Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Tweesus
Green Arrow
Ä
lrdsucksgoats
L r d hAsta LueGo
Glenarch of the Glen
10 posters

UNITEDFANS ARECUNTS RANTS FERGUS

Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

UNITEDFANS ARECUNTS RANTS FERGUS Empty UNITEDFANS ARECUNTS RANTS FERGUS

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:10 am

Fergus Blasts United's "Funeral" Fans

Sir Alex Fergus slammed Manchester United's "funeral" fans after his side laboured to a 1-0 win over Birmingham on New Year's Day
    Fergus Blasts United's "Funeral" Fans

Carlos Tevez' 25th minute goal was enough to earn Manchester United all three points from their New Year's Day game at home to Birmingham City.

Funeral Fans

But speaking after the match, United boss Sir Alex Fergus made it clear he was neither happy with the efforts of his players nor of the club's fans.

Old Trafford was sold out as usual but Fergus criticised the 76,000 crowd for sitting quietly and waiting to be entertained. "The atmosphere was not very good, the fans of this club are all cunts" he told Sky Sports.

Fergus himself was in the stands, serving out his touchline ban, and was clearly not impressed by fans' contributions: "It was like a funeral out there and we needed them to lift us a bit. We needed that today, what a bunch of wankers" he said.

Careless Finishing

Fergus spoke of his frustration that United failed to kill the game off early on, when they dominated Birmingham. Failing to take their chances, the Red Devils were forced to endure a nervy final few minutes as the visitors grew in stature and confidence.

"We were very careless with our finishing; we need to be doing better," said the tipsy Old Trafford boss. "The last 15 minutes was all Birmingham and we could only have blamed ourselves if we had conceded. We could have been embarrassed."

Classy Tevez, Positive Park

Moving on to the positives, Fergus singled out Carlos Tevez' marvellous winner and the return of midfielder Park Ji-Sung to the line-up. "It was a fantastic piece of football for the goal," enthused the drunkard of Tevez' first-half strike. "The vision of Ronaldo to put Tevez in the clear was excellent but after that we were so careless with our finishing and we could have paid the penalty for it.

"I thought Park and (Nemanja) Vidic were our best players today," he continued. "As Park has not raped anyone this season I thought it was a very impressive performance from him."
    L r d hAsta LueGo
    L r d hAsta LueGo

Number of posts : 2388
    Registration date : 2007-10-19

UNITEDFANS ARECUNTS RANTS FERGUS Empty Re: UNITEDFANS ARECUNTS RANTS FERGUS

Post by L r d hAsta LueGo Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:44 am

Well i imagine most people had a bit of a sore head and were not in the mood for making it worse. I know Ferguson and the players were not allowed to be out to the early hours but the fans were, don't ask for miracles Ferguson Biggrin <Ale>
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:01 am

Some fantastically subtle editing of the Fergie quotes there Glenn...
    Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Post by Ä Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:08 am

English stadia these days remind you, or us non-Englanders for that matter, of libraries or funerals

no surprise there

a quick look at this board and you get the impression that an EPL stadium atmosphere has taken over here as well

almost as if most of the regulars on here had made a New Year's resolution to spend less or no time on the EMB in 2008
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:11 am

36-0tto wrote:English stadia these days remind you, or us non-Englanders for that matter, of libraries or funerals

no surprise there

a quick look at this board and you get the impression that an EPL stadium atmosphere has taken over here as well

almost as if most of the regulars on here had made a New Year's resolution to spend less or no time on the EMB in 2008

It couldn't possibly be because they went on holidays over the holiday period, or went to visit friends or relatives they haven't seen in months, or were hungover for the entirety of yesterday and are only just recovering, or are bored to death with your one-trick humourless posts that wouldn't even make it into a nationalistic German tabloid.

Oh no, couldn't possibly be...

