Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
La Saeta Rubia
fcb
6 posters

Dunga blame barca freedom for Dinho Barzil form.

Dunga blame barca freedom for Dinho Barzil form. Empty Dunga blame barca freedom for Dinho Barzil form.

Post by Guest Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:14 pm

Dunga Blames Barça Freedom For Ronaldinho's Brazil Form

The new Brazil coach explained on a television show yesterday, that he thought the freedom given to Ronaldinho in Barcelona's scheme of things is to blame for his poor form with the national team.

"No matter how much talent a player has, he will not perform at a hundred percent for the entire ninety minutes," said Dunga.

"There will be moments of genius, but he must also help the team at other times," he continued, suggesting that Ronaldinho must become more useful for the team when they don't have the ball.

However, he said that he was open to discussing the issue with the player, to better understand how the Barcelona ace likes to go about things.

"It costs me nothing to talk to each player, and to know when they feel best on the field," said the 1994 World Cup winner. "However, we must give the players collective responsibilities, and not just individual."

These comments come as the debate continues, on how Ronaldinho should be used by the five times World Cup winners.

On one side, are those who suggest that he must understand that he cannot enjoy the same freedom as with Barcelona, with the likes of Kaka, Adriano, Robinho and Ronaldo also present, and must adapt to a deeper role.

On the other, are those who insist that it is the national team that must be built so as to best use his genius, and that success can hardly be achieved by shackling the World's best player.

how do you think he should be played
    fcb
    fcb

Number of posts : 40471
    Supports : FC Barcelona
    Registration date : 2006-08-11

Dunga blame barca freedom for Dinho Barzil form. Empty Re: Dunga blame barca freedom for Dinho Barzil form.

Post by fcb Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:19 pm

I do agree with Dunga's view slightly here, although Ronaldinho needs more freedom than most players, that doesn't mean he can completely ignore defensive duties like he does when playing for us. When he loses a ball, he just gives up on it and jogs back. Messi, Etoo, Giuly, etc. all chase their man to try and win it, or put some pressure so that Deco or the fullback can then come in and win it.

So basically I'm saying that Rijkaard should ask him to defend a little more for us as well.
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Number of posts : 5244
    Supports : Real Madrid
    Registration date : 2006-08-07

Dunga blame barca freedom for Dinho Barzil form. Empty Re: Dunga blame barca freedom for Dinho Barzil form.

Post by La Saeta Rubia Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:08 pm

I didnt read the other posts but if Dunga says Barça i to blame i agree ... boooo Barça Razz
    Axeslammer
    Axeslammer

Number of posts : 19690
    Supports : Leeds Utd / FC Groningen
    Favourite Player : Le Tiss, Bergkamp, Tadic, Eric le Roy

Post by Axeslammer Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:17 am

So Dunga is actually saying Rijkaard is a better manager than he is.

Because, obviously Rijkaard makes that amount of freedom work for Ronaldinho....

Quite a stupid statement from Dunga.

(if he were to blame Real for not getting Ronaldo in shape...)
    La Saeta Rubia
    La Saeta Rubia

Number of posts : 5244
    Supports : Real Madrid

Post by La Saeta Rubia Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:25 am

Axeslammer ! wrote:(if he were to blame Real for not getting Ronaldo in shape...)

NOBODY can get Ronaldo in shape. I think Mission Impossible 4 will revolve around getting Ronaldo fit, Ethan Hunt is gonna have his work cut out.
    blutgraetsche
    blutgraetsche

Number of posts : 23328
    Supports : Deutsche Fußballnationalmannschaft
    Registration date : 2006-08-09

Post by blutgraetsche Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:33 am

Axeslammer ! wrote:So Dunga is actually saying Rijkaard is a better manager than he is.

Because, obviously Rijkaard makes that amount of freedom work for Ronaldinho....

Quite a stupid statement from Dunga.

(if he were to blame Real for not getting Ronaldo in shape...)

No, Dunga is saying that you have other dominant players in the Selecao midfield / attack, who can not be the water carriers for Ronaldinho, and make it hard for him to build the team around Ronaldinho like Barca does. Either he completely changes the Selecao and builds the team around Ronaldinho, which as a consequence means replacing current starting players, who are stars themselves. Or Ronaldinho has to adopt his game for the benefit of the team.

My standpoint on this is: If Ronaldinho is really the best player in the world, he should be able to adopt, because that's actually one of the criteria of a true great.

Post by Guest Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:32 am

i don't see who one ask of someone something that they aren't capable of doing. That being dinho defending, that like have the lead singer in a band playing drums.

As i see it barca have has much WC attacking players in their team, has barzil has if not more.
    when Ricky came to barca he tried the hold dinho defending thing and saw that in would not do it.(case in point the CL finals where he put E’Too has the left to track back with eboue) so he said to himself this player can only play in the final 3rd of the field and built and team for that basic frame work, so he brought in player who a great attacking player but are also willing to work hard for the team "and Dinho" and thus and the Beginnings of a dynasty was created.

i don't see why everyone is getting on dinho's back about in not tracking back when this as been the case since his days in germio, and i don't see zidane and all the other greats being asked to harm their game to benefit their team,(I saw 3 men behind zidane doing the dirty work with him taking a few steps back every now and again) when their game in truth no matter want critics might say is at the least 60% of the team attacking thrust. and with the exception of kaka i don't see any other brazil player tracking back, (and in the case of the two front man move at all) with is affecting his game hugely because on form he can be every bit as good as dinho.

i say brazil should fine a system to best exploit the games of kaka&dinho and make everybody else know, don't matter what the critics may say that these two guys playing at their best would have at least taken brazil to the world cup finals.

