Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Batman
TM
mongrel hawk
Dwarf
Napoléon
Deano
BoBo Vieri 32
Oleguerisntthatbad
Calidad
A & K
The Pröfessör
The Easter Bunny
Super Progress
Barrilete
18 posters

The official France-Argentina thread

Barrilete
    Barrilete

Number of posts : 2336
    Supports : Club Atlético Boca Juniors
    Favourite Player : Maxi Lopez, aka, TWD (The White Drogba)
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

The official France-Argentina thread Empty The official France-Argentina thread

Post by Barrilete Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:07 pm

After two defeats Basile will try to get this currently being built team its first win (yeah nice team to try...I hope we're not paying anybody for this fixture) against France(last game the two nations faced each other was 21 years ago...before Gago was even born). As oposed to his usual display on the field(4-3-1-2 with a clear play maker) Alfio "Coco" Basile pressed by circumstances like the whole dying of the pure 10 position, the injury of Aimar, the need for a less risking scheme when facing last WC's finalists who pretty much have had the same team and same coach until now, very physical opposition, etc, has chosen a more conservative 4-4-2 formation.

With 9 players that played for the "albiceleste" at Germany the starting XI will be:
    The official France-Argentina thread Equipoarg1hp3

Zanetti of 8?...hmmm...I know that he is playing there at Inter but we could do with some fullbacks right now since Burdisso and Heinze aren't specially known for going forward to the end and sending crosses(needed when the defence is closed inside the area), Saviola will have to do this and in addition to Crespo, Cambiasso or Lucho will have to surprise there looking for the header...Lucho Gonzales(

affraid ) will probably have a free role and move throughout the field acting more or less as the link between midfield and the two forwards(Old habits die hard for Basile)

Anyone got the staring XI of "le Bleus"?
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

The official France-Argentina thread Empty Re: The official France-Argentina thread

Post by Super Progress Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:44 pm

i can see argentina having big problems with that formation. i mean henize and burdisso arent really attacking players and then zanetti-lucho combo which again isnt the most attacking. its a weird tactic and i just cant see it working.isnt there any nr.10 in the argentina league which are good enough.
    The Easter Bunny
    The Easter Bunny

Number of posts : 8563
    Supports : Cambridge
    Favourite Player : Pitt, Potter, Wilkshire, Carden and Larsson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

The official France-Argentina thread Empty Re: The official France-Argentina thread

Post by The Easter Bunny Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:56 pm

burdisso lol!

your doomed
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:58 pm

France:

------------Coupet

sagnol-----squillaci--Escude---Abidal

ribery-----vieira----Makelele----Malouda

-----------Trezeguet----henry
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:59 pm

punty wrote:burdisso lol!

your doomed

he has done bad for inter recently.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:02 pm

yes but the russian based company that currently owns our national team only wants euro based players since it's more commercially suitable for TV.

Anyway I also see Argentina having very serious trouble today..leaving the lack of offensive players apart I'm particularly worried by our defense and a possible aerial game by France(If they lost against that dead piece of meat that is Klose I can't imagine how terrible it will be today).

I'm particularly worried about Gago too too much expected form him too soon...Real Madrid and now his debut with the senior squad against France...I hope I'm mistaken but I say we loose big time today...France scoring three
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:05 pm

if zanetti and lucho moves alot then gago might not have a hard game but i can imagine those players being kind of stall. i heard of the agreement and i cant really understand how such things can be made. does it only count for friendly games or that it apply in qualifiers aswell.
    Barrilete
    Barrilete

Post by Barrilete Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:31 pm

just for friendly games I believe

I haven't seen much of Burdisso really but the few games I've watched recently he did a good job on his position.

I see Gago playing as the only 5 in the team with Cambiasso and Zanetti(??) on the sides with Lucho(again affraid )linking up front

In gral I like the team, I would change Messi(coming back form an injury) for Lucho, Maxi Rodriguez(also injured) for Zanetti and Zanetti for burdisso though
    A & K

Number of posts : 3347
    Registration date : 2006-08-12

Post by A & K Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:39 pm

I really can't see France scoring three. Firstly because it will be the first time this defense will play alongside... and I am bit worried about the Squillaci-Escude partnership in central defense who only have a few selection each. Secondly, Malouda and Abidal who are essential in this new system implemented before the world cup are really playing badly for Lyon. Most of the attacking options come from their combination..
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC
    Registration date : 2006-08-25

Post by Calidad Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:06 pm

If Argentina can find a Crespo heir, they will be fine for the immediate future. A lot of talent in that side.

Messi, Tevez, Masch, Aimar, Riquelme(possibly), Dimichelis I imagine will all strengthen the squad.

And Kun, Palacio & Higuain I'm sure have bright futures.

