Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Lordanger
christmasborocooper
golsud
Since 1888
Tom
Luso
bluenine
Sgoater1
12 posters

Deco to Inter or Chelsea !

Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Deco to Inter or Chelsea ! Empty Deco to Inter or Chelsea !

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:57 pm

Deco has confirmed “my future lies between Chelsea and Inter” and Jose Mourinho could prove a decisive factor.

The midfielder has been one of the Nerazzurri’s prime targets ever since Mourinho took over at the club, although he had also been wanted by predecessor Roberto Mancini.

“At this moment I have only two possibilities – Chelsea or Inter,” the Barcelona man told El Mundo Deportivo.

“I have not sealed a deal with either of them, though. I have not yet decided upon my future, as I have to meet with me agent and see what is best for me.

“I certainly will not go to a club that I don’t like or that won’t allow me to win trophies, as that is my objective.”

Inter have won three consecutive Serie A titles, but that wasn’t enough to prevent Mancini’s dismissal.

Mourinho has been brought in with the express intention of aiming for the Champions League victory and he has already won that competition with Deco at Porto.

“Undoubtedly my rapport with Mourinho is excellent and that does factor into my decision, but I have to view many other elements too,” continued the Portuguese international.

“Inter are a good squad that satisfy the aspirations of any player. So do Chelsea, where many of my friends currently play.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Which would be the best move for him?

Bluenine and Chelsea fans how do you see him fitting into your respective clubs ?
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Deco to Inter or Chelsea ! Empty Re: Deco to Inter or Chelsea !

Post by bluenine Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:03 am

I don't mind Deco, we probably need an attacking midfielder... I would prefer Quaresma, but Deco will not be a bad addition.

On the other hand, I am just not sure about Lampard... don't think he is an improvement on Stankovic, most likely a step down in a Serie A environment. So if the reports are true that Chelsea are after Deco to replace Lampard, who will then come to Inter, then I HOPE AND PRAY that we get Deco Wink

I guess Mourinho has a clanish approach to his teams, and we will have to live with some of his pets. As long as he gets results, I don't care...
    Luso
    Luso

Number of posts : 3305
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Luso Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:36 am

Thought this was old news by now?

Wasn't it clear those where his choices, or has he said something even more recently?

Ale
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Tom Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:05 am

He made some absolutely stunning passes against Turkey, wouldn't mind him coming but it would definitely mean that Lampard would go to Inter or another club. And if Mourinho decides to fork £15 Million+ for Lampard and we get Deco for £10 Million then, by george, we've done a great deal there.

Lampard will be good in Italy anyway, lots of time and space for him to pick out a pass... And by pass, i mean shot.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:53 pm

Ballack wrote:He made some absolutely stunning passes against Turkey, wouldn't mind him coming but it would definitely mean that Lampard would go to Inter or another club. And if Mourinho decides to fork £15 Million+ for Lampard and we get Deco for £10 Million then, by george, we've done a great deal there.

Lampard will be good in Italy anyway, lots of time and space for him to pick out a pass... And by pass, i mean shot.
    Time yes, but there is very little space in Italy, the defences work closer than other leagues.

I would prefer Deco over Lampard by a country mile.
    Since 1888
    Since 1888

Number of posts : 5171
    Supports : Sparta Rotterdam
    Favourite Player : Sepp de Roover

Post by Since 1888 Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:56 pm

I think you should have another look at vdVaart.
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Tom Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:50 pm

I want Van Der Vaart as well! Its like football manager all over again.
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:53 pm

If Lampard is worth 15 then Deco is worth at least the same, not 5m less.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:13 pm

If Deco was English he'd be worth more money..unlucky for you and him he's Portuzillan.
    Lordanger
    Lordanger

Number of posts : 1519
    Supports : hairbands
    Favourite Player : Not Gerrard
    Registration date : 2006-09-27

Post by Lordanger Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:01 pm

If Deco plays like he did against Turkey then he would be a great addition to the chelsea squad, if he is going to hang about London sulking, in a big girly strop, then no.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:38 am

Lampard is more younger then Deco also less injury prone and had a better season perhaps 2 at that thats why he would cost more , 2ndly Chelsea dont want to sell unlike Barca.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:08 am

DS wrote:Lampard is more younger then Deco also less injury prone and had a better season perhaps 2 at that thats why he would cost more , 2ndly Chelsea dont want to sell unlike Barca.
    Lampard is younger and english. He will cost more than Deco, no doubt about it.
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:13 pm

Deco is only a year older than Lampard... He's much better than Lampard so he should cost at least the same if not more <Ale>
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:15 pm

Goal for him, should be at least 5 million euros more for us Ale
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:03 pm

mmmmmmmmm will he pick Big Phil or Jose ?
    Z&H
    Z&H

Number of posts : 368
    Registration date : 2007-03-30

Post by Z&H Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:23 pm

Tough choice, isn't it?
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:35 am

I thought deco had been looking quite fat last season but seems to have slimmed down for the Euros. Seems to have the attitude that's he's made it and has nothing left to prove. Lampard on the other hand might be fighting for an england place, and trying to impress capello in his homeland.
    Luso
    Luso

Post by Luso Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:09 am

Deco has made it and he really doesn't have anything left to prove...

