Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Football Genius
COTR
110%
Pierre Littbarski
forza_rossi
Tom
poiuy1
Sgoater1
christmasborocooper
Brian2468
Tweesus
Kimbo
16 posters

Lennon V Milner

Poll

Who's the better player?

[ 21 ]
    Lennon V Milner - Page 2 Bar_left81%Lennon V Milner - Page 2 Bar_right [81%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Lennon V Milner - Page 2 Bar_left19%Lennon V Milner - Page 2 Bar_right [19%] 

Total Votes: 26
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Lennon V Milner - Page 2 Empty Re: Lennon V Milner

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:45 pm

Tweedle:

James Milner Born on 04/01/1986 - Made EPL Debut aged 16 years 311 days

Aaron Lennon Born 16/04/1987 - Made EPL debut aged 16 years 129 days.

I'd like to add that Milner came into a far more stable team, at the beginning of the financial crisis - Lennon appeared when Leeds were already relegated.

@ Kimbo

It's all opinion - it a feeling you get watching a player - regardless of stats. You feel the same way about N'Zogbia.
    What hype?
    What hype?

Number of posts : 104
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by What hype? Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:26 pm

I dont get why a player has to have an X factor to be considered great.

What was Beckhams x factor in his best days at utd? his crossing? hardly x factor stuff, but then still, highly effective.

Lennon's good, and its understandable that theres alot of hype sorrounding him at the moment, simply because of the teasing glimpses we got of him at the world cup. But can he be just as effective over 90 minutes?

Milner has experience on his side. He was excellent at Leeds in a young team, as well as at Newcastle. And i believe that O Neill shud build their team around someone like him to be successful.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by The Pröfessör Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:57 am

@ What hype?

his unpredictability and ability to create something out of nothing is an x factor . Look! i am an arsenal fan, so i have no reason to hype him up and i am not using his WC performances to judge him.

We played against a lot of good wingers in last years CL and flamini didn't have a bad game untill he came up against lennon who ripped him apart at highbury. Before that , i remember him doing the same to many players he came up against.Players such as him are widely respected these days because team tactics have improved, defending have improved, no one plays naively anymore ,as a result teams most of the times end up neutralising each other so u need players like him to decide matches just like he twice nearly did against portugal or henry against madrid or dinho against chelsea( BTW: i am by no means putting him on the level of those players)
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Isco Benny Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:48 am

No doubt Lennon will find it tougher this season now that teams will double up on the kid now: Milner has that added experience and has had a few successful seasons now, so Lennon must follow suit and should try and make an even bigger impact.

I agree with Aby Gooner though- he has torn fullbacks apart in a manner not seen by an english winger in a long while. The comparisons with Arjen Robben have to be there- both even have a similar odd running style: all limp wrists and hips...

And although just a friendly, I'll never forget the first start Lennon made against Belarus in that England B game where they had something like SEVEN different players try and mark him after he had left the full back sent off for a number of lunges trying to stop him, and then he went on to skin the others so many times I'd lost count. It was embarrassing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:04 pm