Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+15
Deluded F*ck™
debaser
Mulletmassive
Batman
Hardrada
Tweesus
Isco Benny
DS
poiuy1
E.M.
Parks lives
Clergyman Superstains
Kimbo
Dick Grayson
The-Frank-Tavern
19 posters

Hargreaves to Man Utd.? he speaks

The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Hargreaves to Man Utd.? he speaks Empty Hargreaves to Man Utd.? he speaks

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:44 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/4798403.stm
    Luis

Hargreaves to Man Utd.? he speaks Empty Re: Hargreaves to Man Utd.? he speaks

Post by Luis Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:45 pm

he's decent but i'd rather have Momo sissoko
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:46 pm

Hargreaves>>>>>>>>>>Sissoko
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Number of posts : 5265
    Supports : AC Milan, RM and MU (82-09)
    Favourite Player : DB7 Becks CR7 TRW
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Dick Grayson Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:46 pm

I would LOVE to have Sissoko...wow what a player!!! ok

(Stuff Hargearves!!! Grr)
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Kimbo Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:47 pm

luisgarciahedrinkssangria wrote:he's decent but i'd rather have Momo sissoko

Does the thought of a player that can tackle AND pass put you off?
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:47 pm

Hargreaves is hardly the best midfielder in my opinion, United should be doing better than that
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:48 pm

Dick your crazy, Sissoko is a v good player but now hargreaves is much better imho, and available whereas sissoko is not
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:48 pm

Dick Grayson wrote:I would LOVE to have Sissoko...wow what a player!!! ok

Remember on the first board i said we might well play a midfield next season of carrick fletcher and hargreaves to wind you up....it's come true Laugh
    Clergyman Superstains
    Clergyman Superstains

Number of posts : 410
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Clergyman Superstains Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:48 pm

Hargreaves would be great for United, but were would that leave Fletcher?
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:48 pm

What do you think the transfer fee would be?

Ballack has gone and also Ismael out for 6 months so Demichelis will be moved to centre back. Hargreaves is Bayerns only real Defensive Midfielder.

I think Ze Roberto has also left Bayern......
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:48 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:Hargreaves>>>>>>>>>>Sissoko

Defensively - Sissoko > Hargeaves
    Technique - Hargreaves > Sissoko.

Hargreaves is definitely the more rounded player, but I wouldn't swap Momo for him. That's not the point of this topic though - would be a great buy for Man Utd, provided they don't spend more than £11-12 million, which they no doubt will.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:49 pm

It's funny. One good match for england, and people who have never seen him play for bayern, but who have seen momo play consistantly well for liverpool, declare that he is by far the better player.

Funny that, huh?
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:49 pm

it is crouching, Everyone hated hargrwaves before the world cup.........

fickle
    Dick Grayson
    Dick Grayson

Number of posts : 5265
    Supports : AC Milan, RM and MU (82-09)
    Favourite Player : DB7 Becks CR7 TRW
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Dick Grayson Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:50 pm

l r d wrote:
    Dick Grayson wrote:I would LOVE to have Sissoko...wow what a player!!! ok

Remember on the first board i said we might well play a midfield next season of carrick fletcher and hargreaves to wind you up....it's come true Laugh
    Fighting Fighting Fighting Fighting Fighting
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:52 pm

Not people on here.

Alot of people, Frank and Obi included had been championing Hargreaves to be in the England side, in front of Lampard.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:52 pm

Crouching Tiger wrote:It's funny. One good match for england, and people who have never seen him play for bayern, but who have seen momo play consistantly well for liverpool, declare that he is by far the better player.

Funny that, huh?
    crouching your relatively new to this baord but many of us have seen hargreaves play for bayern quite regularly and know he is currently better than sissoko and were calling for his inclusion in the england side long before it happened or was popular
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:53 pm

haha he is not currently better than Sissoko

Post by Guest Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:54 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:
    Crouching Tiger wrote:It's funny. One good match for england, and people who have never seen him play for bayern, but who have seen momo play consistantly well for liverpool, declare that he is by far the better player.

