Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
debaser
bluenine
Luis
Cristiano
stinger
Super Progress
Fey
Jaime
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
BoBo Vieri 32
Antarion
Puro
Murray
17 posters

CL Quarter Finals

Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

CL Quarter Finals - Page 3 Empty Re: CL Quarter Finals

Post by Fey Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:48 pm

Yeah too calculated over 2 matches...silly him. That performance they gave in Calderon for the league was insane.

Also...I hope this game finally silences the Benzema haters.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:24 pm

It wasn't pretty but it got done. Our games with Atletico(last season) are normally very scrappy or one sided(see 4-0 or our wins in the Copa last season) but almost never good games. I like the fact that we didn't cower in these 2 games like we did in the league because Atletico will always been fully concentrated against us. Except for the last 25 mins in the first leg they were surprisingly poor going forward although I can understand Simeone because they have managed to get points against us like this many times.

Didn't expect much from Chicharito but I liked his effort and he helped ensure we avoided several counter attacks because of his work up front and he did provide some energy in attack.

Thought Ancelotti got it just right. No reason to go attacking when we only need one goal since this is what Atletico wants us to do. Nonetheless, I have time seeing us getting to the final without Modric. He is too crucial and Isco's recent decline in form is continuing. Perhaps if we meet Juventus though.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:23 am

Super Progress wrote:It wasn't pretty but it got done. Our games with Atletico(last season) are normally very scrappy or one sided(see 4-0 or our wins in the Copa last season) but almost never good games. I like the fact that we didn't cower in these 2 games like we did in the league because Atletico will always been fully concentrated against us. Except for the last 25 mins in the first leg they were surprisingly poor going forward although I can understand Simeone because they have managed to get points against us like this many times.

Didn't expect much from Chicharito but I liked his effort and he helped ensure we avoided several counter attacks because of his work up front and he did provide some energy in attack.

Thought Ancelotti got it just right. No reason to go attacking when we only need one goal since this is what Atletico wants us to do. Nonetheless, I have time seeing us getting to the final without Modric. He is too crucial and Isco's recent decline in form is continuing. Perhaps if we meet Juventus though.

I thought Isco was much better in the second half. I think he is down psychologically. He'd worked his ass off to break into the team (of course helped by the injury to James) and done very well and then was cast off immediately.

But I agree, I think Ancelotti's approach was perfect because we couldn't afford to concede. It would have been very difficult to score twice on this Atleti even though there were some chances. It is telling though. There is zero trust in Khedira, Illarra and Lucas Silva.

Chicharito ballsed things up more than not but he came through when it matter and fair play to him he worked really hard and hasn't complained all season even though he's been mostly on the bench.

bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti

Post by bluenine Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:00 am

Possibly the best 4 teams in the mainland are in the semis.

But now, Juve may be a bit out of depth. Its hard to see them win over two games against the likes of Bayern or Barca.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:08 pm

Watching the CL has confirmed my opinion that football is at it's weakest point in my lifetime, it's not just the premier league that is suffering badly.
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:34 pm

What's up mes amis! Long time, I know. So much going on.

Anyway, could this be the greatest CL Final Four EVER! Whoop Whoop Whoop

Just take a look at the quality of the final four teams. Shocked

It doesn't get any better than this: Barcelona, Bayern, Juventus, Madrid. The only team I see taking the place of the ones mentioned is a top Milan in there for Juventus. Never the less, we all know Milan are not the Milan of old and thus Juventus is well placed next to the Football Kings.

Nobody understands why Atlético tried to "CHELSEA" their way to the semifinal against Madrid. That shit only happens IF everything works for you and your opponent is having an off day. If Atlético had played the way they play in La Liga, they may have KO Madrid. Simeone is pondering that mistake while eating his churrasco with chimichurri. At any rate, Madrid was the right team to advance.

BARCELONA, BAYERN, JUVENTUS (or a classic MILAN) and REAL MADRID...mes amis! It DOES. NOT. GET. ANY. BETTER. THAN. THAT!!! Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop

TRUE FUCKING STORY! <Ale> <Ale> <Ale>

The best CL Final FOUR EVER!

Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:16 pm

I doubt anyone is gonna have a problem with the quality of the matches. Its just a really predicted outcome.

Before the CL season started I said semis would be Chelsea, Barca, Bayern, Real.

Thats 3/4.

Wonder if UEFA would like another all spanish final though!
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:36 pm

Fey wrote:I doubt anyone is gonna have a problem with the quality of the matches. Its just a really predicted outcome.

Before the CL season started I said semis would be Chelsea, Barca, Bayern, Real.

Thats 3/4.

Wonder if UEFA would like another all spanish final though!

Only one Spanish team left. ok
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:37 pm

I do hope it's RM-Juve because we haven't played them in a very long time and I don't want another clasico because well we always seem to have them and we have played Bayern a number of times recently as well. Plus I'd love to see Pepito trying to eliminate his beloved Mes Que Un Club.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:48 pm

Wasnt it the president of Juve that said a few years ago that when Juve play Madrid all the spectators should come in tuxedo..cause its such a big game.

Not this Juve though.
    messiah
    messiah

Number of posts : 3084
    Registration date : 2011-11-03

Post by messiah Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:48 pm

atletico deserved to lose, thats not how they play football, they were has reactive has a jose team yesterday.

He probably watch chelsea Vs man utd and thought hey this might work.
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:48 pm

indeed

it does not get much juicier than Bayern, Real, Barca and Juve

dream scenario now

would be

Bayern beat Real + Barca beat Juve

Bayern beat Barca in Berlin
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:37 pm

I don't give a f**k about the names of the clubs if the football is shit.
    Fey
    Fey

Post by Fey Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:38 pm

Well from a brand perspective whatever the ties will be, its going to be good. And I think the football will be as well.

What my problem with current football is, are the outrageous benches these clubs have these days. The elite clubs were always better, but the strength in depth needs to change somehow. Well, I can understand it, i would like to receive 5million a year to sit on a bench, but still.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:42 pm

It's nice to see Juve back up there as they were a favourite when I was a kid, when we ALL used to LOVE football Italia, before it got cancelled because not enough people watched it. The others though are bleh, it's like going to Starbucks, Costa Coffee, or Cafe Nero, why do we give a shit?

Post by Guest Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:21 pm

From http://spielverlagerung.com/

"Man-marking at set pieces
    British pundits going crazy at the modern game. A social media uproar. The debate over man-to-man versus zonal fixed on our TVs for the next month. These are all things that would have happened if both of the goals Chelsea conceded were a direct result of zonal marking. They weren’t,however, as it was man-marking that allowed both of PSG’s Brazilian centre-backs to head their side into the quarter-finals.
    For the first PSG goal, the PSG players clustered together, meaning Ivanovic was blocked off when trying to track Luiz as the former Chelsea defender made a near-post run. Ivanovic couldn’t recover and Luiz had a free header to put PSG level in regulation time.
    For the second goal, Terry marked Silva while Cahill marked Luiz. Luiz pulled towards the back post as Motta aimed his corner at Silva. This movement caused Cahill to come in between Terry and Silva, holding hands with his centre-back partner. As heart-warming as this was, it wasn’t effective defending and left Silva completely open to float a beautiful header over a poorly-positioned Courtois. In your face traditionalists."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 am