Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano Wed May 06, 2015 7:35 am

Fey wrote:Ramos is having a mere today.

Absolutely shocking, not just the passing but positioning was atrocious as well.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Wed May 06, 2015 8:41 am

The only ambiguous bit, for me, about the goalscoring opportunity rule, is mention of moving towards the goal. Tevez was arguably going away from it but presumably working an angle from which you can shoot shouldn't be help the offender.

I think ambiguous is a good thing. Every rule cannot be straight forward, like every foul in the penalty area should not necessarily be a penalty AND a red card. I think the ref did well yesterday giving the penalty but no red card. A red card would have been too harsh. This is why we need refs to use their judgement.

Decent game by Juventus. But its advantage Real with that away goal.

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Wed May 06, 2015 3:02 pm

bluenine wrote:

I think ambiguous is a good thing. Every rule cannot be straight forward, like every foul in the penalty area should not necessarily be a penalty AND a red card. I think the ref did well yesterday giving the penalty but no red card. A red card would have been too harsh. This is why we need refs to use their judgement.

Not so sure about that. I think it's 50-50. Juve are supremely organized and soaked the pressure near the end with relative ease.

I hope Juve go to the Final and go on to win the CL. Yes, they will be insufferable and their hegemony in Italy will be complete, but I prefer to see them triumph for Italy. I have grudging admiration for the way they are run, the strides they have made with revenue, branding, and how well they have cultivated players and a system.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Wed May 06, 2015 3:16 pm

The Sergio Ramos experiment failed miserably yesterday. And unfortunately Modric won't be ready for the second leg either so Ancelotti is going to have to come up with a better solution. At least Benzema will be back so maybe he will revert to 4-3-3 with Kroos-Isco-James in the middle. I don't really know what to say about Bale. He was invisible again. Pepe for me was one of the worst all game long. He did exactly zero marking from the first goal by Morata ( Grr ) to that last wide open header by Llorente. The away goal could well prove to be a deciding factor but we still have to win the game in the Bernabeu and unless the team plays much better than what they showed yesterday it won't matter that we scored a goal in Turin. Bizarre that if James' header had gone in instead of onto the crossbar we would be 2-2 going back to Madrid despite how poor the team played.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Wed May 06, 2015 3:42 pm

The MARCA readers want a straight swap Chicharito for Bale. Chicharito will accept that in a second. Manchester United will accept that right away. But, one has to feel for any player going from Real Madrid to Manchester United - from being at the top to having a feeling that you slipped down a notch. Ain't that right, "Fideo"?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed May 06, 2015 3:49 pm

Puro wrote:The MARCA readers want a straight swap Chicharito for Bale. Chicharito will accept that in a second. Manchester United will accept that right away. But, one has to feel for any player going from Real Madrid to Manchester United - from being at the top to having a feeling that you slipped down a notch. Ain't that right, "Fideo"?  

Not really, Madrid fans come across as spoiled little shits. Man U fans obviously have their issues but Madrid fans make them look humble and grounded.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Wed May 06, 2015 4:00 pm

Well neiter the Lesbian nor the Monkey is good enough for Madrid imo. But I can see Bale work at United. Allthough they are also gonna buy CG.

Carvajal also showed why is gettin replaced next season.
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed May 06, 2015 4:24 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Puro wrote:The MARCA readers want a straight swap Chicharito for Bale. Chicharito will accept that in a second. Manchester United will accept that right away. But, one has to feel for any player going from Real Madrid to Manchester United - from being at the top to having a feeling that you slipped down a notch. Ain't that right, "Fideo"?  

Not really, Madrid fans come across as spoiled little shits. Man U fans obviously have their issues but Madrid fans make them look humble and grounded.

Why do people see Madridistas with great contempt? scratch

When Bale was found out (that great run when he flew past Bartra in the Copa del Rey Final) that marked his end. Everyone now lays off 5 yards just in case Bale turns on the afterburners so that they can stay with him. Yes, Bale scored in the CL Final with that header from under the crossbar, but he was having another mare of a match. It's very difficult to play in La Liga, let alone at one of the best teams there if you have no technique. They are saying "we paid 86 million plus for that?" Shocked Tough times for Bale.

Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed May 06, 2015 4:29 pm

Fey wrote:Well neiter the Lesbian nor the Monkey is good enough for Madrid imo. But I can see Bale work at United. Allthough they are also gonna buy CG.

Carvajal also showed why is gettin replaced next season.

Chicharito can get away with having little technique in La Liga because where he plays, up front, and he's a very good scorer. However, Bale can't camouflage his shortcomings any longer because the defenders are laying off 5 yards so that they don't get burned.
    messiah
    messiah

Number of posts : 3084
    Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah Wed May 06, 2015 4:30 pm

for these two games only a big f up to pep, I want revenge
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed May 06, 2015 4:30 pm

What has Bale done to deserve being booed by his own fans? Most clubs fans don't boo players for not being as good as we want them to be. If that was the case I would be following Jack Colback around 24/7 booing.

Are Man U and Arsenal fans booing Di Maria and Ozil, even though they clearly aren't as good in England as they were in Spain?
    Puro
    Puro

Post by Puro Wed May 06, 2015 4:47 pm

Kimbo wrote:What has Bale done to deserve being booed by his own fans? Most clubs fans don't boo players for not being as good as we want them to be. If that was the case I would be following Jack Colback around 24/7 booing.

Are Man U and Arsenal fans booing Di Maria and Ozil, even though they clearly aren't as good in England as they were in Spain?

All in all, Bale's been pretty much shit for Madrid, and you take into account what they paid for him and one can understand a bit the feelings of their fans. But, it ain't Bales fault, it is the fault of the one who signs players to sell t-shirts first.

Fideo never wanted to leave Madrid, and if he left Madrid the only destination he wanted was Paris. I understand Fideo.

Now, Gonzalo Galván also felt like shit when he left Madrid and hasn't been the same since landing at Arsenal.

However, Alexis Sánchez accepted his fate leaving Barcelona, the same with Fábregas. Barcelona was too big of a club for them and they understood their limitations as footballers. That's why they're happy where they are now.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed May 06, 2015 4:53 pm

I wish we had a shit winger that scores 20 goals a season. Again though, not meeting expectations doesn't warrant booing at most clubs. Man U fans aren't even booing Falcao and look at him.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Wed May 06, 2015 5:17 pm

Madrid fans are awful to their players.. The club in general is. Bizarre to ask why people think that.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Wed May 06, 2015 5:37 pm

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:
    bluenine wrote:

Not so sure about that.  I think it's 50-50.  Juve are supremely organized and soaked the pressure near the end with relative ease.

I hope Juve go to the Final and go on to win the CL.  Yes, they will be insufferable and their hegemony in Italy will be complete, but I prefer to see them triumph for Italy.  I have grudging admiration for the way they are run, the strides they have made with revenue, branding, and how well they have cultivated players and a system.

I would say its a 60-40 in favour of Real due to that away goal. Despite Juve's organisation, you expect Real to score at least one goal at home. Unless Ancelotti takes a conservative route, which I don't think he will, Real will be all over Juve in Madrid, and Juve's defense is quite suspect under great pressure. If Allegri blinks and starts a 3 man defense, then Real will most likely go through. If Allegri is brave and starts their usual line up (will Pogba be fit? They need him now), then they have a chance. Because Juventus will need to score to go through.

I want Juve in the final too (only for coefficients), but I do want them to lose very very very badly in the final - it will be worth losing a few coefficients just to watch that Smile
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed May 06, 2015 6:33 pm

It was funny to see people claiming Bale was as good if not better than Suarez. This season has proved without a doubt that Suarez is superior. Barca must be laughing their tits off at the price they got Suarez for in today's market but then we do have a 'come and bum rape us' sign stuck up at Anfield.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed May 06, 2015 6:42 pm

Why are you still arguing for a player that we know saw your club as a stepping stone?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 pm