Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Deano
EMP
christmasborocooper
SuperMario
DS
fcb
S4P
Fey
Deluded F*ck™
COTR
The Easter Bunny
Chocolate Thunder
debaser
Kimbo
Glenarch of the Glen
19 posters

December Review

Glenarch of the Glen

Number of posts : 30157
    Supports : Palestine
    Favourite Player : Hélder Barbosa
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

December Review Empty December Review

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:50 pm

For EPL fans.

Answer each question as honestly as you can.

God bless you.

What do you think of the manager?

What do you think of the transfers over the summer, and of the rumours of people leaving/arriving in the next window?

How has the season been shaping up so far?

What are your expectations for this season? Have they changed from day one?

Where do you see the club's future?

Who do you think is your most important player(s)?

Your worst player(s)?

Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about?

Do you have any favourite/best chant(s) and perhaps any that require an explanation?

Where do you expect to finish in the Premier League?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

December Review Empty Re: December Review

Post by Kimbo Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:03 pm

Average
    What do you think of the transfers over the summer, and of the rumours of people leaving/arriving in the next window?
    Good, just not enough of them. Rumours are rumours, and Harry Redknapp can f@ck off.
    Shite.
    Top 10. Now, survival.
    Dunno.
    Given and Jonas.
    Your worst player(s)?
    Butt, Cacapa, Duff, and Smith(even though he hasn't played this season he deserves a mention)
    Bassong, very impressive.
    Do you have any favourite/best chant(s) and perhaps any that require an explanation?
    'Mido, he's got a bomb you know' and 'Mido is a paedo'
    Around 15th.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:13 pm

For EPL fans.

God bless you.

What do you think of the manager? Grand. Has his faults and quirks (what manager doesn't), but is straightforward and delivers on what he's promised

What do you think of the transfers over the summer, and of the rumours of people leaving/arriving in the next window? Summer ins: hit and miss. Defence is certainly much stronger. No longer feel like we're one injury away from meltdown there. Some new players still working their way in (Sidwell, Cuellar, Milner) but the squad is stronger all round than last season. January...need a striker (or two, if Harewood goes). Heskey the main rumour. Would be a solid medium term fix.

How has the season been shaping up so far? Very nicely. Pressing on the top 4, although not quite consistent enough yet. 5 pts from 4 games against the top 4 is very good return.

What are your expectations for this season? Have they changed from day one? Top 6 finish, euro qualification (plus get some experience in UEFA). Hopefully a decent cup run in either UEFA or FA cup. Pretty much what I wanted at the start. The way we're positioned makes it look realistic.

Where do you see the club's future? Birmingham

Who do you think is your most important player(s)? Young, Agbonlahor, Davies and Petrov have been the top performers this season. Laursen, Carew, Barry all well establlished too, any would be missed.

Your worst player(s)? Shorey's not really settled yet. Knight and Harewood both fine as squadies, but I would be worried if injuries meant they were in the team for a long stretch

Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about? Delfouneso, striker. Been on the bench plenty, but not been given many minutes yet. And anyone who's not noticed how awesome Curtis Davies is, is silly. Best young English defender out there...

Do you have any favourite/best chant(s) and perhaps any that require an explanation? Carew. Carew. Carew is on fire [as in THE ROOF...]. It's not literal.

Where do you expect to finish in the Premier League? 5th
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:27 pm

Based on the season so far...

He has done well for the most part. Some odd descions in the past couple of weeks it must be said. Lucas starting alongside Mascherano was just a dead end move. Clearly thought the players were good enough but no... just no.

In a nutshell...

Dossena - disappointing(but showed positive signs in our last game).
    Keane - as above
    Degan - crippled
    EggNog - WHAT?
    Riera: Started off very brightly. Seems a bit fatigued to be honest.

Drama galore cheers

Expectations were to challange for the title till near enough the last few weeks of the season. Right now, we are course to that. Though performances need to be upped and quickly.

No idea. Long term and probably short term as well, Hicks and Gilette are trying to cripple the club. A cancer to our club.

