Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Pierre Littbarski
The Easter Bunny
Tom
The Pröfessör
theflyingfrenchman
Deano
bluenine
110%
Tweesus
robert
toon h
Parks lives
TITO
NCFC
TheCrazy58
Ricardo Jol
Napoléon
fcb
Super Progress
Super Milanista!
TM
La Saeta Rubia
26 posters

Cannavaro Balon De Oro ?

La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Number of posts : 5244
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Cannavaro Balon De Oro ? Empty Cannavaro Balon De Oro ?

Post by La Saeta Rubia Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:40 pm

Cannavaro se llevará el Balón de Oro 2006

Avance. Radio Marca ha anunciado que Fabio Cannavaro, defensa italiano del Real Madrid, es el ganador del Balón de Oro 2006. La revista France Football ha elegido al zaguero transalpino como el mejor futbolista de este año, tras alzar la Copa del Mundo en Alemania. Hasta el 27 de noviembre no se hará oficial, pero Cannavaro ya sabe que el máximo galardón individual estará en sus manos y pronto será el protagonista de las habituales fotos con el premio.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Cannavaro Balon De Oro ? Empty Re: Cannavaro Balon De Oro ?

Post by TM Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:44 pm

Hopefully he gets his reward for being outstanding at the WC!
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Number of posts : 1774
    Supports : Milan (IE: Rossoneri, Diavoli)
    Registration date : 2006-10-10

Post by Super Milanista! Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:16 pm

C'e' Solo un Capitano!
    C'e' solo un Canavaro!
    C'e' Solo un Capitano!

A great captain and a player! One of the many who deserves this. But his form in the world cup... outsatnding! Italy wouldn't have won it without him!
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:27 pm

i cant see how anyone else could deserve it. he has been crazy consistent for the last couple of years and the performance in the World cup is prob best one man show(if you can call it that) i have seen.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:48 pm

Cannavaro Balon De Oro ? Laugh
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Post by fcb Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:52 pm

If this is true (seems like it), I think it would be fair. No obvious candidate really stands out (not to take credit away from him), and he does deserve it for his play the past year.
    Napoléon
    Napoléon

Number of posts : 1170
    Supports : Les Bleus - Marseille

Post by Napoléon Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:46 pm

Marca = Joke

Next week it will be ElMundoDeportivo to announce that Eto'o is Ballon d'or.

Marca just try to influence the electors.

Why the sport spanish medias are so crap ?
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:49 pm

All they're saying is the journalists of France Football magazine are in Madrid.

It's similar to last year, when news of Ronaldinho being Balon d'Or leaked because journalists spotted a French journalist walk into a posh Barcelona hotel with a golden trophy and camera equipment, and Ronaldinho accompanying him.
    Napoléon
    Napoléon

Post by Napoléon Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:52 pm

kasnani wrote:All they're saying is the journalists of France Football magazine are in Madrid.

It's similar to last year, when news of Ronaldinho being Balon d'Or leaked because journalists spotted a French journalist walk into a posh Barcelona hotel with a golden trophy and camera equipment, and Ronaldinho accompanying him.

Maybe this time, French journalists are waiting for the signing of the new Real Madrid young french player...
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:54 pm

It would be crazyness if he gets it! He would be the most average player ever won it....
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:55 pm

But they're not signing Higuain just yet, only in January.

Fair enough though, I get your point. Like I said, it's just speculation. (and I just realised why the confusion has arisen - LSR's original post doesn't have the part where they said it's based on seeing journalists in Madrid. The full article is on their website).
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:13 pm

Cannavaro = <Ale> ok ......in an Azzurri shirt only though Wink
    NCFC
    NCFC

Number of posts : 3485
    Supports : Cádiz C.F y Norwich City F.C

Post by NCFC Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:00 pm

scratch Yeh I'd like Cannavaro to win, although Sammy Eto'o is first choice. I really hope (no ofence to him) that Ronnie does not get it this year. Lets not have it get too boring!
    TITO
    TITO

Number of posts : 3155

Post by TITO Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:07 pm

Cannavaro was only good at the WC, so i dont get it Shocked . If somebody thinks that he has been good at Juventus....think again.
    But not to many players really deserve it, i cant think of anyone.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:13 pm

Eto'o or C Ronaldo, only two players who have been consistently brilliant throughout the calendar year.
    S4P

Post by S4P Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:15 pm

everyone forgets Drogba

best forward in the world since March
    Napoléon
    Napoléon

Post by Napoléon Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:26 pm

Parks Lives wrote:Eto'o or C Ronaldo, only two players who have been consistently brilliant throughout the calendar year.

@Parks

Does exist at less one post where you don't mention a MU player ?
    L r d

Post by L r d Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:30 pm

TITO wrote:Cannavaro was only good at the WC, so i dont get it Shocked . If somebody thinks that he has been good at Juventus....think again.

Thats why he will win it. The world cup must be a big factor due to no obvious person this time. I dont think he deserves it though, i agree probably most average player to win it if he does.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:39 pm

l r d wrote:
    TITO wrote:Cannavaro was only good at the WC, so i dont get it Shocked . If somebody thinks that he has been good at Juventus....think again.

