Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Lordanger
COTR
Black Magic
A & K
Parks lives
Allez les rouges
The Pröfessör
Fey
Axeslammer
Deluded F*ck™
Torrente
King Modric
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
Antarion
BoBo Vieri 32
OrangeSky
Kimbo
Isco Benny
Calidad
Super Progress
Fade out
Since 1888
L r dd
TM
Kroos
29 posters

Robben or Ribery - whos more scary for the enemy?

Poll

vote, do you prefer in your team........

[ 13 ]
    Robben or Ribery - whos more scary for the enemy? Bar_left62%Robben or Ribery - whos more scary for the enemy? Bar_right [62%] 
    [ 8 ]
    Robben or Ribery - whos more scary for the enemy? Bar_left38%Robben or Ribery - whos more scary for the enemy? Bar_right [38%] 

Total Votes: 21
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Robben or Ribery - whos more scary for the enemy? Empty Robben or Ribery - whos more scary for the enemy?

Post by Kroos Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:08 pm

who do you think is the

better player -----------ribery
    better finisher----------robben
    better passer ----------ribery
    more vision------------ribery
    better freekick-taker--robben
    easier to take out of the game---robben
    better team player-----ribery
    better "can do spezial things" to decide a game----equal

what do you think?
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Robben or Ribery - whos more scary for the enemy? Empty Re: Robben or Ribery - whos more scary for the enemy?

Post by TM Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:26 pm

Robben > Ribery IMO. He just happens to be made out of glass and hence will only ever live up to a small fraction of his true potential.
    L r dd

Number of posts : 12451
    Registration date : 2008-12-22

Robben or Ribery - whos more scary for the enemy? Empty Re: Robben or Ribery - whos more scary for the enemy?

Post by L r dd Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Both overated players who couldn't cut it at big teams.
    Since 1888
    Since 1888

Number of posts : 5171
    Supports : Sparta Rotterdam
    Favourite Player : Sepp de Roover
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Since 1888 Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:10 pm

Yeah Robben was really a total failure at Chelsea and Real. Not overrated, just injury prone.
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:14 pm

Robben for club

Ribery for NT
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:19 pm

Since 1888 wrote:Yeah Robben was really a total failure at Chelsea and Real. Not overrated, just injury prone.

Neither team will remember him in 10 years.
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:22 pm

lol robben would rape out the shit of any current player in his position chelsea and real have

malouda, cole <<<<< robben

and what the hell of an player has real in left/right midfield ? gutI??
    Fade out
    Fade out

Number of posts : 6128
    Favourite Player : Baggio (he outshone Zidane when played together at Juve)
    Registration date : 2008-07-06

Post by Fade out Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:23 pm

robben in current Real team...can't stop drooling. It's a sham he got sold.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:52 pm

Robben was great for Chelsea and played quite well for Real aswell. His big problem is injuries really. Other then that he is a world class player. With that said im happy we sold him because he was too expensive a bench player and he would probably have caused problems if he was put on the bench.

If I had to choose between Ribery and Robben for Real Madrid then I would pick Ribery. Robben was too selfish and direct to function in our team and for a winger he just didn't produce enough chances for others. Of course for Bayern it won't be a problem if somebody can just make up for that problem.
    L r dd

Post by L r dd Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:56 pm

World class players don't find themselves on the bench often.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:57 pm

I just love watching Ribery play. He's always full on enthusiasm and determination, and combine that with his natural ability, I think he's a fantastic player.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:35 pm

Özil wrote:who do you think is the

better player -----------ribery
    better finisher----------robben
    better passer ----------ribery
    more vision------------ribery
    better freekick-taker--robben
    easier to take out of the game---robben
    better team player-----ribery
    better "can do spezial things" to decide a game----equal

what do you think?

Ozil

Did you see that Rooney scored his 14th goal in 14 games for Man United, 21 goals so far just in the league?

And you ask what else there is to his game - try watching his control to hold the ball up and pass to Nani before accelerating 50 yards up the pitch and scoring with his first touch without breaking his stride.

Robben or Ribery - whos more scary for the enemy? 2_0_rooney-newzstz

Are you getting it yet? It's HUMILIATING

Carry on hyping up Bayern's two massively inconsistent players instead.

for the record, Ribery over Robben. Robben lacks a World Class footballing brain, despite having all the technical skills necessary.

Both better than any German winger though, so it's a start Ale
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:39 pm

Heck of a finish.
    OrangeSky
    OrangeSky

Number of posts : 363
    Supports : AFC Ajax
    Favourite Player : Dennis Bergkamp
    Registration date : 2009-12-28

Post by OrangeSky Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:36 pm

Why must we chose? They play so well together.