Funny that, huh?
    crouching your relatively new to this baord but many of us have seen hargreaves play for bayern quite regularly and know he is currently better than sissoko and were calling for his inclusion in the england side long before it happened or was popular
    If kind of focusing on fans collectivly, not individuals. I'm sure a lot of people on here have seen him play for Bayern, I'm sure a few havn't. I'm just saying that all the mancs will be 'bigging him up' eventhough they were calling for his head before his good WC
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:54 pm

so tell me LGHDS apart from the WC how many times have you seen hargreaves play?
    E.M.
    E.M.

Number of posts : 323
    Favourite Player : Young Athlete
    Registration date : 2006-08-13

Post by E.M. Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:55 pm

i only remember Obi,Frank,myself,Our German friends asking for Hargreaves to be in the first team but some people started following the media's witch hunt Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes .

hopefully Hargreaves signs and SAF loans us his Son Cool
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:55 pm

Well i've seen him on occasions on eurosports, but all these 'fans' seemed to have formed an opinion of him before the world cup that he's crap, now he's suddenly united quality?

Sissoko is brilliant i think everyone saw that against Chelsea
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:56 pm

luisgarciahedrinkssangria wrote:haha he is not currently better than Sissoko

I'd disagree. I love Momo, but Hargreaves can actually add something else to a team aswell. Sissoko isn't anywhere as bad a passer as some on here suggest, but Hargreaves is better at that - watch the first half against Sweden for just a snippet of proof. Hargreaves can also take a set piece aswell.

Hargreaves is closer to Vieira than Sissoko, but he's not tall and black, so the comparisons are redundant.

I'd still rather Sissoko though, because Hargreaves will cost over twice as much and I don't feel he's twice the player. And Momo's younger.
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:56 pm

I never seen him play for bayern more than 5 times. But if he consistently got in there team he was obviously quite good. Having Hansen show a 2 min edit of his worst moments, crucify him and leave out everything good he done in friendlies didnt help.
    His quality showed in the end, newspapers apologising how often does that happen?
    I rate sissoko quite high myself, But certainly a good signing.
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:57 pm

lets agree too disagree

Post by Guest Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:58 pm

does this rule out the senna move?
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:58 pm

E.M. wrote:i only remember Obi,Frank,myself,Our German friends asking for Hargreaves to be in the first team but some people started following the media's witch hunt Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes .

hopefully Hargreaves signs and SAF loans us his Son Cool

I'll be quite honest, I wanted Carrick instead of Hargreaves to replace Lampard.

I still would of taken Hargreaves over Lampard though, as Gerrard and Lampard is an awful combo.
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:59 pm

its an awful combo because Gerrard is the better player and yet it's lumpard who is used as the more attacking of the two
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:01 pm

luisgarciahedrinkssangria wrote:Well i've seen him on occasions on eurosports, but all these 'fans' seemed to have formed an opinion of him before the world cup that he's crap, now he's suddenly united quality?

Sissoko is brilliant i think everyone saw that against Chelsea
    on eurosport 2 min clips, do me a favour, to judge hargreaves takes a lot more than that, i´ve seen bayern on canal+ on numeorus occasions last season, and i know he is currently better than sissoko, although i agree sissoko is a v good player and i can see why obispo would want momo over hargreaves as i agree the money issue would be a factor. but that doesn´t change the fact that currently hargreaves is better than sissoko imho, and this baord is full of people who don´t just watch the prem , its whats so good about it so don´t use the stereotypical arguments here as it simply isn´t the norm, most posters areasonably well informed
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:02 pm

As far as I remember, after the Hungary performance alot of people on this board - I think Parky and Kimbo were 2 of them - didn't want Hargreaves in the first team. Understandable perhaps, given his performances.

I remember LRD saying that he'd performed well but perhaps wasn't the answer because England still didn't manage to win with him in the team.

That's the most criticism I've seen of Hargreaves on this board. Except for Yadamean, but he was just ridiculous.
    Luis

Post by Luis Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:02 pm

ok well if you watch Liverpools games this season that Momo plays in you will tell me he's brilliant or you simply don't know a lot about football

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:25 pm