Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Sheffield gunner
The Pröfessör
Forza Italia!Forza Milan!
TM
TITO
Machiavel
Tweesus
DD
NCFC
Batman
Parks lives
Calidad
forza_rossi
EMP
MightyBarca
golsud
Mexicanbecks
Luis
Super Progress
Jaime
The-Frank-Tavern
Torrente
toon h
Puro
fcb
29 posters

La Liga Jornada 36

fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

La Liga Jornada 36 Empty La Liga Jornada 36

Post by fcb Fri May 25, 2007 3:58 am

So apart from the Italian league which has its last matchday this weekend (with 1 relegation spot left to be decided), it looks like La Liga will be one of the last leagues to wrap up around Europe this season. Rather poor planning by the LFP, esp. considering the Copa del Rey final clashes with the start of the Copa America, which means 4 of Sevilla's Brazilians (Dani Alves included) could miss out on one of the two.

Anyway, on to the fixtures - all the attention will be on the top 4 again. Saturday will be yet another 6 hours of tension, as Valencia, Madrid, and Barça all play back to back Yikes

VALENCIA vs. VILLARREAL
    REAL MADRID vs. DEPORTIVO
    BARCELONA vs. GETAFE
    ATHLETIC vs. MALLORCA
    CELTA vs. BETIS
    RACING vs. LEVANTE
    OSASUNA vs. R. SOCIEDAD
    RECREATIVO vs. ESPANYOL
    NÁSTIC vs. ATLÉTICO
    SEVILLA vs. ZARAGOZA

Looking at those fixtures, this could be the weekend where Valencia and Sevilla kiss goodbye to their title hopes. Los Ches face a Villarreal team who are on a great winning run, and anything less a win could mean Valencia are mathematically out of the title race if Madrid or Barça win.

Madrid theoretically shouldn't have trouble with Depor, but will they need luck on their side again to save their ass?

Barcelona also need to win against Getafe, with bad memories of the Copa semifinal 2nd leg still lingering. The team is fired up though, so the players will have to buck this season's trend of following a good result with a bad one.

Can Celta take a few last breaths in the league with a result against fellow relegation battlers Betis on Sunday?

The Osasuna vs. Sociedad match is also going to be interesting thanks to all the talk of Basque brotherhood and maletines that's gone on for the past couple of weeks.

Can Atletico restore lost pride and finally relegate Nastic?

And finally, Sevilla-Zaragoza should be an exciting goal-filled finish to the weekend!
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

La Liga Jornada 36 Empty Re: La Liga Jornada 36

Post by Puro Fri May 25, 2007 5:22 am

If I were the president of Real Madrid, I would work out a deal with Zaragoza. I would give them monetary incentives to do well against Sevilla. Let's say some cash for getting at least a draw, and double that amount if they defeat Sevilla.

Then I'd tell them that IF I were to become champions in the end that Real Madrid would quadruple that amount. Never mind that Zaragoza are still in the schedule. lol! <Ale>

Don't forget folks, make some money with Real Madrid. Already won $200 last week, and I'm putting some more this weekend. I can smell chicanery coming from Real Madrid even from my side of the pond. Biggrin <Ale>
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri May 25, 2007 5:30 am

Puro, your first paragraph is exactly the rumour that's going around...though I myself am a little confused by it, because if anything, Madrid should be more worried about us than Sevilla. Though Getafe and Espanyol hardly need any incentives to beat us, I guess.
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Post by toon h Fri May 25, 2007 7:22 am

what is everyone's opinion on the suitcases business? to me, perfectly alright as long as there is no incentive to lose (as Puro suggested, this would surely be immoral). IMO there could be no doubt of those monetary incentives being there.

And Getafe's president is a Madrid socio (even an alleged candidate for the Madrid presidency at one point) so expect some direct incentive from him to his own players to start with.
    Torrente
    Torrente

Number of posts : 5489
    Registration date : 2006-08-16

Post by Torrente Fri May 25, 2007 12:17 pm

toon h wrote:what is everyone's opinion on the suitcases business? to me, perfectly alright as long as there is no incentive to lose (as Puro suggested, this would surely be immoral). IMO there could be no doubt of those monetary incentives being there.

And Getafe's president is a Madrid socio (even an alleged candidate for the Madrid presidency at one point) so expect some direct incentive from him to his own players to start with.

