Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+32
ERIK LAMELA
COTR
Antarion
Romford Pele
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
King Modric
stinger
Pras_tama
bluenine
Kroos
Fey
Rosicky
Xavier
TITO
blutgraetsche
110%
Deluded F*ck™
Isco Benny
S4P
The Easter Bunny
worms.
fcb
Allez les rouges
messiah
Fade out
Calidad
Hlebagone
EMP
TM
Cristiano
Jaime
Super Progress
36 posters

Real Madrid C.F. 2011/12 - Campeones de España!

Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Real Madrid C.F. 2011/12 - Campeones de España! - Page 3 Empty Re: Real Madrid C.F. 2011/12 - Campeones de España!

Post by Jaime Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:10 am

To be fair the Teresa Rivero (or whatever they call it these days) only holds like 1000 people so for 300 RM supporters to get tickets, it's not bad!
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Real Madrid C.F. 2011/12 - Campeones de España! - Page 3 Empty Re: Real Madrid C.F. 2011/12 - Campeones de España!

Post by Super Progress Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:06 pm

Silva slams Real Madrid over rumours

Manchester City star David Silva has hit out at Spanish giants Real Madrid, claiming that they smeared his name because they could not persuade him to come to the Bernabeu.

Silva, 26, joined City for £27 million 18 months ago after advanced talks with Madrid fell through. After the deal, reports in the Spanish media put the blame on Silva's ''problematic'' lifestyle, but the midfielder has hit back at the accusations.

"If Real Madrid didn't want to sign me I don't know why these rumours came out, with accusations being thrown around," he said. "My conscience is clear and I have always been professional.

"That whole affair didn't anger me but it puzzled me greatly. There was an interest but then Real tried to cover it up with that. But I am calm and very happy to have taken the decision I did. Neither Barcelona nor Real made any move. It was City who made a move for me and that is why I am here. I went where I was wanted."

After selling David Villa to Barcelona, Valencia president Manuel Llorente revealed that his cash-strapped club would have got the best price possible for Silva, but that the deal with Real went south as soon as Jose Mourinho arrived.

"Real Madrid were willing to sign Silva but with the change of coach, everything stopped. It was then that Manchester City came in and we reached a deal," Llorente said. "We had several discussions with Madrid for the transfer of Silva and they wanted him. But one day they called us and told us their priorities had changed."

Silva has gone on to become one of the best players in the Premier League and is favourite to land the Player of the Year award at the end of the season. Indeed, the Spanish international is certain that he made the right decision and says he is not thinking of a return to La Liga.

"I was happy at Valencia but because of circumstances I had to leave," he said. "City put their faith in me more strongly than anyone else and I made the right decision. Mancini has given me total confidence and that's very important for a player, while I am very happy that my team-mates are adapting to my game.

"I am very happy in England, I have two years left on my contract and I want to see it out. Right now I don't want to return home, I'm enjoying myself and the people have treated me marvellously - and I hope to enjoy it much more. You enjoy football to the maximum here."
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1028667/david-silva-slams-real-madrid-over-rumours?cc=5739

We may have gotten this wrong. Whistle
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:31 pm

How?
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:53 pm

"Mancini has given me total confidence and that's very important for a player, while I am very happy that my team-mates are adapting to my game."

This.

Mancini has made all the big name signings play well! No Carrolls/Torres at City.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:39 pm

Sid Lowe's take on Jose's excursion to London...

José Mourinho's London visit shows a manager in control of his destiny

José Mourinho did not want to hide when he visited London this week. Quite the contrary, he wanted the capital's Premier League clubs - and Real Madrid - to take notice.

Real Madrid C.F. 2011/12 - Campeones de España! - Page 3 Jose-Mourinho-007

It is a good job that José Mourinho travelled to London incognito. Imagine if he had actually wanted people to know that he was there.

Pictures have appeared all over the media both in Spain and in England – some of them from fans who encountered the Real Madrid coach on his travels, some of them from press photographers. The snappers were not exactly hiding in the bushes and Mourinho was not exactly sneaking about in a false moustache, cap pulled down over his face. As the caption in the Spanish newspaper AS put it: "He didn't hide."

No, AS, he didn't. And certainly not from you. Or indeed from others. The front-page headline in the Mirror read: "The Special One secretly visits Britain." Secretly?

