Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Unlucky chelsea

The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Unlucky chelsea Empty Unlucky chelsea

Post by The Easter Bunny Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:32 pm

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=408543&CPID=24&clid=144&lid=11&title=L'OM+starlet+in+Chelsea+snub

Marseille starlet Mehdi Benatia has exclusively revealed to skysports.com that he turned down the chance to join Premiership champions Chelsea.

The versatile 19-year-old had attracted interest from The Blues after announcing himself as a bright prospect at Stade Velodrome.

However, Benatia decided against moving to Stamford Bridge after undergoing a trial period under the watchful eye of Jose Mourinho, and has subsequently joined Ligue 2 side Tours for a season in order to gain experience.

Citing the case of Shaun Wright-Phillips, who struggled for playing time in London after joining from Manchester City last summer, the Marseille starlet revealed he was worried about his first team prospects if he had opted to move to Mourinho's star-studded squad.

"I have agreed to do a training period at Chelsea. Then, they have offered me a three-year deal," Benatia told skysports.com.

"But I know they don't trust young players, like Shaun Wright-Phillips, who hasn't played more than ten matches.

"I could earn a lot of money there, but I would stay on the bench, and living that situation abroad, that is not what I want

"Chelsea are impressive, but I am young and I need to play and to compete, that is what I want."

Benatia has already played twice for Tours this season, and after a term in the second tier of French football he is hoping to be given the chance to shine for a Ligue 1 outfit in 2007.

"Marseille have loaned me in order to permit me to prove my skills and to show people I can play football," Benatia added.

"I have had problems with l'OM's directors, so I don't know if my future is there. But if they don't want to keep me, I will look for another elite club.

"My first objective is to have a great season with Ligue 2 side Tours, to help them to avoid relegation, because the staff and the chairman are fantastic.

"Then, I want to play in the first division, Marseille, Bordeaux, Sochaux…I just need the chance to play."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wow a smart footy player dont get many of those
    Hardrada

Number of posts : 2106
    Supports : Chelsea FC
    Favourite Player : GFZ

Unlucky chelsea Empty Re: Unlucky chelsea

Post by Hardrada Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:35 pm

who ?
    Luis

Post by Luis Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:35 pm

good on him!

Chelsea cant have everyone! Very Happy
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:39 pm

did u read the bold bit luis?

thats the important bit
    Luis

Post by Luis Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:42 pm

I did read it mate and he's said what every football fan in the world thinks and knows.

unlucky with that one Jose

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:05 pm