Alonso. The man is class personified. Our conductor if you will. Keeps things ticking over. Is highly intelligent with ball and can play any pass and usually picks the right one more so than not.

Kuyt deserves an honourable mention. Back to his 1st season form. Some cracking and vital goals plus the usual GPD we come to expect.

Reina, Gerrard, Torres and Carra. Yes I left out Agger which might suprise a few Reds but this season so far he has been a mixed bag to say the least.

Your worst player(s)?

Plessis. Any promise he had shown last season for eg: the Aresnal game at the Emirates where he dominated as long died. He has been utter gash this season for reserves apperantly and when played with in the 1st team.

Nathan Eccleston. England youth international who's performances for u18s and England have got him called up to the reserves and so 1st team. Quick pacey striker who has an eye for goal.

Nikola Saric is striker who we signed in the summer from Danish club. Barca were keen to for the lads signature. represented Denmark at U16, U17 and U18 level. Indeed, the Danish Football Association voted him their 2007 U17 Player of the Year.

The Torres Bounce is the best no doubt. It just gets everybody singing and in a positive happy mood... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDfXxgrOBmE

I'll be positive and say 2nd flower
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:31 pm

What has happened to Pacheo?
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:39 pm

The Easter Bunny wrote:What has happened to Pacheo?

Pacheco is still playing for the reserves. Doubt he'll make the breakthrough at the earliest next year and that's after he has bulked up.
    The lad has a lot of talent and potential to be a Garcia type player at the very least. Still very young one must not forget but like I said, I worry if he were to come up againist sat Rio, Laursen or someone of that mould.

I also worry if Rafa will give him a chance like I do with a few of the current youngsters namely Krizstan Nemeth.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:58 pm

A very funny man

Horrible

Wonderful

The same as every season. Win everything until we inevitably don't

Brilliant young, hungry squad that can only get better (assuming our manager doesn't get rid of some of our best players ie agger and alonso)

The owner situation will resolve itself either by the markets (debt) forcing the yanks out or simply them staying

1) Superman

2) Torres, Reina, Alonso

Your worst player(s)?

Lucas, Robbie Keane, Dirk Kuyt in 50% of his games

No, they have all been hyped

La bamba

1st
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:10 pm

The Easter Bunny wrote:What has happened to Pacheo?

he wont be 18 til January. I haven't been following the reserves this season so I can't really give an opinion. Depending on how Rafa plays the final CL group game he may make the bench. I don't think he's as good as Pongolle was at that age though.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:43 pm

Christmas Hysén Obama PhD wrote:For EPL fans.

Not a big fan of the league to be honest.

Christmas Hysén Obama PhD wrote:Answer each question as honestly as you can.

Will try my best, but since there isn't a gun to my head, I can't guarantee it ok

Christmas Hysén Obama PhD wrote:God bless you.

And you.

Christmas Hysén Obama PhD wrote:What do you think of the manager?
    Great character, very uplifting personality, dodgy as f@ck, when it comes to transfer money, but we'll see.

Christmas Hysén Obama PhD wrote:What do you think of the transfers over the summer, and of the rumours of people leaving/arriving in the next window?

How do you think I feel? It was an utter disaster for the most part. I'm hopeful for the future now that Levy & Comolli aren't running things anymore.

Christmas Hysén Obama PhD wrote:How has the season been shaping up so far?
    We were drowning without hope, but we've received a plastic lifeboat, been resuscitated, stabilised somewhat, and now hopefully we won't hit anything sharp.

Christmas Hysén Obama PhD wrote:What are your expectations for this season? Have they changed from day one?

Not one bit.

Christmas Hysén Obama PhD wrote:Where do you see the club's future?
    Struggling to get in the UEFA cup every season - our chance for the CL depended on the 2006 & 2007 transfer windows. Our ship has sailed now.

Christmas Hysén Obama PhD wrote:Who do you think is your most important player(s)?
    King, Woodgate, Modric & Huddlestone.