Perhaps he did not hide because he had nothing to hide. After all, rich man travels to London, goes to Harrods and buys a huge bag of doughnuts would not normally be much of a story. Especially not on his day off; Mourinho lived in London before and still has friends there. It is even tempting to conclude that everyone has gone a little crazy over something that really does not matter. But with Mourinho, things are rarely normal. And least of all now. His arena has always been the public arena.

Besides, we are told it was not only doughnuts he was buying, it was a house. A house to live in next season. A house in London. London: home of Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea.

The story is not only significant for what it reveals – and it does reveal something important – but for who reveals it. The question is why. Not long ago, stories were broken suggesting that Mourinho wanted to leave Real Madrid and return to the Premier League next season. It came out because Mourinho's camp wanted it to come out: it was cheaper and more effective than taking out adverts saying: SPECIAL ONE, 49, GSOH, WLTM BIG CLUB IN ENGLAND, changing his Facebook status to "single", or posting a CV online. But that was essentially what it was. Quite a catch and catchable. Britain's clubs had been alerted. So too had Madrid.

This feels similar, albeit things have moved on. The simplest and most logical interpretation of all: Mourinho is buying a house because he is going back. Perhaps he has been caught out, but it seems unlikely. At the very least, it does Mourinho no harm to have been seen in London – not least because he can so easily brush it off. Who says I was buying a house? And why shouldn't I? He has revealed nothing; others have done it for him. The pressure on Madrid is maintained, his seriousness about returning to London reinforced. So long as they do not call his bluff before he has an alternative sorted out, he remains in control.

That is unlikely to be a problem. For a start, they will not. For another thing, he will have alternatives. Mourinho's options are multiple. Given his extraordinary record, there will be plenty trying to seduce him every bit as much as he allows himself to be seduced. In so far as any coach can guarantee success, Mourinho can; few fans would say no. Fewer owners too. Even beyond the club he chooses, there will be plenty who relish his return. Life won't be dull, that's for sure.

Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea may well all be looking for a new coach in the summer and there have been discreet inquiries. The time is not right for Manchester United; if we are to read much into the house hunting – and the risk of over-analysis always lingers – then Manchester City also appear to have been out. Liverpool too? It is hard to see him fitting at Arsenal. His relationship with Roman Abramovich has been largely mended – and those closest to him have taken great glee in attacking Villas-Boas, partly out of hatred but perhaps also out of strategy. Daniel Levy will need to replace Harry Redknapp if he gets the England job. Whoever turns to Mourinho must find €20m (£16.8m) to release him from a contract that has two years left to run.

That Mourinho is considering leaving Madrid is clear, his discomfort has long been apparent. Spain is different: this has not been an experience that he has enjoyed. Although he has been granted greater autonomy than any Madrid coach before he has had to battle to control all areas of the club. There have been conflicts, both within and without. He believes that the media has treated him badly and there has been friction with some players. Spanish footballers are not the same as English ones; the Spanish media is not the same either. And then there's Barcelona.

Mourinho has beaten them only once in 10 games. Yet his team is 10 points clear and on the verge of taking the league title off Barcelona for the first time in four years. So why leave now, just when it's starting to work? The answer is simple: because Mourinho is a collector, because that is what Mourinho always does. Those saying "he'll leave if he doesn't win anything" could not be more wrong; Mourinho leaves when he does win. Besides, look at the evidence: yesterday he was buying a house in London, ready to return to the Premier League.

Either that or he had a hell of a hankering for a doughnut.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/feb/29/jose-mourinho-london-tottenham
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Well we have the anti progressives to thank for this one. Bunch of disloyal C**** Grr

Hopefully Perez has the sense to go for Laudrup or Benitez.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:38 pm

lol! Super on the WUM, great stuff indeed!

Of course Jose has been saying from the first day he touched down in Barajas that his dream was always to go back to England. Jose is the king of disloyal c*nts of course. He does not give a flying f*ck about Real Madrid. He's only here so he can add Spanish titles to his CV.

