Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Pierre Littbarski
DS
Deano
"Tuffy" Monag
COTR
Since 1888
Super Milanista!
Ricardo Jol
Deluded F*ck™
poiuy1
14 posters

Mourinho to leave at the end of the season?

Luis

Mourinho to leave at the end of the season? Empty Mourinho to leave at the end of the season?

Post by Luis Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:30 am

the topic of today it seems, all over the papers about Mourinho having his last season at Chelsea this season, apparantly he's 'fallen out' with certain board membors *cough* Peter Kenyon.

There's been criticism of his big name signings and the overall impression is that it's job done now for Jose and it's time for a fresh change.

what do you make of it?
    poiuy1

Number of posts : 2654
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Mourinho to leave at the end of the season? Empty Re: Mourinho to leave at the end of the season?

Post by poiuy1 Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:34 am

I think he was always going to leave this summer, Inter will be his destination
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Mourinho to leave at the end of the season? Empty Re: Mourinho to leave at the end of the season?

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:36 am

Great. A more arrogant Hector Cuper.

Would Personally keep Mancio.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!

Post by Ricardo Jol Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:36 am

AZ are also looking after him....Laughing

Well... Guus.... it seems to be you get another double management role... Russia and Chelski....

Roman adores you and you know that...!
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:37 am

RickyWishYouAJollyNewYear wrote:AZ is also lookiung after him....Laughing

Well... Guus.... it seems to be you get another double management role... Russia and Chelski....

I dont know why chelsea would have Hiddink over Mourinho to be honest, Jose's got a far better record at club level by a considerable amount
    poiuy1

Post by poiuy1 Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:38 am

can't see Hiddink working, would he be allowed to revamp the squad to suit his style
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:40 am

Luis wrote:

I dont know why chelsea would have Hiddink over Mourinho to be honest, Jose's got a far better record at club level by a considerable amount

How can you say that...? Hiddink won more league championships, more national cup, he also won the Champions league, he won the world Cup, he almost had success everywhere he went to....Shocked
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:41 am

poiuy1 wrote:can't see Hiddink working, would he be allowed to revamp the squad to suit his style

Hiddink has NO style he makes the best team from the players he has...
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:45 am

RickyWishYouAJollyNewYear wrote:
    poiuy1 wrote:can't see Hiddink working, would he be allowed to revamp the squad to suit his style

Hiddink has NO style he makes the best team from the players he has...
    That's very true. Gus Hiddink maximises the strengths of what he already has.

South Koreans = High Tempo sharp nippy football.

Holland - lots of creativity & technique.

PSV - Strong counter-attacking.
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:45 am

Luis wrote:

How can you say that...? Hiddink won more league championships, more national cup, he also won the Champions league, he won the world Cup, he almost had success everywhere he went to....Shocked

Jose

With F.C. Porto:
    Portuguese Championships (2): 2002/03; 2003/04
    SuperCup Cândido de Oliveira: 2003
    Cup of Portugal: 2002/03
    UEFA Cup: 2002/03
    UEFA Champions League: 2003/04

With Chelsea FC:
    FA Premier League (2): 2004/05; 2005/06
    Football League Cup: 2004/05
    FA Community Shield: 2005

Hiddink

1986/87 - Eredivisie: Champion with PSV Eindhoven.
    1987/88 - European Cup: Champion with PSV.
    1987/88 - Eredivisie: Champion with PSV.
    1987/88 - KNVB Cup: Champion with PSV.
    1988/89 - Eredivisie: Champion with PSV.
    1998/89 - UEFA Champion's League: Champion with PSV.
    1988/89 - KNVB Cup: Champion with PSV.
    1989/90 - KNVB Cup: Champion with PSV.
    1998 - Intercontinental Cup (football): Champion with Real Madrid.
    2002/03 - Eredivisie: Champion with PSV.
    2004/05 - Eredivisie: Champion with PSV.
    2004/05 - KNVB Cup: Champion with PSV.
    2005/06 - Eredivisie: Champion with PSV.