Christmas Hysén Obama PhD wrote:Your worst player(s)?

Didier Zokora & Michael Dawson.

Christmas Hysén Obama PhD wrote:Any young up and coming players in the squad that we might not know about?

I'm sure you've all heard of John Bostock, but Jonathan Obika may be one to watch out for...

Christmas Hysén Obama PhD wrote:Do you have any favourite/best chant(s) and perhaps any that require an explanation?

When the Spurs go marching in, We've got Ledley at the back
    Christmas Hysén Obama PhD wrote:Where do you expect to finish in the Premier League?

13th.
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:47 pm

The HuddFather™️ wrote:

I'm sure you've all heard of John Bostock

Of course

The famous John Bostock cyclops
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:03 pm

COTR...you really have some nerves to put Kuytinovic in the same list as Keane and Lucas...FFS!
    No
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:04 pm

COTR wrote:
    The HuddFather™️ wrote:

Of course

Simon Jordan obviously doesn't have as big a gob as I thought.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:07 pm

The HuddFather™️ wrote:
    COTR wrote:
    The HuddFather™️ wrote:

Of course

Simon Jordan obviously doesn't have as big a gob as I thought.

He's got a big fucking gob from where i'm standing.

http://www.football.virginmedia.com/page/Football/Headlines/0,,12555~1475738,00.html

We're not relevant outside Newcastle yet there he is with his faggot hairstyle ranting about us. Queer. Rolling Eyes
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Post by The Easter Bunny Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:20 pm

Obika cheers

Pimped him on FM08, for my Spurs team.
    S4P
    S4P

Number of posts : 14358
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by S4P Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:37 pm

December's been awesome so far for us glenn. We're yet to lose a game! Ale
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:10 am

Oooh...can I do one for Barça.

Legend.
    As a manager...he's started well. There was never any major work needed because the squad is still very talented, but he's done the job of reigniting their hunger to win, restoring fitness, and providing more flexibility in tactics from game to game.

- Keita will never be a glamour player, but I think Txiki/Guardiola know something about him that we don't, and know exactly how they want him to fit into the team. If he can get 10 goals to go with his box-to-box work, it'll be a brilliant signing.

- Hleb is still adapting after a setback due to his injury.

- Dani Alves will go on to be a key player in this team and will return to his Sevilla form.

- Pique is getting more playing time than I initially expected, thanks to Pep's rotations and Abidal's injury. Done well so far...had a few shaky moments and a few mistakes, but he'll learn.

- Caceres is probably the only "bad" signing so far, since he cost 16m euros and has hardly played. But he was signed for the future, so as long as he improves his performances while on the pitch, it's a "wait and see" on him.

Fantastic. The first 2 games were worrying because the players/team had the same flaws as last year, but since then things have turned right around. Now the team is averaging 3 goals a game, and an easy CL group has helped because we can concentrate fully on this tough run of Liga fixtures going on now.

The expectation is still at least the Liga title, but it's changed from "we hope to win it" to "it'll be a disappointment if we don't win it"

Usually at La Masia, though I've heard they're moving the kids to the new training grounds.

Clearly, Messi and Etoo. Though I personally will say Xavi as well.

Your worst player(s)?
    Jorquera, the 3rd keeper, who'll be on his way in January. Sylvinho's getting old as well.

Bojan is obvious.
    Most people probably know about Busquets as well...but if not, he's a 20 year old defensive midfielder, though not a destroyer in the Mascherano mould. Instead he's more like Xabi Alonso, except Busquets rarely every takes more than 2 touches before releasing the ball to Xavi or the forwards, if even that. Big favourite of Guardiola's, and you'll be hearing/seeing a lot more of him, maybe even for Spain sometime soon.

Not that much chanting at Camp Nou tbh. But I hope we'll see a return of "Madrid, cabron, salud la campeon". It probably does require an explanation. It means, "Madrid, bastards, salute the champions".

Oooh! This debate again.
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:03 am

kas wrote:Oooh...can I do one for Barça.

