Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Machiavel
DS
Mulletmassive
Axeslammer
Keano Is God
Dick Grayson
Tweesus
The-Frank-Tavern
COTR
Pirlo
14 posters

MAN UTD 42 MILLION BID FOR ADRIANO??!!!

Pirlo
    Pirlo

Number of posts : 2750
    Supports : AC Milan
    Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

MAN UTD 42 MILLION BID FOR ADRIANO??!!! Empty MAN UTD 42 MILLION BID FOR ADRIANO??!!!

Post by Pirlo Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:27 am

Utd prepare £42m Adriano bid

Manchester United will reportedly make Inter an impressive offer for star striker Adriano at some stage this week.

The Premiership club need to replace Ruud Van Nistelrooy after his departure to Real Madrid and have set their sights on the Brazilian international, but the proposed swoop is set to be problematic.

United officials are expected in Milan in order to understand whether an agreement can be reached with the Via Durini outfit, who earlier this summer insisted that the Emperor is untransferable.

Whispers suggest that the Old Trafford outfit are supposedly ready to offer a massive £42m for the 24-year-old, a bid that may tempt owner Massimo Moratti to consider his options.

Nevertheless, the chances of a sale look slim now that prime target Luca Toni has snubbed a move to Milan in favour of staying in Florence.

The Nerazzurri also strengthened their attack by signing Hernan Crespo on Monday and still hope to net Zlatan Ibrahimovic from Juventus even if rivals Milan are also keen.

With Obafemi Martins set to move on, with Liverpool and Newcastle interested, further departures from Inter seem highly improbable.

Especially as Coach Roberto Mancini has reiterated that he needs at least five forwards at his disposal for this season.

Adriano has spent the last two seasons at Inter following his switch from Parma back in January 2004.

Although he has scored 38 goals for the San Siro giants, the international has struggled for fitness and form over the last 12 months.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somehow, i really don't think so. lol!

Not for 42 million anyway.
    L r d

MAN UTD 42 MILLION BID FOR ADRIANO??!!! Empty Re: MAN UTD 42 MILLION BID FOR ADRIANO??!!!

Post by L r d Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:28 am

You bastard... I just spat milk out of my mouth laughing when I read that title. Embarassed
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

MAN UTD 42 MILLION BID FOR ADRIANO??!!! Empty Re: MAN UTD 42 MILLION BID FOR ADRIANO??!!!

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:28 am

sorry you don´t think inter would sell for 42 million POUNDS, if they don´t they must be fooking mad
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:28 am

wait till nutty hears this

one of the most ridiculous things ive ever heard Smile
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:29 am

Adriano ain't worth any more than £20m... NO WAY!
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:32 am

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:sorry you don´t think inter would sell for 42 million POUNDS, if they don´t they must be fooking mad

He represents something of a talismanic figure for Moratti though, even if he is a cunt. He is, in theory, the "next best player in the world" along with Kaká, so I can't imagine he'll be sold unless he has a massive desire to leave. Something I doubt he has now that Veron has been sold.
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Favourite Player : Andrea Pirlo, Maldini, Costacurta, Nesta, Redondo, Rui Costa, R. Baggio, Sheva, Boban, Albertini, Seedorf, Kaka!

Post by Pirlo Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:33 am

Obispo wrote:You bastard... I just spat milk out of my mouth laughing when I read that title. Embarassed

Laughing

I couldn't believe it! I am currently scouring the Italian press and Calciomercato to see where this story originates from!!!

In England, have there been any links in the medias for this transfer?
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:34 am

Pirlo wrote:
    Obispo wrote:You bastard... I just spat milk out of my mouth laughing when I read that title. Embarassed

Laughing

I couldn't believe it! I am currently scouring the Italian press and Calciomercato to see where this story originates from!!!

In England, have there been any links in the medias for this transfer?

No, not even the Daily Sport would run this story
    Pirlo
    Pirlo

Post by Pirlo Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:34 am

I FIND IT!! It originated in Gazzetta! Shocked

Per Adriano ora ci prova il Manchester Utd

11:27 del 09 agosto

Il club inglese ci sta pensando, ma e' dura.
    Certo che con l'arrivo di Crespo e quello probabile di Ibrahimovic, il reparto offensivo dell'Inter diverrebbe affollato.
    Non e' escluso che nei prossimi giorni i Red Devils presentino un'offerta all'Inter.
    A sua volta pronta a respingerla almeno che non si tratti di cifre intonro ai 50-60 milioni di euro. (Gazzetta dello Sport)
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:34 am

