Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Isco Benny
Ä
6 posters

Loew: " a German Golden Generation is growing up"

Ä
    Ä

Number of posts : 11028
    Registration date : 2006-09-04

Loew: " a German Golden Generation is growing up" Empty Loew: " a German Golden Generation is growing up"

Post by Ä Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:40 pm

he believes the World Cup performance was the result of hard work and no fairy-tale

Bierhoff pointed out that it would not be right to attribute the rise of German football to Klinsi's motivational artistry either , "coincidence and witch-craft" had nothing to do with it either

both are excited about the rich vein of talents pushing for places soon (Gomez, Polanski...)

what a pity that the peak of the English Golden Generation never coincided with that of the young German one

would we not all have loved to see the battle of all battles: Rooney, Owen, Lampard, A.Cole vs Podolski, Gomez, Schweinsteiger and Lahm ?

a bit like Aliens vs Predator, heh ? lol!

http://www.welt.de/data/2006/12/11/1142428.html
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Number of posts : 19647
    Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag
    Favourite Player : Don't cha wish your left back was BAE? Don't cha
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Loew: " a German Golden Generation is growing up" Empty Re: Loew: " a German Golden Generation is growing up"

Post by Isco Benny Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:50 pm

otto: Albion's No 1 fan wrote:he believes the World Cup performance was the result of hard work and no fairy-tale

Bierhoff pointed out that it would not be right to attribute the rise of German football to Klinsi's motivational artistry either , "coincidence and witch-craft" had nothing to do with it either

both are excited about the rich vein of talents pushing for places soon (Gomez, Polanski...)

what a pity that the peak of the English Golden Generation never coincided with that of the young German one

would we not all have loved to see the battle of all battles: Rooney, Owen, Lampard, A.Cole vs Podolski, Gomez, Schweinsteiger and Lahm ?

a bit like Aliens vs Predator, heh ? lol!

http://www.welt.de/data/2006/12/11/1142428.html

There's that first game at Wembley Otto next year. If it ever gets built in time.... Biggrin
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Loew: " a German Golden Generation is growing up" Empty Re: Loew: " a German Golden Generation is growing up"

Post by toon h Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:51 pm

Otto, sometimes you sound just like Nutwing. Sorry to say.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Supports : Spurs, FOLLOWS (just for worms): Werder Bremen, Lazio, Ferencvaros, Valencia, El Classico, Angleterre, Magyarorszag

Post by Isco Benny Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:59 pm

@ Germans living in England,

Leeds council have allowed for a large German Christmas market to be set up on the city's millenium square. Its fantastic for those of us who aren't overly familiar with spending a christmas in Germany.

They have an all manner of beers, bratwurts, tents, stalls etc. - and best of all, the owners all seem to be authentic cheerful round redfaced middle aged German women. Its great, really lovely atmosphere- hence I'm in no mood at all to say anything against Germany right now.

So I'm agreeing with Otto- Germany is the bestest country EVER!
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:13 pm

@pele

England vs Germany will be played at Old Trafford, trust me on that Wink

say, I thought you lived in London; are you really a Leeds boy ?

did you know that there is, or at least was, a German Xmas market in Hong Kong ? Laugh

@ holly

nutters' xenophobia is totally unacceptable

but this board NEEDS him more than many so-called respected posters

true story Ale
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:15 pm

otto: Albion's No 1 fan wrote:
    @ holly

true story Ale

ok
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:29 pm

otto: Albion's No 1 fan wrote:@pele

England vs Germany will be played at Old Trafford, trust me on that Wink

say, I thought you lived in London; are you really a Leeds boy ?

did you know that there is, or at least was, a German Xmas market in Hong Kong ? Laugh

@ holly

true story Ale

@Otto, I used to live in London, but currently up in Leeds- expecting to move back down in the next couple of months, before heading off into the Autralian Sunset by the end of the year. The endless bad weather is becoming unbearable for my warm Eastern European blood...

Not at all suprised to hear that Hong Kong have such a market- the warmth and friendliness gives the same feeling as being in an old fashioned English pub; which is also a similar concept which has marketed well abroad. Its nice to see you Germans have given us more than Swastikas, displaced Jews, Concentration Camps and War Memorials (theres some much needed xenophobia nutters style for you!!).