The way I think Brazil should have/and should line up from now on.

-----------------------GK----------------------

--Cicinho------Lucio-------Juan------Gilberto/?

------kaka---------Emerson---Juninho-----

----Robinho--------Ronaldo/? -------Dinho

In stead of this stupid 4222 without any true midfielder that can only work in a team allows them to counter attack. Has Ghana & Argentina learnt in the world cup and Confed cup respective likely

or they could set up like in the 02 world, Remember , Brazil against England? The offence was like

Rivaldo Ronaldinho
    -------Ronaldo

They opened up one of the tournament's best defences.
    with 3 DMs cover for them.

just add kaka for rivaldo and some one that will Actually move up fornt for ronaldo.

to me Barzil 06 just showed that they have a very-poor coach(i don't give a rats ass that he won the WC)
    bluenine
    bluenine

Number of posts : 22998
    Supports : www.footballspeak.com
    Favourite Player : Zanetti
    Registration date : 2006-08-08

Post by bluenine Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:41 am

The difference being that there is a lot more expected out of Brazil than is out of Barca... making a team around Ronaldinho in Brazil will not work as effectively coz they will have to beat teams like Italy and Argentina, which are better than any club side that Barca may face...

Barca, the way they play now, will be underdogs against a side like Italy, while Brazil are expected to be at least equals.

On the other hand, Dunga also has better resources than Rijkaard. His challenge is to see how to make use of his resources to make the best possible team... a team much much more potent that Barca is now... Dunga has to figure out how to blend talents like Dinho, kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo, Juninho, etc into the squad... so he is right in saying that he cannot give Dinho as much freedom as he gets at Barca....

But whether Dunga with his lack of experience be able to do this is another thing altogether... this was a risky more by Brazil, and I think it was about time Brazil looked at getting a foriegn coach for their national team... someone like Lippi/Capello/Mourinho can easily make teams like Brazil or Argentina into world champions...

I do agree that CAP lost it in this world cup... great coaches sometimes do not live upto the times, and I think CAP and Zagalo are totally outdated and out thought now. That ways, perhaps it wasn't a bad idea to get someone more in tune with the times to manage Brazil, but did they have to get someone who has never coached before???

Messiah wrote:i don't see who one ask of someone something that they aren't capable of doing. That being dinho defending, that like have the lead singer in a band playing drums.

As i see it barca have has much WC attacking players in their team, has barzil has if not more.
    when Ricky came to barca he tried the hold dinho defending thing and saw that in would not do it.(case in point the CL finals where he put E’Too has the left to track back with eboue) so he said to himself this player can only play in the final 3rd of the field and built and team for that basic frame work, so he brought in player who a great attacking player but are also willing to work hard for the team "and Dinho" and thus and the Beginnings of a dynasty was created.

i don't see why everyone is getting on dinho's back about in not tracking back when this as been the case since his days in germio, and i don't see zidane and all the other greats being asked to harm their game to benefit their team,(I saw 3 men behind zidane doing the dirty work with him taking a few steps back every now and again) when their game in truth no matter want critics might say is at the least 60% of the team attacking thrust. and with the exception of kaka i don't see any other brazil player tracking back, (and in the case of the two front man move at all) with is affecting his game hugely because on form he can be every bit as good as dinho.

i say brazil should fine a system to best exploit the games of kaka&dinho and make everybody else know, don't matter what the critics may say that these two guys playing at their best would have at least taken brazil to the world cup finals.

The way I think Brazil should have/and should line up from now on.

-----------------------GK----------------------

--Cicinho------Lucio-------Juan------Gilberto/?

------kaka---------Emerson---Juninho-----

----Robinho--------Ronaldo/? -------Dinho

In stead of this stupid 4222 without any true midfielder that can only work in a team allows them to counter attack. Has Ghana & Argentina learnt in the world cup and Confed cup respective likely

or they could set up like in the 02 world, Remember , Brazil against England? The offence was like

Rivaldo Ronaldinho
    -------Ronaldo

They opened up one of the tournament's best defences.
    with 3 DMs cover for them.

just add kaka for rivaldo and some one that will Actually move up fornt for ronaldo.

to me Barzil 06 just showed that they have a very-poor coach(i don't give a rats ass that he won the WC)
    The-Frank-Tavern
    The-Frank-Tavern

Number of posts : 8505
    Supports : Atlético de Madrid

Post by The-Frank-Tavern Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:44 am

one small point i think juninho announced his international retirement. as for integrating all those big names in forward orientated positions is impossible simply too many he has a choice of who not all, imho. but on the whole i agree bluenine

Post by Guest Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:27 am

You know what else was missing? A solid duo. in 1994, the combination of Bebeto and Romario was just absulotely fantastic. When Ronaldo was introduced to the team him and Romario played electrifying football. In 1998, there was evident lack of team work. Bebeto, Romario, Rivaldo all never clicked together (Dunga was really angry and had a fight with Bebeto) and they ended up losing 3-0. In 2002, when Brazil had an excited and well positioned Ronaldinho playing behind an improved friendship between Ronaldo and Rivaldo they beat Germany 2-0 in the finals.

The combination of Adriano and Ronaldo is s*it. Ronaldinho with the weight of the world on his shoulder couldn't bang in a couple of goals to silent the critics. The whole atmosphere was just unprofessional.

Dunga needs to find a similar combo to Jairzinho/Pele, Bebeto/Romario, Ronaldo/Romario, Ronaldo/Rivaldo (WC 2002)...

kaka and Dinho tried to be this dou but were in the shadows of Ronaldo in the yes of CAP

It all boils down to what Dunga said. He will talk to the players and see where they feel comfortable. What is wrong with that?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:18 pm