Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Isco Benny
Aristoskank
shazlx
Murray
Pierre Littbarski
Brian2468
Six
BoBo Vieri 32
Kimbo
Matt_AFC
debaser
fcb
Luis
COTR
Kroos
19 posters

whos favourite for the EURO 2012

Poll

vote

[ 6 ]
    whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Bar_left21%whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Bar_right [21%] 
    [ 3 ]
    whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Bar_left10%whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Bar_right [10%] 
    [ 0 ]
    whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Bar_left0%whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Bar_left3%whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 1 ]
    whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Bar_left3%whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Bar_right [3%] 
    [ 0 ]
    whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Bar_left0%whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    [ 7 ]
    whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Bar_left24%whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Bar_right [24%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 9 ]
    whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Bar_left31%whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Bar_right [31%] 

Total Votes: 29
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Empty whos favourite for the EURO 2012

Post by Kroos Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:49 am

1. Spain
    2. Germany

i think spain will be the team to beat again, only xavi will be 32 then, the rest is in best footballing age
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Empty Re: whos favourite for the EURO 2012

Post by COTR Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:51 am

Scotland ?
    Kroos
    Kroos

Number of posts : 9049
    Supports : FC Bayern Munich, die MANNSCHAFT
    Favourite Player : Kroos, Müller, Götze, Neuer, Gündogan

Post by Kroos Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:56 am

COTR wrote:Scotland ?

be happy that i included england lol!
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:32 pm

England will be even worse. Gerrard, Terry, Rio and Lampard will be on the verge of retirement, Crouch and Heskey shouldn't be near the team and Rooney will be relied upon yet again.
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:38 pm

Belgium to do a Germany and go deep despite having a young team.

Germany to win thanks to having the closest thing to a home crowd out of all the top nations.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Wouldn't even count on Belgium qualifying, Kas.

They are in a nasty group with Germany, Austria and Turkey.

Favourites will be Germany, Spain, Dutch. Maybe Italy, France if they've sorted themselves out a bit.
    Matt_AFC
    Matt_AFC

Number of posts : 922
    Supports : Arsenal,Benfica
    Registration date : 2009-10-25

Post by Matt_AFC Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:51 pm

germany
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Luis wrote:England will be even worse. Gerrard, Terry, Rio and Lampard will be on the verge of retirement, Crouch and Heskey shouldn't be near the team and Rooney will be relied upon yet again.

What's your point here Lulu? That the no-hopers will still be hanging around, or that they won't be as amazing as they are now?
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:06 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Luis wrote:England will be even worse. Gerrard, Terry, Rio and Lampard will be on the verge of retirement, Crouch and Heskey shouldn't be near the team and Rooney will be relied upon yet again.

What's your point here Lulu? That the no-hopers will still be hanging around, or that they won't be as amazing as they are now?

I think a mixture of both, though i'd reword it to say "They'll be even worse trhan they are now".
    Six
    Six

Number of posts : 4390
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2009-01-14

Post by Six Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:48 pm

BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

I think a mixture of both, though i'd reword it to say "They'll be even worse trhan they are now".

Maybe Capello might actually try to use one of them the same way they are used at their clubs? affraid
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:51 pm

Six wrote:
    BoBo Vieri 32 wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:

Maybe Capello might actually try to use one of them the same way they are used at their clubs? affraid

I doubt it, he's a dinasour and he's very stubborn. For about 6 years now he seems very attached to the classic 4-4-2 but this formation seems to be pretty much dead at the highest level and of course it's not the best fit for the players England have.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:05 pm

He's going to play Gerrard off Rooney and we will start dominating. I'm guessing that is his plan.
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:03 pm

Kimbo wrote:He's going to play Gerrard off Rooney and we will start dominating. I'm guessing that is his plan.

Makes sense with what we have. In two years Milner should be a good center mid. <Ale> <Ale> <Ale> <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:16 pm

Brian2468 wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:He's going to play Gerrard off Rooney and we will start dominating. I'm guessing that is his plan.

Makes sense with what we have. In two years Milner should be a good center mid. <Ale> <Ale> <Ale> <Ale>

FUCK OFF WITH MILNER! He's a small weak Dirk Kuyt ffs!

Anyway, it doesn't make sense to me, yes Gerrard has been out of position, but he will always be a selfish player and i've no faith in him ever doing it for England. He's 30 now and he has most probably peaked.
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:21 pm

I'd love to give my favourites in order but I'd be accused of being anti-German Rolling Eyes
    Brian2468

Post by Brian2468 Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:25 pm

Kimbo wrote:
    Brian2468 wrote:

Anyway, it doesn't make sense to me, yes Gerrard has been out of position, but he will always be a selfish player and i've no faith in him ever doing it for England. He's 30 now and he has most probably peaked.

Kuyt does not play center midfield Milner does you better hope he grows into a good middle player we have no one left.

Anyway time for 3-5-2. Ale Ale Ale Ale
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:40 pm

Brian2468 wrote:
    Kimbo wrote:
    Brian2468 wrote:

Kuyt does not play center midfield Milner does you better hope he grows into a good middle player we have no one left.