which is the more impressive?
    poiuy1

Post by poiuy1 Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:45 am

i meant more would he be allowed to drop players like Ballack Lampard Sheva etc.

if not then essentially wouldn't they be playing the same football
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:51 am

Luis wrote:
    Luis wrote:

Jose

With F.C. Porto:
    Portuguese Championships (2): 2002/03; 2003/04
    SuperCup Cândido de Oliveira: 2003
    Cup of Portugal: 2002/03
    UEFA Cup: 2002/03
    UEFA Champions League: 2003/04

With Chelsea FC:
    FA Premier League (2): 2004/05; 2005/06
    Football League Cup: 2004/05
    FA Community Shield: 2005

Hiddink

1986/87 - Eredivisie: Champion with PSV Eindhoven.
    1987/88 - European Cup: Champion with PSV.
    1987/88 - Eredivisie: Champion with PSV.
    1987/88 - KNVB Cup: Champion with PSV.
    1988/89 - Eredivisie: Champion with PSV.
    1998/89 - UEFA Champion's League: Champion with PSV.
    1988/89 - KNVB Cup: Champion with PSV.
    1989/90 - KNVB Cup: Champion with PSV.
    1998 - Intercontinental Cup (football): Champion with Real Madrid.
    2002/03 - Eredivisie: Champion with PSV.
    2004/05 - Eredivisie: Champion with PSV.
    2004/05 - KNVB Cup: Champion with PSV.
    2005/06 - Eredivisie: Champion with PSV.

which is the more impressive?

Hiddinks list is larger plus the fact he spent less money than Mourinho... So I can't see why Mourinho would be more impressive... Because he had some success within the English borders...?

Mourinho is not even allowed to clean hiddinks boots yet...!
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:54 am

Hiddinks had far more time than Jose though
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Number of posts : 1774
    Supports : Milan (IE: Rossoneri, Diavoli)
    Registration date : 2006-10-10

Post by Super Milanista! Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:55 am

I don't want to see him at Inter... or anywhere near Italy, he can take teh Portugal job.
    There was an article in our local newspaper today criticising(whatever) him and how he fails to get the best out of Ballack and Sheva, because he doesn't know how to play them in the rolls they are used too.
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:56 am

Super Milanista! wrote:I don't want to see him at Inter... or anywhere near Italy, he can take teh Portugal job.
    There was an article in our local newspaper today criticising(whatever) him and how he fails to get the best out of Ballack and Sheva, because he doesn't know how to play them in the rolls they are used too.

is someone perhaps a little angry at Jose stealing Sheva from the mighty Milan? Very Happy
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:57 am

Yeah i never thought Jose would be off. But all the signs are there. He does not get on with Kenyon. The troubles with Sheva, and Sheva being Romans friend, and really Romans buy. The Mikel troubles, the gallas thing, the board not being happy with him etc. I wouldn't mind him at Man Utd, so if he can wait 3-4 years then great.

Probably Inter i guess, why not ac milan though?
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:58 am

L r d wrote:Yeah i never thought Jose would be off. But all the signs are there. He does not get on with Kenyon. The troubles with Sheva, and Sheva being Romans friend, and really Romans buy. The Mikel troubles, the gallas thing, the board not being happy with him etc. I wouldn't mind him at Man Utd, so if he can wait 3-4 years then great.

Did Jose not say though that if Abromavich was to buy a player without Jose's go ahead then he would walk out?
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:59 am

no, I don't care about sheva, he made his chioce it was wrong and now he should leave to go back to dynamo kyiv so he can save himself, before he lands up in a worse position.
    I just can't stand the guy Lu or practically anyone in Chelsea besides a handfull of players.
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:00 am

L r d wrote:Yeah i never thought Jose would be off. But all the signs are there. He does not get on with Kenyon. The troubles with Sheva, and Sheva being Romans friend, and really Romans buy. The Mikel troubles, the gallas thing, the board not being happy with him etc. I wouldn't mind him at Man Utd, so if he can wait 3-4 years then great.