Having moved to Europe as a teenager, the guy's won plenty in his life in sporting terms. Personally, I think he's almost done exactly what he set out to do, and I say 'almost' as I'm sure he would've liked to play for Brazil.

The fact that he's made it shouldn't take away from his value... it should add to it, as long as his play reflects that. Right now, I'd say it does.

(Never mind the fact he's a much more acomplished/skilled/complete player than Lampard...)
    bluenine
    bluenine

Post by bluenine Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:05 am

Luso wrote:Deco has made it and he really doesn't have anything left to prove...

Having moved to Europe as a teenager, the guy's won plenty in his life in sporting terms. Personally, I think he's almost done exactly what he set out to do, and I say 'almost' as I'm sure he would've liked to play for Brazil.

The fact that he's made it shouldn't take away from his value... it should add to it, as long as his play reflects that. Right now, I'd say it does.

(Never mind the fact he's a much more acomplished/skilled/complete player than Lampard...)
    ok
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:28 am

Luso wrote:Deco has made it and he really doesn't have anything left to prove...

I agree that he is a better player than lampard but if he is no longer "hungry"? To me he looks like he does have a desire to win the euros with Portugal and has slimmed down for that.

Can the barca fans shed any light on this. When I saw deco playing this season he looked fat, is that true or not?
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:02 pm

I didn't notice anything different about his physical appearance. But in terms of his interest and commitment, it was definitely 0% all season long, except for the 2 CL games against Man. Utd., for which he "coincidentally" got fit just in time.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:16 pm

Says here that Deco has agreed personal terms with Chelsea.
    http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/web/gen/20080612/noticia_53479208524.html

Sorry bluenine, looks like it's Lampard for you.
    Luso
    Luso

Post by Luso Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:35 pm

110% wrote:

I agree that he is a better player than lampard but if he is no longer "hungry"? To me he looks like he does have a desire to win the euros with Portugal and has slimmed down for that.

Can the barca fans shed any light on this. When I saw deco playing this season he looked fat, is that true or not?

I understand what you're saying. It obviously doesn't do anyone any good how skilled he is if he doesn't feel like putting in the work... he can't cruise through games based on his name/what he's accomplished in the past.

He does look very pumped for this Euro which is good for us. As I said, if his play reflects his CV than his value in Euros should only be reinforced. I think a change in scenery could bring this to his club game again as I'd agree he didn't always look up to it at Barca this year.. but he wasn't the only one so who knows what was going on there.
    Luso
    Luso

Post by Luso Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:36 pm

kas wrote:Says here that Deco has agreed personal terms with Chelsea.

Is this why he's made a trip to Barcelona? Looks like it.
    He should be back in time for the team practice...
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:54 pm

Luso wrote:
    kas wrote:Says here that Deco has agreed personal terms with Chelsea.

Is this why he's made a trip to Barcelona? Looks like it.
    He should be back in time for the team practice...

Yes I think so, even though the player is now denying having any meeting or agreement with Chelsea.

Regarding his previous season, I also kept noticing stories about his divorces, sorting out alimony and child support agreements with previous wives, opening a new restaurant business venture, etc. So he's distracting himself with matters off the pitch as well.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:35 am

Barcelona midfielder Deco will join his Portugal boss Luiz Felipe Scolari at Chelsea, BBC Sport understands.

Reports in Portugal that Deco had met with Blues owner Roman Abramovich on Thursday were denied by the player in Spanish newspaper El Mundo Deportivo.

But Mike Sewell, BBC Five Live's man with the Portugal squad, said sources were tipping him to move to Chelsea.

"They believe Deco will go with Scolari rather than join up with old boss Jose Mourinho at Inter Milan," he said.

Barca confirmed recently that Deco was free to talk to other teams. Scolari takes over at Stamford Bridge on 1 July after overseeing Portugal's Euro 2008 campaign.

The Brazil-born star joined Barcelona from Porto in 2004 after helping the Portuguese side win the Uefa Cup, Champions League and domestic league titles under Mourinho.

He won two league championships with the Catalan giants, and was part of the team that beat Arsenal in the Champions League final in Paris in 2006.

However, a series of injuries have hampered his season, and he made just 14 starts in Barcelona's La Liga campaign.

Sewell added that Deco had left the Portugal camp on Thursday after being granted 24 hours' leave by Scolari.

"He flew to Barcelona to sort out a personal matter, believed to be the finalising of his divorce," he said.
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:36 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7453834.stm
    DS
    DS

Post by DS Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:37 am

2 days old article though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:50 pm