I hope he stays because god knows I don't want ANOTHER change at the helm. But if he goes this summer I will gladly take the 20m euro (straight into the Javi Martinez fund!) and he can be on his way. Nobody is bigger than the club no matter how special they think they are. TFS! Ale

Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:03 am

Apparently Sahin played 85 minutes for Turkey and well....ok Jose, so now what?
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:23 am

Real Madrid C.F. 2011/12 - Campeones de España! - Page 3 G0103.28dd81ae71103c9cd72682e042a8396b

wave

I hope it's true. Carvalho was really good last season but from the till now it is like night and day difference. He has been really poor when he's played plus the injuries. No way can we renew him for 2 seasons. Especially with Sergio Ramos playing in the middle now we don't really have much use for the geriatric.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:27 am

He'll probably follow Mourinho back to England next season anyways Wink
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:35 pm

TM wrote:He'll probably follow Mourinho back to England next season anyways Wink

We can only hope!!! Laughing

In other news, Coentrao is out for three weeks. Thanks a lot Portugal.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:48 pm

A bit of international week transfer speculation, according to EcoDiario Jose's shopping list for the summer is:

Mario Fernandes (21, Gremio), Kyle Walker (21, Tottenham), Fernando (24, Porto), Nemania Vidic (30, Manchester United), Eden Hazard (21, Lille) and Mario Götze (19, Borussia Dortmund).

Kyle Walker is an interesting one, you guys mentioned in the matchday thread that Arbeloa has suffered a dip in form and we could do with a new right back. However he's only just broken into the Spurs side and besides I don't think Spurs would want to sell one of their promising talents off.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:02 pm

TM wrote:A bit of international week transfer speculation, according to EcoDiario Jose's shopping list for the summer is:

Mario Fernandes (21, Gremio), Kyle Walker (21, Tottenham), Fernando (24, Porto), Nemania Vidic (30, Manchester United), Eden Hazard (21, Lille) and Mario Götze (19, Borussia Dortmund).

Kyle Walker is an interesting one, you guys mentioned in the matchday thread that Arbeloa has suffered a dip in form and we could do with a new right back. However he's only just broken into the Spurs side and besides I don't think Spurs would want to sell one of their promising talents off.
    Walker is not good enough defensively. Just buy Borja Valero and be done with it.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:13 pm

Kyle Walker lol!
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:14 pm

Vidic??? lol!
    Fade out
    Fade out

Post by Fade out Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:21 pm

Good competition for Pepe. To get double figure red cards.
    Cristiano
    Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
    Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:15 pm

Jaime wrote:Vidic??? lol!

Exactly

Never mind Kyle Walker fucking Vidic lol! lol! lol!

On Kyle Walker I agree defensively he is weak(i've noticed his pace bails out his poor positioning on numerous occasions during a match) buts its to be expected at that stage even so i dont think he is of a high enough standard to be playing at the top clubs. Tottenham is just the right place for him.
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Cristiano wrote:

Exactly

On Kyle Walker I agree defensively he is weak(i've noticed his pace bails out his poor positioning on numerous occasions during a match) buts its to be expected at that stage even so i dont think he is of a high enough standard to be playing at the top clubs. Tottenham is just the right place for him.

lol!

Stop humiliating old Bernd.
    worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:27 pm

Kyle Walker for Real Madrid Laughing
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:41 pm

S4P wrote:
    Cristiano wrote:

Exactly

lol!

Stop humiliating old Bernd.

Laughing used to it now. There is a lot of thinly veiled arrogance on these boards, but its expected when so many posters follow the super clubs. I'm sure I've been the same though about shit leagues like the Bundesliga and that one in Holland which no one watches except fey and the odd masochist : will they won't they bite? :
    Kyle walker has a lot of potential. Can be a head down headless chicken at times, but his form at the beginning of the season was superb. people make up their minds quickly and refuse to change them so who cares. He had a crap game against Liverpool live on Telly recently so that's his bed made with the armchair brigade.

He's also English so the equivalent of football herpes Ale
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:59 pm

Why is saying that Tottenham is the right club for him arrogant? Do you really think clubs like Man Utd/Man City/Barcelona/Real Madrid doesn't/should have a higher standard for their players?

