Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Axeslammer
Kimbo
110%
Parks lives
gone
Tom
Fey
bluenine
Z&H
Sgoater1
14 posters

Dont joke about when Gattuso is around !

Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Dont joke about when Gattuso is around ! Empty Dont joke about when Gattuso is around !

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:30 am

Gennaro Gattuso expresses disappointment at missing the quarter-final and reveals why he slapped Marco Borriello!

“I am convinced we have 23 players who are all first teamers. We will battle Spain anyway and our joy remains the same,” said the midfielder who will be suspended for the next game.

The 2-0 win over France and Romania’s defeat to Holland qualifies the Azzurri with goals from Andrea Pirlo and Daniele De Rossi.

“At the end of the day, history can change. After all, we hadn’t lost to Holland for 30 years, so now we ended another taboo.”

Gattuso and Andrea Pirlo will sit out bans against Spain, but the rugged midfielder had words of warning for the Press.

“It’s only normal, I am a player, who doesn’t want to play in a European Championship quarter-final? I am a believer in the group. Great individuals are needed, but you get nowhere without the group.

“I read stories saying we were arguing and didn’t even look each other in the face when eating dinner. That’s total rubbish, we are men and always look each other in the eye.”

Rino always makes his presence felt, even more so when he was substituted and sat on the bench for the final stages.

“(Morgan) De Sanctis and Borriello were pretending Holland were leading 2-0 and you cannot joke about that!

“Borriello made another joke that Marco Van Basten had scored with an overhead kick, so I slapped him.”

Italy needed Holland to avoid defeat against Romania in order to qualify, so there were fears the second-string Dutch side would not have the right motivation.

“I think this year in Italy we also proved the so-called ‘biscotti’ are finished. We went to Napoli, who had nothing to play for, and lost so we went out of the Champions League. That is how it should be.”

Few expected the Azzurri to continue in Euro 2008 after one point from their opening two games.

“When you lose 3-0 it is only normal that the World Cup winners are criticised by the media and fans. It would be bizarre to receive compliments.

“We never stopped believing, were very unlucky against Romania and were afraid we’d be going home immediately. We haven’t had good luck with the European Championship recently, so we’re very happy with this result.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biggrin the guy is a legend !
    Z&H
    Z&H

Number of posts : 368
    Registration date : 2007-03-30

Dont joke about when Gattuso is around ! Empty Re: Dont joke about when Gattuso is around !

Post by Z&H Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:36 am

He's so passionate while singing national anthem and his interviews are always amusing Smile
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Dont joke about when Gattuso is around ! Empty Re: Dont joke about when Gattuso is around !

Post by bluenine Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:46 am

Zizinhohakker wrote:He's so passionate while singing national anthem and his interviews are always amusing Smile

Did anyone catch him doing his usual number on the Italian coach after the win? Gattuso went over to Donadoni (who was being hugged by some staff) and stared him in the eye, and tried to throw water over his head in all seriousness Wink

Remind me of when he squeezed Lippi's throat after the win against the Aussies in the WC!
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Fey Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:00 am

That is fun

He is a funny psycho..while Matrix is a scary, dirty psycho.
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea

Post by Tom Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:39 am

I don't think he's *that* funny. He looks like a Pr!ck, like I wouldn't really be surprised if his team-mates thought he was absolute dickhead.
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:55 am

This is still funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTW-iIECRBc
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:39 am

Such a twat! The most unconvincing hard man I've ever seen.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:58 am

He's small and loud, and kind of like a cult figure, loved by all in Italy. To be honest he's not really hard, more hard-working, and there is no-one like him in Italy. He doesn't pick fights with people or try to injure them like keane for example, he considers the battle is for the ball and keeps it hard but fair.

His interviews are normally good. Not the most eloquent but not boring as well, said of himself that he was a Cr@p footballer but he'd run all day etc. Also after that CL final while the rest of the Milan team went on about 6 mad minutes and them being the better team etc, he said "it's clear that a team that comes back from 3-0 down deserves to win". He seems to be a pretty humble guy, who just has a weird way of celebrating.

