Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
fcb
Super Milanista!
Deano
Ricardo Jol
Protheus
Isco Benny
Kimbo
Calidad
Pierre Littbarski
debaser
Parks lives
A & K
Torrente
Oleguerisntthatbad
toon h
Batman
20 posters

Who are The Untouchables at your club?

Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Who are The Untouchables at your club? Empty Who are The Untouchables at your club?

Post by Batman Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:50 am

Last week Jose Mourinho said that Makelele, Essien, Frank Lampard, Michael Ballack, John Terry, Ricardo Carvalho, Ashley Cole and Drogba are all untouchable.

My question is, who is untouchable at your club?
    Luis

Who are The Untouchables at your club? Empty Re: Who are The Untouchables at your club?

Post by Luis Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:52 am

Carra, Finnan, Gerrard, Momo, Alonso, Kuyt,
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona

Who are The Untouchables at your club? Empty Re: Who are The Untouchables at your club?

Post by toon h Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:53 am

at Barça: Valdes, Puyol, Ronaldinho, Deco and Eto'o.

not Xavi anymore, Messi to become one.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:53 am

For us: Valdés, Puyol, Deco, Ronaldinho and Eto'o

Very close to being untouchable, but still on the bench at times: Márquez and Messi..
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:56 am

Thierry Henry - Obvious choice.

Kolo Toure - Fans Favourite and proven quality.

Cesc Fabregas - At 19 is one of our most important players.

Jens Lehmann - Voted the best keeper in Europe for last season.

Gilberto Silva - Vice Captain, Wenger rates him highly.

* Give it 6 months and William Gallas will be there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Players like Ljungberg, van Persie, Hleb, Rosicky, Eboue are all quality first team players but are not considered indispensible.
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona

Post by toon h Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:58 am

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:For us: Valdés, Puyol, Deco, Ronaldinho and Eto'o

Very close to being untouchable, but still on the bench at times: Márquez and Messi..

the same answer as me, it must be true then. Wink
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:59 am

For Capello:

Casillas, Cannavaro, Raul, Ruud, Emerson, Guti, Diarra, RC, Ramos

For me:

Casillas, Cannavaro, Diarra, RC, Ramos, Robinho, Guti
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:00 pm

Lyon: Coupet, Juninho, Abidal, Malouda, Cris, and Fred

Arsenal: Henry, Lehman, Toure, Eboue, and maybe Fabregas
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:02 pm

for Man Utd its nearly the first team:

Van der Sar, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Ronaldo, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney and Saha.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:03 pm

Batman wrote:for Man Utd its nearly the first team:

Van der Sar, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Ronaldo, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney and Saha.

ok

Although with Larsson arriving Saha's place may not be guaranteed.
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:06 pm

Batman wrote:for Man Utd its nearly the first team:

Thats a worry for the long term over the course of the season. With so many 'untouchable' players it will be harder for the manager to drop them to the bench for a breather therefore you team will become tired and jaded.

The untouchable theory doesn't happen with Sir Alex, remember Stam, Beckham and van Nistelrooy were all untouchable at one point.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by debaser Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:01 pm

at the minute, the certainties are: mellberg, mccann, barry, agbonlahor and petrov

but i'm not sure how long a player has to be certain first choice for them to be Untouchable
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:04 pm

debalthazar wrote:at the minute, the certainties are: mellberg, mccann, barry, agbonlahor and petrov

but i'm not sure how long a player has to be certain first choice for them to be Untouchable

and MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEElan of course
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:27 pm

Foster, Demerit, Mahon, Young, King*

* Due to long term injury Henderson is an untouchable but it would be Marlon obviously.

Who are The Untouchables at your club? Sfglee22
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:37 pm

You live in Watford, Pierre?
    doninha

Post by doninha Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:38 pm

For Sporting:

Ricardo, Tonel, Polga, Caneira, Tello, Moutinho
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:40 pm

Calidad wrote:You live in Watford, Pierre?