Ribery has become quite injury prone as well. So that is not even really a advantage Ribery has over him. I would probably take Ribery over Robben as well, love how well Ribery makes everyone around him look. What he has done in France and Germany has been amazing, so consistent, just a powerhouse player in every sense of the word.
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:46 pm

basler
    Antarion
    Antarion

Number of posts : 3382
    Supports : Germany, Bayern
    Favourite Player : Müller, Neuer and Schürrle
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Antarion Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:47 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:basler

Robben or Ribery - whos more scary for the enemy? Basler

Number of posts : 4759
    Supports : Italia and Milan
    Registration date : 2007-05-10

Post by Forza Italia!Forza Milan! Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:05 am

Spider Crouch wrote:

for the record, Ribery over Robben. Robben lacks a World Class footballing brain, despite having all the technical skills necessary.

Interesting perspective you bring up here, and I think one that gets overlooked far too many times when discussing whether players are world class or not or even simply good.

I think it is the footballing brain that guarantees longevity also. Nesta has one. Totti has one as well (despite being not so bright off the field).

I think between Robben and Ribery, if I had to decide on raw talent, then I would say Robben. Very direct player with amazing speed and ball control. However, Ribery's career has been more consistent for obvious reasons.
    King Modric
    King Modric

Number of posts : 910
    Supports : Real Madrid, soft spot for Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Modric, Casillas, Alonso, Jese, Isco, Bale
    Registration date : 2008-12-09

Post by King Modric Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:06 am

I'd rather have Robben. I find it funny that the Madridista press were all clamouring for Ribery last summer and now that Robben gets to play in the Bundesliga, it's clear that he's easily Ribery's equal. Arjen has proven himself in the EPL and La Liga where Ribery is completely unknown. Beyond that, Robben is frightening on the dribble and his direct style is very effective. Its easy to call him selfish but given the crap he had to work with last year, I don't blame him.
    OrangeSky
    OrangeSky

Number of posts : 363
    Supports : AFC Ajax
    Favourite Player : Dennis Bergkamp
    Registration date : 2009-12-28

Post by OrangeSky Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:41 pm

King Pipita wrote:I'd rather have Robben. I find it funny that the Madridista press were all clamouring for Ribery last summer and now that Robben gets to play in the Bundesliga, it's clear that he's easily Ribery's equal. Arjen has proven himself in the EPL and La Liga where Ribery is completely unknown. Beyond that, Robben is frightening on the dribble and his direct style is very effective. Its easy to call him selfish but given the crap he had to work with last year, I don't blame him.

Before Robben was sent to Bayern, Ribery was playing for Bayern. Ribery has been the best player in the entire German league for me, he single handly masterminds Bayern's attacks and their reliance on his capabilities used to be shocking. I realize the French league is not the best league in the world, but people did know about Ribery when he was in France as well. Hard to compare two players and formulate an opinion when you only watch one though Wink
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:21 pm

King Pipita wrote:I'd rather have Robben. I find it funny that the Madridista press were all clamouring for Ribery last summer and now that Robben gets to play in the Bundesliga, it's clear that he's easily Ribery's equal. Arjen has proven himself in the EPL and La Liga where Ribery is completely unknown. Beyond that, Robben is frightening on the dribble and his direct style is very effective. Its easy to call him selfish but given the crap he had to work with last year, I don't blame him.

This is a point I kept making last season when people kept attacking Robben for being too selfish. If one looks up and has Raul, Gago, and Drenthe in front of them, you'd be crazy to want to pass the ball. Not to mention, solid players like VdV and Sneijder were pretty crap last season as well, so no big desire to pass to them either.

Robben is certainly selfish, but no more than the likes of Ronaldo and Arshavin. Selfishness is usually an intrinsic quality for players that are great dribblers (even Messi is selfish, but not as bad as the ones above).

At this stage Robben is far ahead than Ribery for me. Robben has proven himself in two of the biggest leagues and he's had at least one great tournament with his country (Euro 2004).

Robben also has that fear factor that no other player besides Messi has at this moment IMO. With Robben you only feel relaxed if he has more than two players in front of him (like the army that Benitez put on him in the CL). Otherwise he can just take players on for fun.
    King Modric
    King Modric

Number of posts : 910
    Supports : Real Madrid, soft spot for Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Modric, Casillas, Alonso, Jese, Isco, Bale
    Registration date : 2008-12-09

Post by King Modric Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:35 pm

OrangeSky wrote:

Before Robben was sent to Bayern, Ribery was playing for Bayern. Ribery has been the best player in the entire German league for me, he single handly masterminds Bayern's attacks and their reliance on his capabilities used to be shocking. I realize the French league is not the best league in the world, but people did know about Ribery when he was in France as well. Hard to compare two players and formulate an opinion when you only watch one though Wink

I worded that poorly. Ribery is unknown insofar as whether he can cut it in those leagues which IMO are tougher than the others. Both have shown their quality in the Bundesliga but Robben has already proven himself in England and Spain where Ribery has not.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:47 pm

At their best - Robben without a doubt.