Legend ok

Matrix is actually not hard at all, very metrosexual type with more tatoos and jewelry than beckham, who happens to be about 6'5" tall and spends all game trying to wind players up. He is not liked by anyone really, not even Inter fans.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:01 pm

Small man syndrome.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:10 pm

He should have been sent off against Holland.

Typical for the Italian luck : always getting help from the ref Ale
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:06 pm

Parks lives wrote:Such a twat! The most unconvincing hard man I've ever seen.

Think about it.

Dont joke about when Gattuso is around ! 72576216
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:07 pm

Biggrin <Ale>
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:08 pm

So who are the real hardmen then if it isnt Keane or Gattuso?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:09 pm

Super Madrid wrote:So who are the real hardmen then if it isnt Keane or Gattuso?

Dont joke about when Gattuso is around ! Briankilcline
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:11 pm

Super Madrid wrote:So who are the real hardmen then if it isnt Keane or Gattuso?

Either of these 2 would wipe the floor with keane.

Dont joke about when Gattuso is around ! 400x400_1190235629_spt_ai_cardiffvwatford_05

Dont joke about when Gattuso is around ! Eustace1

...as would Gianfanco Zola, Juninho or Alan Wright.
    gone
    gone

Number of posts : 3455
    Supports : Steaua
    Favourite Player : Radoi, Ogararu, Nicolita, Iniesta, Edin Dzeko
    Registration date : 2007-03-27

Post by gone Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:12 pm

Kimbo wrote:

Dont joke about when Gattuso is around ! Briankilcline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6icLZ3i2Is
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:13 pm

Kimbo wrote:Biggrin <Ale>

Dont joke about when Gattuso is around ! GT~Shearer~00

You need to think about it, too.
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:14 pm

Dont joke about when Gattuso is around ! 717261_120_120_8jSs

cheers
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:16 pm

Giovani Dos Spurs™️ wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:Biggrin <Ale>

Dont joke about when Gattuso is around ! GT~Shearer~00

You need to think about it, too.

Why? He's soft because he got elbowed in the face, had his lip split open, and got up and complained to the ref? scratch
    Z&H
    Z&H

Number of posts : 368
    Registration date : 2007-03-30

Post by Z&H Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:48 pm

110% wrote:
    Matrix is actually not hard at all, very metrosexual type with more tatoos and jewelry than beckham, who happens to be about 6'5" tall and spends all game trying to wind players up. He is not liked by anyone really, not even Inter fans.

He's very delicate indeed affraid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9L7V8-2XUk

The guy seems mentally deranged.
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:14 am

Zizinhohakker wrote:
    110% wrote:

He's very delicate indeed affraid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9L7V8-2XUk

The guy seems mentally deranged.

I think like most people you have mistakenly considered "dirty" as hard

going through the back of someone is far from hard
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:36 pm

I know this thread wasnt about hard men but it is something i just dont get. how do people define hard men. i always thought Keane was one of those but i have seeen people here laugh about that. so what defines a hard man?
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:16 pm

110% wrote: I think like most people you have mistakenly considered "dirty" as hard

ok

To be hard you have to be able to take it without complaint as well as dish it out. So Cantona and Bergkamp were dirty, Stuart Pearce was hard.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:21 pm

Roger Hunt wrote:
    110% wrote: I think like most people you have mistakenly considered "dirty" as hard

ok

To be hard you have to be able to take it without complaint as well as dish it out. So Cantona and Bergkamp were dirty, Stuart Pearce was hard.
    Ok so isnt about how you hard you takle but if you can take a hard takle?
    So hardmen are people like Beckenbauer who played through a match with a broken/strained arm or Hamann when he played with a broken foot in the cl final?
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:52 pm

For me, yes. But I think there is an implication that they are also fairly robust and physical (albeit maybe not dirty) in the way they play.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:05 pm