Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Hardrada
Deluded F*ck™
poiuy1
Sgoater1
8 posters

Trabelsi signs for City :D

Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Trabelsi signs for City :D Empty Trabelsi signs for City :D

Post by Sgoater1 Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:52 pm

Hatem Trabelsi has become Stuart Pearce’s sixth signing of the summer, joining City after leaving Ajax Amsterdam as a free agent.

Speaking after the capture of the Tunisian skipper, Manager Stuart Pearce exclusively told mcfc.co.uk: “Hatem’s joining us subject to a work permit and we’re delighted to have him here. I think he’s one of the best Bosman’s of the summer personally.”

The 29-year-old right back joins on an initial one-year deal with the option of a further two years and Pearce added: “He’ll be an attacking option for us.

“He gets forward well and he’s decent with the ball at his feet and he’s got a lot of energy.”

Trabelsi comes to the Blues with a host of international and European experience having played in three World Cup campaigns as well as clocking up numerous Champions League appearances during his five years with Ajax.

Pearce said: “The fact that he’s played at the highest level in Europe – the Champions League – regularly, been to three World Cups with his country, captains his country so it’s a good CV.

“I’ve watched him play for Ajax over the last three years and been very impressed with him. He’s an attacking full-back we’re just waiting on that work permit now.”
    poiuy1

Number of posts : 2654

Trabelsi signs for City :D Empty Re: Trabelsi signs for City :D

Post by poiuy1 Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:53 pm

citeh are really going in the right direction
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:56 pm

That's a fantastic signing. If he regains his form of 3 years ago He's one of the best RB's in the EPL.

--------------------James
    Trabelsi------Dunn------Distin---------Thatcher

Looks pretty solid.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:00 pm

Yeah im really pleased with him, on a free transfer i think its very good buisness. I wish we had got him on a longer deal cos i always worry he will do well and then fuck off to a bigger team, but then again due to his fitness problems its the best thing to do.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:04 pm

Transfers so far:

Dabo - Free
    Trabelsi - Free
    Hamann - £400k
    Corradi - £1m
    Hart £600k
    Dickov - Free

For £2m spent Pearce has worked wonders. Plus we have made nearly £2m selling Croft, BWP, Flood etc.
    Hardrada

Number of posts : 2106
    Supports : Chelsea FC
    Favourite Player : GFZ

Post by Hardrada Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:04 pm

wow.

Great signing. Seriously good player.

I cant think of many better RWBs now Cafu and Zanetti are old.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:57 pm

Quality signing. I can see Man City finishing in 6th place ahead of Spurs at this rate. Pearce has made some great signings! <Ale>
    Rosicky

Post by Rosicky Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:14 pm

wow thats really good, arsenal where liked with him a free seasons ago! <ale>
    youonlycametooseeeboue

Number of posts : 932
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Hleb and Lampard

Post by youonlycametooseeeboue Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:15 pm

kingreyes wrote:wow thats really good, arsenal where liked with him a free seasons ago! <ale>

i'm glad it never hapenned. eboue would not have emerged.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:27 pm

Congrats Sgoater

Big fan of Pearce, made some shrewd signings in the summer, would be nice if the purse strings could be released a little more, after all hes proved he can spend relatively large amounts well too, Samaras a good example.

Good luck next year Man City a club with every reason to be looking positive, just make sure you allow the Pool a 6 pointer over you this season and i carry on my posts with the same positivity Wink
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:50 pm

Citeh have the signings to break the top 10 and go places (top8 perhaps?). The only thing they need to do, is not give their lead away like at the end of last season. What was it? Three points out of the final possible 30 points? That's unforgivable really.

I'd like to see hold on to that lead, and make the teams ahead of you sweat a little.
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:02 pm

Football Genius wrote:Congrats Sgoater

Big fan of Pearce, made some shrewd signings in the summer, would be nice if the purse strings could be released a little more, after all hes proved he can spend relatively large amounts well too, Samaras a good example.

Good luck next year Man City a club with every reason to be looking positive, just make sure you allow the Pool a 6 pointer over you this season and i carry on my posts with the same positivity Wink

Cheers mate, i think he is a great signing. Yeah it would be nice if he was given a bit more money but im very pleased with the deals he has done. We still need a new keeper if James leaves and a left winger.

Dont worry im sure you will take the 6 pts like normal. Wink

How do you think you will do this season ?
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:08 pm

Distinguished Dutchman wrote:Citeh have the signings to break the top 10 and go places (top8 perhaps?). The only thing they need to do, is not give their lead away like at the end of last season. What was it? Three points out of the final possible 30 points? That's unforgivable really.

I'd like to see hold on to that lead, and make the teams ahead of you sweat a little.

Yeah i think a better defence is needed and now we have Trabelsi, Hamann and Dabo we will have a more solid look and should be tougher to break down. Plus we have a thicker squad, cos last season we could hardly put out a team for some games.
    L r d

Post by L r d Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:10 pm

i dont understand the signing, alright player, but rb is not richards?
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:13 pm

Crouching Tiger wrote:City are going to be great last season? How far do you think Pearce can take city? I think he has to be England manager one day!

We have a very hard start with Chelsea and Arsenal in the first 3 games so it will be tough. Im not going ot get too carried away but hopefully we can get a top 10 finish and can push for a a European spot.

Pearce has the makings of a top manager but has a long way to go and a lot of learning to do. He made a lot of bad decisions last season but the thing to remember is he is still learning. Future England boss...maybe but it will be a long way off.

Im very happy with his signings though, they're the kind of players id have gone for (although not Dickov) so i cant complain.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:14 pm

perhaps the little money hes spent, maybe be to allow him a 'luxury purchase' which may fill the void of the left wing, i cannot imagine many of the signings you've made will be on more money than before.. Dickov. Hamann .... perhaps January will be an option for you, usually outside the top 4 there are very few major transfers, perhaps this will be a advantage Man City may have over its rivals in a push for the second half of the season ?

as for Liverpool really not sure, the introduction of pace has created currently more questions that answers for me, last season everybody understood their roles for us and were extremely efficent at carrying that out. however when you add the pace to our attack then we will be looking to stretch teams at the back leaving us exposed to a counter and with the lack of pace in Hyppia and Carragher, this could be a problem.

Ive absolute faith in Benitez, but for us this year finding the balance is the key to our success.

For the Premiership Chelsea are obvious favourites, but we certainly are expected to give them a race and rightly so.

Cup competitions, with our large squad i believe we have a good chance to grab another cup as fitness will be key to compete in 4 competitions
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Post by Sgoater1 Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:16 pm

l r d wrote:i dont understand the signing, alright player, but rb is not richards?

Yeah like CT says, Richards is really a CB and DM and with the future of Distin not clear we needed another defender. We need more options at the back and now we have them. Plus Micah is only 18 and we dont want to put too much pressure on the lad if we dont have too.
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Post by Football Genius Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:21 pm

when i said the signings you've made will be on more money i meant Less !!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:26 pm