Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Super Milanista!
ArthurFriedenreich
Machiavel
A & K
chelsea-allstars
TheCrazy58
Tweesus
Sgoater1
theflyingfrenchman
DD
Sheffield gunner
Murray
Napoléon
La Saeta Rubia
bluenine
Hardrada
Deano
Pirlo
22 posters

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07

Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07 Empty CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07

Post by Pirlo Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:03 am

For all team related news and releases, regarding the European Championship Qualifiers and Friendlies, plus debate on squads, tactics, formations and players we feel should/shouldn't be representing our beloved nation.
    L r d

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07 Empty Re: CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07

Post by L r d Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:07 am

What date is the Ukraine away game? I don't fancy a result if it's in winter
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07 Empty Re: CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07

Post by Pirlo Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:09 am

FIXTURES:

august 16, 2006 FIFA/UEFA dates for international
    friendly matches Italy - Croatia -

september 2, 2006 2008 E.C. Qualifications Italy - Lituania -

september 6, 2006 2008 E.C. Qualifications France - Italy -

october 7, 2006 2008 E.C. Qualifications Italy - Ucraina -

october 11, 2006 2008 E.C. Qualifications Georgia - Italy -

november 15 , 2006 FIFA/UEFA dates for international
    friendly matches - -

march 28 , 2007 2008 E.C. Qualifications Italy - Scotland -

june 02 , 2007 2008 E.C. Qualifications Far Oer - Italy -

june 06, 2007 2008 E.C. Qualifications Lituania - Italy -

september 08, 2007 2008 E.C. Qualifications Italy - France -

september 12 , 2007 2008 E.C. Qualifications Ucraina - Italy -

october 13 , 2007 2008 E.C. Qualifications Italy - Georgia -

november 17, 2007 2008 E.C. Qualifications Scotland - Italy -

november 21 , 2007 2008 E.C. Qualifications Italy - Far Oer -
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:13 am

Georgia in October won't be pleasent but we should have far too much quality for them.

I'm glad that there'll be no trips to Ukraine in winter.

Torino are apparently close to signing their hottest young defensive prospect Chygrynskyy - I wonder how he'll adapt. From what I've been told he's very promising and very good in the air.

He can play as a rightback and a centreback - was in the Ukraine 2006 world cup squad as well as making the team of the tournament in the U21 tournament.

Sounds like a very good buy indeed if it comes off. I can't imagine Shaktar would sell cheap though.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:41 pm

a nice finish to it with our 3 last games. its the start thats more challenging
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:58 pm

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:a nice finish to it with our 3 last games. its the start thats more challenging

Deano, are you still eager to go to London for some Italy games at Bar Italia?

Is anybody else interested? It should be a pleasant evening for us.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:59 pm

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:a nice finish to it with our 3 last games. its the start thats more challenging

Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:30 pm

Pirlo wrote:

yeah im still up for that mate.

bobo and bluenine said they would last time aswell.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:29 pm

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:
    Pirlo wrote:

yeah im still up for that mate.

bobo and bluenine said they would last time aswell.

Right, well i will look into it.

I tried the website earlier that gives out news of events but they are currently modifying the site. I will frequently check back though.

http://www.baritaliasoho.co.uk/
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:07 pm

Donadoni opens Azzurri door

New Italy boss Roberto Donadoni has reiterated that all players in even the smallest club can earn their place in his squad.

“It’s important that everyone knows they can have Azzurri ambitions. Palermo are doing great work and their focus on young players has borne fruit.”

The Coach is travelling round the country visiting various Serie A and B sides to discuss his new regime with the footballers and today spoke with Palermo, who beat Lecce 3-0 in a friendly test with goals for Andrea Caracciolo, Fabio Simplicio and Giuseppe Biava.

The Rosanero provided four World Cup winners in Germany with Fabio Grosso, Cristian Zaccardo, Andrea Barzagli and Simone Barone all giving their contribution.

“My presence here is crucial for my work,” he explained. “I am trying to visit as many sides as possible to instil an immediate positive rapport with the clubs and their players.”