By the way- your youngsters are being subject to some outrageous hype. Which proves even further how similar England and Germany are. Lets just see how they develop over the next couple of years. Didnt see much to be afraid of in the second batch of German players which were soundly beaten by Walcott and Co. the other month- it may be a case of slightly differing cycles- Germany are in a period of growth, England are in need of a reshuffle- 2 years ago the two were exactly vice versa. Should be interesting in 2008...
    toon h
    toon h

Post by toon h Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:51 pm

Otto, I have nothing against Nutwing being on this board. I meant that you are like him in repetitiveness. Always this up and coming german generation going to outshine Brazil's 1970 team in the next world cup...
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:51 pm

The Real White Christmas wrote:

By the way- your youngsters are being subject to some outrageous hype. Which proves even further how similar England and Germany are...

nobody is hyping our youngsters disproportionally AT ALL

Poldi: 2nd highest World Cup scorer
    Lahm: best LB of the World Cup
    Schweini: 2nd in the World Cup scorer rankings (ie goals + assists)
    Merte: best "man vs man" stats at the World cup; better than Cannavaro's
    Odonkor: the "Independent"s sub of the World Cup

Gomez: one of the top goal-scorers in the Bundesliga
    Wiese: CL heroics
    Kedhira: 19 years old; already had an AC Milan offer at 17

all of these and many others are still kids

yet, they are so little-hyped that there is no outcry when Podolski is banned to the bench for entire games

only 2 1/2 years ago, when Voeller nominated Poldi and Schweini , the entire U-21 would collapse because there were no replacements; these days, there are so many talents that it only matters when somebody like playmaker Trochowski gets ill

--------------------------------------

HYPE is completely un-Germanic: at the European Swimming Championships which ended this weekend, Germany won 5 golds (total of 10 medals + 1 World Record) and the team-manager was bitterly disappointed :lol!:

the papers are making next to nothing of the success :doh:

I wish we would learn from our English friends in this regard

Last edited by on Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:53 pm

otto: Albion's No 1 fan wrote: HYPE is completely un-Germanic: I wish we would learn from our English friends in this regard

You make up for it otto Wink
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:22 pm

holly hunter wrote:Otto, I have nothing against Nutwing being on this board. I meant that you are like him in repetitiveness. Always this up and coming german generation going to outshine Brazil's 1970 team in the next world cup...

never said that

but why should I not get excited about Germany now having the finest bunch of talents, possibly world-wide, and certainly in Europe ???

EVERYBODY on here is/was raving about Rooney, Lennon, Walcott,, van Persie, Robben, Robinho, Messi, Tevez, Mascherano, Ribery and countless others

ENDLESSLY

REPETETIVELY

the only ones on here handing out the same treatment to German talents, who deserve the praise MORE, in many cases, are Deisler and me scratch

anglo/chrissi and Co follow events of the U-21 closely, but mostly in their own corner , out of public sight (Nationalmannschaft-thread); Isar thinks benching Poldi, and in the past, Schweini at Bayern, is perfectly fine

the MADNESS of this board and frankly one of the reasons why I am rather circumspect about the expertise of most of our friends on here is that non-Germans almost never even praise young Teutonic talents Rolling Eyes

and when I do so , I am being repetitve Yikes

@toon

you've had better days; and that's putting it mildly Sad

--------------------------

apologies for the Swimming results; I lied

and this is how newsworthy welt.de thinks Germany heading the medals table is

http://www.welt.de/data/2006/12/10/1141881.html

where is the HYPE ? Yikes
    toon h
    toon h

Post by toon h Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:24 pm

I might take a sabbatical, Otto. Would that suit you? Perhaps I am not in the mood.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:30 pm

England U 21 - Germany U 21 scratch
    toon h
    toon h

Post by toon h Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:31 pm

holly hunter wrote:I might take a sabbatical, Otto. Would that suit you? Perhaps I am not in the mood.

my apologies anyway, even if I do like Nutwing at times.
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:46 pm

otto: Albion's No 1 fan wrote:
    holly hunter wrote:Otto, I have nothing against Nutwing being on this board. I meant that you are like him in repetitiveness. Always this up and coming german generation going to outshine Brazil's 1970 team in the next world cup...

never said that

but why should I not get excited about Germany now having the finest bunch of talents, possibly world-wide, and certainly in Europe ???

