Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Glenarch of the Glen
Sheffield gunner
Rosicky
Machiavel
blutgraetsche
9 posters

Which club will be the first to...

blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Which club will be the first to... Empty Which club will be the first to...

Post by blutgraetsche Fri May 02, 2008 8:24 pm

win at the Stamford Bridge? Since February 2006, Chelsea have not been defeated at home, a great record. Which club will be the first to end Chelsea's unbeaten run at home? Will it be an EPL club at all? Or a foreign club?
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Which club will be the first to... Empty Re: Which club will be the first to...

Post by Machiavel Fri May 02, 2008 8:26 pm

God knows who the first EPL side will be .. Aston Villa will be my bet
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri May 02, 2008 8:27 pm

True, forgot that match. Still, will a foreign club win there (again) before an EPL club does?

An unbelievable record really.
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Fri May 02, 2008 8:31 pm

Blut, I corrected myself that defeat to Barça was in Feb 06, so technically since that defeat they haven’t suffered another. Really is impressive, credit to Mourinho.

Chelsea can beat any EPL team at the Bridge; the likes of Boro and Villa this season have come close so maybe one day one team will sneak through.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Post by blutgraetsche Fri May 02, 2008 8:33 pm

Yes, I just looked it up. Barca was the last team that beat them at the Bridge, Chelsea had 10 men on the pitch for most of the match though.

Makes the record even more impressive. From the EPL clubs, I'd say Arsenal are the most likely. But I can see them losing a CL match at the Bridge before they lose a league match.
    Rosicky
    Rosicky

Number of posts : 17201
    Supports : Sacking Wenger :grr:
    Registration date : 2007-04-03

Post by Rosicky Fri May 02, 2008 8:35 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:

Makes the record even more impressive. From the EPL clubs, I'd say Arsenal are the most likely. But I can see them losing a CL match at the Bridge before they lose a league match.

Arsenal were the last english team to win there.

its impossible to say now, depends on the fixture list for next season really. Ale
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Sheffield gunner Fri May 02, 2008 8:37 pm

It is a formidable record. I would imagine the best chance is for one of the mid-table sides to surprise them and catch them on an off day. We've come close once or twice (and were the last side to beat them there in the league), but they always seem capable of raising their game enough in the big matches. Maybe it's time West Ham got one over them! They've shocked us and Man Utd enough times in recent seasons (they are afterall the only side to beat us at the Emirates and were the last side to beat us at Highbury - I can't remember the last game we lost at home to a side other than West Ham, might well have been Chelsea)!
    Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Fri May 02, 2008 8:45 pm

Spurs.
    Sir Les
    Sir Les

Number of posts : 1451
    Registration date : 2007-09-10

Post by Sir Les Fri May 02, 2008 10:40 pm

Glenn Hysén wrote:Spurs.

That would be very painful lol! I could see it being a team like Middlesborough or Villa.
    Zack

Number of posts : 1571
    Supports : Tottenham Hotspur

Post by Zack Fri May 02, 2008 10:52 pm

Sir Les wrote:

That would be very painful lol! I could see it being a team like Middlesborough or Villa.

Well when we were 3-1 up, with 18mins to go last year in the F.a Cup, that was a good chance than anybody!
    Sir Les
    Sir Les

Number of posts : 1451
    Registration date : 2007-09-10

Post by Sir Les Fri May 02, 2008 11:18 pm

Juande Ramos wrote:
    Sir Les wrote:

Well when we were 3-1 up, with 18mins to go last year in the F.a Cup, that was a good chance than anybody!

True. Villa had a great chance this year as well. Even Fulham came close.
    Khadrim
    Khadrim

Number of posts : 1719
    Supports : Fulham soft spot for Liverpool, Newcastle, Wolfsburg, Rubin Kazan
    Favourite Player : Paintsil, Barry, Iniesta, Ozil
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by Khadrim Sat May 03, 2008 10:42 am

Fulham
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sat May 03, 2008 10:51 am

Juande Ramos wrote:
    Sir Les wrote:

To this day, I'm convinced that game cost Jol his job in the long run.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:24 pm