Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Roger Hunt
Machiavel
6 posters

Dunga: Giggs would be perfect for Brazil..

Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Dunga: Giggs would be perfect for Brazil.. Empty Dunga: Giggs would be perfect for Brazil..

Post by Machiavel Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:38 pm

- i'm sorry if this has been posted, but it deserves a thread of its own.

Brazil coach Dunga has given Ryan Giggs the ultimate praise by saying the Welsh winger would grace the Brazilian shirt.

Giggs showed his class in a 45-minute cameo in Tuesday's 2-0 friendly defeat to Brazil at White Hart Lane.

And Dunga said: "Any manager in the world would like a player like Giggs in their side, and I am no different.

"But frankly I wouldn't know where to play him, we have so many good players. If he was Brazilian, it would give me far too many problems."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giggs has been amazing this season so far.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Dunga: Giggs would be perfect for Brazil.. Empty Re: Dunga: Giggs would be perfect for Brazil..

Post by Roger Hunt Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:04 pm

Yes it has already been posted.

It's the usual bland polite nonsense that international managers come up with. He says that 'any manager' would like him, but then that he's not good enough to get in the side - 'I woudln't know where to play him, we've got so many good players.'

Up there with Ronaldo calling Michael Owen the most exciting player at WC98.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Dunga: Giggs would be perfect for Brazil.. Empty Re: Dunga: Giggs would be perfect for Brazil..

Post by Parks lives Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:06 pm

A young Giggs would of got in any side in the world.

Also Owen was probably the most exciting player, bar Ronaldo himself.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:08 pm

I actually think that Giggs wouldn't have looked out of place in the Brazil side - he'd give them a bit of directness which they lack at times. I'm just saying I don't think it's a big story, it's just a fairly typical comment from a manager of a big side post a friendly.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:10 pm

the last brazilian manager said he wanted gerrard to be brazilian... just the things people say... giggs of course would not get a game at this minute but would have been pushing earlier in his career as people have said... it's just dunga's way of saying he's a great player..
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:12 pm

COTR wrote:the last brazilian manager said he wanted gerrard to be brazilian... just the things people say... giggs of course would not get a game at this minute but would have been pushing earlier in his career as people have said... it's just dunga's way of saying he's a great player..

Maybe now...But back in the day? i think so he would, only 4-5 players for brazil been better than him during his career time imo.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:25 pm

Or maybe, just maybe, Dunga really does think that Giggs is a quality player who would have been a bigger name had he played for one of the top countries, including Brazil - where he wouldnt have looked out of place in his prime.

You cynical bastards Very Happy
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:28 pm

The Real White Pele wrote: Giggs is a quality player who would have been a bigger name had he played for one of the top countries, including Brazil

Or England Wink
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:36 pm

Dunga was probably asked something along the lines of

"Giggs played very well today, would you like him in your team Dunga?"

Dunga is hardly going to say "no", out of politeness. Giggs is a very good player, but Brazil don't play wingers, and he'd be competing with Ronaldinho for a position.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:38 pm

& Giggs > Ronaldinhio.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:39 pm

Yea and don't forget

O'Shea>Dunga
    Fletcher>Kaka
    Saha>Ronaldo
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:40 pm

Calidad wrote:
    Saha>Ronaldo

ok

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:29 pm