Donadoni will make his debut on the Italy bench in the August 16 friendly against Croatia, held in his old stomping ground of Livorno’s Stadio Armando Picchi. The former Amaranto boss will unveil his squad picks on Saturday
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:45 pm

Old and new faces for Donadoni Saturday 12 August, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Massimo Ambrosini and Fabio Liverani are among those returning to the Azzurri squad for Roberto Donadoni’s first match in charge, a friendly against Croatia.

The tactician named his call-ups this afternoon and, as he had warned, the World Cup winners were left at home to ease their pre-season preparations so soon after the end of their summer holidays.

Milan midfielder Ambrosini hadn’t worn the Azzurri jersey since a 1-0 win in Moldova on September 8, 2004. His career tally for his country is of 22 appearances.

Liverani has impressed over the last campaign at Lazio and his move to Fiorentina has coincided with a call-up to the Italy side. Tommaso Rocchi also earned his spot after some fine performances at the Olimpico.

Chievo winger Franco Semioli had two call-ups during Marcello Lippi’s reign and was an alternate for the World Cup party, but his international career effectively begins now.

As expected, Cristiano Lucarelli returns to the fold, having worked with Coach Donadoni during their time at Livorno. The 30-year-old scored one goal in two games under Lippi, but was never recalled after that 2005 summer tour of the US.

Other new faces include Sampdoria men Angelo Palombo, Giulio Falcone and Gennaro Del Vecchio.

Donadoni’s Italy debut will be at his old hunting ground, Livorno’s Stadio Armando Picchi, for a friendly against Croatia on Wednesday evening.

The first official tests will be the Euro 2008 qualifiers with Lithuania at Napoli’s Stadio San Paolo on September 2 and the crunch match in Paris with World Cup Finalists France on September 6.

Italy squad:

Goalkeepers
    Marco Amelia (Livorno), Flavio Roma (Monaco)

Defenders
    Daniele Bonera (Milan), Giorgio Chiellini (Juventus), Giulio Falcone (Sampdoria), Manuel Pasqual (Fiorentina), Christian Terlizzi (Sampdoria), Luciano Zauri (Lazio), Cristian Zenoni (Sampdoria)

Midfielders
    Massimo Ambrosini (Milan), Gennaro Del Vecchio (Sampdoria), Massimo Gobbi (Fiorentina), Fabio Liverani (Fiorentina), Stefano Morrone (Livorno), Angelo Palombo (Sampdoria), Franco Semioli (Chievo)

Forwards
    Andrea Caracciolo (Palermo), David Di Michele (Palermo), Antonio Di Natale (Udinese), Mauro Esposito (Cagliari), Cristiano Lucarelli (Livorno), Tommaso Rocchi (Lazio)

------------------------------------------------------------

Quite a weak squad though, truth be told.
    S4P

Post by S4P Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:49 pm

@ Pirlo

I've been there before (only once) at Bar Italia.

Trust me when I say this (I don't know if you've been there before) but it's a really excellent place. Expensive, but then again, it is Soho, but fantastic nonetheless
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:59 pm

S4P wrote:@ Pirlo

Trust me when I say this (I don't know if you've been there before) but it's a really excellent place. Expensive, but then again, it is Soho, but fantastic nonetheless

Yes, i've been taken there once with family but a long time ago to see the last World Cup (2002). Italy v Mexico.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:00 pm

What are your thoughts on the squad Pirlo?
    S4P

Post by S4P Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:56 pm

Pirlo wrote:

Yes, i've been taken there once with family but a long time ago to see the last World Cup (2002). Italy v Mexico.

I gather you enjoyed it there?

I'd like to go there quite often, but like all the bar's around that area, they're quite expensive, too expensive for me to go to often. Rolling Eyes
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:02 pm

S4P wrote:
    Pirlo wrote:

I gather you enjoyed it there?

I'd like to go there quite often, but like all the bar's around that area, they're quite expensive, too expensive for me to go to often. Rolling Eyes

The atmosphere is good, good food, good drink, but as you say, for me it is quite expensive plus i must pay for travel as well, but it is nice to visit perhaps every so often! I wish i had gone up there for the world cup but it was ticket only and there was no way of getting a table!
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:11 pm

Obispo wrote:What are your thoughts on the squad Pirlo?

Ciao Obi!

