Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
Tom
Khadrim
stinger
Bashmachkin
TheCrazy58
Torrente
christmasborocooper
Pierre Littbarski
Hlebagone
debaser
The Pröfessör
Parks lives
Fade out
Six
gone
Rosicky
Sheffield gunner
SuperMario
Deluded F*ck™
Romford Pele
Allez les rouges
Aristoskank
fcb
Di Caniooooo!
The Easter Bunny
Fey
Sgoater1
Chocolate Thunder
Football Genius
COTR
Batman
Luis
Deano
Isco Benny
L r dd
Kimbo
Cesc Soler
41 posters

Premier League 16th-18th May Discussion Thread

Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Premier League 16th-18th May Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League 16th-18th May Discussion Thread

Post by Deano Thu May 14, 2009 7:50 pm

Football Genius wrote:
    GianDeano Zola wrote:That's the difference...I never did hide away did I?

I rarely come on anyway...about once every 3/4 days at a push...so that's another flawed argument. I'm too busy going to stadiums to watch my team play.

Laughing Don't you still have to be in competitions to be playing games every 3-4 days...

Still that FA Cup losers medal in 2006 should be pride of your Hammers stories to your children!

lol!

Yup...I'll show them the programme and match ticket to show I was there too...how many of you were?

I can take we aren't a top 5/6 team at current, and probably won't be very soon...but to me that doesn't matter. I've signed my Season Ticket renewal form once again...just like I did when I saw us get beaten by Rotherham in The Championship.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Premier League 16th-18th May Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Premier League 16th-18th May Discussion Thread

Post by Kimbo Thu May 14, 2009 7:53 pm

GianDeano Zola wrote:Fuck off coke-head...if I was going to listen to anyone on here, it wouldn't be some drugged up drunken cock like you.

lol! I love it.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Thu May 14, 2009 7:54 pm

Premier League 16th-18th May Discussion Thread - Page 2 PollaioloMartyre

This a picture called Martyre de saint Sébastien

- A painting with great resemblance to your great self...

You keep following the crusade that is West Ham! forever blowing them bubbles... always, every day blowing those bubbles... soft and round, a bit daft perhaps but hey perhaps thats why you chose those dodgy Hammers as your team!
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Thu May 14, 2009 7:55 pm

GianDeano Zola wrote:Two footed tackles...

You want to moan about Man United all the time, but when one of your players is a dirty bastard, you call them man of the match. Maybe if you actually went to games you'd see everything. Benayoun going in with two feet too...and then claiming innocence.

I go to most of our home games so don't know what you're on about tobe honest. I went to our home game with the Hammers this year, were you in the away end?

Mascherano is Argetina captain and a bloody good player, I've never though of him as dirty and he's not known to be a dirty player.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Thu May 14, 2009 7:57 pm

Luis wrote:

You want to moan about Man United all the time, but when one of your players is a dirty bastard, you call them man of the match. Maybe if you actually went to games you'd see everything. Benayoun going in with two feet too...and then claiming innocence.

I go to most of our home games so don't know what you're on about tobe honest. I went to our home game with the Hammers this year, were you in the away end?

Mascherano is Argetina captain and a bloody good player, I've never though of him as dirty and he's not known to be a dirty player.

No...It was my birthday that day, so I didn't go. However as you well know, I made the Wednesday night cold trip last year when it ended 4-0.

@FG-I support them because they were local to me. End of. I'm not going to be a gloryhunter supporting Man Utd/Liverpool/Blackburn like most were.
    Luis
    Luis

Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson

Post by Luis Thu May 14, 2009 7:59 pm

GianDeano Zola wrote:
    Luis wrote:

No...It was my birthday that day, so I didn't go. However as you well know, I made the Wednesday night cold trip last year when it ended 4-0.

@FG-I support them because they were local to me. End of. I'm not going to be a gloryhunter supporting Man Utd/Liverpool/Blackburn like most were.

