Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

If True incredible Dein ripping the fans off

L r d

If True incredible Dein ripping the fans off Empty If True incredible Dein ripping the fans off

Post by L r d Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:30 am

ARSENAL fans have blasted the club for charging £94 for top tickets at their new Emirates Stadium home.

The Gunners expect punters to lash out for Category A ties with Chelsea, Manchester United, Spurs, Liverpool and West Ham.

Premiership champions Chelsea charge £60 for their best seats — with United asking only £39.

Tony Madden, co-editor of Arsenal fanzine Highbury High, said: “These prices are incredibly expensive. The club seems to be turning its back on its roots.

“Arsenal are relying on fans just moaning and then handing over the money.

“It costs an absolute fortune for an ordinary working-class bloke to take his kids along to a game.”

Top West End shows like Phantom of the Opera only charge £50 for their best tickets and you can watch rugby’s Heineken Cup final at Twickenham for £60.

An Arsenal spokesman said: “We are very comfortable with our pricing.”

But Mark Longden, from Manchester United’s Independent Supporters’ Association, said: “Even the £39 we charge is bad.”

PREM CLUBS’ top-priced tickets — Arsenal £94; Spurs £71; Chelsea £60; West Ham £57; Newcastle £50; Fulham £45; Reading £41; Middlesbrough £40; Blackburn, Bolton, Man Utd £39; Man City £38; Everton £37; Aston Villa, Charlton, Wigan, Watford £35; Liverpool, Sheff Utd £34; Portsmouth £30.
    youonlycametooseeeboue

Number of posts : 932
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Hleb and Lampard
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

If True incredible Dein ripping the fans off Empty Re: If True incredible Dein ripping the fans off

Post by youonlycametooseeeboue Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:32 am

my ticket for arsenal zagreb cost 49quid!!!

If True incredible Dein ripping the fans off Empty Re: If True incredible Dein ripping the fans off

Post by Guest Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:18 am

wahey, we're cheap!

didnt I just post that?
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:12 am

Yeah i read about this over the weekend, i cant believe they can charge £94, its disgusting. Its like paying over £1 per minute of the game. The FA must step in and sort this out.

I was pissed off today to find my Blackburn away ticket will be £36. Blackburn normally charge about £25-28 but obviously now they have done well they have shoved the prices up.
    youonlycametooseeeboue

Post by youonlycametooseeeboue Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:28 am

tbf, it is the new stadium. i'm more than willing to pay handsomly if it helps arsenal football club. the prices will go down eventually
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:30 am

yeah maybe 50-60 but 94 Shocked

Goater if this is true and arsenal raise it to 94, it is bad for other fans also, people such as the glazers, will rise prices with a statement saying, still a lot cheaper than arsenal chelsea etc, just makes it easier for everyone else to rise prices aswell.
    youonlycametooseeeboue

Post by youonlycametooseeeboue Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:33 am

i think the prices are high at arsenal because it a new stadium. ask sgoater what the prices were like when the city stadium opened. that'll be intyeresting
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:41 am

Even for a cl final, 94 is a bit much. Just for a normal league game is crazy.
    The stadium is super, i hated Highbury looked shit, and impossible to get an away ticket.
    Hopefully you right they will go down in time, To be honest i cant see anyone buying £94 tickets for a game against blackburn or something.
    youonlycametooseeeboue

Post by youonlycametooseeeboue Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:44 am

if it were available. i'd go for it no questions asked.
    for the final, 500 quid was my limit. i live in belgium, ill snatch at opportunity to see an arsenal match
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:59 am

l r d wrote:Even for a cl final, 94 is a bit much. Just for a normal league game is crazy.
    The stadium is super, i hated Highbury looked shit, and impossible to get an away ticket.
    Hopefully you right they will go down in time, To be honest i cant see anyone buying £94 tickets for a game against blackburn or something.
    I remember at 13 being at Highbury in the early seventies watching Spurs......The crowd surged forward and not being able to touch the ground for what felt like 10 yards...... Neutral

Looks like arsenal will average say 45 pounds a ticket X 60000 =2.7 million a game X 19 = 51,300,000 for home games is that right or would the average ticket be less
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:32 am

analyse the cheapest prices what are they and i bet there aren't too many 94 quid tiks and chelsea top prie is actually v similar just there aren't v many and they don't advertise cos of aggro like this
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:37 am

Its disgusting prices - partly why I go and watch Charlton more often than Arsenal - Think I may only be going to about 3 arsenal games this season
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:39 am

The thing is though - people will still pay it - there are too many people with too much money in Islington

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:35 pm