Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Sheffield gunner
lrdsucksgoats
Luis
TM
debaser
Isco Benny
10 posters

Roy Hodgson's Achievements

Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Roy Hodgson's Achievements Empty Roy Hodgson's Achievements

Post by Isco Benny Mon May 12, 2008 5:48 pm

How would one rate them this season?

Go.........
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Roy Hodgson's Achievements Empty Re: Roy Hodgson's Achievements

Post by debaser Mon May 12, 2008 6:06 pm

Good stuff. Keeping them up, while actually trying to get them to play decent passing game is an impressive achievement. It'll be interesting to see who he brings in and how they do next season.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Mon May 12, 2008 6:13 pm

He should quit while he's ahead.

Fulham owner is unlikely to splash a lot of money, taking into consideration what they spent in Jan.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Mon May 12, 2008 6:14 pm

Done a great job, fortunate that McBride and Bullard came back just when they did, think Fulham will be in the relegation battle again next season though somehow
    lrdsucksgoats
    lrdsucksgoats

Number of posts : 9523
    Supports : Decentralisation of the state
    Favourite Player : The lesser spotted Ronaldo
    Registration date : 2007-02-25

Post by lrdsucksgoats Mon May 12, 2008 6:15 pm

Good. Took a weak team playing the wrong sort of football for the end of the table they were at with a chairman more worried about frivolous lawsuits and saved them from relegation.

Good manager, doesn't surprise me he's done well.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Sheffield gunner Mon May 12, 2008 6:25 pm

I'm glad that he has kept Fulham up. He started a bit slowly, but done a great job in recent months. He has made a couple of solid signings like Andreasen and Hangeland who made a difference, and undoubtedly benefited from the return of key players like Bullard and McBride as well. But they play decent football and Hodgson has also handled himself well in the media compared to most managers in the league.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deano Mon May 12, 2008 6:31 pm

I like Fulham and I am pleased. He's gone there and done extremely well. He'll have money to spend...as he didn't in January. They'll sell alot of players and he'll bring in his own. I think Hodgson knows the market quite well tbh.
    Khadrim
    Khadrim

Number of posts : 1719
    Supports : Fulham soft spot for Liverpool, Newcastle, Wolfsburg, Rubin Kazan
    Favourite Player : Paintsil, Barry, Iniesta, Ozil
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by Khadrim Mon May 12, 2008 7:34 pm

The great thing was we are used to good football from Coleman and before. With Sanchez not only did we look like going down we were playing awful football. Not to mention he blamed referees all the time.

Hodgson saved both from relegation and terrible football. I particularly liked how he said there was a lack of height in the team a team of midgets Sanchez was trying to play longball with. We are still short of a lot of players. I was going through the squad and was surprised at how many strikers we had. But Hodgson has a lot of contacts and I am very hopeful for next season.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Mon May 12, 2008 7:47 pm

Think they should be ok next season, once Hodgson can bring his own players and there's more positivity about the place. Bullard staying will be key. Plus there's a load of shite still in the Premiership (Wigan, Bolton, maybe Sunderland) while there are 2 more Cr@p teams coming up, so probably Fulham can avoid a relegation battle next year.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Tue May 13, 2008 12:44 am

kas wrote:Think they should be ok next season, once Hodgson can bring his own players and there's more positivity about the place. Bullard staying will be key. Plus there's a load of shite still in the Premiership (Wigan, Bolton, maybe Sunderland) while there are 2 more Cr@p teams coming up, so probably Fulham can avoid a relegation battle next year.

Wigan arnt that shite any more, dont get me wrong i dont think they are that good, but if they hold on to Scharner, Valencia, Palacios, along with ok players like Koumas, Heskey, Kirkland and Brown and add 4 or 5 good signings they will be safe next season.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Tue May 13, 2008 6:17 am

Their late season form this year was based on some very solid defending, but with players like Bramble and a few other average players in there, you never quite know what you'll get. I can't see both Valencia and Palacios staying...add in possible injury problems for Kirkland or Heskey, and suddenly they're a very weak side. Bruce is a good manager though, I rate him higher than some others, so that could be a telling factor. Maybe he can spark up the team with some more Arsenal rejects.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:29 pm