Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
christmasborocooper
Isco Benny
Fey
debaser
Di Caniooooo!
Kimbo
Luis
11 posters

Premier League Fixtures 17/18/19 October 2015

Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Premier League Fixtures 17/18/19 October 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League Fixtures 17/18/19 October 2015

Post by Di Caniooooo! Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:12 pm

Watford letting us down.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Premier League Fixtures 17/18/19 October 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League Fixtures 17/18/19 October 2015

Post by Fey Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:23 pm

Lulu, did you put money on your predictions? Some good ones in there.

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:23 pm

Luis wrote:Meh - we'd have beaten them too if we had any sort of attacking quality at our disposal or we didn't leak goals for fun.

Let's see how United do against City next week.

But we didn't, and it weren't like we deserved to win either.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:29 pm

Fey wrote:Lulu, did you put money on your predictions? Some good ones in there.

I don't bet. If I did I'd be a very rich man with all the predictions I've made on here over the years Coffee
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:55 pm

Luis wrote:Meh - we'd have beaten them too if we had any sort of attacking quality at our disposal or we didn't leak goals for fun.

lol!

Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:05 pm

That lil touch from Cazorla for the 2-0...sexy stuff

Also never knew Ake was with watford..doubt he will ever make it.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:09 pm

Such a shame the premiership's most skillful striker couldn't do it today.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:15 am

Isco Benny wrote:Liverpool will obviously whine about missing players. Probably won't hear them mention we were also missing Son, Dier, Mason, Bentelab. Not that it would've necessarily made a great difference, but definitely limited the options to change things up. Created a few decent chances but overall we were far too slow and lacked pace and decisiveness on the transition.

Props to the hashtag ex Ajax legends - Alderwiereld and Vertonghen were Boss as f**k. Kane can't find the the corners this season, all his shots going down the middle. Let us down today.

As for the Klopp revolution - obviously the narrative was all about them, how much the media were desperate to anoint the fucker as the 2nd coming. To be fair, Liverpool pressed and played very well first 20 and last 10. Players reinvigated and trying to impress. The ref was at it too it seems, how Milner stayed on the pitch was laughable. Repeated fouls, the one on Rose second half when already on a yellow epitomised how inept that ref today was. Clearly wanted to join the circle jerk.

Pretty sure it'll be between us and Liverpool for 5th as per. You can see potential in both sides, but ruthlessness is going to be the problem, too much inconsistency finishing chances. Unsurprising two of the youngest sides in the league, race is on to see which will realise first.

Milner got a yellow card by one of your players kicking him ? Not sure why you wanted him to be sent off. He was hardly aggressive, just a few mistimed tackles.

Overall the game was boring as hell. Both teams are terrible with not a single decent midfielder on the pitch.

For Liverpool I don't see the point in signing Origi. Another waste of money by Rodgers. Klopp's only chance of turning this side around before Jan is Sturridge remaining fit. There isn't much else to work with.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:35 pm

Funny how many people were saying Sterling wouldn't be a miss, because of Ibe
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:36 pm

Also the coverage from BT Sport with their Klopp cam was embarrassing
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:40 pm

Bit dodgy that Danny Graham isn't getting more grief for his involvement in that McClean incident. I know McClean obviously wound up the fans.. But Graham tried to start a fight.
    The Chosen Glenn
    The Chosen Glenn

Number of posts : 3795
    Registration date : 2012-03-22

Post by The Chosen Glenn Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:42 pm

Milner deserved a yellow card, but not for the challenge he was booked for. I think refs meet with tv people at half time briefly and he probably would have given Milner some extra rope having learned that the original booking was harsh, he did ride his luck though.

I don't know if Origi usually plays as a lone striker, he hasn't looked comfortable there in any of the games I've seen.