I couldn't go on saturday because it was my brother's birthday Ale

I said we all get decisions at times anyway so don't really think there was a need to start making accusations about our players when I was talking about United but if you want to go down that route then lets talk about Boa Morte.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Thu May 14, 2009 8:01 pm

Boa Morte gives 100%...he indeed does make the odd dirty tackle and lunge, I can admit that.
    Luis
    Luis

Post by Luis Thu May 14, 2009 8:02 pm

GianDeano Zola wrote:Boa Morte gives 100%...he indeed does make the odd dirty tackle and lunge, I can admit that.

Unquestionably he does, he was your biggest threat IMO and he caused us a few problems. Mascherano gives more than 100%, he wears his heart on his sleeve and that's why all Liverpool fans love him. I would admit if I thought he was dirty but the tackle you were talking about IMO was mistimed, nothing more.
    Chocolate Thunder
    Chocolate Thunder

Number of posts : 15804
    Supports : Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool
    Registration date : 2007-01-06

Post by Chocolate Thunder Thu May 14, 2009 8:03 pm

GianDeano Zola wrote:
    Football Genius wrote:
    GianDeano Zola wrote:That's the difference...I never did hide away did I?

I rarely come on anyway...about once every 3/4 days at a push...so that's another flawed argument. I'm too busy going to stadiums to watch my team play.

Laughing Don't you still have to be in competitions to be playing games every 3-4 days...

Still that FA Cup losers medal in 2006 should be pride of your Hammers stories to your children!

lol!

Yup...I'll show them the programme and match ticket to show I was there too...how many of you were?

I can take we aren't a top 5/6 team at current, and probably won't be very soon...but to me that doesn't matter. I've signed my Season Ticket renewal form once again...just like I did when I saw us get beaten by Rotherham in The Championship.

cheers
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Thu May 14, 2009 8:16 pm

I can see were deano is coming from, it can be very annoying arguing with fans who never go to games, its all so easy for people to pick a massive club to support just cos they win all the time, then never go to their games but still come on here and give it the big'un. Its a good job they do in a way or else EMB would be fucked but still it can be annoying.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Post by L r dd Thu May 14, 2009 8:16 pm

Luis wrote:
    L-r d wrote:
    Luis wrote:
    I don't agree with several of the decisions they have got along the way and I think a few in particular have been astonishingly shocking but they aren't the only team who gets decisions so we can't moan too much.

Apart from the Spurs one? (presuming you mean the last 8 games)

Scholes and Ronaldo should have been off in one of the games you had a few weeks ago, can't remember which one it was in all honesty but Scholes committed two bookable offences and got nothing.

You wont agree and many others wont either but also don't think the free kick Ronaldo scored from against City was a free kick, if the defender wins the ball in a challenge IMO it shouldn't be a free kick.

So 'several' decisions in 8 matches. And you've come out with two players should have been sent off...for incidents i certainly cant recall...and a correct free kick being scored from. Stop talking shit luis.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Thu May 14, 2009 8:32 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:I can see were deano is coming from, it can be very annoying arguing with fans who never go to games, its all so easy for people to pick a massive club to support just cos they win all the time, then never go to their games but still come on here and give it the big'un. Its a good job they do in a way or else EMB would be fucked but still it can be annoying.

This is such a bullshit argument Goat

Deano was talking about Mascherano and we end up with this nonsense that we can't have an opinion because we only watched the game on the Tv.

The truth of course is Deano is as one eyed towards his own team as the rest of us. It was so obvious we were just mocking it
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu May 14, 2009 8:40 pm

Sgoater1 wrote:I can see were deano is coming from, it can be very annoying arguing with fans who never go to games, its all so easy for people to pick a massive club to support just cos they win all the time, then never go to their games but still come on here and give it the big'un. Its a good job they do in a way or else EMB would be fucked but still it can be annoying.