Anyway time for 3-5-2. Ale Ale Ale Ale

Why do you think we have no CM prospects? scratch
    Brian2468

Post by Brian2468 Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:54 pm

Show me 6 fulltime CM prospects playing in the EPL and we can compare them to Milner who has only played a year in the EPL in that position.
    Murray
    Murray

Number of posts : 10247

Post by Murray Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:07 pm

COTR wrote:Scotland ?

whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Lol

Pigs will fly if we qualify.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:23 pm

Brian2468 wrote:Show me 6 fulltime CM prospects playing in the EPL and we can compare them to Milner who has only played a year in the EPL in that position.

scratch You've been advocating playing Milner in DM alongside Huddlestone haven't you? Isn't Petrov is Villa's DM?

Milner is a possible in AM, but i don't fancy him over Cole or Johnson, then there's Wiltshire and Cleverly coming through. Milner is a stop gap man, a squad player. He's just lucky we don't start calling up foreigners like Arteta and N'Zogbia like the Jormens would do. <Ale>
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:41 pm

How is this a bad thing?
    shazlx
    shazlx

Number of posts : 5564
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Jack Wilshire
    Registration date : 2006-11-08

Post by shazlx Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Brian2468 wrote:Show me 6 fulltime CM prospects playing in the EPL and we can compare them to Milner who has only played a year in the EPL in that position.
    This is quite embarrasing. Milner has proven nothing as a CM. His best position is probably RB.

Kimbo wrote:

scratch You've been advocating playing Milner in DM alongside Huddlestone haven't you? Isn't Petrov is Villa's DM?

Milner is a possible in AM, but i don't fancy him over Cole or Johnson, then there's Wiltshire and Cleverly coming through. Milner is a stop gap man, a squad player. He's just lucky we don't start calling up foreigners like Arteta and N'Zogbia like the Jormens would do. <Ale>

ok And I'm sure others will come into the picture the way Jagielka bacame a very good PL CB.
    Aristoskank
    Aristoskank

Number of posts : 9733
    Registration date : 2008-09-19

Post by Aristoskank Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:16 pm

shazlx wrote:ok And I'm sure others will come into the picture the way Jagielka bacame a very good PL CB.

Precisely. Two years ago no one would have picked Milner in their starting XI for England, and though many still wouldn't, quite a lot of people are now seeing him shine at Villa and rating him higher.

Players can suddenly improve so a lot of players who might now seem a bit mediocre could get their acts together over the next 18 months in time to be of some use at the Euros, and over the next three and a half years I expect we'll find the new Wayne Rooney.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:31 pm

shazlx wrote:
    This is quite embarrasing. Milner has proven nothing as a CM. His best position is probably RB.

Are you being a funny man? Because that's not really funny, man.
    Brian2468

Post by Brian2468 Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:42 pm

shazlx wrote:

Kimbo wrote:

ok And I'm sure others will come into the picture the way Jagielka bacame a very good PL CB.

The only embarrassing comments come from other foolish people do that do not point out 6 players right now that can walk into the England CM position other than Milner......... Rolling Eyes
    Who has had a good season with his club playing there. not AM or DM a fucking CM...cheers

I am not claiming him to be the best other than a good coachable player. lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Kimbo wrote:

No YOU got it wrong BUSTER!!! Only as a CM CM CM get it BUSTER I do not like DM players but said he is coachable to play a position in the middle.

Right at this time then we have fuck all this is the point Milner as a CM other than the old guard.....Ale
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Spain have to be favourites.

Its hard to see who is 2nd but I'll probably go for Italy now they have a modern manager.

I'm not sure we'll even qualify...

whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Hitzfeld

whos favourite for the EURO 2012 Vucinic_1423091c

pale

Don't particularly rate Germany's chances because in the last 3 tournies you can say they were close but it would be just as true to say they were a million miles away - they lost in ET v Italy and twice by one goal v Spain but both Spain teams and Italy were comfortably better than them.

Toni Kroos is fantastic and they'll probably fuck their team up by trying to fit him in with Oezil.

France could be suprisingly good.

I'll prob go:

1. Spain
    2. Italy & France
    3. Holland
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:52 pm

I'm still worried about our defence to rank us as favourites. We'll have to see how Ranocchia and Bonucci develop. Don't think Chiellini + Gamberini will be good enough.

Last edited by BoBo Vieri 32 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:52 pm

Brian2468 wrote:No YOU got it wrong BUSTER!!! Only as a CM CM CM get it BUSTER I do not like DM players but said he is coachable to play a position in the middle.

Right at this time then we have fuck all this is the point Milner as a CM other than the old guard.....Ale

So you're saying you WOULDN'T play a DM next to Huddlestone? You realise he can't move? There's a reason he needs Palacios next to him at Spurs.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:58 pm

Italy and France will be vastly better this time around. Not that I think they will be favourites, but certainly improved.

England - could go eitherway. If changes are made now, and we adopt a more modern approach in terms of tactics and bringing in - and keeping faith - in some new talent, whilst expecting Rooney to sort his head out and prove himself a la Euro 2004, then we should qualify comfortably and actually have a half decent tournament.

The favourites have got to be Germany and Spain. Boring, but the 2 best European teams over the last 2 years, followed by Holland.
    Brian2468

Post by Brian2468 Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:06 am

Kimbo wrote:
    Brian2468 wrote:No YOU got it wrong BUSTER!!! Only as a CM CM CM get it BUSTER I do not like DM players but said he is coachable to play a position in the middle.

So you're saying you WOULDN'T play a DM next to Huddlestone? You realise he can't move? There's a reason he needs Palacios next to him at Spurs.
    Have you been drinking with Gazza who said I would pick Huddlestone? the slate is clean after this WC fresh blood should be brought in and Milner is fresh enough to stay and you many have to live with it...... cheers rendeer

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:09 pm