Wasn't particularly impressed with how we played, but having 13 senior players available won't have helped a new manager make an impact, particularly when 4/5 of the injured players would be regular starters if fit. I'm not sure that Spurs missing Son, Dier, Mason and Bentelab is worth comparing to Liverpool missing Henderson, Sturridge, Benteke, Ings, Firmino, Gomez and Lovren, any and/or all of whom would have featured if available.
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:56 pm

Klopp wanted to sign Origi at Dortmund. I see him as a slightly better version of Ngog at this point. Not sure what other options Klopp had though yesterday. It baffles me that there's no youth strikers ready to be given a start - our academy has produced f**k all since Gerrard really.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:08 pm

Poor Martin Kelly
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:57 pm

I think if we score 4 more the win is ours. <Ale>
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:01 pm

Luis wrote:
    Isco Benny wrote:Liverpool will obviously whine about missing players. Probably won't hear them mention we were also missing Son, Dier, Mason, Bentelab. Not that it would've necessarily made a great difference, but definitely limited the options to change things up. Created a few decent chances but overall we were far too slow and lacked pace and decisiveness on the transition.

Props to the hashtag ex Ajax legends - Alderwiereld and Vertonghen were Boss as f**k. Kane can't find the the corners this season, all his shots going down the middle. Let us down today.

As for the Klopp revolution - obviously the narrative was all about them, how much the media were desperate to anoint the fucker as the 2nd coming. To be fair, Liverpool pressed and played very well first 20 and last 10. Players reinvigated and trying to impress. The ref was at it too it seems, how Milner stayed on the pitch was laughable. Repeated fouls, the one on Rose second half when already on a yellow epitomised how inept that ref today was. Clearly wanted to join the circle jerk.

Pretty sure it'll be between us and Liverpool for 5th as per. You can see potential in both sides, but ruthlessness is going to be the problem, too much inconsistency finishing chances. Unsurprising two of the youngest sides in the league, race is on to see which will realise first.

Not sure if this is serious.

Do you realise that Sturridge, Benteke, Ings, Henderson and Firmino is basically our whole point? You can't judge us holistically based on today - it's nonsense. If Milner should have gone then so should Lamela. Don't be daft.

We kept you at bay with our second string out (bar the defence) when you beat City 4-1 a couple of weeks back. That's a good start for Klopp IMO.

Yes it's serious. I understand the de facto navel gazing over Klopp, the injuries and performance leaves little room for any other discussion, but there is an alternative viewpoint beyond that narrative. As illustrated, you've convinced yourself your side was a second string, despite having an entire first string defence playing, as well as your best player by a considerable distance on the field. You had key missing players yes. clearly wasn't a second string though. Just pointing out is so did we if that's going to be the main point of discussion. Not as many sure, but then Liverpool had the luxury of spending well over double the amount of money that Spurs did the last 2 seasons, recruiting more players. Comparatively speaking, the impact by proportion is therefore similar, and Liverpool should be expected to cope.

Not judging off yesterday at all, predicting more generally than that. Because despite the huge fanfare Klopp has received, I don't believe he will necessarily
    be able to make Liverpool a top 4 team in 3/4 of his first season. Yesterday's result little to no bearing on my mind, because whilst there was a lift of sorts to the performance for the first 20 minutes, that's just as likely to be the equivalent of a temporary adrenaline shot to the arm from having a new manager than it is attributing to Klopps tactical influence. Will take longer to refine this team, just my opinion and I could be totally wrong. But seems more sensible than the unbearable media scrutiny and pressure being put on him currently. Pretty certain long term he will be excellent for Liverpool, if given time and once the hulabuloo dies down.

As for the Lamela comment, what utter cobblers, incomparable both the number of and nature of challenges versus Milner. Suffice to say watched the game with neutrals who were even confused as to how Milner appeared to be getting away with disrupting the game so frequently with late challenges before pole axing through Rose without even drawing a foul. Bobbins refereeing, Glenn probably nailed it as in off field conversations Milner undoubtedly deemed a nice unassuming hard working (English) boy, no "intention" meant sir, so gets leeway despite tackling like a slow motion grandad.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:46 pm

Herr Fey won't like this one
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:54 pm

Wijnaldum, Mitrovic, Sissoko, and Perez were great, everyone else was mediocre to shit.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:23 pm

WIJNALDUM #blackmidfieldersuperstar Ale Magic
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:41 pm

It's so odd to see people annoyed that the media love Klopp.