It was as expected really in most areas, obviously none of the World Cup winners or players with European competition commitments were going to be called up, Donadoni said this when he was named manager and asked about his first squad.

The omission of Tavano? Bizarre, but maybe there is something going on there Erm

Liverani deserves a call-up for his consistent performances over the recent seasons, i'm sure you are not happy with him though Wink

It is exciting to see many new faces, Semioli - your time is now!

I am looking foward to see Esposito get another chance.

Maybe some more of the U-21 players could have been called up, this would make sense to give them experience against a good technical opponent. There is also a good mixture of elder and experience in Ambrosini, Liverani, Zauri, di Michele, Lucarelli to help the new-comers adapt and make this vital transition.

There is plenty to be excited about, but as i say i would have liked to see some U-21s drafted in for this one occasion like Aquilani, Montolivo, Foggia but Cas will probably be calling them up for our U-21 fixture. Where is Marchionni as well?

And i guess the omission of Fiore means his career maybe over?
    Sad
    Hardrada

Number of posts : 2106
    Supports : Chelsea FC
    Favourite Player : GFZ
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Hardrada Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:21 pm

To be fair, I dont think Fiore will be good enough in 2008, so including now wouldnt be a great idea.

I was wondering about Marchionni also.

Good to see Gobbi & Liverani there - Im not sure about Ambrosini.

Donadel should be in U21s also.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:24 pm

I ask the same questions as you. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Amborsini and Liverani shouldn't be getting called up at their age. I find the omission of Brighi, for example, aswell as Montolivo, ridiculous. If you're going to experiment, atleast give opportunities to players who deserve it.

Fiore, Marchionni, even Gasbarroni perhaps - now would be the perfect time to use them. Why not Foggia?

Not overly pleased with the squad, but I can see why some of them have been called up. I hope he does mirror Eriksson with England however, and just give any old player who's had 2-3 good games an international cap.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:51 pm

3 samp players in the squad Very Happy

and gennaro delvecchio hasnt even hardly played for samp!
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:29 pm

I have mixed feelings on this... happy to see some inclusions - Esposito, Amelia, Roma, Chiellini, Pasqual, Terlizzi.... but also disappointed at some of the ommisions - specially Foggia, Tavano, Fiore, Bovo, Brighi, Miccoli, and Maresca.

Perhaps its too early for the likes of Montolivo and Palladino, so thats ok.

Glad to see Rossi being selected for the U21s - its about time... ditto Andreolli - watch that name, he will be an Italian defender in 3-4 years.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:06 pm

bluenine wrote:I have mixed feelings on this... happy to see some inclusions - Esposito, Amelia, Roma, Chiellini, Pasqual, Terlizzi.... but also disappointed at some of the ommisions - specially Foggia, Tavano, Fiore, Bovo, Brighi, Miccoli, and Maresca.

Glad to see Rossi being selected for the U21s - its about time... ditto Andreolli - watch that name, he will be an Italian defender in 3-4 years.

Rossi missed a SITTER this evening! Grr

Brighi, deserves a chance, ditto Miccoli, Maresca was good last season i am pleased the move to Sevilla has worked for him.

Be assured, there has been PLENTY of criticism and STRONG criticism as well at Donadoni by Italian journalists regarding his squad selection.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:43 am

I can see where the criticism is coming from.... when your stars are not available, Donadoni needed to give a run to a few players who can be squad players in 2008, and a lot of prodigies for the future. What Donadoni has done instead is to focus on potential squad players... not the best way to start for an Italian coach, as he has missed the best chnace to blood some of the prodigies... his team does not seem to have much of a future. I did not expect this from him, I thought that since he is so young he would focus on blooding some young talent.

Anyways, this is his first game, and we need to give him time to find his feet.

Like I said before, Donadoni is a risky appointment - if FIGC had to appoint a new age coach, the best bets would ve been Spaletti or Prandelli.

Pirlo wrote:
    bluenine wrote:I have mixed feelings on this... happy to see some inclusions - Esposito, Amelia, Roma, Chiellini, Pasqual, Terlizzi.... but also disappointed at some of the ommisions - specially Foggia, Tavano, Fiore, Bovo, Brighi, Miccoli, and Maresca.

