Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Coleman offered Real Sociedad job

Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Coleman offered Real Sociedad job Empty Coleman offered Real Sociedad job

Post by Sheffield gunner Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:54 pm

What do people make of this?

SSN are reporting that Chris Coleman is set to take over at Real Sociedad. His agent is on the tv saying that he has been offered the job and is almost certain to accept it in the next few days.

I'm surprised that Sociedad are going for Coleman, I guess Toshack has put his name into the picture at the club.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Coleman offered Real Sociedad job Empty Re: Coleman offered Real Sociedad job

Post by fcb Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:57 pm

Yeah that's exactly what happened. Toshack (who is a legend there) suggested Coleman as coach because he himself couldn't leave Wales, and Toshack's assistant will be the sporting director.

Have to say, it's very surprising. I don't know how Coleman will adapt, esp. being in the 2nd division.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:02 pm

I haven no idea if he speaks any Spanish. He hasn't played or managed outside of the UK, if he can't speak Spanish then that would make life tough for him over there. Even though Sociedad are in the 2nd division it is a good offer for him and if he is successful there it will look good on his cv.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:32 pm

It may be good for Coleman to get some continental experience - he's not THAT BAD a manager, he's young and he also seems an intelligent man so some experience like this might be invaluable
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:04 am

At least he tries to get his side playing good football.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:38 pm

Coleman confirmed as Sociedad manager.
    NCFC
    NCFC

Number of posts : 3485
    Supports : Cádiz C.F y Norwich City F.C

Post by NCFC Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:06 pm

Very interesting stuff. It is going to be a very tough job for Coleman, the fans are of the belief that it will be many, many years before they get back to the primera....if he does it, he will be an instant legend at the club. You only have to look at this season to see how hard it is for promoted clubs to bounce back. Savio has already gone to Levante, many more departures are imminent - it will be a huge task. Not sure on paper right now La Real would be in my top 3 for next season.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:58 am

Apparently Coleman wants to make his ex-Fulham striker Steve Marlet his first signing scratch
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:31 am

Not that bizarre.

In the segunda he'd be quite good I'd imagine

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 11:16 am