Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Dan Johnson/Michael Owen

lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Dan Johnson/Michael Owen Empty Dan Johnson/Michael Owen

Post by lrdsucksgoats Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:13 am

Firstly, who the f@ck is he?

Secondly, why has he made a pathetically arrogant and stupid statement about English football?

We run the Premier League and we are running it very successfully, in a way that is beneficial to the English game. That's our business, not Michele Platini's business.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7114364.stm

This coming just a day after Michael Owen embarrassed himself and his nation by once again stating that none of the Croatians would get into the England side.

I don't think any of the Croatian team would get into our team," Owen reveals in a number of today's red tops. "Doesn't that tell you it's not about ability or technique but in the mind.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/11/26/paperview31.xml

It is precisely this sort of self-serving twaddle that is ruining the national team. It isn't in the mind, it's in the lack of ability to pass and control a football, in the hype surrounding the players making them feel like giving 30% will be enough to beat a good team, in the money floating around that makes them believe they can do what they like. Even under Sven, an experienced and talented manager, we never got beyond the Quarter finals and rarely played exciting, technically impressive football.

I can't believe the FA have the balls to turn around to Platini (who is a little out of line because it isn't his job to pick the new England manager) and say that they are running the national side for the benefit of the English game. That simply isn't true, and for a week people have been tearing strips off them. It smacks of either desperation, or an FA that is completely detached from reality.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Dan Johnson/Michael Owen Empty Re: Dan Johnson/Michael Owen

Post by Roger Hunt Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:36 am

Platini is a C0ck though, I just disagree with everything he says on principle.

He just wants us to have an English manager so we'll continue to be s**t.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:39 am

Roger Hunt wrote:He just wants us to have an English manager so we'll continue to be s**t.
    ok that was my take on it.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:43 am

Sad to say he has good reason to hate the English. Sad
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:23 pm

Roger Hunt wrote:Platini is a C0ck though, I just disagree with everything he says on principle.

I disagree with what he says because it's almost entirely a bucket of Cr@p.

He just wants us to have an English manager so we'll continue to be s**t.

You're probably right. He keeps hinting about introducing a quota too, even though it'd be illlegal and would probably have the opposite effect from the intended one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:12 am