Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Kimbo
SuperMario
DD
DS
Isco Benny
Parks lives
The-Frank-Tavern
11 posters

The EPL Yawn Fest starts here

The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

The EPL Yawn Fest starts here Empty The EPL Yawn Fest starts here

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:33 am

by the end of Jan, Man Ure will be 7 points clear and wont look back. They'll win the title by mid-ish April with Luckyp0-0l finishing about 6-7 points behind at the end, after utd take their foot off the pedal. Arsenal and Chelski will be another 4-5 points further behind. the greatest league in the world my arse.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

The EPL Yawn Fest starts here Empty Re: The EPL Yawn Fest starts here

Post by Parks lives Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:42 am

So it's now fine to predict what may happen and then moan about it even though its not happened?!
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:55 am

The-Frankinsense-Tavern wrote:by the end of Jan, Man Ure will be 7 points clear and wont look back. They'll win the title by mid-ish April with Luckyp0-0l finishing about 6-7 points behind at the end, after utd take their foot off the pedal. Arsenal and Chelski will be another 4-5 points further behind. the greatest league in the world my arse.

Seems odd you should say this on the weekend when we had a 4-4 goal fest at Stamford bridge between title contenders and supposed mid table outfit,

then another title contender, Arsenal, held by a great Portsmouth display,

and Derby verging on beating another title contender, but climaxing in a thrilling last minute goal....

Just because one of the big 4 won with ease, the fact is its hardly been the easy ride for the other big hitters, which is usually the criticism laid at the door of the Premiership.

By the way,

no worse than La Liga where Madrid's win at the Camp Nou suggests they might be well clear by April too...
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:57 am

Don Fabio wrote:
    no worse than La Liga where Madrid's win at the Camp Nou suggests they might be well clear by April too...

It'll be probably be a much closer finish than Seria A as well.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:04 am

And La Liga boasts a great title race where RM are just above Barca with only petty 7 points , the teams had a wonderful El Classico which showcased for the entertaining football being played in the league and Barca very generously letting Real win at their backyard for the good of the league.

Or a closer race is seen in the Serie A , oh wait.

Come to Bundesliga if you want to see a title race , equal on points on the winter break.(bayern bottling it though).
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:07 am

i didn't say the primera liga title race was exciting, as i said in the la liga thread before the farsa madriz match, a rm win and it was all over, but at least we have a real race for ECL spots, the only possibility of one of the "big" 4 not making it is if the arse really really blow up from here
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:10 am

Because we got 4 strong team , City would finish 4th in La Liga or Serie A at this form.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:15 am

The-Frankinsense-Tavern wrote:i didn't say the primera liga title race was exciting, as i said in the la liga thread before the farsa madriz match, a rm win and it was all over, but at least we have a real race for ECL spots, the only possibility of one of the "big" 4 not making it is if the arse really really blow up from here

This weekend did show though that the big 4 are not infallible, which is why I find it odd you bring up this thread at this particular time.

Highly likely the big 4 will remain, and it is a shame; however its really not that different to the fact that Real Madrid and Barca will almost certainly finish 1 and 2 again this season, like most seasons.

Difference is that in England there are 4 powerhouses instead of just 2.

Fight for 3rd in La Liga will be interesting, just like the fight for 5th place will be very interesting in England. Thats as exciting as its going to get to be honest <Ale>
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:27 am

Roger

^^ Should be renamed.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:29 am

Don Fabio wrote:This weekend did show though that the big 4 are not infallible, which is why I find it odd you bring up this thread at this particular time.
    not in fallible yet none of them lost

Chelsea despite not playing well beat a decent-ish Blackburn

Arsenal played poorly versus a resurgent spuds gave away a pen and yet still won

Chelsea were poor v Villa yet didn't lose same for arsenal at pompey

utd played v average versus everton yet still won, cantered to a win yesterday

Liverpool beat a uefa challenging side v easily on the weekend, and still managed to scrape a win yesterday.

Overall, they've all been average in the last 2 matches, yet there's only 2 draws to show for it and 6 wins.

As for Barça finishing 2nd i ain't so sure if they continue to play like they did on sunday.
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:47 am

Don Fabio wrote:
    The-Frankinsense-Tavern wrote:i didn't say the primera liga title race was exciting, as i said in the la liga thread before the farsa madriz match, a rm win and it was all over, but at least we have a real race for ECL spots, the only possibility of one of the "big" 4 not making it is if the arse really really blow up from here

This weekend did show though that the big 4 are not infallible, which is why I find it odd you bring up this thread at this particular time.

