Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Pierre Littbarski
Sgoater1
COTR
Hardrada
Roger Hunt
Parks lives
Tom
The-Frank-Tavern
12 posters

Are Lampard and Terry getting too big for their boots?

The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Are Lampard and Terry getting too big for their boots? Empty Are Lampard and Terry getting too big for their boots?

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:25 pm

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=408225&CPID=8&clid=8&lid=2&title=Terry+wants+Gallas+apology

and some of that bollocks lamparse wrote in the sun and notw over the weekend, who do they think they are the biggest names in world football who own chelsea fc. i used to have a modicum of respect for lumparse cos i thought he realised his difficeiencies and had worked hard to get where he was but its clear he has started to believe the hype.
    Tom
    Tom

Number of posts : 12185
    Supports : Chelsea
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Are Lampard and Terry getting too big for their boots? Empty Re: Are Lampard and Terry getting too big for their boots?

Post by Tom Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:27 pm

Terry is right to demand an apology. Hes the club captain. Once more we'll get the Hating-Chelsea bias and so it'll all be wrong and such...
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One

Are Lampard and Terry getting too big for their boots? Empty Re: Are Lampard and Terry getting too big for their boots?

Post by Parks lives Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:27 pm

Terry isn't to bad.

Lampard is a cretin though and he does believe the hype.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Number of posts : 10115

Post by Roger Hunt Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:28 pm

BallackTheBlue wrote:Terry is right to demand an apology.

Why do it publicly though? Question
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:29 pm

terry is club captain but i don´t think that gives him the right to basically ridicule gallas in public without having heard his explanation first.
    Hardrada

Number of posts : 2106
    Supports : Chelsea FC
    Favourite Player : GFZ

Post by Hardrada Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:29 pm

Lampard has been behaving like a total arse, I agree.

Terry is perfectly correct.

Gallas has disrespected EVERY member of our squad, the management and the supporters. He should apologise for his appalingly unprofessional behaviour. Terry is the captain (Jose places a lot of importance on this role) and he has to make sure team spirit is good. If you just ignore Gallas' misdemeanour it does not set a good precedent.
    Tom
    Tom

Post by Tom Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:30 pm

Roger_Hunt wrote:

So that everyone knows. And we dont know if its true yet. It was the Sun. And the article reads "He doesnt have to do it publicly, it would just be nice for Willy to apologise" Rolling Eyes
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:30 pm

terry is the captain and there is not a thing wrong with his comments..

lampard is suffering because he is releasing his book at a time when the public are not very sympathetic with him after his shocking world cup performances.

I have to say however I did enjoy lampard saying he can see himself playing for barca in the future
    COTR
    COTR

Number of posts : 26580
    Supports : Liverp8-0l
    Favourite Player : Xabier Alonso, Fabio Aurelio, Daniel Agger, Pepe Reina, Alberto Aquilani, Elano, Luis Suarez, Glen Johnson

Post by COTR Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:31 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:terry is club captain but i don´t think that gives him the right to basically ridicule gallas in public without having heard his explanation first.
    frank come on... gallas has been acting like a complete spoilt fool..
    Tom
    Tom

Post by Tom Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:31 pm

I enjoyed seeing Gerrard handing in a transfer request then minutes later saying "liverpool is the only club"
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:31 pm

BallackTheBlue wrote:
    Roger_Hunt wrote:

So that everyone knows. And we dont know if its true yet. It was the Sun. And the article reads "He doesnt have to do it publicly, it would just be nice for Willy to apologise" Rolling Eyes
    so the public know terry has asked for an apology so now the apology if there is one will have to be public otherwise gallas will lose the fans respect, he should have said nothing to the press
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:32 pm

But he's said to Sky that he thinks that Gallas owes them an apology. That clearly creates an expectation.

I think it would be better to say nothing beforehand and then say to Gallas's face that he thinks he shoudl apologise.

In fairness though, part of being captain is doing some of the club's PR and he's probably been told to give a message.
    Tom
    Tom

Post by Tom Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:35 pm

Hang on, are you saying Gallas shouldnt apologise?
    Hardrada

Post by Hardrada Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:35 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:so the public know terry has asked for an apology so now the apology if there is one will have to be public otherwise gallas will lose the fans respect, he should have said nothing to the press

He has lost the fans' respect already.

He does this every summer and all the Chelsea fans I know could not give a shit about Gallas anymore.

In fact a public apology would probably have been the only way to get any respect back, even before Terry's speech.
    L r d

Post by L r d Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:35 pm

Yes they are frank
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:40 pm

@ballack, lrd

No I'm not saying that.

I just think all this arguing in the press is sh*t, at ALL clubs.