No ok

MODS DELETE THIS POST Grr
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:45 pm

Fey wrote:COTR...you really have some nerves to put Kuytinovic in the same list as Keane and Lucas...FFS!
    No

A forward with no pace, no technical ability, no shooting ability and whose only real attribute is he works hard enabling the other players to prosper

I love him, but I also hate him

Sorry bounce
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Post by The Easter Bunny Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:49 pm

COTR wrote:
    Fey wrote:COTR...you really have some nerves to put Kuytinovic in the same list as Keane and Lucas...FFS!
    No

A forward with no pace, no technical ability, no shooting ability and whose only real attribute is he works hard enabling the other players to prosper

I love him, but I also hate him

Sorry bounce

Excuse me, Heskey.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:06 pm

Christmas Hysén Obama PhD wrote:For EPL fans.

God bless you.

Legend and can do no wrong (until he does something wrong).

Berbatov is a good buy even though he isnt my choice of the striker needed , (Rumours)Zoran Tosic is talented but quite lean hes got potential but he may not make it , Ljajic is one I hope we make the deal for.

Decently , we havent played that well but nobody is really taking advantage everybody is slipping.

One major trophy EPL , CL is the aim , not yet.

In terms of players we got young players that are already part of the first team and others ready to make the step up , the older tier of generation still have alot of years to give (not talking about Giggs ,Neville , Scholes but Rio Carrick Vidic etc)

Rio , Ronaldo ,Rooney.
    Your worst player(s)?
    OShea.
    Most are heard of , these days players dont remain unknown when they hit 18 , its the next generation that is unheard of.

To answer it in a different way Possebon , Evans can step up in a year or 2.

2nd is my prediction hopefully 1st.
    SuperMario
    SuperMario

Number of posts : 16866
    Supports : Feyenoord & Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Diego Biseswar
    Registration date : 2006-11-10

Post by SuperMario Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:42 pm

December sucked big time so far. We got beaten by Burnley.

On the bright side El Capitan Invicto immediately trashed all rumours about him going to Milan & that coward Keane chickened out.
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:45 pm

Kimbo wrote:

You seen the reports that a couple of Geordie boys have been arrested for the chants?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:05 pm

borocooper wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

You seen the reports that a couple of Geordie boys have been arrested for the chants?

They must have said something that hasn't been reported, because i can't see how the shoe bomber reference is racist. If that is racist then JFH being called a fat Eddy Murphy was racist aswell. Also Mido seems to think Islamophobia is on par with racism, it really isn't.

Mido should take a leaf out of Southgates book and act with a bit of dignity, i see he was praising the size of out club again. He so wants the job. Ale
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:08 pm

it would serve everyone right if one day Mido did have a bomb cherry
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348

Post by christmasborocooper Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:09 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    borocooper wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

They must have said something that hasn't been reported, because i can't see how the shoe bomber reference is racist. If that is racist then JFH being called a fat Eddy Murphy was racist aswell. Also Mido seems to think Islamophobia is on par with racism, it really isn't.

Mido should take a leaf out of Southgates book and act with a bit of dignity, i see he was praising the size of out club again. He so wants the job. Ale

You should be so lucky.

Lucky lucky lucky.
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:43 pm

Islamophobia is racist. How many white Muslms have been subjected to such chants?
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:52 pm

EMP wrote:Islamophobia is racist. How many white Muslms have been subjected to such chants?

Islam isn't a race. How many white people look a bit like Richard Reid?
    Glenarch of the Glen

Post by Glenarch of the Glen Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:55 pm

December Review RichardReid_374x450December Review Mido

seems like a fair enough comparison to me ok
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:56 pm

Tottenham wanted us investigated for it too, when Mido was playing for those scumbags...he does indeed look like Richard Reid, which is why our fans, and the Newcastle fans were doing it.

Has nothing to do with him being a Muslim...it's more PC bullshit.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:57 pm

I reckon if you shaved Reid and put them in the same lighting everyone would see the similarity.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:07 pm