EVERYBODY on here is/was raving about Rooney, Lennon, Walcott,, van Persie, Robben, Robinho, Messi, Tevez, Mascherano, Ribery and countless others

ENDLESSLY

REPETETIVELY

the only ones on here handing out the same treatment to German talents, who deserve the praise MORE, in many cases, are Deisler and me scratch

anglo/chrissi and Co follow events of the U-21 closely, but mostly in their own corner , out of public sight (Nationalmannschaft-thread); Isar thinks benching Poldi, and in the past, Schweini at Bayern, is perfectly fine

the MADNESS of this board and frankly one of the reasons why I am rather circumspect about the expertise of most of our friends on here is that non-Germans almost never even praise young Teutonic talents Rolling Eyes

and when I do so , I am being repetitve Yikes

@toon

you've had better days; and that's putting it mildly Sad

--------------------------

apologies for the Swimming results; I lied

and this is how newsworthy welt.de thinks Germany heading the medals table is

http://www.welt.de/data/2006/12/10/1141881.html

where is the HYPE ? Yikes

This is a little far fetched even for you. You make out as though Germany has an endless conveyor belt of talent at the moment, yet bar Poldi, Merte, Lahm, Schweini, what have the rest done to earn that kind of ridiculous praise? You seem, each time ,to conveniently forget the German u21's arent playing this summer at the championships...and factor in that very few German sides are doing well in Europe, it seems very far fetched in comparison to, say, Brazil, or, dare I say it- even England
    Ä
    Ä

Post by Ä Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:02 pm

The Real White Christmas wrote:

This is a little far fetched even for you. You make out as though Germany has an endless conveyor belt of talent at the moment

@pele

we now have so many talents that it looks like they will even spill over into Eastern Europe , Africa and Brazil; the German barrel can no longer contain them

within the next three years the Hugarian/Brazilian/African clubs will prefer to buy top class bargain-basement German kids

Hungarian FA Chairman : " like everywhere the laws of the market apply, and of course our clubs just cannot afford to play with seasoned Hungarian internationals, when they can win their league with hot, outrageously talented little "next" Schweinsteigers, who they can sell on for millions after a few years as well. We will only join the EU if they introduce legislation to stop the influx of cheap German ball artists"

The Real White Christmas wrote:, it seems very far fetched in comparison to dare I say it- even England

you may DARE indeed, old boy

DARE for your life, or England's for that matter

do you think your current crop of talents is EVEN better than the old Golden Generation ?

Germany's Golden boys vs England's Platinum/Titanium compound will shatter Wembley's new foundations

you might have to rebuild it somewhere on an old German corn field; £150 million should do the trick

your fans can then do what they do best: " following their national team abroad"

cost of an EasyJet ticket: £25 + the 15 Euros for a seat at your Corn-field Wembley and it'll be cheaper and more fun to roar your lions awake in the Vaterland ( good throat lubricants are allowed on the premises as well) Wink
    Isco Benny
    Isco Benny

Post by Isco Benny Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:50 pm

Ha ha ha, your always good for a laugh Otto Biggrin <Ale>

The Hungarian FA will have had their fill of Germans though following othar Matthaus's reign; would be harsh to ssay he was a failure, but he was no means the Messiah most predicted he would be... but they do say- great players DONT translate into Great managers.

I look forward to the England V Germany game. I think you underestimate both this current crop of English players and youngsters just as much as and English Patriot may overhype them. But then I put this down more to your playful natuire- even I know you're not that clueless.

Germany are favourites right now, and lookk in better shape, of that there is absoulutely no doubt. The pendulum has swung becuase in 2004 it was England who looked in better shape. A lot can change in 2 years, and I believe ngland has some solid foundations for that change. Not in quantity wise- countires like Brazil, France, Italy, Spain are churning out an abundance, possibly even Germany altthough Im still not convinced when looking past the likes of Poldi, Schweini, Lahm etc (the fact that Kiessling is branded such a hot talent would worry me if I were you - he really has nothing on Walcott for example); but there is a core of very good young players in England who look promising.

We'll see how the young lions fare in the future, but change is definitely a neccesity for the Senior side currently. It has gone stale and needs and injection of new blood. A hammering by Germany might be a blessing in disguise, just like that dark day in September 2001 proved to be a turning point of sorts for the Mannschaft it seems

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:08 pm