Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Parks lives
El Fenomeno
caporegimes
7 posters

United clinch Kuszczak transfer

caporegimes
    caporegimes

Number of posts : 111
    Supports : Man Utd
    Favourite Player : Anderson/Carrick/Pirlo/Ferdinand
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

United clinch Kuszczak transfer Empty United clinch Kuszczak transfer

Post by caporegimes Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:44 pm

Manchester United have snapped up goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak from West Brom on a season-long loan.

The Baggies were keen to hold onto the 24-year-old and repelled three bids from The Red Devils, but have finally relented after being offered a new deal.

In exchange for Kuszczak, United have agreed to hand defender Paul McShane and goalkeeper Luke Steele to West Brom.

Sir Alex Ferguson, who set his sights firmly on Kuszczak earlier this summer despite possessing the reliable Edwin van der Sar and promising youngster Ben Foster, could take up the option of signing the Polish international permanently at the end of the forthcoming season.

West Brom, who recently signed Switzerland number one Pascal Zuberbuhler, believe the deal has worked out well for them.

"The club thought long and hard before sanctioning Tomasz's loan move," said chairman Jeremy Peace.

"I have had several meetings with the player, who expressed a very strong desire to move to United, with the potential to play in The Premiership and the UEFA Champions League.

"In the end we felt that these were exceptional circumstances, and that we would be denying Tomasz a major career opportunity if we insisted on him staying.

"We were only prepared to let Tomasz leave if it suited Albion, and the way the deal has been constructed does suit Albion.

"We have signed a talented young goalkeeper and an exciting centre half."

The deal has freed Foster up to join Watford on a second season-long loan deal at Vicarage Road.

Foster played a crucial role in securing promotion for The Hornets last term and will link up with Adrian Boothroyd's side for their entire Championship campaign.

"I was delighted to get the call on Wednesday giving me the all-clear to come down and sign all the paperwork," Foster said.

"Now I'm really looking forward to a year in The Premiership with Watford."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good deal all around.
    We get a keeper for nothing, loan deal.
    2 of our youngsters who are realistically not going to make it go on loan.

West Brom have 2 youngsters.
    El Fenomeno
    El Fenomeno

Number of posts : 124
    Supports : West Bromwich Albion, by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

United clinch Kuszczak transfer Empty Re: United clinch Kuszczak transfer

Post by El Fenomeno Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:15 pm

Yeah but Paul McShane and Luke Steele have signed three year permanent deals not on loan so all in all it probably is a good deal as we got Kuszczak on a free and we have already got 2 free players. Do you know if we will get a fee for Kuszczak if he signs permanent after next season? Anyway I think Albion have definately got the better end of the bargain...2 free players with possibly a fee in a years time for a goalkeeper who is talented but not world class!
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:27 pm

McShane is an excellent old fashioned defender. Good at set peices as well. Hope he does well for you.
    poiuy1

Number of posts : 2654

Post by poiuy1 Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:33 am

Yeah Mcshane has scored something like 7 goals for Brighton last year

He's John Terry like in style, fearless good in the air, but lacks pace and is a little on the short side. Good for a champianship side
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:28 am

Steele is a good young keeper, i bet Coventry are gutted to lose him after signing him on loan on a few days ago.
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:05 am

Good deal for WBA , two very decent players they got.
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:56 am

Good deal for both teams an the players - West Brom get a couple of promising youngsters who probably wouldn't have made it at Old Trafford, Man U get a better backup keeper than Tim Howard, Watford get Foster back on loan, Foster gets a season of first team Premiership football.

Plus, if it doesn't work out, Kuszczak goes back to Brom, Foster and Howard go back to Man U. Man U still have 1 top senior keeper and two very good backups.
    Bend It Like Idiakez

Number of posts : 34
    Supports : Derby
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by Bend It Like Idiakez Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:14 pm

Manchester United have confirmed that they have handed a permanent contract to Polish keeper Tomasz Kuszczak.

The Red Devils completed the capture of the 24-year-old from West Brom on Thursday, but it was claimed that the deal was a loan move with a view to a permanent arrangement.

However, United have now confirmed that the player has made a permanent move to Old Trafford - with Paul McShane and Luke Steele heading in the opposite direction - although the first season is, somewhat curiously, being classed as a loan.

"Tomasz will be a Manchester United player for the next four years," said United chief executive David Gill.

"He has come to us on loan for the first year and then will join us permanently in July 2007.

"We would not have been interested in signing any player, even as one as good as Tomasz, on loan.

"We would hope Tomasz remains a Manchester United player for many years to come."