Thats why he will win it. The world cup must be a big factor due to no obvious person this time. I dont think he deserves it though, i agree probably most average player to win it if he does.
    hahahahahaha

average hahahahahahaha
    how the hell can this guy be average. he has been good for juve, and not just good but great. ask the italians on this board about his performance the two years for juve. and the fact that he held the italian team together through all scandals and still delivered one of the best defensive performances seen, should get him the golden ball alone.
    samuel eto does not deserve it imo. for barca he has scored goals in the big matches but he was normally very quiet. and besides playing half a season for barca in 06 what has he done?
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:41 pm

supermadrid(zizou legend) wrote:
    l r d wrote:

hahahahahaha

average hahahahahahaha
    how the hell can this guy be average. he has been good for juve, and not just good but great. ask the italians on this board about his performance the two years for juve. and the fact that he held the italian team together through all scandals and still delivered one of the best defensive performances seen, should get him the golden ball alone.
    samuel eto does not deserve it imo. for barca he has scored goals in the big matches but he was normally very quiet. and besides playing half a season for barca in 06 what has he done?

Your post was fine until you started to argue against Samuel Etoo...Pichichi in the league means he was very quiet? Goals in big games matter more than anything in the world. I don't care if he didn't touch the ball in the entire CL final, but he scored the equaliser and provoked Lehmann's red card, and that enough makes him the key player of the match.

I'm 200% sure that if he didn't get injured, he would have been banging in the goals even now, and would have won this award ahead of Cannavaro.
    L r d

Post by L r d Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:44 pm

supermadrid(zizou legend) wrote:
    l r d wrote:

hahahahahaha

average hahahahahahaha

How can you laugh like that, and then come out with that about Etoo. Etoo if he didnt get injured, would of deserved it no doubt, last two seasons been the best striker in the world. Cannavaro is not average, but most average player to win it. He wasnt great for juventus in the last 6 months he was there, and didnt work at inter also. and a bad start in la liga and got murdered v lyon. He had a good world cup only as far as im concerned.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:00 pm

if you look at goals eto was great in the first six months of this year. but if you look at performance a hole other picture comes. he wasnt that obvious in many games esp the big ones. and thats about what eto has done.

cannvaro has been great in his two years for juve. have you seen juve matches that couple of years because if you have you will see that the season before he came juve had one of the worst defensive seasons in their history. his world cup performance alone was enough to get it imo, esp when you consider his challengers.

yes cannavaro was poor against lyon but you also have to consider how much time he had to adapt to madrid. and also one bad match is not alot esp when you are a defender. and if we count etos bad matches in the this years there is no competition.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:09 pm

While I agree with you that Cannavaro was excellent for Juve, I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree on Etoo...for me he has been immense, his work rate and involvement in our goals has been excellent, and like you said, the goals in big games (as well as lots in smaller games) have been key for us. The dynamism (if that's a word) he brought to our play is noticeable by its absence now that he's injured.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:10 pm

Also, Cannavaro has had more than just the one bad match for Madrid. The only game this season where he showed his Juve/World Cup form was in the one against us. Otherwise he's been nothing extraordinary, albeit slowly improving.
    TheCrazy58
    TheCrazy58

Number of posts : 8151
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by TheCrazy58 Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:31 pm

kasnani wrote:Also, Cannavaro has had more than just the one bad match for Madrid. The only game this season where he showed his Juve/World Cup form was in the one against us. Otherwise he's been nothing extraordinary, albeit slowly improving.

Same can be said of Zambo. I thought they'd adapt faster than they seem to be doing.
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715

Post by toon h Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:38 pm

to think people like Baresi and Maldini have never won it, and Cannavaro now has, does show it has been a poor year for excellence by individual players on a constant basis.

Post by Guest Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:37 pm

Canna shouldn't have won, he wasn't that great for Juve in the latter end of the season, and didn't didn't do shit in the CL nor should he win the WPOY, what he should have won was the Golden ball at the WV and nothing else.

I also find it funny that just because the top players didn't shine at the WC their is all of sudden
    no stand out players, what about

Henry
    Eto'o
    Roman

Dinho
    Toni
    Villa

ext

if this was any other year Canna wouldn't even be mention as a potential winner.

But every four years their come a month long Competition the trumps and entire season.
    robert
    robert

Number of posts : 5672
    Supports : Manchester United
    Favourite Player : Giggs
    Registration date : 2006-08-14

Post by robert Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:22 am

No one deserves it this year. They should not hand it out to anyone just so that they can fill a space, it dilutes the award.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:13 am

Canna may have deserved the acolaide a few years ago but it seems strange that an award can be given to a player based on 7 performances.

Last season our attackers completey embarasse the guy, even Cesc scored!!!!! Very Happy
    110%

Number of posts : 8978

Post by 110% Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:00 pm

Cannavaro was good for juventus, but he was not playing in a bad side defensively (buffon (although injured last season), thuram, zambrotta, emerson, vieria to mention a few).

He was excellent at the world cup though, but again Italy are pretty strong defensively.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:53 pm