Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
AsianBoy
Rez
Tweesus
DS
Supermarafado
Football Genius
Axeslammer
blutgraetsche
Fey
Pierre Littbarski
Freddie Or Not
forza_rossi
Owen Thomas
Glenarch of the Glen
Deano
COTR
Keano Is God
Isco Benny
None
Dwarf
Parks lives
christmasborocooper
Batman
27 posters

FA Cup 5th Round Replays

Cesc

FA Cup 5th Round Replays - Page 9 Empty Re: FA Cup 5th Round Replays

Post by Cesc Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:38 pm

blutgraetsche wrote:
    L r d wrote:
    really? He was a muppet who got raped by drogba numerous times last year. Only wenger rates him

I could swear that I read some very positive comments here and earlier on 606.
    You did.

He was very good last season, deputising for the 'ill' Campbell. Lrd is basing his argument on one incident in the Charity Shield.
    L r d

Post by L r d Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:41 pm

Cesc wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:
    L r d wrote:
    really? He was a muppet who got raped by drogba numerous times last year. Only wenger rates him

I could swear that I read some very positive comments here and earlier on 606.
    You did.

He was very good last season, deputising for the 'ill' Campbell. Lrd is basing his argument on one incident in the Charity Shield.

Laughing you are telling me what i am basing it on. drogba done it in two games one in the league one charity shield, he also messed up many times in the league near the end of the season.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by The Pröfessör Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:42 pm

L r d wrote:
    blutgraetsche wrote:I remember a lot of guys (not just Arsenal fans) and the English press hyping Senderos last season, especially for his matches in the CL.

Fickle....

I rate him too, though plenty of arsenal fans don't because they feel djourou is better. He is quite different from all our defenders and he's the one most suited to the epl imo. He will develop into a Terry, adams, vidic -esqe type defender. Watch this space...
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:43 pm

L r d wrote:Laughing you are telling me what i am basing it on. drogba done it in two games one in the league one charity shield, he also messed up many times in the league near the end of the season.
    Charity Shield - Yes. In the League a big fat No. We kept Chelsea at bay for large parts of the game. Hardly ours or Senderos' fault that Drogba scored a shin goal.

He was injured towards the end of the season.
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:49 pm

Batman wrote:i think Blackburn will win this one.

Very Happy

Big pressure on the PSV game now for Arsenal.
    The Pröfessör
    The Pröfessör

Number of posts : 10076

Post by The Pröfessör Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:52 pm

Batman wrote:

Very Happy

we'll win that one ok
    Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071

Post by Batman Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:55 pm

Saturday, 10 March 2007
    Middlesbrough v Man Utd, 17:30

Sunday, 11 March 2007
    Blackburn v Man City, 16:00
    Chelsea v Tottenham, 12:45
    Plymouth v Watford, 18:00

Odds:
    Chelsea 13/8
    Manchester Utd 7/4
    Blackburn 6/1
    Manchester City 11/1
    Tottenham 12/1
    Middlesbrough 14/1
    Watford 25/1
    Plymouth 50/1

Last edited by on Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    christmasborocooper
    christmasborocooper

Number of posts : 39348
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by christmasborocooper Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:14 pm

Batman wrote:Saturday, 10 March 2007
    Middlesbrough v Man Utd, 17:30

Sunday, 11 March 2007
    Arsenal/ Blackburn v Man City, 16:00
    Chelsea v Tottenham, 12:45
    Plymouth v Watford, 18:00

Odds:
    Chelsea 13/8
    Manchester Utd 7/4
    Blackburn 6/1
    Manchester City 11/1
    Tottenham 12/1
    Middlesbrough 14/1
    Watford 25/1
    Plymouth 50/1

will be worth a few bob Wink
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:23 am

Is Sky, Arsenal biased?

