Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
The Easter Bunny
Nightwing
Tweesus
7 posters

Mourinho set to give up on Ashley Cole

S4P

Mourinho set to give up on Ashley Cole Empty Mourinho set to give up on Ashley Cole

Post by S4P Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:17 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4778123.stm

A bit silly of Arsenal really. I remember Wenger saying that he'd consider a £15m bid for him from Real Madrid, yet we offer £20m and he says £25m is the minimum.

I think Wenger may regret this. It's obvious Ash doesn't want to stay there, we're offering £20m (a generous offer imo) and Flamini has proven more than capable that he can fill the role of LB with relative ease.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Mourinho set to give up on Ashley Cole Empty Re: Mourinho set to give up on Ashley Cole

Post by Tweesus Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:19 pm

I just want to sell himo now...

The deal will be back on by a couple of days...you watch Wink

IMO about £18m
    Nightwing
    Nightwing

Number of posts : 4563
    Supports : Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : The Red Wiz (C.Ronaldo)
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Mourinho set to give up on Ashley Cole Empty Re: Mourinho set to give up on Ashley Cole

Post by Nightwing Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:21 pm

I was in gym last yesterday talking to a Gooner m8 - AC is foooked if he is not sold to Chavksi fooked if he is!! Laughing
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:23 pm

N18WNG wrote:I was in gym last yesterday talking to a Gooner m8 - AC is foooked if he is not sold to Chavksi fooked if he is!! Laughing

Thats the first post i've ever seen you make that isn't based on Man utd or how shit robinho is Shocked Wink
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson

Post by The Easter Bunny Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:26 pm

wow i hope cole refuses to play lol
    he wont be happy
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:35 pm

Cole will be a Chelsea player before the deadline, there is no way Arsenal can keep him and play him. There is no point having him there sitting on the wage bill doing nothing. Basically they have to hold out for the best deal but at the end of the day they have to sell. IMO its just a question of time.
    poiuy1

Number of posts : 2654

Post by poiuy1 Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:04 am

So if Chelsea can't get him what will they do?

Go after Carlos?
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:37 am

Lahm is an option can play rb and lb.
    Bayern may sell at 20m.
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:01 am

Arsenal have misjudged this one. If 18 is a lot for Carrick then it's one HELL of a lot for a moody leftback who can't cross. Anything over 15 is an excellent price for a fullback who wants to leave, and Arsenal could buy both a left-sided winger and a leftback for the money (assuming Wenger has something lined up, which he bloody should have).

I think Arsenal are getting greedy and it may backfire, the deal may go south and Arsenal may be stuck with Ashley...
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:04 am

I think I agree with you Saints, Chelsea have clearly realised what we are doing and have released this statement so that Arsenal act.

I imagie the deal still to go through though, probably by the weekend
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:04 am

saints firstly i like the avatar. i think arsenal are prepared to play hard ball on this and rightly so. There are not lots of options for chelsea and RC must be an alternative option, so what happens then they sell to RM, perhaps at a lesser price than they quoted chelsea but then they are not a EPL rival, and as for LB option, i think he´ll give Clichy a go and why not looks a decent prospect suited to arsenal style of play

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:42 pm