You shut the fuck up goater, your posse is joining the club. How does it feel to get bukkaked by a bunch of Arabs? Tell me!! Grr
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Thu May 14, 2009 9:12 pm

Kimbo wrote:

You shut the fuck up goater, your posse is joining the club. How does it feel to get bukkaked by a bunch of Arabs? Tell me!! Grr

I dont know ask your mum ! Laughing
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Thu May 14, 2009 9:16 pm

Yeah, my mum's a City fan aswell! ok
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Thu May 14, 2009 9:19 pm

Yeah, I think you me and deanio are the only ones that have a seasonticket of our respective clubs. Its kinda odd to discuss your clubs homegames on here! Ye should be in the stadium..or at least pay for SKY etc. and not watch it on some dodgy link. But like you say yourself, thanks to those this board can live.

I can understand deano though, the other day I mentioned the dodgy behaviour of pool fans as well!! They are always so hateful to Kuyt, stick behind your players says I!! They are blessed to have him, yet all they talk about is who they should buy next...its a sad world Sad
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Thu May 14, 2009 9:24 pm

Fey wrote:

I can understand deano though, the other day I mentioned the dodgy behaviour of pool fans as well!! They are always so hateful to Kuyt, stick behind your players says I!! They are blessed to have him, yet all they talk about is who they should buy next...its a sad world Sad

History is being rewritten before our very eyes bounce
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Thu May 14, 2009 9:42 pm

COTR wrote:

This is such a bullshit argument Goat

Deano was talking about Mascherano and we end up with this nonsense that we can't have an opinion because we only watched the game on the Tv.

The truth of course is Deano is as one eyed towards his own team as the rest of us. It was so obvious we were just mocking it

Cambridge cheers
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Thu May 14, 2009 9:45 pm

Kimbo wrote:Yeah, my mum's a City fan aswell! ok

and she got bukkaked by a bunch of arabs. Very Happy
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Thu May 14, 2009 11:34 pm

Goater ok.

COTR...You're as one eyed as they come...you are definitely a pirate. You claimed to have watched the match, but you say Mascherano did nothing wrong...I was at the game, and can certainly say he did. I'm not the one on here protecting all my players all the time. I can admit Di Michele was a cock for asking for a penalty/Boa Morte makes some silly lunges...but you can't about your own players!

This is why I mentioned the going to the match issue...as you see more at the stadiums, and I wasn't being told Mascherano did nothing close to dirty when I was there!

@Fey...I was impressed with Kuyt actually...and I think he adds stuff to the team...he should leave and go to a club who appreciates him!
    Di Caniooooo!

Number of posts : 10829
    Supports : West Ham
    Favourite Player : Paolo Di Canio, Moore, Hurst, Peters
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by Di Caniooooo! Fri May 15, 2009 12:37 am

We have to some how beat Everton!
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Fri May 15, 2009 10:26 am

GianDeano Zola wrote:Goater ok.

COTR...You're as one eyed as they come...you are definitely a pirate. You claimed to have watched the match, but you say Mascherano did nothing wrong...I was at the game, and can certainly say he did. I'm not the one on here protecting all my players all the time. I can admit Di Michele was a cock for asking for a penalty/Boa Morte makes some silly lunges...but you can't about your own players!

This is why I mentioned the going to the match issue...as you see more at the stadiums, and I wasn't being told Mascherano did nothing close to dirty when I was there!

@Fey...I was impressed with Kuyt actually...and I think he adds stuff to the team...he should leave and go to a club who appreciates him!

While I agree with you that being in the stadium gives you a much better overall understanding of the match and how the play developed, I don't necessarily agree with the bit in bold. When you're in a stadium, you don't have the benefit of replays, multiple camera angles, and the ability to watch the situation and draw your own conclusions without being influenced by what thousands of biased fellow fans (or away fans) may be screaming.
    Deano
    Deano

Post by Deano Fri May 15, 2009 11:05 am

When you see something first hand, in front of you...I don't think you need more camera angles/replays. The incident was right in front of me, clear as day...

Not everyone sits still for 90 minutes in front of the TV watching the game Kas...there is a possibility you don't see everything too...and I think we can understand that different camera angles don't always mean something conclusive...