Andy Gray was almost crying last night and kept on praising Arsenal for playing so well. scratch

Whilst Richard Keys kept on about Arsenal being the kings of the cup competitions even though they haven't won a cup since 2005 and even then they were outplayed.
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:53 am

Parks lives wrote:Whilst Richard Keys kept on about Arsenal being the kings of the cup competitions even though they haven't won a cup since 2005 and even then they were outplayed.
    There has only been one winner since 2005. We can' t win it every season.

Here is our record in the competition over the last few years:

2001 - Runners Up
    2002 - Winners
    2003 - Winners
    2004 - Semi Finalists
    2005 - Winners
    2006 - 4th Round
    2007 - 5th Round

Can you name another club with a better record than that.

I'm not have a direct go at you about this but the whole outplayed thing in the 2005 final is starting to get very boring. Yes we were second best on the day and Man Utd were much better, few Arsenal fans will say otherwise. We were better on the day that Liverpool won in 2001 but we don't whinge about it.

It's part of football.
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:54 am

Agooner wrote:
    Batman wrote:

Very Happy

we'll win that one ok

Sig material if you lose.
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:11 pm

@ Cesc

But why call you king of cup competitions, when you haven't won any of the recent cup competitions?

Richard Keys almost wet himself over some of your league cup performances this year as well, same as Andy Gray. Its that reason that alot of people on here complain about the Arsenal hype.

Sky seem to have gone in overdrive.
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:14 pm

Cesc wrote:
    Parks lives wrote:Whilst Richard Keys kept on about Arsenal being the kings of the cup competitions even though they haven't won a cup since 2005 and even then they were outplayed.
    There has only been one winner since 2005. We can' t win it every season.

Here is our record in the competition over the last few years:

2001 - Runners Up
    2002 - Winners
    2003 - Winners
    2004 - Semi Finalists
    2005 - Winners
    2006 - 4th Round
    2007 - 5th Round

Can you name another club with a better record than that.

I'm not have a direct go at you about this but the whole outplayed thing in the 2005 final is starting to get very boring. Yes we were second best on the day and Man Utd were much better, few Arsenal fans will say otherwise. We were better on the day that Liverpool won in 2001 but we don't whinge about it.

It's part of football.

I think its because Liverpool actually scored 2 goals, despite being outplayed. I dont think Arsenal had a shot on goal for 90 minutes, RVP had Arsenals only shot on target in extra time, then you won on penalties. If Arsenal had scored in normal time, we wouldnt be talking about it. I think that game as is definately the most unjust game of football I have ever seen.
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

Parks lives wrote:@ Cesc

But why call you king of cup competitions, when you haven't won any of the recent cup competitions?

Because they're good at getting to finals but not so good at winning them?

In truth, Arsenal are a decent cup team, but if anyone is the king of cups it is surely Liverpool. They've won every cup going in the last few years.

Richard Keys almost wet himself over some of your league cup performances this year as well, same as Andy Gray. Its that reason that alot of people on here complain about the Arsenal hype.

Yeah, but Sky are being investigated for trying to take over ITV, and have the worst news coverage in the country. I wouldn't take anything they say seriously.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851

Post by Tweesus Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:16 pm

We won on penalties and you didn't convert your chances, I can't see what the problem is here.

We won fair and square
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:18 pm

Tweedle wrote:We won on penalties and you didn't convert your chances, I can't see what the problem is here.

We won fair and square

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Sometimes, you're the anti-Nutwing...
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:28 pm

Parks lives wrote:@ Cesc

Don't really know how these guys come to their conclusions. But I imagine they have taken the fact we have got to two finals over the last two seasons (despite losing both) and used it to say we usually always get in and around the Final of competitions. Thats what they mean compared to you for example. You and some others think that winnings makes you the king. Others like Sky believe that it is progressing time after time and getting in touching distance to the final.

I have to admit I did find the whole Carling Cup hype funny at times. Even before Liverpool at Anfield Gray commented "Liverpool have to be very careful, these kids are rather special." However I don't think it was just Sky that were giving us heavy praise for the Carling Cup run, others were just as guilty. We did put six past Liverpool at Anfield which is an achievement in itself especially when you consider the avergae age of teh side. However as many have pointed out on here it was down to Dudek and the referee. This is what annoys people as Keys said just before the commercial breaks "Arsenal have been simply breathtaking."

