Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
TM
Since 1888
Murray
Fey
Batman
Football Genius
forza_rossi
Zack
The Pröfessör
Tom
Dwarf
Owen Thomas
Super Progress
COTR
Deluded F*ck™
Parks lives
Ricardo Jol
Deano
DeLux
Kimbo
Sheffield gunner
Tweesus
26 posters

Premiership discussion 26/27 December

Luis

Premiership discussion 26/27 December Empty Premiership discussion 26/27 December

Post by Luis Mon Dec 25, 2006 5:02 pm

Tuesday, 26 December 2006
    Blackburn v Liverpool, 15:00
    Bolton v Newcastle, 15:00
    Chelsea v Reading, 13:00
    Everton v Middlesbrough, 15:00
    Man Utd v Wigan, 15:00
    Sheff Utd v Man City, 15:00
    Tottenham v Aston Villa, 13:00
    Watford v Arsenal, 17:30
    West Ham v Portsmouth, 13:00

Wednesday, 27 December 2006
    Charlton v Fulham, 20:00

A few interesting ones here:

' The big 4'

Liverpool should make it 8 league games umbeaten at Rovers tomorrow, however i'm not under-estimating Rovers who desperately need the points and need to restore confidence after their 6-2 defeat to Arsenal at the weekend.

Chelsea should have a confortable game V Reading, who despite having a good season will be a bit deflated after their awful performace against Everton at the weekend, Chelsea of course might want to get back to comfortable winning ways after scraping through against Everton and Wigan.

Again United shouldn't have much trouble when Wigan come to town, although Wigan have shown us they can match the big boys on their day and were desperately unlucky not to get anything against Chelsea at the weekend.

Arsenal's confidence will be sky high as they go to Watford tomorrow, after their impressive 6-2 win over Blackburn on saturday, they need to win to keep up with the 3rd place race.

Bolton V Newcastle

Both teams in good form, Bolton having an impressive season while newcastle are only starting to find their form, a great win over Spurs on saturday will give them confidence but it wont be easy away at Bolton.

West Ham V Pompey

Both teams need the win for different reasons, for pompey it's a chance to put more pressure on Liverpool, Arsenal and Bolton, they'll be favorites, but West Ham will be looking to get out of the relegation zone and help Curbs establish an unbeaten record so far with West Ham
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Premiership discussion 26/27 December Empty Re: Premiership discussion 26/27 December

Post by Tweesus Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:42 pm

this must be the first boxing Day ever that there hasn't been the full ten games scratch
    S4P

Premiership discussion 26/27 December Empty Re: Premiership discussion 26/27 December

Post by S4P Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:55 pm

Chelsea to win 3-1.

Drogba, Ballack, Shevchenko.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:57 pm

'S4P' of Orient Are wrote:Chelsea to win 3-1.

Only 3-1?

Pretty poor, the way Reading are playing at present you should be looking for at least a clean sheet and maybe 4 goals Wink
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:00 am

After you last prediction I am temped to put money on that happening. Wink
    S4P

Post by S4P Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:05 am

Tinseldum wrote:

Only 3-1?

Pretty poor, the way Reading are playing at present you should be looking for at least a clean sheet and maybe 4 goals Wink

There won't be any clean sheet for us. We have Hilario in goal, and no John Terry.

I will be amazed if we keep a clean sheet.
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Sheffield gunner Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:12 am

S4P, do you think Mourinho will look to strengthen your defence this Janurary? I know Gallas was forced to play all over the place last year, but he was much more comfortable than Boularouz has been so far this season. Will you perserve with Boularouz or do you think there will be changes during the transfer window?
    S4P

Post by S4P Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:38 am

Sheffield gunner wrote:S4P, do you think Mourinho will look to strengthen your defence this Janurary? I know Gallas was forced to play all over the place last year, but he was much more comfortable than Boularouz has been so far this season. Will you perserve with Boularouz or do you think there will be changes during the transfer window?

Maybe, I have no idea. I think it will be one of Danny Alves, or Miguel if Jose goes for a RB, although it looks likely (and I hope) that Glen Johnson will return in the summer. He has substantially matured this season.

Boula, like Sheva and Ballack just needs games imo. I think that next season all 3 will be much more impressive Ale But your right, Gallas was a fantastic player for us (and I still rate him very highly, I just don't like his attitude).

The only player who I can see leaving in January is Wright-Phillips, who just hasn't settled. I think he'd do well at a club like Arsenal, who play kick, passing and moving entertaining football. Ale
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:06 am

Bolton v Newcastle is, ofcourse, the big one of the weekend. Bolton are the favs but i reckon we could nick a draw(especially with Diouf out), or maybe a win if Dyer and Martins take full advantage of their slow defence.

My team(assuming Given is out)...

