Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Kimbo
blutgraetsche
christmasborocooper
Football Genius
8 posters

One Possible Future England attack

Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

One Possible Future England attack Empty One Possible Future England attack

Post by Football Genius Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:51 pm

========= Bent =========

======== Rooney ========

Walcott ============= Lennon

A four pronged attack with pace and skill, power in the front two.

The movement of these players could potentially tear apart the very best of defences should they continue to progress and become the players their ability suggests they can become.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

One Possible Future England attack Empty Re: One Possible Future England attack

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:54 pm

Maybe one day...but as it goes. Lennon has no end product, Walcott has no games, Bent has about 10 minutes and Rooney likes getting sent off.

Needs alot of work Razz
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:56 pm

borocooper wrote:Lennon has no end product

Is this some sort of north east coalition you and Kimbo have going because N'zogbia and Downing get no credit? Wink
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:58 pm

Obispo wrote:

Is this some sort of north east coalition you and Kimbo have going because N'zogbia and Downing get no credit? Wink

Just facts Wink

I like Lennon, and he will most likely be a great player, but so far, he's juts pace and a bit of technique.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:01 pm

Naturally its far fetched, but im an optimist ! and 'potentially' we've got some very dangerous attacking players for the future, who have pace technique ability, but i agree end product is a quality especially Lennon must work on !

Still we can hope ! should they all become top players, a style similar to Arsenal's could profit these players ?
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:14 pm

Who is going to score headers in that attack? Where is the physical striker, which one is a clinical finisher?
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:14 pm

Bent
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:14 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Who is going to score headers in that attack? Where is the physical striker, which one is a clinical finisher?

Have you seen much of Darren Bent?

Extremely underrated physically. Great in the air.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:17 pm

Now I know why I thought it to be weird to see Bent behind Rooney, just to realise now that he actually is in front of him - it's just the other way around like I'm used to it. Doh Laughing Doh

Sorry guys, forget about that posting.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:19 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:Now I know why I thought it to be weird to see Bent behind Rooney, just to realise now that he actually is in front of him - it's just the other way around like I'm used to it. Laughing

Sorry guys, forget about that posting.

I thought the same when I first saw it Razz
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:21 pm

borocooper wrote:
    Obispo wrote:

Just facts Wink

I like Lennon, and he will most likely be a great player, but so far, he's juts pace and a bit of technique.

I think it's just that Lennon has a long loooooong way to go at the moment(MUCH further than the ZoG or Downing, but that's irrelevant), pace isn't enough... just look at Rommedahl. I see people wanting Lennon to be a starter for England NOW affraid , i would say 2-3 years minimum until he's ready to start. <Ale>
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:25 pm

You can't honestly compare him to Rommedahl though. Lennon beats people on the inside and outside and not just through sheer pace. Out of the 2, N'Zogbia may be the more prolific in terms of goals and assists, but he's the one that is more of the "Rommedahl". he only has one speed - break neck.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:28 pm

We must also remember this post is a possible 'future' attack, not a current one.

As i think we all know the floors in some of their current game, its all hypothetical, but it is at least a realistic idea.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:28 pm

Obispo wrote:You can't honestly compare him to Rommedahl though. Lennon beats people on the inside and outside and not just through sheer pace. Out of the 2, N'Zogbia may be the more prolific in terms of goals and assists, but he's the one that is more of the "Rommedahl". he only has one speed - break neck.

But that's not true. When Lennon has the ball the ONLY thing he can do to create something is run at the defence, the ZoG COULD run at the defence, he could shoot, he could cross, pass etc... he has far more dimensions to his game than both Lennon and Rommedahl. ok
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:32 pm

Unfortunately the Zog is not English Smile

So talking about his abilities is not really that relevant ! unless he unearths a English relative
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:32 pm

Yes, but we have Downing anyway, who is still only 22 and already playing well Very Happy
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:33 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Obispo wrote:You can't honestly compare him to Rommedahl though. Lennon beats people on the inside and outside and not just through sheer pace. Out of the 2, N'Zogbia may be the more prolific in terms of goals and assists, but he's the one that is more of the "Rommedahl". he only has one speed - break neck.