Highly likely the big 4 will remain, and it is a shame; however its really not that different to the fact that Real Madrid and Barca will almost certainly finish 1 and 2 again this season, like most seasons.

Fight for 3rd in La Liga will be interesting, just like the fight for 5th place will be very interesting in England. Thats as exciting as its going to get to be honest <Ale>
    As soon as Fergie restes Ronaldo, United will drop points.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:49 am

I think the Mancs are fav to win the EPL; but the title race if far from over yet (they not even odds on fav yet imo).

Let's assume for a moment Man U have a good CL run, say they're reach the final & Arsenal get KO-ed by Milan. Would seriously improve Arsenal's chances.

Anything can happen.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:00 am

DD wrote:
    Don Fabio wrote:

As soon as Fergie restes Ronaldo, United will drop points.

Or Rooney.

Both are crucial to United
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:53 pm

Don Fabio wrote:

Fight for 3rd in La Liga will be interesting, just like the fight for 5th place will be very interesting in England.
    Thats as exciting as its going to get to be honest <Ale>
    But ofcourse there is a difference between fighting for a CL place and fighting for a waffa cup place. I mean do we really care who is playing in the waffa cup next year? I couldn't give a $h!t myself. The financial rewards are minimal and respect for the competition is nosediving.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:01 pm

To be honest, all the big 3 leagues (& the Bundesliga, & maybe Le Championnat), maybe) should be done & dusted by April - in reality, if not mathematically.

As usual, the most exciting title finishes will come from the SuperLiga, & the ErieDivisie.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:03 pm

Honourable C*nt™️ wrote:To be honest, all the big 3 leagues (& the Bundesliga, & maybe Le Championnat), maybe) should be done & dusted by April - in reality, if not mathematically.

As usual, the most exciting title finishes will come from the SuperLiga, & the ErieDivisie.

lol! Porto will finish 15 points ahead of everyone. Unless of couse you mean the Turkish Super Liga.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:11 pm

Black Magic wrote:
    Honourable C*nt™️ wrote:To be honest, all the big 3 leagues (& the Bundesliga, & maybe Le Championnat), maybe) should be done & dusted by April - in reality, if not mathematically.

lol! Porto will finish 15 points ahead of everyone. Unless of couse you mean the Turkish Super Liga.

Yup Smiley

Meant to include the Portuguese league in the brackets.

In reality - there's not one league in Europe thaat doesn't have at least to dominating teams, be it a Scandanavian league (i.e. Rosensenberg, Brondby, HJK Helsinki), an Olympiakos, a Galatasaray, Dynamo Kiev, FC Basle, Rapid Vienna, etc.

No matter where you are in Europe, the predictability is about the same IMO.
    Black Magic

Number of posts : 7514
    Registration date : 2007-10-14

Post by Black Magic Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:13 pm

Honourable C*nt™️ wrote:
    Black Magic wrote:

Yup Smiley

Meant to include the Portuguese league in the brackets.

In reality - there's not one league in Europe thaat doesn't have at least to dominating teams, be it a Scandanavian league (i.e. Rosensenberg, Brondby, HJK Helsinki), an Olympiakos, a Galatasaray, Dynamo Kiev, FC Basle, Rapid Vienna, etc.

No matter where you are in Europe, the predictability is about the same IMO.

Tis the nature of the beast. <Ale>
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:16 pm

Hang on a minute, whilst Chelsea and Arsenal faced very tough sides, the other 2 were 100% expected to cruise their games, yes, Liverpool did not do that and it was almost embarassing in the end but United coasted to victory and of course they were going to, United are 10 times the team Sunderland are, even if you defend and defend, if your team isn't good enough you'll get punished by United.

The good thing about the Premier league is that teams like Villa and Pompey and even Reading can take points off the big teams, if United played Villa or Pompey away this week they too may have dropped points, I think Unied will still drop points over the course of the season as will the other big 3, it's who can capitalise when this happens that will go on to win the title
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:27 pm

Parks lives wrote:Roger

^^ Should be renamed.

I like Frank, but that's funny !
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:42 pm

Frank needs to see a doctor, he sounds depressed. We don't want another Waft on our hands.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:29 pm