His form From November 2004 to Febuary 2005 was possibly the most dominant stretch that I've seen from any player in the Premier League.

I like Ribery too, but he's not done it in a big 3 league.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:18 pm

But Damien Duff was also hot shit during that period too. Worth thinking about that.

I think Robbem is, in terms of natural individual talent, an exceptional player.

But , even in his time at Chelsea, he would run with the ball alot and banged a fair few goals in, but he never showed that footballing nous that you see from the very top players, ie bringing other players into the game, threading passes inbetween defenders, being the fulcrum of attacks, that kind of thing.

He was a lot like a fleet footed Forrest Gump - give him the ball and if he got past the last defender he would shoot.

It worked for awhile when he had the "unknown" factor, but once EPL defenders worked him out, he got nullified quite often.

Ribery seems a smarter player to me from what I've seen. Gifted with the ball, but can also change his style of play when his mazy dribbles are getting him nowhere against tough opposition.
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:37 pm

Spider Crouch wrote:But Damien Duff was also hot shit during that period too. Worth thinking about that.

I think Robbem is, in terms of natural individual talent, an exceptional player.

But , even in his time at Chelsea, he would run with the ball alot and banged a fair few goals in, but he never showed that footballing nous that you see from the very top players, ie bringing other players into the game, threading passes inbetween defenders, being the fulcrum of attacks, that kind of thing.

He was a lot like a fleet footed Forrest Gump - give him the ball and if he got past the last defender he would shoot.

It worked for awhile when he had the "unknown" factor, but once EPL defenders worked him out, he got nullified quite often.

Ribery seems a smarter player to me from what I've seen. Gifted with the ball, but can also change his style of play when his mazy dribbles are getting him nowhere against tough opposition.

This. Not only smarter but more versatile and consistent. He's also much more of a team player.

I do like Robben though, I just prefer Ribery.
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:39 pm

Torrente wrote: With Robben you only feel relaxed if he has more than two players in front of him.

Spot on ok

The last few weeks in the Bundesliga they've put two man on him....and he just takes 'm on and beats them Shocked

The other points are valid too : Ribery isn't as dangerous/brilliant himself, but he'll make the other players play better.

You can't really compare the two IMO Ale
    Fey
    Fey

Number of posts : 35349
    Supports : Feyenoord and Manchester United
    Favourite Player : ??#$ Error, John Guidetti, Jordy Clasie

Post by Fey Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:31 pm

Robben!

Robben or Ribery - whos more scary for the enemy? 6ff09c06-57e0-4d24-bb59-6d5a510a49b0_Robben116_pro_397

Seine Unterhose ist der Hammer!!!11
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:44 pm

Spider Crouch wrote:But Damien Duff was also hot shit during that period too. Worth thinking about that.

That's because he's mainly a forward, he's comparable to Cristiano Ronaldo; wouldn't u accuse Ronaldo of the same things?

Ribery is more of a midfielder, so he's naturally more of a team player than Robben. I should also state Ribery relies far more on dribbling than passing.

Ribery's vision is nothing special IMO, he appears to have more far more awareness than Robben because he thinks like a midfielder, so his 1st instinct is to pass the ball anywhere near on goal whereas Robben's 1st instinct would be to shoot on goal(forwards are generally selfish - doesn't mean they aren't aware of what's around them).

I think Robben is the better player because he's more ruthless.

I wanted us to spend all the Adebayor money on him but we don't go above 15m, unfortunately.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:45 pm

I was under the impression they were both wingers Prof. That was Robben's position at Chelsea at least.

Both are very gifted individual footballers I think it's fair to say, but neither have the footballing brain to rival a Messi , Rooney, Iniesta, Fabregas or Kaka.

But football needs dribblers, and both are in the top bracket where beating a man is concerned (ooh matron)
    Kroos
    Kroos

Post by Kroos Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:04 pm

what would have manu won without ronaldo? he has no brain too compared to real brainers lol
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Spider Crouch wrote:I was under the impression they were both wingers

Winger as in 4-3-3 front line winger Robben and 4-4-2 midfield winger Ribery...

Spider Crouch wrote:
    but neither have the footballing brain to rival a Messi , Rooney, Iniesta, Fabregas or Kaka.

Shocked

You just completely lost me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:13 pm