Personally I'm completely against it. I think it goes against the spirit of the game, even if it is only about getting a team to play better rather than to lose. Allowing this to go on will only open a Pandora's Box and La Liga could easily turn into Seria A. Not to mention, this is also unfair on the smaller teams because they can't afford to pay other teams to play better while the richer clubs can.
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Fri May 25, 2007 12:19 pm

come on valencia and sevilla this weekend, and ffs if we can´t beat Nastic, I´ll start the Aguirre out campaign
    Jaime
    Jaime

Number of posts : 32027
    Supports : Real Madrid CF
    Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by Jaime Fri May 25, 2007 1:34 pm

kas wrote:Can Atletico restore lost pride and finally relegate Nastic?

It's doubtful...although this would presume that they had any to begin with.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Number of posts : 15429
    Supports : Real Madrid + Mierda inchada en un palo
    Favourite Player : Laudrup,Cassano,Totti, Zidane,Marcelo, Pepe!,Guti, PROGRESS

Post by Super Progress Fri May 25, 2007 1:54 pm

kas wrote:Puro, your first paragraph is exactly the rumour that's going around...though I myself am a little confused by it, because if anything, Madrid should be more worried about us than Sevilla. Though Getafe and Espanyol hardly need any incentives to beat us, I guess.
    i think it is because if zaragoza win against sevilla they will have european football thus not neededing to win against us. i think it should be ilegal because like torrente said one thing leads to another. and if is done it should be made public. about the rumor i would hate it because we meet zaragoza so it would be bad time to give them money.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Fri May 25, 2007 1:56 pm

They can;t do that surely? that must be illegal
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Fri May 25, 2007 1:59 pm

Luis wrote:They can;t do that surely? that must be illegal
    it is not illegal to pay another team to win only illegal if it was to lose. i dont think there is a problem with paying other teams to do well but there could become a problem if people start get dirty.
    Jaime
    Jaime

Favourite Player : Butragueño, Redondo, Raúl, Guti, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Isco, Carvajal

Post by Jaime Fri May 25, 2007 2:06 pm

UEFA pay out prize money for wins or draws in the group stages of the CL. What is the difference?

In an ideal world, player should not need any incentive other than their own pride as a professional but the truth is that there are some teams that are not playing for anything so why not give them an incentive to not start their vacations (mentally) early?
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Fri May 25, 2007 2:47 pm

Jaime wrote:

tread v carefully
    Jaime
    Jaime

Post by Jaime Fri May 25, 2007 2:48 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:
    Jaime wrote:

tread v carefully

Wink
    Mexicanbecks
    Mexicanbecks

Number of posts : 3775
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Favourite Player : Zidane
    Registration date : 2006-11-16

Post by Mexicanbecks Fri May 25, 2007 4:13 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:come on valencia and sevilla this weekend, and ffs if we can´t beat Nastic, I´ll start the Aguirre out campaign

the only reason i can stand atletico is cuz of their mexican coach <Ale>
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Fri May 25, 2007 4:17 pm

aguirre started promisingly but the wheels have come off of late and we have had a complete inability to beat anybody above us, which doesn´t fill me with long term confidence but i don´t really want to see another manager sacked after 1 season
    Mexicanbecks
    Mexicanbecks

Number of posts : 3775
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Favourite Player : Zidane
    Registration date : 2006-11-16

Post by Mexicanbecks Fri May 25, 2007 4:20 pm

The-Frank-Tavern wrote:aguirre started promisingly but the wheels have come off of late and we have had a complete inability to beat anybody above us, which doesn´t fill me with long term confidence but i don´t really want to see another manager sacked after 1 season

yeah it seems like he was doing good, hopefully he stays though i have lots of respect for him. He had us playing some very good football against top teams in the wc. i still remember when we completely man handled italy (what a header by borgetti) and beat croatia Ale only to get knocked out by the us
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Fri May 25, 2007 7:17 pm

Mexicanbecks wrote:
    The-Frank-Tavern wrote:aguirre started promisingly but the wheels have come off of late and we have had a complete inability to beat anybody above us, which doesn´t fill me with long term confidence but i don´t really want to see another manager sacked after 1 season

yeah it seems like he was doing good, hopefully he stays though i have lots of respect for him. He had us playing some very good football against top teams in the wc. i still remember when we completely man handled italy (what a header by borgetti) and beat croatia Ale only to get knocked out by the us
    please im trying to forget that dame game. i think if atletico ever want to have succes they will have to keep him for another season.
    Luis
    Luis

Number of posts : 26262
    Supports : Liverpool
    Favourite Player : Luis Garcia, Danny Agger, Pedro, Pepe Reina, Luis Suarez, Raul Meireles, Juan Mata, Jordan Henderson
    Registration date : 2007-03-28