With that said I haven't ruled him out and I certainly think he can improve with time considering that he is only 21 and this is really is first full season at top level. Plus he has pace and strength and if he adds those mental abilities then he could become a world beater. However given his athletic advantages he might not develop in areas where he need for the very top level. Also I don't think this has anything to do with him being English and I don't think it is only foreigners on this board going at him.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:06 pm

But do we have a higher standard? Is Kyle Walker really a worse defender than when Marcelo arrived? Is he really a worse defender than Rafu or whatever the f*ck his name is? I think there is a perception that we have a higher standard but we have had so many talentless sh!ts over the last few years I don't think you can really make claims like that anymore. FFS we signed Julian Faubert the same season Spurs signed Modric! Says it all really.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:09 pm

Saying he s not good enough for a top club, thus at his level with Spurs, doesn't sound at all arrogant to you? Doesn't matter anyway, heard far worse. Particularly after Sunday. And continuously from a certain Madrid resident here , last name Out, initials F.O. Ale

He's nowhere near ready to play for Madrid anyway. Mourinho would slaughter him for his attacking instincts and defensive naivety.
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Super Saviour wrote:Why is saying that Tottenham is the right club for him arrogant? Do you really think clubs like Man Utd/Man City/Barcelona/Real Madrid doesn't/should have a higher standard for their players?

It's more a case of "I don't think he is of a high enough standard for a top club. Tottenham is the right club for him". In years gone by this could have been an acceptable view but now Tottenham have finished in the top 4 twice in the last 3 seasons (barring a miraculous decline of course) and have made the last eight of the CL.

Barca, Madrid, Man City may all have a higher standard of players (I don't think Man Utd does anymore to be honest) but to say that Tottenham are not a big club right now is unfair and untrue in my opinion.
    Cristiano
    Cristiano

Number of posts : 2557
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Favourite Player : Zidane, Sergio Ramos, Casillas, Ozil, David Silva, Guti, Hierro, Valeron, Pirlo,
    Registration date : 2007-01-09

Post by Cristiano Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:39 pm

I just think he is good enough YET. Tottenham have done excellently over the last two season but imo thats a lot to do with the decline of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U. Tottenham and City have been on the way up whilst the others decline. One can say that is the nature of football for someone to go up someone must come down. Though for me an improved Arsenal and Chelsea(which is ineviteble imo cant get worse) will see Tottenham back to europa league.

On the likes of Marcelo and Faubert, of course yes there are many exceptions you can't have a whole squad of top players. But there is still a certain level of talent/ability/potential needed to be a stereotypical Barca/Madrid/United/Bayern/Milan etc player in my opinion. Wether this is arrogant or not I wouldnt care less to argue its just an opinion and its not soley based on players who I think should play for RM but for what I consider to be europe's top clubs. Tottenham would require a silly amount of money for him anyway.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:18 pm

Metta World Peace wrote:Saying he s not good enough for a top club, thus at his level with Spurs, doesn't sound at all arrogant to you? Doesn't matter anyway, heard far worse. Particularly after Sunday. And continuously from a certain Madrid resident here , last name Out, initials F.O. Ale

He's nowhere near ready to play for Madrid anyway. Mourinho would slaughter him for his attacking instincts and defensive naivety.
    To be honest I don't know if Frenchie meant top clubs as in competing for titles or he was simply saying that to spite Tottenham fans. I understood it as meaning clubs competing for titles although it can be interpreted to mean simply those competing for Cl places as well.

Anyway this is a nonesense issue.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Nonsense issue??? What's wrong with you, we can have an Arbeloa v Kyle Walker debate now*.

*That that is a reasonable question surely shows how that even if buying Walker wouldn't be particularly smart, it's not entirely laughable.
    worms.

Number of posts : 5010
    Supports : BALENCE, PROGRESS, Us(Liverpool), Us(Barcelona) ,Us(Lazio), Us(Napoli), Us(Athletic Club), Us(Valencia), Us(Zenit St Petersburg), Us(Russia), Us(Uruguay), Us(España)!
    Favourite Player : Goldado,Zlatan,Robben aka The Bald Prince, Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23
    Registration date : 2011-12-07

Post by worms. Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:45 pm

Arbeloa's miles better.
    Hlebagone
    Hlebagone

Number of posts : 6086
    Registration date : 2007-03-17

Post by Hlebagone Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:46 pm

SHOCK.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:45 am

Hlebagone wrote:SHOCK.

Shocked

Laugh

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:51 pm