Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
"Tuffy" Monag
Parks lives
Deano
Tweesus
DS
Batman
10 posters

Mourinho criticises rivals

Batman
    Batman

Number of posts : 9071
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Mourinho criticises rivals Empty Mourinho criticises rivals

Post by Batman Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm

Jose Mourinho has taken a dig at Arsene Wenger's youth policy as well as suggesting Manchester United have benefited from 'undeserved' successes this year.

Speaking in the aftermath of Chelsea's Carling Cup final victory over Arsenal, Mourinho praised Wenger's young side but was quick to point out that they were yet to win anything.

"Arsenal have great boys," said Mourinho.

"But I wouldn't be sad if a club gives me three, four, five years and tells me, 'You don't need to win. You can lose Premiership after Premiership, and you have three, four, five seasons to build'. I wouldn't be sad.

"Since I arrived, they have won nothing. Since we are at Chelsea, they lost Premierships, they lost the Charity Shield to us, they lost the Carling Cup to us. I don't think they are winning a lot.

"Absolutely brilliant young boys, manager top, team with a great future. But they didn't win."

He also felt that title rivals Manchester United had benefited from some good fortune this year, and that Cristiano Ronaldo was a diver.

"This is a season in which United have had no injuries and every player is fine to play. They go to the Champions League and have a disallowed goal for the opponent [Lille] and their goal is 'that' goal.

"They go to Fulham and it looks like they deserve to lose and they win. They play at Tottenham, it's 0-0 and Cristiano dives, they get a penalty and win 4-0. It looks like everything is on their side, but that's football.

"I didn't see the Fulham game to be fair, but the information I have is that it was completely undeserved. It's a game they could have lost and in the end they win it."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 points

1. Has Mourinho forgot about his diving players at Porto and Chelsea.

2. How many games have Chelsea deserve to win this season? but they ended up winning them because of a wonder strike.

e.g.

Chelsea 1 - 0 Liverpool
    Chelsea 1 - 1 Arsenal
    Everton 2 - 3 Chelsea
    Wigan 2 - 3 Chelsea
    DS
    DS

Number of posts : 12952
    Supports : Manchester United , Bayern Munich

Mourinho criticises rivals Empty Re: Mourinho criticises rivals

Post by DS Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:08 pm

Bat
    He likes to play mind games.
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Number of posts : 34851
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Tweesus Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:08 pm

He's an idiot.

He says 'since I've arrived they've won nothing' - true - its been two and a half years, two and a half years in which Chelsea have spent near on £200m.
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:08 pm

Another point...Tottenham were shit and Manchester United ripped them apart...

As for your points

1)ok
    2)ok

You can add Chelsea 1-0 West Ham to that list aswell...we had better chances and more posession...they scored from a free kick that was a DIVE from Drogba...
    L r d

Post by L r d Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:10 pm

The man utd stuff is all mindgames and nonsense. But on Wenger he destroys him, whats he won since i have been here, how can you compare him to me. I would not join a club who could go without winning the prem for 5 years and still be happy lol! <Ale>
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:11 pm

It'd be hypocritical of me to say I agree with his comments on Arsenal and not his comments on Man United.

So I'll just say, he's a bellend.
    Batman
    Batman

Post by Batman Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:11 pm

DeañoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote:Another point...Tottenham were shit and Manchester United ripped them apart...

As for your points

1)ok
    2)ok

You can add Chelsea 1-0 West Ham to that list aswell...we had better chances and more posession...they scored from a free kick that was a DIVE from Drogba...

is that the one were Drogba moved the ball forward for the freekick?
    Deano
    Deano

Number of posts : 22042
    Supports : West Ham United

Post by Deano Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:13 pm

Batman wrote:
    DeañoTheEmo-WHUFC wrote:Another point...Tottenham were shit and Manchester United ripped them apart...

As for your points

1)ok
    2)ok

is that the one were Drogba moved the ball forward for the freekick?

I'm not sure..I was at the match and Don't remember that..what I do know is Anton Ferdinand made a great tackle..got the ball Drogba went down and they got a free kick which Geremi scored from...

Mourinho is another one who fails to see the stuff Chelsea do...although at least he is funny...

Last edited by on Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Post by Parks lives Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:13 pm

No, that was Newcastle in the league cup.

The competition they've just won. Erm
    doninha

Post by doninha Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:18 pm

Well, he wakes up this morning, looks at his new medal, smiles...

... looks at Porto game plan... he smiles and wonders who will be next...

... then he thinks he can finally get the FA cup... and smiles...

finally, reading the newspapre, he looks to the league table and screams "MERDA!!! I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING".

Lets say its his last try to upset Man Utd before Liverpool game. If they win, Mourinho knows its almost ended...
    "Tuffy" Monag

Number of posts : 405
    Supports : SLB
    Registration date : 2007-01-03

Post by "Tuffy" Monag Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:22 pm

I wonder if he laughs as much as I do at people taking his comments seriously?
    Batman
    Batman

Post by Batman Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:23 pm

Parks lives wrote:No, that was Newcastle in the league cup.