That was just another point anyway...the original purpose was that I wasn't going to take rubbish from armchair glory hunters for supporting my local team...all because I saw something quite clear while at the stadium.

It'd be like you watching Messi score from 40 yards at the stadium and someone back on here saying it was from 10.
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Fri May 15, 2009 11:28 am

GianDeano Zola wrote:When you see something first hand, in front of you...I don't think you need more camera angles/replays. The incident was right in front of me, clear as day...

Not everyone sits still for 90 minutes in front of the TV watching the game Kas...there is a possibility you don't see everything too...and I think we can understand that different camera angles don't always mean something conclusive...

That was just another point anyway...the original purpose was that I wasn't going to take rubbish from armchair glory hunters for supporting my local team...all because I saw something quite clear while at the stadium.

It'd be like you watching Messi score from 40 yards at the stadium and someone back on here saying it was from 10.

<Ale>
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Fri May 15, 2009 12:40 pm

Fey wrote:

Yeah, I think you me and deanio are the only ones that have a seasonticket of our respective clubs. Its kinda odd to discuss your clubs homegames on here! Ye should be in the stadium..or at least pay for SKY etc. and not watch it on some dodgy link. But like you say yourself, thanks to those this board can live.

Err... Sheffield gunner has a season ticket you bunch of bitchy bellends Rolling Eyes
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Fri May 15, 2009 1:53 pm

Used to have one.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Fri May 15, 2009 2:03 pm

Allez les rouges wrote:
    Fey wrote:

Err... Sheffield gunner has a season ticket you bunch of bitchy bellends Rolling Eyes

I've been to 9 Spurs home games this season, and TS has been to a fair few, so collectively "Ebony and Ivory" are also season ticket holders Ale

By the way, I agree with Deano that there are facets to a player's game that often go unnoticed for a TV audience -an example for me is that Jenas gets a lot of stick from fans who don't see him play live, but when you go down WHL and see his general movement off the ball, his athleticism and one touch play, you can see why the likes of Jol, Ramos, Capello and Redknapp all seem to rate him so highly.

That said, some supporters simply don't have the opportunity to go and watch their club live for whatever reason ; doesn't make their opinion any less relevant Ale
    Romford Pele
    Romford Pele

Number of posts : 18652
    Supports : Arsenal (Team Progress)
    Favourite Player : Ozil
    Registration date : 2006-10-05

Post by Romford Pele Fri May 15, 2009 2:05 pm

The Tupac Twitch wrote:
    Allez les rouges wrote:
    Fey wrote:

I've been to 9 Spurs home games this season, and TS has been to a fair few, so collectively "Ebony and Ivory" are also season ticket holders Ale

By the way, I agree with Deano that there are facets to a player's game that often go unnoticed for a TV audience -an example for me is that Jenas gets a lot of stick from fans who don't see him play live, but when you go down WHL and see his general movement off the ball, his athleticism and one touch play, you can see why the likes of Jol, Ramos, Capello and Redknapp all seem to rate him so highly.

That said, some supporters simply don't have the opportunity to go and watch their club live for whatever reason ; doesn't make their opinion any less relevant Ale

<Ale>
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Fri May 15, 2009 4:18 pm

The Tupac Twitch wrote:
    Allez les rouges wrote:
    Fey wrote:

Damn! I've been to 8. Would've been 9 if I had gone to the Newcastle game as planned Grr
    Allez les rouges
    Allez les rouges

Number of posts : 8098
    Supports : Deutschland, Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jens Lehmann

Post by Allez les rouges Fri May 15, 2009 5:21 pm

Well I've been to eight in all competitions so maybe that makes me a fraction of a season-ticket holder too...

Well yeah, you win some and you lose some – you get to see the off-the-ball and the formations/overview better, in some ways get a better feel for the overall game, but miss most replays and close-ups and lose some clarity on exactly what happened in some cases or incidents.

Has SG given up his season ticket then? Can I has it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:51 am