Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Ref Clive Tomas admits I robbed Holland of 1976 EC final

SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Ref Clive Tomas admits I robbed Holland of 1976 EC final Empty Ref Clive Tomas admits I robbed Holland of 1976 EC final

Post by SuperMario Sat May 17, 2008 12:22 pm

English ref Clive Thomas admits in an interview he robbed Holland of the 1976 EC final (and probably the title). After a bad foul on Cruyff he allowed the Czechoslovaks to play on & they scored. Van Hanegem therefater refused to kick off & was sent off....

source (including clip):

http://www.sportwereld.nl/voetbal/2297652/Mijn_fout_heeft_Holland_titel_gekost.html
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Ref Clive Tomas admits I robbed Holland of 1976 EC final Empty Re: Ref Clive Tomas admits I robbed Holland of 1976 EC final

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat May 17, 2008 12:25 pm

At the end of the day we should have won every tourney since 1972 if everything went the way we wanted!
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Ref Clive Tomas admits I robbed Holland of 1976 EC final Empty Re: Ref Clive Tomas admits I robbed Holland of 1976 EC final

Post by SuperMario Sat May 17, 2008 12:41 pm

off topic:

in case you haven't seen it yet, AD also have an article on your man Janmaat:

http://www.sportwereld.nl/voetbal/jupilerleague/2297803/Eindelijk_weer_een_lefgozer.html
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sat May 17, 2008 3:16 pm

Didnt seem like a clear foul to me. I wouldnt say he robbed Holland of anything. if they had been good enough they would have gone through simpel as, sorry.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat May 17, 2008 5:11 pm

Super Madrid wrote:Didnt seem like a clear foul to me. I wouldnt say he robbed Holland of anything. if they had been good enough they would have gone through simpel as, sorry.

Come on Super know the Dutch ask our German friends about it....

When we lose we were always the better side and we can always blame someone else.... Argentina Junta, Bild Zeitung, the War, the Referee, bad substitute from the coach, dirty Portuguese..., penalties... etc. etc. Wink

@Leo

Great article about the best right back of Holland. He must stay another year at Den Haag!
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Sat May 17, 2008 5:15 pm

RicardoJol wrote:
    Super Madrid wrote:Didnt seem like a clear foul to me. I wouldnt say he robbed Holland of anything. if they had been good enough they would have gone through simpel as, sorry.

When we lose we were always the better side and we can always blame someone else.... Argentina Junta, Bild Zeitung, the War, the Referee, bad substitute from the coach, dirty Portuguese..., penalties... etc. etc. Wink

@Leo

Great article about the best right back of Holland. He must stay another year at Den Haag!
    That might have been so and i admire sides that try to apply a ball keeping tactic always but it loses value if you arent able to win anything using this. in the end people will remember that Holland had a great side but they werent winners. what else can conclude from 2 WC finals loses.
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Sun May 18, 2008 12:51 am

Super Madrid wrote:
    RicardoJol wrote:

@Leo

That might have been so and i admire sides that try to apply a ball keeping tactic always but it loses value if you arent able to win anything using this. in the end people will remember that Holland had a great side but they werent winners. what else can conclude from 2 WC finals loses.

that with footballing gods such as this, perhaps it's time to give football atheism a try Wink
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Sun May 18, 2008 10:24 pm

Super Madrid wrote:
    RicardoJol wrote:

@Leo

Buying the ref / UEFA / FIFA works better than having talent Ale

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:51 am