Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Super Milanista!
ArthurFriedenreich
Machiavel
A & K
chelsea-allstars
TheCrazy58
Tweesus
Sgoater1
theflyingfrenchman
DD
Sheffield gunner
Murray
Napoléon
La Saeta Rubia
bluenine
Hardrada
Deano
Pirlo
22 posters

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07

La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Number of posts : 5244
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07 - Page 2 Empty Re: CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07

Post by La Saeta Rubia Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:41 am

Donadoni was at the Carranza today looking at Cannavaro & Cassano.
    L r d

CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07 - Page 2 Empty Re: CAMPIONI DEL MONDO - ITALIA (LA SQUADRA AZZURRA) 2006/07

Post by L r d Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:45 am

I'm not sure Cannavaro should carry on, as good as he's been. I personally think this was the perfect opportunity for the likes of Cannavaro and Totti to end on the ultimate high. If Cannavaro carries on for a few more years then who knows, it could ultimately prove detrimental to Barzagli's international career. He's 24-25 now - if Cannavaro stays another 2 or even 4 more years, he's going to becoming a first choice player far too late IMHO.
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Number of posts : 5244
    Supports : Real Madrid

Post by La Saeta Rubia Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:48 am

I think Cannavaro should give it another 2 years till after the euro and then see how he is.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:22 pm

I agree... the present IMO is always more immediate priority than the future, specially when it comes to big events... teams like Italy and Brazil need to always give their best shot at the world cups and the euro/copa america.

But yes, it would be a good idea for Donadoni to start giving the likes of Brazagli or even Bovo/Andreoli (who are IMO the most talented youngsters in Italy) some playing time in friendlies and whenever Cannavaro/Nesta are unavailable... it would be really stupid if Donadoni starts using oldies like Materazzi as back ups!!

I hope to see the Nesta-Cannavaro combo in euro2008, with two youngsters as back ups... after that, Cannavaro should retire, and one of the younger defenders should start partnering Nesta... that would be ideal.

La Saeta Rubia wrote:I think Cannavaro should give it another 2 years till after the euro and then see how he is.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:57 am

Surprise surprise...

as I said the day he announced his "retirement", it was just a cheap publicity stunt to take attention away from his mediocre world cup performances.... Totti is so predictable!

Obispo wrote:Totti extends Azzurri career Friday 18 August, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti has reportedly confirmed he will return to the Azzurri squad after agreeing to delay his international retirement.

“I am ready to play for the Azzurri again. Let us meet and talk about it,” he is said to have told new Coach Roberto Donadoni this morning.

The Roma star had said he was “90 per cent sure” he would retire from the Italy side after the 2006 World Cup victory.

However, Donadoni tried to convince him that at the age of 30 he was still able to give a great deal to his country.

“I thought long and hard after the World Cup and I am ready to come back, but first I want to recover completely from the injury I suffered in February.”

His performances in Germany were hampered by a fractured ankle that had kept him out of action for three months.

Totti made his senior Italy debut in the 2-0 win over Switzerland on October 10, 1998 and has until now notched up 10 goals in 58 caps.

He is expected to feature in Donadoni’s first official tests, the Euro 2008 qualifiers against Lithuania on September 2 and France in Paris on September 5.

The Coach made his debut in a 2-0 home defeat to Croatia in Wednesday’s experimental friendly.

It would have been too much to ask for him to go out on a high. Now that he's seen Donadoni is practically prepared to beg (if necessary), he feels wanted again Rolling Eyes

Really could do with moving on from the Totti era and introducing a new style of player, preferably with wingers. Also, Tavano could take Totti's place and we could see what he's really made of.
    Forza It

Post by Forza It Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:08 pm

too harsh on Totti man.

Did you know Totti was the co-leader in assists at the World Cup?
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:52 pm

I was refering to Totti-the-person not Totti-the-player....

As a player, I know what he is capable of... the world cup was a off-form Totti, I have seen him at his best enough times to rate him as one of the greatest players of our generation. As a person, Totti is a spoilt, egoistic idiot who seems to have started believeing his demi-God status in Rome!

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:too harsh on Totti man.

Forza It

Post by Forza It Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:03 pm

bluenine wrote:I was refering to Totti-the-person not Totti-the-player....

As a player, I know what he is capable of... the world cup was a off-form Totti, I have seen him at his best enough times to rate him as one of the greatest players of our generation. As a person, Totti is a spoilt, egoistic idiot who seems to have started believeing his demi-God status in Rome!

well you specifically said "mediocre World Cup performances."

I was just saying that is an interesting statistic to consider.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:01 pm

You misunderstand me... I meant "mediocre" by his standards, at the world cup he was just a shell of the player he usually is... 3 assists and a goal notwithstanding, if Totti was fully fit, he would ve been twice as effective.

