Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
youonlycametooseeeboue
Football Genius
6 posters

Crespo!

Target M

Crespo! Empty Crespo!

Post by Target M Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:33 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/5252154.stm
    Football Genius
    Football Genius

Number of posts : 7743
    Supports : Liverpool
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Crespo! Empty Re: Crespo!

Post by Football Genius Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:38 pm

I think he would have been a better signing for you that Ruud perhaps is, similar age both natural goalscorers, both have been excellent in the champions league, definately a tough call, but for free surely you lot would be laughing ? id have him any day over the dissapointly sorry demise of a once legend Ronaldo ?
    youonlycametooseeeboue

Number of posts : 932
    Supports : Arsenal
    Favourite Player : Hleb and Lampard

Post by youonlycametooseeeboue Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:19 pm

in signing crespo they seem to have lost martins. a rubbish deal. in my opinion.
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:39 am

Nope, Martins will stay as well, just that he will now not be a regular starter... he can't expect more after his disappointing season...

Emmanuele Elboue wrote:in signing crespo they seem to have lost martins. a rubbish deal. in my opinion.
    Parks lives

Number of posts : 34521
    Favourite Player : The Ginger One
    Registration date : 2006-08-06

Post by Parks lives Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:41 am

bluenine wrote:Nope, Martins will stay as well, just that he will now not be a regular starter... he can't expect more after his disappointing season...

Emmanuele Elboue wrote:in signing crespo they seem to have lost martins. a rubbish deal. in my opinion.

Are you still after Ibrahimovich as well. As soon as I saw Martins comments, I thought he would be shipped out and you would just bring in Zlatan. Leaving you Adriano, Ibrahimovic and Crespo. Idea
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:50 am

If Martins leaves, than Ibra is the logical move.... a support striker...

But I know for a fact (ever since Recoba's contract got renewed) that Inter will have 5 strrikers next season. Currently it is:

Adriano, Crespo, Martins, Recoba, Cruz.

With Crespo and Cruz as the finishers, Adriano and Martins as the strikers who like to go deep, adn Recoba as the creative option.

If Martins goes, then Ibra will probably only make Inter stronger by giving the holding striker option - thus allowing Mancio to play 3 strikers more regularily.

parks lives wrote:
    bluenine wrote:Nope, Martins will stay as well, just that he will now not be a regular starter... he can't expect more after his disappointing season...

Are you still after Ibrahimovich as well. As soon as I saw Martins comments, I thought he would be shipped out and you would just bring in Zlatan. Leaving you Adriano, Ibrahimovic and Crespo. Idea
    El Fenomeno
    El Fenomeno

Number of posts : 124
    Supports : West Bromwich Albion, by far the greatest team the world has ever seen!

Post by El Fenomeno Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:46 pm

Crespos a bargain on, practically a free, but i do agree with what the above posters are saying in that they seem to have lost Martins but surely if he was a top quality striker who wanted to stay, he'd stay on for a season and fight for a place unless he has had his mind set on a move before Crespo came. Seen as a move would have no effect on my team for a season, I hope he moves to a top club other than Chelsea i.e Man u or Liverpool (Arsenal dont need no more strikers) just to improve the competition for the EPL.
    Deluded F*ck™
    Deluded F*ck™

Number of posts : 21765
    Supports : The Lilywhites from N17
    Favourite Player : The Hurrikane - he's on of our own!

Post by Deluded F*ck™ Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:19 pm

No Don't bring in Zlatlan...

There would be a distinct lack of variety with just Adriano, Crespo & Ibahimovic.

Oba-goal offers something different - he's potentially the best impact sub since Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Zlatlan's stock has fallen badly over the last 12 months - at least Oba has a knack for doing the job against the biggest teams.
    S4P

Post by S4P Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:21 pm

Crespo is still only a loan deal though is it not? 2 year loan deal, but we can call him back after a year was the agreement I thought?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:35 pm