I just think how I would feel if my workmates started publishing how cr*p they thought my behaviour was before they'd talked to me about it. I can't see that it helps create a harmonious dressing-room.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:41 pm

COTR wrote:
    The-Frank-Tavern wrote:terry is club captain but i don´t think that gives him the right to basically ridicule gallas in public without having heard his explanation first.
    frank come on... gallas has been acting like a complete spoilt fool..
    he´s playing a game he wants out, and thinks this will get him what he wants, wouldn´t you want out of that place?
    Sgoater1
    Sgoater1

Number of posts : 11129
    Supports : Man City

Post by Sgoater1 Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:41 pm

I think the main thing is that these matters should be dealt with within the club and not through the national press, its just not a good way to go about things and i dont think it will have a positive effect.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:45 pm

What the goat said. <Ale>
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:49 pm

Roger_Hunt wrote:What the goat said. <Ale>
    agreed. hence, as i said i think they are getting too big for their boots and moron-io needs to reign them in.
    Roger Hunt
    Roger Hunt

Post by Roger Hunt Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:54 pm

But Frank, as I said above, Terry's probably been primed for this by the club, to weaken Gallas's position (so that they can keep him in the reserves for a year if necessary).

Frank's endless whingeing is another matter. Let's see how he gets on with Ballack competing for his space...
    Hardrada

Post by Hardrada Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:56 pm

Roger_Hunt wrote:But Frank, as I said above, Terry's probably been primed for this by the club, to weaken Gallas's position (so that they can keep him in the reserves for a year if necessary).

Exactly.

BTW you do all realise no-one would buy Lampard's book if it had no controversy in it ? Like when Hasselbaink created that big deal about illegal bonuses (false), I bet he sold loads more copies of his autobiography.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:59 pm

Hardrada wrote:BTW you do all realise no-one would buy Lampard's book if it had no controversy in it ? Like when Hasselbaink created that big deal about illegal bonuses (false), I bet he sold loads more copies of his autobiography.
    suppose but its hardly controversial just pathetic moaning imho

Roger_Hunt wrote:Frank's endless whingeing is another matter. Let's see how he gets on with Ballack competing for his space...
    this did make me laugh moaning about being dropped after all he´d done, expect the same treatment now fat frank
    Pierre Littbarski
    Pierre Littbarski

Number of posts : 12424

Post by Pierre Littbarski Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:33 pm

They're both egotistical cunts who will bugger our National team's hopes for the next couple of years.

Mad
    El Fenomeno
    El Fenomeno

Number of posts : 124
    Supports : West Bromwich Albion, by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!

Post by El Fenomeno Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:49 pm

Terry, you can understand but Lampard...Man, i dont rate him that highly as a player but as a professional i did, until his 'great' autobiography Totally Frank. Its being serialised in the Sun and NOTW and he just seems to think that he really his world class, I mean he says that he nearly was let go for free under Ranieri and they to finsh the piece he says, funny how things change in a cocky way though as if to say the sucess he's achieved at Chelsea couldnt have been done without him.

The Mans 28 and to be writing a auto-biography at that age shows that he just want to buldge his bank account even more BUT the ironic thing is that in one of last weeks 'papers he says hes not into have glossy pics and newspapers (at his weddint be it, same thing though) and that he's a private lad and there is thinking he's Mr. Chelsea...Can't wait for Ballack to take his place this season!
    S4P

Post by S4P Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:22 pm

The thing is, if it looks as though nobody is prepared to speak about it, Gallas will then begin to think that he can do what he likes. It's right of Terry to say the things he said, but I think Lampard took the vice-captain thing a bit too seriously here.
    poiuy1

Number of posts : 2654

Post by poiuy1 Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:56 pm

Pierre Littbarski wrote:They're both egotistical cunts who will bugger our National team's hopes for the next couple of years.

Mad

Agreed
    Hardrada

Post by Hardrada Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:58 pm

poiuy1 wrote:
    Pierre Littbarski wrote:They're both egotistical cunts who will bugger our National team's hopes for the next couple of years.

Mad

Agreed

I dunno.

They probably do have very inflated egos, but is this really any different to Rio, Rooney or Henry (examples). In fact it seems to me that Terry's ego is not as high as those 3 I mentioned.
    youonlycametooseeeboue

Number of posts : 932
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Hleb and Lampard

Post by youonlycametooseeeboue Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:59 pm

i dunno if lampard is too big for his boots but he is too big for his shirt
    Brian2468

Number of posts : 4875

Post by Brian2468 Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:51 am

If you look at Lampard and what he has achieved. Then you look at the way he played last season it is clear that his drop in form has got to him and the way he feels. Not sticking up for the guy but he has proabaly busted his arse in training more than most to get where he did then only to realize talent is for ever and form is temporary.

Terry sounds like he is speaking out for the club and players. Rolling Eyes I would not condem either player. It is a circus and everyone waits to here what these stars have to say...Which really is as bad as the players themselves blabbing on about nothing............ Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:21 pm