No.
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:43 pm

Given, Parker, Emre, Dyer, Martins

I think Taylor has become an untouchable aswell over the past couple of months. <Ale>
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:45 pm

Krimbo wrote:Given, Parker, Emre, Dyer, Martins

I think Taylor has become an untouchable aswell over the past couple of months. <Ale>

hype <Ale>
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:49 pm

The Real White Christmas wrote:

hype <Ale>
    If he was at a London club the hype would be UNREAL. But because he isn't his good form will just be ignored. ok
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha

Post by Isco Benny Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:57 pm

Krimbo wrote:

hype <Ale>
    If he was at a London club the hype would be UNREAL. But because he isn't his good form will just be ignored. ok

If he was at a top 10 club you mean and not one that is struggling Biggrin

I rate Taylor anyway, but I'm just going by your own standards where you keep mentioning him, yet he hasnt REALLY proved himself has he? I mean, what has he done that, say, Lennon hasnt, yet anytime someone mentions Lennon you immediately accuse them of overhyping him...

By the way, I dont get the whole "London" thing- if Taylor were at Charlton would he get hyped? Nah, its because player get noticed when their teams are playing well and challenging at the top of the table, just like Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal did last season. Its got little to do with London
    Protheus
    Protheus

Number of posts : 1816
    Supports : Futebol Clube do Porto

Post by Protheus Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:57 pm

For me:

Helton, Pepe, Lucho, Quaresma, Andreson, Lisandro

For Porto

...i doubt at the end of each season for the right price we really have any untouchable Evil or Very Mad
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:03 pm

Krimbo wrote:

hype <Ale>

If he was at a top 10 club you mean and not one that is struggling Biggrin

I rate Taylor anyway, but I'm just going by your own standards where you keep mentioning him, yet he hasnt REALLY proved himself has he? I mean, what has he done that, say, Lennon hasnt, yet anytime someone mentions Lennon you immediately accuse them of overhyping him...

By the way, I dont get the whole "London" thing- if Taylor were at Charlton would he get hyped? Nah, its because player get noticed when their teams are playing well and challenging at the top of the table, just like Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal did last season. Its got little to do with London
    The London based media hype up London based players, that's the way it works IMO. If Taylor got nominated last years young player of the year with only a handful of good performances you might have a point. This season he has become our main man at the back and deserves a bit of recognition, but i'm the only one willing to give it ofcourse. Everyone else has their head up the "top 4s" arses. This place is a joke. ok
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:05 pm

Fucking hell Kimbo, he couldn't get in your team for large parts of the season.

Hardly your main man.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:06 pm

Laughing Blame London ffs Laughing
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Post by Kimbo Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:08 pm

ParktheHeraldAngelsSing wrote:Fucking hell Kimbo, he couldn't get in your team for large parts of the season.

Hardly your main man.
    Lacking in fitness, making his comeback from 6 months out, Roeder's an idiot. Erm

Did you read my post?
    Krimbo wrote:I think Taylor has become an untouchable aswell over the past couple of months. <Ale>
    Erm
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:11 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:
    Calidad wrote:You live in Watford, Pierre?

No.

Where do you reside then?

I don't live in Watford, but I don't live far from there.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:12 pm

ParktheHeraldAngelsSing wrote:Fucking hell Kimbo, he couldn't get in your team for large parts of the season.

Hardly your main man.

But it's a local club for local people.

He's thoroughly average anyways. Liam Ridgewell is better.
    debaser
    debaser

Number of posts : 22064
    Supports : Aston Villa and Shrewsbury Town

Post by debaser Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:21 pm

Snowbispo wrote:

Hardly your main man.
    Liam Ridgewell is better.
    ok but i think that before long, gary cahill > liam ridgewell
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:29 pm

debalthazar wrote:
    Snowbispo wrote:

Hardly your main man.
    Liam Ridgewell is better.
    ok but i think that before long, gary cahill > liam ridgewell

That'll just push Cockney Taylor further down the pecking order. Can only be good for England... He's got to be atleast 10th on their list now, hopefully for your sake, even further down.

Rio, King, Terry, Carragher, Dawson, Woodgate, Ridgewell, Richards, Campbell, Lescott, Brown... There's got to be some others aswell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:30 am