On the plus side, I'm reading Der Spiegel's book on 9/11 and it's very good...
    Green Arrow
    Green Arrow

Number of posts : 1028
    Supports : Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Ronaldo (The Red Wiz), Beckham (The Legend), King Cantona, Robson (Captain Marvel)
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Post by Green Arrow Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:29 pm

Anas Al-Liby wrote:Some fantastically subtle editing of the Fergie quotes there Glenn...

Hardly subtle ol' darling - we are talking Glenda here - the ost blatant cross-dressing dany on this side of New Orleans!

Very Happy
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:32 pm

L r d wrote:Well i imagine most people had a bit of a sore head and were not in the mood for making it worse. I know Ferguson and the players were not allowed to be out to the early hours but the fans were, don't ask for miracles Ferguson Biggrin <Ale>

That's what I guessed too. If I'd had to go to a game yesterday I'd have been relatively subdued too.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:34 pm

L r d wrote:Well i imagine most people had a bit of a sore head and were not in the mood for making it worse. I know Ferguson and the players were not allowed to be out to the early hours but the fans were, don't ask for miracles Ferguson Biggrin <Ale>
    Basketball

fergie and keane just tell it how it is lrd. Don't have a go at him for telling the truth

Cheers for the new sig fergie Laughing
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:34 pm

Seems to be angry alot in recent interviews, ever since the Christmas party incident.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:36 pm

you should never have banned terracing.
    Green Arrow
    Green Arrow

Number of posts : 1028
    Favourite Player : Ronaldo (The Red Wiz), Beckham (The Legend), King Cantona, Robson (Captain Marvel)
    Registration date : 2007-04-16

Post by Green Arrow Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:40 pm

COTR wrote:
    Basketball

fergie and keane just tell it how it is lrd. Don't have a go at him for telling the truth

Cotter - i find it amusing that ye calls the best manager in t'world 'a drunk' - not so drink when his team RAPED L'pool last month eh? At least ye mentioned his 'beloved' fans - cos Rafa doesnt give a hoot baout Pool fans, and who can blame him...all a bunch of ignorant smelly scousers - at least Redbloods are classy International fans! Cool
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:42 pm

Parks lives wrote:Seems to be angry alot in recent interviews, ever since the Christmas party incident.

Well thats not surprising.

If our boss organised a christmas party and we got as slaughtered and raucous as the UTd players did, I doubt our manager would be too happy for the next few weeks either.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:43 pm

Green Arrow wrote:
    COTR wrote:
    Basketball

Cotter - i find it amusing that ye calls the best manager in t'world 'a drunk' - not so drink when his team RAPED L'pool last month eh? At least ye mentioned his 'beloved' fans - cos Rafa doesnt give a hoot baout Pool fans, and who can blame him...all a bunch of ignorant smelly scousers - at least Redbloods are classy International fans! Cool
    Laughing

you are a good man nutty. I bet the drunk wishes he could call on a few more of your type inside the funeral home but it clearly just isn't to be
    Nightwing
    Nightwing

Number of posts : 4563
    Favourite Player : The Red Wiz (C.Ronaldo)
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Nightwing Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:46 pm

COTR wrote:
    Green Arrow wrote:
    COTR wrote:
    Basketball

Laughing

you are a good man nutty. I bet the drunk wishes he could call on a few more of your type inside the funeral home but it clearly just isn't to be

Well thank ee sir...o'course chaps like me are unfortuantely stcuk in London - if only Wembley could be renamed OT2 - all will solved.

Indeed when i was at OT last season - i am sure SAF could hear the chap on the East Stand shouting 'Magic Maaaaan!!!!' every time TRW touched t'ball!
    Cos thats t'kind of chap i am...! Uraaaah Cool !!!
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:53 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:Seems to be angry alot in recent interviews, ever since the Christmas party incident.

Well thats not surprising.

If our boss organised a christmas party and we got as slaughtered and raucous as the UTd players did, I doubt our manager would be too happy for the next few weeks either.

No. Don't blame him at all. Although they could all be innocent it was a stupid idea in the first place. Something like this was bound to happen.

Pretty obvious now that Rio was dropped and not injured vs Everton.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am