But that's not true. When Lennon has the ball the ONLY thing he can do to create something is run at the defence, the ZoG COULD run at the defence, he could shoot, he could cross, pass etc... he has far more dimensions to his game than both Lennon and Rommedahl. ok

To be completely honest, I can't count how many times I've seen the Zog put his cross into row Z. Neither have the greatest delivery - but neither did Giggs. It's not the be all and end all if you're creating havoc, let's be honest. And Lennon does create havoc amongst defences.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:34 pm

Obispo wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

To be completely honest, I can't count how many times I've seen the Zog put his cross into row Z. Neither have the greatest delivery - but neither did Giggs. It's not the be all and end all if you're creating havoc, let's be honest. And Lennon does create havoc amongst defences.

Hasnt in his last 2 games Razz

Downing has.

Very Happy
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:36 pm

Like Henry, having that sheer pace causes problems alone, but to utilise that pace correctly is what makes a truely international class player from a simply top player.

Remember Lennon's age, so very young, as mentioned before Giggs was accused for not having an end product, just ask the Utd fans now if they wished they hadn't perservered with him
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:37 pm

Obispo wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

I think you're alone there. The boy's good, VERY good. Many fans, including myself, think he's our BEST outfield player, Duff and Owen included. ok
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:39 pm

Football Genius wrote:Like Henry, having that sheer pace causes problems alone, but to utilise that pace correctly is what makes a truely international class player from a simply top player.

Remember Lennon's age, so very young, as mentioned before Giggs was accused for not having an end product, just ask the Utd fans now if they wished they hadn't perservered with him

I'm not saying Lennon won't become a top player, i'm sure he will(well, 50:50).
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:40 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Obispo wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

I think you're alone there. The boy's good, VERY good. Many fans, including myself, think he's our BEST outfield player, Duff and Owen included. ok

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, he obviously is. I just don't get you criticising Lennon's crossing when whenever I've seen N'Zogbia he's been just as bad.

Downing's got them both beat in that respect. Admittedly, I was wrong about him Ale
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:41 pm

Whats even better though

Lennon, the Zog and Downing are all playing in the premiership, the futures bright for the Premiership !
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:42 pm

Obispo wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    Obispo wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, he obviously is. I just don't get you criticising Lennon's crossing when whenever I've seen N'Zogbia he's been just as bad.

Downing's got them both beat in that respect. Admittedly, I was wrong about him Ale

This makes me right then?
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:42 pm

Northern's are never right, son. Just the rest of us are wrong occasionally.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:43 pm

@ Boro Wink
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:44 pm

I just thought I'd get it clarified that I was indeed right and that only the northerners watch all football games.
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:30 am

Lennon will give any defender problems, a good defender will keep downing very very quiet.
    Is an interesting attack
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:32 am

Downing has already given good defenders problems Wink

You wouldnt know that LRD, you'd have to watch us play.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:40 am

I wish we could produce a player like Deco (a disclipined playmaker), I'd then play the Barca way and use Rooney from the left side tucking in. Walcott or Lennon on the right could give us enough width.

However I can't think of anyone who has those capabilities (Carrick maybe able to do it eventually if he's used there for Man United, unlikely though).

---------------------- Bent/Ashton
    --- Rooney -------------------------- Walcott/Lennon
    ------------------------ ???????

For two reasons. Rooney is great at cutting in from the left side and will offer more link up play than Downing and more of a goal threat than J Cole. However although he's good in the hole he's also not very disclipined (not yet anyway).

Obviously in front of two central midfielders (Hargreaves, Reo-Coker, Gerrard, Carrick etc).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:11 am