Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
fcb
Luso
DD
Oleguerisntthatbad
Parks lives
Kimbo
TM
Deano
COTR
Ricardo Jol
14 posters

Algarve: Liverpool players in scandal!!

doninha

Algarve: Liverpool players in scandal!! Empty Algarve: Liverpool players in scandal!!

Post by doninha Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:15 pm

here is a rough translation:

Liverpool's last night in the Algarve (where they were training during all week), was pretty exciting, with several players in shamefull episodes, that only ended by 4AM, with the police intervention.

According to the witnesses, the players took the advantage of Rafa Benítez went to Vilamoura to have their fun. 15 players went to the bar Monty, in Vale do Lobo, and some got out of control.

Beer was all around in the bar, and many of the stars had to many.To avoid problemas, they were 'invited' to leave the bar, but the problems happened afterall, even though Gerrard and Crouch did their most to avoid their team mates to misbehave.

When the players got to the Barringtons apartments, the most drunk players (Dudek, Fowler, Pennant and others) were smashing cars, electricity boxes and even some apartments, with the help of golf clubs

Only after the police arrived, the situation was calmer, even though a drunk Dudek tried to headbutt a police officer and had to be handcuffed.

The diplomacy of Liverpool staff avoid further complications and there was no need to take players to police station.

http://www.record.pt/noticia.asp?id=735865&idCanal=44

A última noite do Liverpool no Algarve – onde estagiou durante esta semana – foi bastante agitada, com vários jogadores a protagonizarem situações vergonhosas que só terminaram com intervenção das autoridades perto das 4 horas de sexta-feira.

Segundo o relato de testemunhas, os jogadores aproveitaram o facto de o técnico Rafa Benítez ter ido a Vilamoura para se divertirem. Porém, entre os 15 futebolistas que se deslocaram ao bar Monty’s, em Vale do Lobo, alguns ficaram fora de controlo.

Dudek algemado

A bebida mais ingerida no bar foi cerveja, sendo que várias estrelas perderam a conta às rodadas e ao norte. Para evitar problemas, os britânicos foram “convidados” a abandonar o local, mas isso não seria sinónimo do fim da confusão. Bem pelo contrário, pese os esforços do capitão Gerrard e de Peter Crouch.

Quando chegaram aos apartamentos do empreendimento Barringtons, os jogadores mais embriagados (Dudek, Fowler e Pennant faziam parte do lote) trataram de danificar carros, caixas de electricidade e até o interior de algumas casas, utilizando para o efeito tacos de golfe!

A situação só serenou após a chegada da GNR que, pelo meio, teve de algemar Dudek ) que tentou dar uma cabeçada a um polícia. Tudo perante a incredulidade de várias testemunhas.
    Luis

Algarve: Liverpool players in scandal!! Empty Re: Algarve: Liverpool players in scandal!!

Post by Luis Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:16 pm

how true is this?
    doninha

Algarve: Liverpool players in scandal!! Empty Re: Algarve: Liverpool players in scandal!!

Post by doninha Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:18 pm

source is Record, a Portuguese newspaper, which has all the credibility.

I have friends and customers in Vale do Lobo, I will ask them if they had knowledge of that.

Appearantly it was only a small group of players doing all the idiot things, and Crouch and Gerrard did their best to avoid it.
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:18 pm

I'm not surprised about Dudek.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Number of posts : 12766
    Supports : FC Den Haag!
    Favourite Player : Verhoek and Verhoek and Rado and the euro!
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:18 pm

doninha wrote: the most drunk players were Dudek, Fowler, Pennant and others.

how drunk was and others...?
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:19 pm

there's nothing anywhere else on the net
    doninha

Post by doninha Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:19 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:
    doninha wrote: the most drunk players were Dudek, Fowler, Pennant and others.

how drunk was and others...?

I don't know, thats how it is reported in the newspaper.
    doninha

Post by doninha Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:21 pm

Luis wrote:there's nothing anywhere else on the net

I don't believe English tabloids journalists know how to read Portuguese.