The competition they've just won. Erm

Your right, look were Robben was fouled and were the free kick was taken from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84RgpAHpclU
    Machiavel
    Machiavel

Number of posts : 21355
    Supports : AFC Ajax & Manchester United FC
    Favourite Player : Paul Scholes & Wesley Sneijder

Post by Machiavel Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:19 pm

Strange .. Mourinho has always praised Ronaldo and defended him against the accusation of 'diving' against Boro ...
    Rez

Number of posts : 3757
    Registration date : 2006-10-06

Post by Rez Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:34 pm

Rai Krol wrote:Strange .. Mourinho has always praised Ronaldo and defended him against the accusation of 'diving' against Boro ...

Ramblings of a desperate man.

He is funny only Mourinho can complain about diving with a straight face, after managing two teams full of divers.
    doninha

Post by doninha Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:44 pm

"Tuffy" Monag wrote:I wonder if he laughs as much as I do at people taking his comments seriously?

I'm pretty sure I does. And probably thats the so called "meeting" with SAF. Each other laughing of each comments...
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:21 pm

Tweedle wrote:He's an idiot.

He says 'since I've arrived they've won nothing' - true - its been two and a half years, two and a half years in which Chelsea have spent near on £200m.

And in which Arsenal have, unlike Liverpool and Man U, got nowhere close to Chelsea in the league, and lost two finals, indicating a lack of mental toughness.

Mourinho is absolutely right. I've been saying this for a while, good to see Jose agreeing with me. Means than in future debates with Agooner I can just cite someone else's opinion instead of arguing my point...
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:22 pm

Saintsarama MBE wrote:
    Tweedle wrote:He's an idiot.

And in which Arsenal have, unlike Liverpool and Man U, got nowhere close to Chelsea in the league, and lost two finals, indicating a lack of mental toughness.

Mourinho is absolutely right. I've been saying this for a while, good to see Jose agreeing with me. Means than in future debates with Agooner I can just cite someone else's opinion instead of arguing my point...

We came 2nd in his first season here - that I would say is closer than Liverpool
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:31 pm

Tweedle wrote:
    We came 2nd in his first season here - that I would say is closer than Liverpool

You came second, 12 points behind (i.e. a very distant second). Liverpool last year finished 3rd, only 9 points behind.

Hence, Liverpool have got closer to Chelsea since Mourinho arrived. And this season, tell me, what does the table look like? Are Liverpool closer to Chelsea than Arsenal? Well bugger me, so they are...

Take my point?
    Tweesus
    Tweesus

Post by Tweesus Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:34 pm

Its hardly a 'point'.

you're arguing over three points in two seperate seasons, one of which they'd won in March and practically threw their last few results.

And this season we're 4 behind with 2 games in hand - hardly comparable at this moment in time
    Saintsar

Post by Saintsar Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:41 pm

Tweedle wrote:Its hardly a 'point'.

Damn well is.

you're arguing over three points in two seperate* seasons, one of which they'd won in March and practically threw their last few results.

*separate

And this season we're 4 behind with 2 games in hand - hardly comparable at this moment in time

Okay, if the league issue doesn't convince you - you got to the CL final and lost. Liverpool got to the CL final and won. You got to a domestic cup final and lost. Liverpool got to a domestic cup final and won.

Ergo, Liverpool>Arsenal
    Protheus
    Protheus

Number of posts : 1816
    Supports : Futebol Clube do Porto

Post by Protheus Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:44 pm

Same old story...

...Mourinho doing mind games and there are still fans who fall for it

...Fans that lose trophies and that the only excuse for the team they support is accusing the winner of diving (as if their teams players do not dive, yeah right they are all a bunch of angels)

All teams have "divers" at one time or another so using that as an excuse is ridiculous. It is a question of having a fair play or not...like free kicks without whistles or grabbing players in the area on corners and so on...

Not pretty but everyone does it. And to remove all merit and blame it on dives is a weak excuse really.
    S4P

Post by S4P Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:47 pm

"Tuffy" Monag wrote:I wonder if he laughs as much as I do at people taking his comments seriously?

ok

His comments towards Arsenal are just payback for what Wenger was saying about "some managers who win the CL aren't great, they have money etc".

Regarding Man Utd, it's all mind games. It appears Mourinho and Fergie have a pretty good relationship (as far as things go).
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:23 pm

ok

I love it when he does this... he hits the right nerves Wink

I bet SAF is looked like a beetroot when he read this, and Ronaldo ll play with a lot of emotion against Chelsea...

doninha wrote:Well, he wakes up this morning, looks at his new medal, smiles...

... looks at Porto game plan... he smiles and wonders who will be next...

... then he thinks he can finally get the FA cup... and smiles...

finally, reading the newspapre, he looks to the league table and screams "MERDA!!! I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING".

Lets say its his last try to upset Man Utd before Liverpool game. If they win, Mourinho knows its almost ended...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:13 am