Forza Italia!Forza Milan! wrote:

Napoléon
    Napoléon

Number of posts : 1170
    Supports : Les Bleus - Marseille

Post by Napoléon Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:03 pm

I need Italian opinions : how do you feel the game against France next wednesday ?
    Forza It

Post by Forza It Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:44 pm

bluenine wrote:You misunderstand me... I meant "mediocre" by his standards, at the world cup he was just a shell of the player he usually is... 3 assists and a goal notwithstanding, if Totti was fully fit, he would ve been twice as effective.

agreed Very Happy
    Forza It

Post by Forza It Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:46 pm

Napoléon wrote:I need Italian opinions : how do you feel the game against France next wednesday ?

Well the World Champions will take on France next week eh...

hmmm...well I feel like France will be much more up for it. I fear that the Azzurri may be a little complacent.

Cassano will probably start.

Donadoni tried a 4-3-3 today in training.

Gila Inzaghi were supported on the right by Marchionni and Cassano in turn.

It will be a fascinating match.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:14 am

New coach, who has little experience as a coach, trying to rebuild the team... hmmm... Italy start as underdogs.

Its not just trying to manage the transition to younger team, but it is also about Donadoni growing with the team and experience... This Italy project will take at least 1 year to come anywhere close to completion, and before that it would be harsh to judge Donadoni or his team... its a risky experiment which has as many chances of working wonders as it has of a complete and total disaster.

Best of luck, Donadoni, we are behind you. At least for 12 months, after that we may call for your head!

Napoléon wrote:I need Italian opinions : how do you feel the game against France next wednesday ?

Well the World Champions will take on France next week eh...

hmmm...well I feel like France will be much more up for it. I fear that the Azzurri may be a little complacent.

Cassano will probably start.

Donadoni tried a 4-3-3 today in training.

Gila Inzaghi were supported on the right by Marchionni and Cassano in turn.

It will be a fascinating match.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:41 am

According to channel4, Donadoni's expected line up is:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug29r.html

---------------------Buffon
    Zambrotta - Barzagli - Cannavaro - Grosso
    ----------Gattuso -- Pirlo -- De Rossi
    ----Cassano ----- Gilardino ----- Inzaghi

I don't like it too much.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:51 pm

Very adventourous, too risky i feel, we must secure the defence first, then build upon our security. This formation seems to open with very little defensive cover on the flanks.

Still, we must await the results of our first two games and see how the performances go. Let us for now give Donadoni the benefit of the doubt, and our full support.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:23 am

Yeah, must give him some rope...

To be fair, he has already tried out players like Esposito and Marchionni, so he is in the right track.... and a lot of players are unavailable (Toni, Totti, etc), so lets wait and see how this works out for The Don!

Like I have mentioned before, Donadoni has been one of my all time favourites as a player. Actually he is exactly the kind of player that Italy lack at the mo!! I do wish him all the success.

Pirlo wrote:Very adventourous, too risky i feel, we must secure the defence first, then build upon our security. This formation seems to open with very little defensive cover on the flanks.

Still, we must await the results of our first two games and see how the performances go. Let us for now give Donadoni the benefit of the doubt, and our full support.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:55 pm

Any one knows whether Italy's game is being shown live anywhere tomorrow?? I know that Italy-France is live on skysports3 on wednesday, but could not find anything for the game tomorrow
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:16 pm

Del Vecchio and Palombo have been called into the Squad

Post by Guest Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:24 pm

Inzaghi on the left won't work, put Gila over thier
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:47 pm

GOLL!!!!!!!!!!

MONTOLIVO!!!! 1-0
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:31 pm

Good to see Montolivo starting to show his potential at the U21 level... I bet he will get a senior call up before Euro2008... outta Foggia, Montolivo, Palladino, Rossi, Aquilani and Pazzani, I reckon at least 3 will make the Euro2008 azzurri squad!

I suspect for the seniors, Montolivo will be moved deeper and be made a Pirlo understudy.

Pirlo wrote:GOLL!!!!!!!!!!

MONTOLIVO!!!! 1-0
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:55 pm

bluenine wrote:Good to see Montolivo starting to show his potential at the U21 level... I bet he will get a senior call up before Euro2008... outta Foggia, Montolivo, Palladino, Rossi, Aquilani and Pazzani, I reckon at least 3 will make the Euro2008 azzurri squad!

I suspect for the seniors, Montolivo will be moved deeper and be made a Pirlo understudy.

Pirlo wrote:GOLL!!!!!!!!!!

MONTOLIVO!!!! 1-0

Either him or Aquilani.

Fantastic goal from Montolivo, Pazzini only lasted a little while - injury to him, Rossi played the second half but didn't do anything. Pelle looked livlier but missed several chances.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:42 pm

i think perhaps donadoni should take our better players off after about an hour maybe as even our 3rd side should beat lithuania.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:23 pm

27 minutes to go Ale
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:46 pm

FORZA ITALIA!!!!

watching the game on pplive (asiaplate)
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:48 pm

australian commentary Laughing
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:54 pm

what a cunt

no zambrotta,del piero or toni.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:55 pm

which channel is this?? Is it available in London on sky cable??

italian_hammer(DEANO!) wrote:australian commentary Laughing
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:56 pm

@ bluey

its on asiaplate via pp-live mate

lovely picture and english commentary
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:58 pm

lithuania starting well...look very comfortable on the ball and already had a chance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am