Actually I wrote scandal, but it isn't - the news is quite reserved. No big deals, no TV, no one getting advantage of the situation. Liverpool and the police got to an understnading...
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by COTR Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:22 pm

sounds like a great night out
    doninha

Post by doninha Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:23 pm

COTR wrote:sounds like a great night out

Cool
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:24 pm

Just an ordinary British way to go out at night!
    Luis

Post by Luis Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:25 pm

Surprised Bellamy wasn't named Shocked
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:27 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:

Hardly - no casual sex, no snorting of poor quality, overpriced cocaine, no vomiting...
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:30 pm

how do you know that ? Doh
    COTR
    COTR

Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:31 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:how do you know that ? Doh
    because it is not in this very accurate and highly reliable piece of jouralism obviously ricky
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:32 pm

COTR wrote:
    because it is not in this very accurate and highly reliable piece of jouralism obviously ricky

Maybe they didn't see everything Children kid
    COTR
    COTR

Post by COTR Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:33 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:
    COTR wrote:

Yes but the drugs tester will very soon if you are right ricardo kid
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:35 pm

COTR wrote:
    Ricardo Jol wrote:
    COTR wrote:

Yes but the drugs tester will very soon if you are right

Maybe they keep the results behind.... You never know it is Liverpool and they changed more laws and rules recently... Wink

Last edited by on Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:37 pm

Ricardo Jol wrote:

Sounds like the Dutch don't know how to party...Isn't that right Ricky Van Barnaveld.
    Ricardo Jol
    Ricardo Jol

Post by Ricardo Jol Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:41 pm

Deaño-WHUFC wrote:
    Ricardo Jol wrote:

Sounds like the Dutch don't know how to party...Isn't that right Ricky Van Barnaveld.

If this is what party means in the UK I hope we Dutchies don't know what it is.
    TM
    TM

Number of posts : 21218
    Supports : PROGRESS!
    Favourite Player : Luis Figo
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by TM Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:09 pm

Laugh Dudek is a joker! Headbutting a policemen!
    Kimbo
    Kimbo

Number of posts : 38171

Post by Kimbo Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:19 pm

Luis wrote:Surprised Bellamy wasn't named Shocked
    Bellamy was probably safe and sound in his hotel room beating a local girl. ok
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:30 pm

Kimbo wrote:

lol!
    S4P

Post by S4P Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:51 pm

Kimbo wrote:

lol! Ale
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:41 pm

Hopefully this'll be enough of an excuse to get rid of Pennant at the end of the season.
    Oleguerisntthatbad

Number of posts : 7180
    Registration date : 2006-08-10

Post by Oleguerisntthatbad Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:48 pm

Obispo wrote:Hopefully this'll be enough of an excuse to get rid of Pennant at the end of the season.

I thought you liked Pennant?... But you are right.. he is championship material..
    L r d

Post by L r d Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:52 pm

Oleguerisntthatbad wrote:
    Obispo wrote:Hopefully this'll be enough of an excuse to get rid of Pennant at the end of the season.

I thought you liked Pennant?... But you are right.. he is championship material..

I can't stand him but I'll support him. Same, only to a lesser extent, with Bellamy. You're being harsh on him though, he's improved alot form-wise for us recently.

Still not someone I want at the club but I find it hard to justify saying things like "we should get rid of him, he's shit" when he's been our best midfielder for a month and a half. Now, if I can say "get rid, he's a cock and a troublemaker" then I can feel better about it Ale
    doninha

Post by doninha Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:58 am

I managed to talk with 2 friends from the Algarve, and one of them is a friend of a GNR (local police - I also know the guy).

The incident is true, although its being discretly handled by the authorities (refuse to confirm or deny), tourism entities and Liverpool.

The TV news also reported, although without 'scandal', and only in the sports section. Almost like... another group of British drunk tourists... and nobody gives a damn... a typical day in the Algarve.

On the TV, the Barrington's Complex staff denies that were any kind of serious troubles, all they had was a claim that a glass was broken at 4AM (heheheh, I really like the 'nothing, but a glass of water felt at 4AM).

My friend confirmed me the story, that the bar owner had to expell the group of players, calling the police (which eventually also called, BTW)... and then that the police went to Barringtons where there were lots of people calling about the noise - car alarms, shouting, singing. Only a few players were found and some of them were quite arrogant and refused to go to their rooms.

Dudek was going to be arrested, but when Liverpool staff arrived they assured the police they would take care of him, and Dudek himself appologized in the end.
    DD
    DD

Number of posts : 10721
    Supports : NEC

Post by DD Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:00 am

<Ale> for the info
    Luso
    Luso

Number of posts : 3305
    Supports : Sporting Clube de Portugal

Post by Luso Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:31 am

I'm sure, some how, the Portuguese are to blame. I bet there was diving and ficticious card waving involved at some point.

Ahh, Brits...they'll never drown in a vat of beer that's for sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:00 am