Rossi missed a SITTER this evening! Grr

Brighi, deserves a chance, ditto Miccoli, Maresca was good last season i am pleased the move to Sevilla has worked for him.

Be assured, there has been PLENTY of criticism and STRONG criticism as well at Donadoni by Italian journalists regarding his squad selection.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:13 pm

I do hope the Livorno ULTRAS do not spoil the game this evening, the atmosphere is going to be really nasty, i'm pleased i'm not going.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:16 pm

I'm actually thinking of going for the Italy-France qualifier... anyone knows how to get tickets???

Pirlo wrote:I do hope the Livorno ULTRAS do not spoil the game this evening, the atmosphere is going to be really nasty, i'm pleased i'm not going.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:26 pm

bluenine wrote:I'm actually thinking of going for the Italy-France qualifier... anyone knows how to get tickets???

Pirlo wrote:I do hope the Livorno ULTRAS do not spoil the game this evening, the atmosphere is going to be really nasty, i'm pleased i'm not going.

Forget it Wink Laughing

The FIGC website is notoriously BAD for information and ordering tickets, i'm not even sure at what stadium this will be played at, probably Olimpico.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:53 pm

Isn't the first one in Paris?

Pirlo wrote:
    bluenine wrote:I'm actually thinking of going for the Italy-France qualifier... anyone knows how to get tickets???

Forget it Wink Laughing

The FIGC website is notoriously BAD for information and ordering tickets, i'm not even sure at what stadium this will be played at, probably Olimpico.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:55 pm

bluenine wrote:Isn't the first one in Paris?

Pirlo wrote:

Forget it Wink Laughing

Yes, but as you put Italy as the first team, i assumed you meant the return match in Italy, my misunderstanding sorry Embarassed
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:13 pm

Donadoni on Rossi alert

Yikes scratch

Italy boss Roberto Donadoni has admitted that Giuseppe Rossi could be a part of his future plans after impressing for the Under-21 side last night.

The Manchester United starlet made his debut for the Azzurrini in the 0-0 draw with Croatia and caught the tactician’s eye.

"Rossi is a very interesting player," said Donadoni who was himself present in the crowd at Grossetto on Tuesday.

"He has quality on a high level. I didn’t expect this and I will obviously follow him with regard to my team.”

The 19-year-old support striker is highly considered at Old Trafford and may play a key role after the departure of Ruud Van Nistelrooy to Real Madrid this season.

United boss Alex Ferguson is a massive fan of the Italo-American, who rejected the chance to appear at the World Cup for the USA, and has snubbed West Brom’s attempts to net him on loan.

Donadoni makes his debut on the Azzurri bench against Croatia this evening at Livorno’s Stadio Armando Picchi.

It will be the last time that the side, undefeated in 25 matches, will wear three stars on their chest following World Cup glory.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:39 am

Totti extends Azzurri career Friday 18 August, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti has reportedly confirmed he will return to the Azzurri squad after agreeing to delay his international retirement.

“I am ready to play for the Azzurri again. Let us meet and talk about it,” he is said to have told new Coach Roberto Donadoni this morning.

The Roma star had said he was “90 per cent sure” he would retire from the Italy side after the 2006 World Cup victory.

However, Donadoni tried to convince him that at the age of 30 he was still able to give a great deal to his country.

“I thought long and hard after the World Cup and I am ready to come back, but first I want to recover completely from the injury I suffered in February.”

His performances in Germany were hampered by a fractured ankle that had kept him out of action for three months.

Totti made his senior Italy debut in the 2-0 win over Switzerland on October 10, 1998 and has until now notched up 10 goals in 58 caps.

He is expected to feature in Donadoni’s first official tests, the Euro 2008 qualifiers against Lithuania on September 2 and France in Paris on September 5.

The Coach made his debut in a 2-0 home defeat to Croatia in Wednesday’s experimental friendly.

It would have been too much to ask for him to go out on a high. Now that he's seen Donadoni is practically prepared to beg (if necessary), he feels wanted again Rolling Eyes

Really could do with moving on from the Totti era and introducing a new style of player, preferably with wingers. Also, Tavano could take Totti's place and we could see what he's really made of.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:09 pm