NOOOOOO! Evil or Very Mad Never
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:00 am

Super Milanista! wrote:no, I don't care about sheva, he made his chioce it was wrong and now he should leave to go back to dynamo kyiv so he can save himself, before he lands up in a worse position.
    I just can't stand the guy Lu or practically anyone in Chelsea besides a handfull of players.

Laughing ye most of the world feels like this!, no but I will give Chelsea credit for winning back to back titles, only because they didn't bring in 'big stars' to do so, now that they've brought in big shots I have no sympathy for them
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:01 am

Luis wrote:

Did Jose not say though that if Abromavich was to buy a player without Jose's go ahead then he would walk out?

Roman met sheva numerous times, asked him to come numerous times. Obviously jose agreed to get sheva, but really roman pulled the strings. just like the gerrard deal, kenyon came up to jose and said gerrard might be available would you want him, he said yes. It was not jose going up to kenyon. also apparently lampard says he plays for roman not jose. and ballack moaning about the style of play.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:02 am

I loved Pirlo's "As for the ENGLISH STUDENT" study

Mourinho has too big an ego to let Roman dictate to him who the players in the squad should be be.

Last edited by on Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Since 1888
    Since 1888

Number of posts : 5171
    Supports : Sparta Rotterdam
    Favourite Player : Sepp de Roover

Post by Since 1888 Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:03 am

Luis wrote:Hiddinks had far more time than Jose though

And Hiddink had succes with national teams as well.
    Hiddink would be the perfect replacement for Chelsea.
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:03 am

L r d wrote:
    Luis wrote:

Roman met sheva numerous times, asked him to come numerous times. Obviously jose agreed to get sheva, but really roman pulled the strings. just like the gerrard deal, kenyon came up to jose and said gerrard might be available would you want him, he said yes. It was not jose going up to kenyon. also apparently lampard says he plays for roman not jose. and ballack moaning about the style of play.

I generally don't believe this is true, I rate Lampard as a professional, I think the players play for one man and that is Jose, sure Roman has his say i'm sure but at the end of the day if you were to ask any Chelsea player what they think of Mourinho i'm sure they'd praise him immensely.
    Super Milanista!
    Super Milanista!

Post by Super Milanista! Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:04 am

TeamSpirit™️ wrote:I loved Pirlo's "As for the ENGLISH STUDENT" study

lol! it was very funny. Though I really pity Sheva now and I feel for him. He must go back to Kiev
    Luis

Post by Luis Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:04 am

Since 1888 wrote:
    Luis wrote:Hiddinks had far more time than Jose though

And Hiddink had succes with national teams as well.
    Hiddink would be the perfect replacement for Chelsea.

I was talking about club managerial records
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:18 am

Super Milanista! wrote:
    TeamSpirit™️ wrote:I loved Pirlo's "As for the ENGLISH STUDENT" study

lol! it was very funny. Though I really pity Sheva now and I feel for him. He must go back to Kiev
    plz don't.. this man earns 130 grand a week... save your pity for other people plz Wink
    "Tuffy" Monag

Number of posts : 405
    Supports : SLB
    Registration date : 2007-01-03

Post by "Tuffy" Monag Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:27 am

If Mourinho was to leave Chelsea at the seasons end, probably most Chelsea fans will be happy, because it'll mean that they'd won the champons league.
    L r d

Post by L r d Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:48 am

"Tuffy" Monag wrote:If Mourinho was to leave Chelsea at the seasons end, probably most Chelsea fans will be happy, because it'll mean that they'd won the champons league.

I get the feeling, it's leave or be told to leave
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:56 am

TeamSpirit™ wrote:Great. A more arrogant Hector Cuper.

Would Personally keep Mancio.

Mancio could be the new Samp manager....was always linked with coming back to the club he loves!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:36 am