-----------------Srnicek-----------------

Solano--Taylor--Ramage--Huntington

---------------------------Butt-----------
    -------------Parker----------------------
    Milner-------------------------------Duff/Emre
    ---------------------------Dyer----------
    -----------------Martins-----------------

I'm getting pissed off with people assuming they're going to score past our "shit" defence. This is NOT the same defence we were playing earlier in the season(Carr--Bramble--Moore--Babayaro), none of the current 4 are prone to errors. We've let in 21 goals this season, that's 4 LESS than Spurs and Reading, the same amount as Villa, and 1 more than Everton. 11 teams have let in more goals, worst defence in the league my arse!!!
    DeLux
    DeLux

Number of posts : 4399
    Supports : Celta Vigo
    Favourite Player : Mostovoi, Xavi, David Silva, Valerón, Raúl
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by DeLux Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:20 am

When Roeder has a full squad Newcastle get good results (now, and at the end of last season). It's the fact that he sounds like he's been lobotomised is why that the press don't take a shine to him.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:56 am

West Ham 3-1 Portsmouth Ale

COME ON YOU IRONS!!!!!!!
    COME ON YOU IRONS!!!!!!!!
    Luis

Post by Luis Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:08 pm

Bellamy and gerrard slight doubts for today, not happy about this!
    S4P

Post by S4P Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:42 pm

CHELSEA:

40 Hilario
    14 Geremi
    20 Paulo Ferreira
    06 Ricardo Carvalho
    18 Wayne Bridge
    13 Michael Ballack
    05 Michael Essien
    08 Frank Lampard (C)
    07 Andriy Shevchenko
    11 Didier Drogba
    21 Soloman Kalou

-----------------Hilario-----------------

Geremi--Carvalho--Ferreira--Bridge

-----------------Essien-----------------
    ------Ballack-----------Lampard------

Kalou-------Drogba------Shevchenko
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:50 pm

S4P how many goals and who will score today....?

...so i can go to the bookies right now...
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:51 pm

S4P wrote:Chelsea to win 3-1.

O wait..... I will go to the bookies ..... NOW... Whistle
    Luis

Post by Luis Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:55 pm

good to see Chelsea have got rid of the clown known as 'Boulharouz' from the starting line up
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:00 pm

FFS, why are people so stupid? I've just browsed a couple of Bolton forums and they're all saying "Bramble is shit, we need need to get at him" etc etc etc. He's been injured for a while now, he's not in our bloody squad!!! MORONS! Grr
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:29 pm

This really seems to be bothering you Kimbo...

It's not their fault you have a shit defence Razz
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:42 pm

Bloody hell, Chelsea have been average again and yet score from a set peice. FFS!!
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:01 pm

Spurs 0-0 Villa (HT)

Poor game from us so far - we are generally controlling play, but have only made Kiraly work twice.

I hope people now realise the difference that Lennon makes to us - I can't imagine N'Zogshit or Milner being so important to a team.

Dawson had another Dodgy moment, and the greyhound #15 was in on goal, But King Ledley took care of that.

We need: A 2nd quick, skilful winger, and a new goalkeeper.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:18 pm

United line up

----------- Van Der Sar

Brown --- Vidic --- Silvestre --- Evra

Fletcher -- O'Shea -- Scholes -- Park

---------- Rooney -- Solskjaer

Subs: Kuzy, Heinze, Ronaldo, Richardson, Saha.

Bit of a risk!
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:26 pm

chelsea Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

hilarious wathcing shevchenko try to play football though. the man is a joke
    Rosicky

Post by Rosicky Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:26 pm

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL READING!
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:26 pm

woooohooooooooooo

time for the last minute 30 yard fluke now
    Sheffield gunner

Number of posts : 16403
    Supports : Arsenal

Post by Sheffield gunner Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:27 pm

Great header from Lita, poor marking from Chelsea. Debatable whether Lita was just offside or not, but I think Reading deserved an equaliser for their second half performance.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:27 pm

They'll still win Chelsea. Rolling Eyes

Another poor performance again though.
    Rosicky

Post by Rosicky Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:28 pm

my money is on ballack to get the 30 yard winner today Whistle
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:28 pm

i still think chelsea will win and prob with 2 goals.
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:29 pm

Sheffield gunner wrote:Great header from Lita, poor marking from Chelsea. Debatable whether Lita was just offside or not, but I think Reading deserved an equaliser for their second half performance.
    just goes to show how stupid all the terry haters are. they are not even close to the same without him

Liverpool - Reina, Hyypia, Agger, Finnan, Riise, Carragher, Gerrard, Gonzalez, Alonso, Crouch, Bellamy. Subs - Dudek, Garcia, Aurelio, Pennant, Kuyt
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:29 pm

Rafa the Grinch wrote:
    hilarious wathcing shevchenko try to play football though. the man is a joke

That's a bit harsh.

He's shoved out on the right again today. It's ridiculous.

I hope for his own sake he escapes this wretched football club ASAP, though then everyone will remember him as another flop in the premiership, just because his manager refuses to play him to his strengths.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:18 pm