Maybe we are one of the favourites of Sky. They usually take the sides of the hype sides. It was Chelsea not so long ago. If you think the Arsenal love ins are bad now cast your mind back to 2004 when we did the unbeaten season. That was twice as much.
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:32 pm

Rez wrote:I think its because Liverpool actually scored 2 goals, despite being outplayed. I dont think Arsenal had a shot on goal for 90 minutes, RVP had Arsenals only shot on target in extra time, then you won on penalties. If Arsenal had scored in normal time, we wouldnt be talking about it. I think that game as is definately the most unjust game of football I have ever seen.
    Possibly.

I think that van Persie freekick was the only efford we had on the 120 mins of football. We were second best that day no doubting that.

Not taking anything away from Liverpools win that day but we had a clear penalty turned down that would have led to a red card for the defender. Aside for at the end Liverpool did'nt pose to much threat.

We lost one unfairly and won won unfairly. Its football, and its why it is so interesting to discuss at times.
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:37 pm

Cesc wrote:
    Rez wrote:I think its because Liverpool actually scored 2 goals, despite being outplayed. I dont think Arsenal had a shot on goal for 90 minutes, RVP had Arsenals only shot on target in extra time, then you won on penalties. If Arsenal had scored in normal time, we wouldnt be talking about it. I think that game as is definately the most unjust game of football I have ever seen.
    Possibly.

I think that van Persie freekick was the only efford we had on the 120 mins of football. We were second best that day no doubting that.

Not taking anything away from Liverpools win that day but we had a clear penalty turned down that would have led to a red card for the defender. Aside for at the end Liverpool did'nt pose to much threat.

We lost one unfairly and won won unfairly. Its football, and its why it is so interesting to discuss at times.

The Henry clearence of the line with the hand, I dont know how ref didnt spot that. Yeah Arsenal plyed really well that day and I thought they would definately win, Owen thought other wise.
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:40 pm

Rez wrote:The Henry clearence of the line with the hand, I dont know how ref didnt spot that. Yeah Arsenal plyed really well that day and I thought they would definately win, Owen thought other wise.
    Yes - It was either Henchoz or Hyypia.

Still Owen's cameo will go down in legend I imagine.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:44 pm

Its a real pity that Owen has his injury problems - if he hadn't he would have gone down in history as one of Englands best ever strikers
    Parks lives

Post by Parks lives Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:46 pm

He still could break the scoring record if he makes a full recovery.

Agree though, always been one of my favourite non-United players, even more so when he left Liverpool. Very Happy
    Cesc

Post by Cesc Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:48 pm

Tweedle wrote:Its a real pity that Owen has his injury problems - if he hadn't he would have gone down in history as one of Englands best ever strikers
    Yup - Although he still has a chance. Still only 26.

I think it his last chance soon. The doctor that does the surgery procedure has operated on the likes of Larsson, van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo and they came back and had went on the do good things. Look at Larsson now 35 but plays like a youngster.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:48 pm

He seems to be royally fucked with injuries though, I honestly doubt he'll ever recover to play a full season, we'll see though
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool

Post by Football Genius Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:50 pm

Cesc wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:Its a real pity that Owen has his injury problems - if he hadn't he would have gone down in history as one of Englands best ever strikers
    Yup - Although he still has a chance. Still only 26.

I think it his last chance soon. The doctor that does the surgery procedure has operated on the likes of Larsson, van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo and they came back and had went on the do good things. Look at Larsson now 35 but plays like a youngster.

It would be nice to see Owen go a couple of seasons injury free, it would instill a certain confidence in himself.

He also needs time to adapt to the fact hes lost that extra yard of pace that made him so frightening. However he still an instinctive goalscorer which will always make him a threat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:46 am