Finding a CB with the same quality as Ayala will be difficult tho.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:13 pm

Hopefully Gonzalo will regain his old form..
    Calidad
    Calidad

Number of posts : 7996
    Supports : Hibernian FC

Post by Calidad Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:13 pm

Oh yea forgot about him. good player
    BoBo Vieri 32
    BoBo Vieri 32

Number of posts : 10187
    Supports : Whichever Serie A team is doing best in the Champions League/Port Vale
    Favourite Player : Andy Townsend, Robbie Earle
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by BoBo Vieri 32 Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:34 pm

Calidad wrote:If Argentina can find a Crespo heir, they will be fine for the immediate future. A lot of talent in that side.

Messi, Tevez, Masch, Aimar, Riquelme(possibly), Dimichelis I imagine will all strengthen the squad.

Does anyone know how Cavenaghi is doing?

I think Argentina have plenty of good centre backs but no attacking fullbacks.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:44 pm

BoBo Vieri wrote:
    Calidad wrote:If Argentina can find a Crespo heir, they will be fine for the immediate future. A lot of talent in that side.

Does anyone know how Cavenaghi is doing?

I think Argentina have plenty of good centre backs but no attacking fullbacks.

Didn't he just sign for Bordeaux?
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:44 pm

Agooner wrote:

your doomed

affraid Hes been doing well
    Napoléon
    Napoléon

Number of posts : 1170
    Supports : Les Bleus - Marseille

Post by Napoléon Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:50 pm

Our defense Squilaci and Escudé is totally inexperimented. All our CB (Thuram, Gallas, Mexes, Boumsong) are injuried.
    It would be interesting to see (one more time) the duo Henry-Trezeguet.

My prediction : 0-0

At HT France U21 3 Switzerland U21 0 (with Gourcuff, Nasri, Ben Arfa and Menez...). I don't know yet who scored.
    Napoléon
    Napoléon

Post by Napoléon Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:51 pm

Yes, Cavenaghi just signed for Bordeaux and only played 1 game.
    Dwarf

Number of posts : 7502
    Supports : Operation Puerto
    Favourite Player : Dr. Eufemiano Fuentes

Post by Dwarf Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:05 pm

Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:yes but the russian based company that currently owns our national team only wants euro based players since it's more commercially suitable for TV.

Is that confirmed? Or just a coincidental rumour?

I know if I was a manager I wouldn't be best pleased to know one of my best players was flying half way across the globe for a home friendly in another continent. Especially considering if the friendly was based in South America half of the European teams major players wouldn't turn up.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:10 pm

Controversy wrote:
    Barrilete_Cosmico wrote:yes but the russian based company that currently owns our national team only wants euro based players since it's more commercially suitable for TV.

Is that confirmed? Or just a coincidental rumour?

I know if I was a manager I wouldn't be best pleased to know one of my best players was flying half way across the globe for a home friendly in another continent. Especially considering if the friendly was based in South America half of the European teams major players wouldn't turn up.

Yes that is confirmed... but most of the Argentinean squad plays in Europe so it makes sense except for the most important part.. the fans..
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Post by The Pröfessör Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:14 pm

Deaño-WHUFC wrote:
    Agooner wrote:

your doomed

It was a mistake. I wanted to write "He has not done bad for inter recently" in response to punty's negative comments about him.
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:50 pm

argentina will kick france's arse in the name of south america. we cannot lose 2 in a row... Very Happy

by the way, next time how about you guys come to play in here. it's always in europe and it's not fair. it would be a piece of cake for us in here... Cool
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:52 pm

Expanding the stadium in Manaus for all those tricky home games? Wink
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:55 pm

Agooner wrote:
    Deaño-WHUFC wrote:
    Agooner wrote:

your doomed

It was a mistake. I wanted to write "He has not done bad for inter recently" in response to punty's negative comments about him.

ok
    mongrel hawk
    mongrel hawk

Number of posts : 4757
    Supports : Corinthians
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by mongrel hawk Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:58 pm

no need. I'd like to see an euuropean team playing against argentina in the Bombonera...

or against brazil at Maracanã

or even Uruguay at Centenário <Ale>

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:Expanding the stadium in Manaus for all those tricky home games? Wink
    Napoléon
    Napoléon

Post by Napoléon Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:48 pm

If you are not happy to play in Europe, stay at home and play against teams from your continent (Chili, Paraguay, Brazil, Colombia) , and we will do the same (England, Germany, Spain, Holland, Italy). I don't think it would be a big loss for us....

Edit :

Last 2 Argentina games : 2 defeat ?

We have a famous proverb in france : "Jamais 2 sans 3" (Never 2 without 3), that's means tonight it will be your 3rd defeat mate Wink
    Napoléon
    Napoléon

Post by Napoléon Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:54 pm

Last game France 2 Argentina 0 just before the WC86....
    Napoléon
    Napoléon

Post by Napoléon Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:16 pm

Beautiful team goal by Argentina
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:17 pm

Scorer?
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:29 pm

Saviola
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:30 pm

Yeah found out...

Savi seems to finding some real form!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:16 am