Post by Luis Fri May 25, 2007 7:32 pm

I think this will be the week Madrid get one hand on the trophy, I can see Barca drawing to Getafe
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri May 25, 2007 9:22 pm

btw, I just realised that there is an international break after this weekend's games Doh

However, the advantage (for us) is that Madrid's game with Zaragoza is just 3 days after most players will get back on Thursday. Whereas for us it could also be tricky playing Espanyol, but at least we'll be at home.
    golsud

Number of posts : 4869
    Supports : Barça

Post by golsud Fri May 25, 2007 9:23 pm

Sevilla,Vila-real and Atleti have to win. This will put pressure on Zaragoza to beat Madriz in the next jornada Very Happy
    toon h
    toon h

Number of posts : 8715

Post by toon h Fri May 25, 2007 10:42 pm

supermadrid(zizou legend) wrote:
    Luis wrote:They can;t do that surely? that must be illegal
    it is not illegal to pay another team to win only illegal if it was to lose. i dont think there is a problem with paying other teams to do well but there could become a problem if people start get dirty.

I am quite sure both are illegal.

Rijkaard says himself he has seen evidence of the infamous "suitcases" whilst in Spain. Maybe when he was a player at Zaragoza??
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri May 25, 2007 10:48 pm

The legality is not just in question because of the payments themselves - from what I understand these payments are from the directors of a club to individual players of the other club being paid to win. So it brings up issues of mis-representing costs in the accounts of the directors' club, or players receiving such payments having to hide it from their income reporting (basically tax evasion), and so on.
    Super Progress
    Super Progress

Post by Super Progress Fri May 25, 2007 10:52 pm

i dont know about that. just read a article by Phil Ball about it and he said it was quite common spain but they dont talk about it.
    fcb
    fcb

Post by fcb Fri May 25, 2007 10:55 pm

Yeah, it's all a very concealed operation. When players say "I don't know anything about suitcases" it is probably because their teammates are hiding it, or it may just be a sneaky play on words by the player . ie. he may not know anything about suitcases, but know a lot about electronic wire transfers Wink
    MightyBarca

Number of posts : 860
    Supports : Fc Barcelona
    Favourite Player : Rivaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Arshavin
    Registration date : 2007-03-16

Post by MightyBarca Sat May 26, 2007 3:49 pm

are there any streams where i can watch barca becasue my box has gone off Sad
    golsud

Post by golsud Sat May 26, 2007 3:59 pm

Try rojadirecta.com.
    MightyBarca

Number of posts : 860
    Supports : Fc Barcelona
    Favourite Player : Rivaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Arshavin
    Registration date : 2007-03-16

Post by MightyBarca Sat May 26, 2007 4:12 pm

do u have to have sum download thing like pp stream or summt or can u just watch it straight up?
    golsud

Post by golsud Sat May 26, 2007 4:18 pm

You have to download a program first.
    EMP
    EMP

Number of posts : 7384
    Supports : Valencia, and in Africa Al-Ahly
    Favourite Player : The Legendary David Albelda, Mohammed Aboutreika, Charles Gyamfi, Baba Yara, Kalusha Bwalya, Godfrey Chitalu, Segun Odegbami,
    Registration date : 2007-03-24

Post by EMP Sat May 26, 2007 5:03 pm

supermadrid(zizou legend) wrote:
    kas wrote:Puro, your first paragraph is exactly the rumour that's going around...though I myself am a little confused by it, because if anything, Madrid should be more worried about us than Sevilla. Though Getafe and Espanyol hardly need any incentives to beat us, I guess.
    i think it is because if zaragoza win against sevilla they will have european football thus not neededing to win against us. i think it should be ilegal because like torrente said one thing leads to another. and if is done it should be made public. about the rumor i would hate it because we meet zaragoza so it would be bad time to give them money.

Wouldn't they still be in with a chance of Champions League if they beat you as well, thereby still having a huge incentive to try to beat you (not sure of current points totals so disregard if Zaragoza are out of contention.

I think that it should be illegal for any club to offer any incentives to any other club. Would it be fair for a big club threatened with relegation to offer incentives to another club to beat one of their rivals in the relegation fight while the other club can't aaford to offer incentives to the bigger club's opponent?
    Puro
    Puro

Number of posts : 10679
    Registration date : 2006-09-12

Post by Puro Sat May 26, 2007 5:06 pm

Valencia-Villarreal just kicked off. Then it's Real Madrid-Deportivo, and after that it's Barcelona-Getafe. Tomorrow it's SEVILLA-ZARAGOZA. cheers

Have anyone here gotten some head while watching football, and drinking your favorite drink? <Ale> Biggrin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 6:15 am