They loved Mourinho and Sir Alex but they were dickheads. Klopp actually seems a decent bloke

Maybe Spurs fans are annoyed that the media don't give a shit about Poch - but then he can just about speak English anyway.

The midfield and attack we fielded yesterday is the same as I'd expect in a Europa League/Carling Cup game when everyone is fit so therefore it's pretty second string.

Eventually, I imagine our team will be:

Mignolet

Clyne
    Skrtel
    Sakho
    Moreno

Lucas
    Can

Firmino/Henderson
    Coutinho
    Sturridge

Benteke

I think Spurs fans are frustrated that we managed to keep an in form side who thumped City a few weeks ago fairly quiet with an average team out.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:09 pm

Wijnaldum...flattrack bully..couldnt hack it earlier this week #traitor
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:15 pm

I wouldn't say it's annoying that they love him. I just the coverage is cringe worthy. The media love Mourinho and Fergie you say.. They do/did.. But I can't remember them doing Mourinho cam.. They love his press conferences, he gives them quotable shit. But I've ever seen sky sports news show footage of a shot then cutting to a manager clapping just to say "that got a clap". The only thing that was somewhat understandably shown was his little Martin O'Neil jump. But they didn't even comment on the fact he looked like O'Neil.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:54 pm

Felt for Ighalo with the slip, nothing he can do about that, but 1 goal from 5 home games is a concern for us.

Key moment for us was Deeney with his shit left foot not getting that 1st half cross through to Ighalo.

Hard to slate the strikers too much when they are feeding off scraps and they at least managed to avoid the title of worst CF on the pitch yesterday Smile

Arsenal very good - Ramsey a bizarre player to highlight on MOTD though, he was poor.

Incredible to see a player score 4 and not be MOTM but Sissoko was the man for Newcastle today - great creativity.

These attacking midfielders who can't create but just lay the ball out wide and the get in the box to score a striker's goal - Lampard, Nolan, Cahill, Fellaini, Fer, Wijnaldum - are massive frauds who can rack up the goals v shit teams or when you're on top but will never be able to make something happen when you really need it.

Post by Guest Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:Felt for Ighalo with the slip, nothing he can do about that, but 1 goal from 5 home games is a concern for us.

Key moment for us was Deeney with his shit left foot not getting that 1st half cross through to Ighalo.

Hard to slate the strikers too much when they are feeding off scraps and they at least managed to avoid the title of worst CF on the pitch yesterday Smile

Arsenal very good - Ramsey a bizarre player to highlight on MOTD though, he was poor.

Incredible to see a player score 4 and not be MOTM but Sissoko was the man for Newcastle today - great creativity.

These attacking midfielders who can't create but just lay the ball out wide and the get in the box to score a striker's goal - Lampard, Nolan, Cahill, Fellaini, Fer, Wijnaldum - are massive frauds who can rack up the goals v shit teams or when you're on top but will never be able to make something happen when you really need it.

Why do you only talk about players nobody knows about? Do you think it makes you look "hipster"?
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:09 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:

So true <Ale>

The EPL has the ability to make such players look good though.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:26 pm

Seeing as we're a shit team i'm more than happy for Wijnaldum to rack up the goals against other shit teams(and Chelsea and Southampton). <Ale>

As for Sissoko, he can be a very good attacker when a team leaves as much space as Norwich did, but his defending was awful today.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:50 pm

That Newcastle goalie Laughing

Traitor c**t scored 4 for us as well it seems, next week he will play hide and seek again most likely.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:56 pm

Fey wrote:That Newcastle goalie Laughing

Traitor c**t scored 4 for us as well it seems, next week he will play hide and seek again most likely.

Oh my god, we found out today that that keeper was given a 5 year contract in January! This is why we're a loser club, we reward failure. Why give a 5 year contract to your shit 3rd choice keeper?
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:06 pm

Manchester City's Yaya Toure reveals his 'disgust' for English media

http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-city/story/2670723/yaya-toure-reveals-his-disgust-for-english-media

Smile

Post by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:22 pm

What he gets overrated by the English media. They say he is world class when he can't prove it in the CL.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:53 am