----
    So they have him on loan for a year but it's permanent as well... whats the point of that?
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Post by DS Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:19 pm

Just seen it on sky it is a permanent move.
    poiuy1

Post by poiuy1 Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:25 pm

I can only imagine that he will still be a West Brom player up to July so if he doesn't make the grade at United he will still be under contract with them. Pressumably if West brom get promoted they will take him back if United don't want to sign him
    Bend It Like Idiakez

Post by Bend It Like Idiakez Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:29 pm

They do say though that he will be a Man United player for the next four years which suggests it is a permanent deal. It would be interesting though if he does play really rubbish this season whether Man U can back out of the deal, if it is only a loan then they should be able to
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:30 pm

Bend It Like Idiakez wrote:They do say though that he will be a Man United player for the next four years which suggests it is a permanent deal. It would be interesting though if he does play really rubbish this season whether Man U can back out of the deal, if it is only a loan then they should be able to

No offence to him but I hope other than domestic cup matches he doesn't have to play that much.
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:32 pm

It could be a budgetary issue to do with the transfer fee, though it's curious that Man U couldn't drum up 3 million quid this summer for a player who Fergie clearly rates very highly.
    poiuy1

Post by poiuy1 Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:35 pm

prehaps it's all going on other targets, well here's hoping anyway
    Bend It Like Idiakez

Post by Bend It Like Idiakez Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:36 pm

Sir Parks Lives wrote:
    Bend It Like Idiakez wrote:They do say though that he will be a Man United player for the next four years which suggests it is a permanent deal. It would be interesting though if he does play really rubbish this season whether Man U can back out of the deal, if it is only a loan then they should be able to

No offence to him but I hope other than domestic cup matches he doesn't have to play that much.

I am quite surprised that you have gone for him, i mean Ben Foster seems to be a fairly good keeper, although he will get match practice down at Watford. If Kuszscak pulls off more saves like his save of the season last year though he will probably grow on you. Do you think he is going to be your first team keeper when Van Der Sar retires/leaves, or is he just back up?
    poiuy1

Post by poiuy1 Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:36 pm

Sir Parks Lives wrote:

How come i think he is a good keeper
    poiuy1

Post by poiuy1 Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:39 pm

Bend It Like Idiakez wrote:
    Sir Parks Lives wrote:

I am quite surprised that you have gone for him, i mean Ben Foster seems to be a fairly good keeper, although he will get match practice down at Watford. If Kuszscak pulls off more saves like his save of the season last year though he will probably grow on you. Do you think he is going to be your first team keeper when Van Der Sar retires/leaves, or is he just back up?

The intention is to sell Howard i think unless he really does show is worth, We should make a profit on him

Then when VDS retires or moves in a couple of season's to have two good young keepers vying for the number one spot.

Personally i think Foster will get it but it's good to have competition rather then end up in a situation of Bathez,Taibi, Bosnich, Howard, Carol after Schmiecal

It's a case of sorting it out before the inevitable happens
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:42 pm

Bend It Like Idiakez wrote:
    Sir Parks Lives wrote:

I think Ben Foster is the one Fergie will look to long term, hence why he wanted him to have a season in the Premiership. I'm sure I read that Foster will be coming to Man United once a week like last season to train for a day with Van Der Sar.

I think Kuszscak is a very able keeper but from the little I've seen of him I'm yet to think he has the potential to be a World class keeper. I'm not entirely sure about Foster either although he's looked excellent in pre-season.

So I would say back up, although if I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time.
    poiuy1

Post by poiuy1 Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:48 pm

Yeah Foster really looked the part in pre season some amazing saves in the Amsterdam tournement.

Kuszczak has caught my eye though this year
    El Fenomeno
    El Fenomeno

Supports : West Bromwich Albion, by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!

Post by El Fenomeno Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:02 pm

I seen Kuszczak playing quite a few times and he his a good keeper but i dont think he would make it world class to be honest and i dont think he's good enough for Man U number 1 about a UEFA cup team no.1 but anyways he his a premiership keeper definately! Also another interesting point is that when i went to the Albion open day a few weeks ago, he said right infront of my face that he will probably go (which he has) though he'd be back...Hmmmmm he probably just meant on the oposing team though or did he???
    El Fenomeno
    El Fenomeno

Post by El Fenomeno Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:04 pm

I seen Kuszczak playing quite a few times and he his a good keeper but i dont think he would make it world class to be honest and i dont think he's good enough for Man U number 1 about a UEFA cup team no.1 but anyways he his a premiership keeper definately! Also another interesting point is that when i went to the Albion open day a few weeks ago, he said right infront of my face that he will probably go (which he has) though he'd be back...Hmmmmm he probably just meant on the oposing team though or did he???
    L r d

Post by L r d Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:08 pm

sam wrote:Yeah but Paul McShane and Luke Steele have signed three year permanent deals not on loan so all in all it probably is a good deal as we got Kuszczak on a free and we have already got 2 free players. Do you know if we will get a fee for Kuszczak if he signs permanent after next season? Anyway I think Albion have definately got the better end of the bargain...2 free players with possibly a fee in a years time for a goalkeeper who is talented but not world class!

I think it's good for everyone like things said. We get a keeper we wanted, two players who are alright but were never gonna make it go in return isnt a problem. for the players themselves all good moves aswell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:04 pm