1) Man U don't have 42 million pounds to spend on one striker who is temperamental at best, had a shoddy World Cup, was inconsistent all last season and who may not adapt

2) Adriano wouldn't leave Inter (pretty much guaranteed the Serie A league title next season) to go to Man U

3) This story reeks of trying to sell newspapers - where's it from, a tabloid?
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:35 am

Obispo wrote:
    The-Frank-Tavern wrote:sorry you don´t think inter would sell for 42 million POUNDS, if they don´t they must be fooking mad

He represents something of a talismanic figure for Moratti though, even if he is a cunt. He is, in theory, the "next best player in the world" along with Kaká, so I can't imagine he'll be sold unless he has a massive desire to leave. Something I doubt he has now that Veron has been sold.

*in theory* - as in 'because he is Brazilian'
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:35 am

saints that avatar is worse than the last one
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:36 am

Tweedledum wrote:
    Obispo wrote:

*in theory* - as in 'because he is Brazilian'

As in he is Strong, lightning quick and extremely skillful. Not to mention a very good finisher when on form.

You're telling me that an on-form Adriano isn't amongst the best players in the world?
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:37 am

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:saints that avatar is worse than the last one

yerh I can't view any posts at work that have saints posts in.. far too obvious Rolling Eyes
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Number of posts : 5265
    Supports : AC Milan, RM and MU (82-09)
    Favourite Player : DB7 Becks CR7 TRW
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Dick Grayson Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:40 am

Adriano to Man Utd is a good proposition for BOTH!

After El Red Nino - Adriano would be my 2nd choice!

BRING THEM ALL ON i say!!!
    Keano Is God
    Keano Is God

Number of posts : 439
    Supports : Manchester United and Celtic
    Favourite Player : Student

Post by Keano Is God Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:41 am

Even if man u had that money id rather see it spent on a midfielder like gattuso, de rossi or mascherano and spend the rest on a decent striker like huntelaar, tevez or defoe
    Keano Is God
    Keano Is God

Number of posts : 439
    Supports : Manchester United and Celtic
    Favourite Player : Student

Post by Keano Is God Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:41 am

Even if man u had that money id rather see it spent on a midfielder like gattuso, de rossi or mascherano and spend the rest on a decent striker like huntelaar, tevez or defoe
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:46 am

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:saints that avatar is worse than the last one

Fine, you killjoy, I'll give you the option of 3, count 'em, 3 different avatars, all animated, and you get to choose which one I use as an avatar for the next week or so. Okay? That way you've got no complaints.

Choice 1 - Zidane headbutt
    MAN UTD 42 MILLION BID FOR ADRIANO??!!! Headbuttsomersault

Choice 2 - Elisha Cuthbert being naughty:
    MAN UTD 42 MILLION BID FOR ADRIANO??!!! Post122311286144655xk8fb150b02dc156

Choice 3 - Attempted suicide, from Fight Club
    MAN UTD 42 MILLION BID FOR ADRIANO??!!! Avatar77870_90
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:47 am

elisha every day
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:47 am

...Oh this is a toughy Rolling Eyes
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:50 am

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:elisha every day
    seconded
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:20 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:elisha every day

yes please

(I'd vote for *anything* to be honest, the current one drives me up the walls...)
    Mulletmassive
    Mulletmassive

Number of posts : 241

Post by Mulletmassive Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:58 pm

stick with the hoff!
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:00 pm

mullett shut it it´s blooody awful
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:43 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:mullett shut it it´s blooody awful

OI!!!!!!

MAN UTD 42 MILLION BID FOR ADRIANO??!!! Thehoff-shop-large
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:45 pm

we want elisha
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:17 pm

This looks like just another newspaper story, Man Utd doesnt have 42 million and even if we do wont spend it on a striker.
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:20 pm

BilalShah wrote:This looks like just another newspaper story, Man Utd doesnt have 42 million and even if we do wont spend it on a striker.
    nutwing told us you had about 75 million.. 18 million gone on carrick so u just never know

bounce bounce
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:31 pm

wait a second!

If United had '£75M'

WHY ARE THEY NOT BIDDING FOR MASCHERANO!!!
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:31 pm

COTR wrote:
    BilalShah wrote:This looks like just another newspaper story, Man Utd doesnt have 42 million and even if we do wont spend it on a striker.
    nutwing told us you had about 75 million.. 18 million gone on carrick so u just never know

bounce bounce

We max had 25 m without the sale.
    Even if we had 40 m , he would go for a striker 20m and a midfielder 20m.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:12 pm